Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Chinese guys jealous of westerners

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Chinese guys jealous of westerners

Postby Avatar1983 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:16 am

Hey everyone. Here's a good topic. For those of you living in China. You ever find Chinese guys jealous of us?

At the night club:
1. I remember being at a club in MianYang, Sichuan Province. I approached a girl and she was nice. We were dancing together and having a great time. Then a guy comes up to her and no longer is she interested in me. She now ignores me.

Another situation involved my American friend in a club in Chengdu. By now I don't even bother approaching girls at a club. I warned him that if he approached the two girls he saw that a chinese guy will come and interfere. And sure enough that's what happened.

Outside the club:
In Deyang, sichuan province (almost no foreigners live there) I met two girls. They invited me to dinner. I went. We were chatting, laughing, and having a good time. Two guys came up to us and one started talking to me. The other talked to the two girls. Later the 5 of us went to the clothing store the guys worked at. Both girls eventually left. I got all their mobile numbers. But after that night neither girl would ever talk to me again. And one of the guys would respond to my text messages. But only with lukewarm responses to what I said. When I said to him "I decided to leave China. I hate it here". He said "Is it cause you don't have any friends?". I realise now these two guys did what they could to be a barrier between me and these two girls I met.

I realise now many Chinese people actually don't like foreigners. And their friendliness is fake.
Avatar1983
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:33 am







Postby Repatriate » Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:57 am

Maybe but it could also be how you approached the girls and who you approached. Language and a lot of other things play a big role too.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2533
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:39 pm

Postby MrPeabody » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:33 am

You bring up an interesting and valid topic. There hasn't been much discussion here about how the men in various countries react to expats approaching their women. Also, women are in short supply in China which might increase competitive behavior in men. As a side note, clubs are terrible places to meet women. Women go there to be seen by their peers and thus are hyper sensitive to all the social conventions and are aware they are being watched. If you don't obviously fit it then you are vulnerable to being blocked by one of the in crowd.
Last edited by MrPeabody on Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1246
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:53 pm

Re: Chinese guys jealous of westerners

Postby zboy1 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:10 am

Avatar1983 wrote:Hey everyone. Here's a good topic. For those of you living in China. You ever find Chinese guys jealous of us?

At the night club:
1. I remember being at a club in MianYang, Sichuan Province. I approached a girl and she was nice. We were dancing together and having a great time. Then a guy comes up to her and no longer is she interested in me. She now ignores me.

Another situation involved my American friend in a club in Chengdu. By now I don't even bother approaching girls at a club. I warned him that if he approached the two girls he saw that a chinese guy will come and interfere. And sure enough that's what happened.

Outside the club:
In Deyang, sichuan province (almost no foreigners live there) I met two girls. They invited me to dinner. I went. We were chatting, laughing, and having a good time. Two guys came up to us and one started talking to me. The other talked to the two girls. Later the 5 of us went to the clothing store the guys worked at. Both girls eventually left. I got all their mobile numbers. But after that night neither girl would ever talk to me again. And one of the guys would respond to my text messages. But only with lukewarm responses to what I said. When I said to him "I decided to leave China. I hate it here". He said "Is it cause you don't have any friends?". I realise now these two guys did what they could to be a barrier between me and these two girls I met.

I realise now many Chinese people actually don't like foreigners. And their friendliness is fake.


Men are the same wherever they are: in other words, they don't like local women cavorting with people outside their race. Look at this way, why do so many White men in America treat Asian men and Black men with hostility when they see us with White women? It's the same thing. And the fact is, White men can be just as hostile to minorities as Asians or Blacks are to Whites.

Asian men are much less likely to cock-block than in the U.S./Canada/Australia or any other Anglo country. If you don't think that's true, why are they so many stories on various Men's forum complaining about the cock-blocking phenomenon in Western countries?
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4440
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:33 am

Postby Rock » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:32 am

If there is any place where you need a whole lot of data points to start figuring patterns out if they exist at all, its probably China. Moreover, things change quickly over time there and individual cities and regions vary tremendously from one another.

I spent some time in Chengdu and Mianyang several years ago. Believe it or not, I actually got some assistance from a local guy who ran a small pub and restaurant along the river in Chengdu and occasionally guided panda tours. I explained to him that I was looking for a tall and classy type of local girl. A few days later, he rang up my cell and told me to get my ass over to his pub pronto. When I arrived, there was a group of 3 girls at a nearby table, one of whom was his friend and another whom he thought I would like. He was right. She was just tall and hot and just 21 too. I gave him green light, he made the introductions, I talked to them for a few minutes, got relevant digits, and followed-up by taking her out on some dates which included intimacy. She eventually ended up back with her local ex though. Anyway, the pub owner was very picky about which girls he allowed into his bar. I saw foreigners try to bring in massage girls or prostitutes in on a couple of occasions and he told them point blank to get those girls out of his place immediately. Yes, mainland Chinese, unlike most other Asians, are often very direct.

As for Mianyang, I visited a Scandanavian friend who was living there. He had met a local girl online and went there directly to stay with her even though he had never been to Asia before. Since he spoke no Chinese and was unfamiliar with Asia, we caled the girl his 'seeing eye dog' as there is no way he could have done much there without her. I found that city to be kinda strange. It was very clean and farily large (population over half million). But there were absolutely no western products in the stores (coke, sprite, cookies, etc.) or foreign fast food chains I could find. And all the hotels including the best one only had squat toilets in the rooms. Anyway, his girl, a cute student, had a long time local boyfriend studying to be a doctor in another city. He eventually moved on but another one of my western friends kept in close touch with her online. She disappeared from cyberspace after the earthquake. We asumed the worst.

More generally speaking, China seems to me to overall be less western friendly than Taiwan. I think PRC guys are mroe likely to codk block white guys and a lower percentage of PRC girls and/or their parents are open to serious relationships with them.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4115
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:16 pm

Postby Avatar1983 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:38 am

Well Rock, it's funny you should mention Taiwan. Because I read that the Taiwanese are so cold towards us anyway. After reading Winston's article (if that's the correct username), I learned that Taiwanese are so stuck up. If anything, Taiwanese are worse than Chinese. You can't just walk up to them and start talking to them like you can in other places like Russia, Philippines, etc etc. If the last article about Taiwan I read was true, Taiwan is the last place a foreigner would go.

As for China, you'll notice that capital cities like Chengdu are better for foreigners. I'm just glad I never got into a fight with a guy. Cause if you win, well there will be 10 or more guys hunting you down later.

Hey. At a club in China, I wonder what would happen if some guy tried to interfere with my interaction with an girl, and I tried really hard to tell him to get lost? I mean if I was in his face as he kept trying to interact with the girl I was with?
Avatar1983
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:33 am

Postby ladislav » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:11 pm

The Philippines is probably the least cock blocking place primarily because foreign men do not pose much competition. There are just so many women here that it is enough for everybody. I have read somewhere that 50 percent of Filipinas do not have a man of any kind. While just about every Filipino guy has a woman. Local guys would even encourage you to find a local woman and be happy to see you with one. Some do get jealous if the girl is Spanish looking but they don't care if the girl is of Malay appearance.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3578
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:30 pm

Postby Rock » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:22 pm

Avatar1983 wrote:Well Rock, it's funny you should mention Taiwan. Because I read that the Taiwanese are so cold towards us anyway. After reading Winston's article (if that's the correct username), I learned that Taiwanese are so stuck up. If anything, Taiwanese are worse than Chinese. You can't just walk up to them and start talking to them like you can in other places like Russia, Philippines, etc etc. If the last article about Taiwan I read was true, Taiwan is the last place a foreigner would go.

As for China, you'll notice that capital cities like Chengdu are better for foreigners. I'm just glad I never got into a fight with a guy. Cause if you win, well there will be 10 or more guys hunting you down later.

Hey. At a club in China, I wonder what would happen if some guy tried to interfere with my interaction with an girl, and I tried really hard to tell him to get lost? I mean if I was in his face as he kept trying to interact with the girl I was with?


Believe what u like. But maybe you should read this thread too: http://www.happierabroad.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7583 . I've been in Taiwan a lot longer than Winston who's mostly stuck out in boonies when he's here anyway. And as white guy, I know from direct experience what its really like. BTW, I just got back from a short trip to Shenzhen, Donguan, and Guanghou. If I compare that to my recent visit in Taichung, I got better treatment from Taiwan strangers than those in China. And Taipei is even better than central Taiwan IMO. If u get too aggressive with local guy at club in China and maybe Taiwan too, big risk that guy will bring in his buddies and jump you. A fair number of gangster types or wannabes frequent those joints.
Last edited by Rock on Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4115
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:16 pm

Postby Rock » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:30 pm

ladislav wrote:The Philippines is probably the least cock blocking place primarily because foreign men do not pose much competition. There are just so many women here that it is enough for everybody. I have read somewhere that 50 percent of Filipinas do not have a man of any kind. While just about every Filipino guy has a woman. Local guys would even encourage you to find a local woman and be happy to see you with one. Some do get jealous if the girl is Spanish looking but they don't care if the girl is of Malay appearance.


Of course that's true if u go for the short, dark, skinny, and ugly types you generally see most white guys with there. Locals probably figure you are doing the country a favor by pairing up with their least popular girls.

But if you for slightly more attractive types, which are pretty rare, you can easily have problems. During my last short visit to Cebu, I got cock blocked twice by local guys. One of them was rather aggressive too. And they were just friends, not boyfriends.

If you go for more attractive gals, I don't think PI is much different from anywhere else in Asia.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4115
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:16 pm

Re: Chinese guys jealous of westerners

Postby Taco » Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:05 pm

Avatar1983 wrote:Hey everyone. Here's a good topic. For those of you living in China. You ever find Chinese guys jealous of us?

I realise now many Chinese people actually don't like foreigners. And their friendliness is fake.


If your dating Chinese women over the age of 30 yrs. the local guys probably won't care that much, especially in Guangzhou and Shenzhen because theres more women than men in those cities.

People in any big city, regardless of the country are not friendly. That said, I found poor people in China to be quite receptive to foreigners.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4240
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:30 pm

Postby chanta76 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:49 am

For the white guys here ...NOW YOU KNOW HOW ASIAN GUYS FEEL IN THE STATES.

I had Asian guy friends approach white girls in mix clubs and get cock block by white guys or even occasion get into fights. I had a Korean American male friend who dated a black girl and pretty much according to him white and black people would harass him and his girl friend just because they are mix. This by the way all happened in NYC which is supposedly the mecca of melting pot.

It's weird but here in NYC the most popular inter-racial couple you see are white guys with Asian girls . White guys have it easier in the dating market than Asian guys. I think only in the Asian clubs in New York City white guys might get cock block by Asian guys.

It's about competition. If there was plenty of girls for everyone than no one will really care but that's not the case.

I think in China with the sex imbalance and if there are more and more expats (white guys) going to China to get hook up or just play the field. There will be a backlash. Sad to say most expats in Asia really don't care about Asia..it's more about what they get out of it. So...just like here in the states you have some Americans complaining that immigrants are stealing everything and creating a back lash. It's going to happen over there too.
chanta76
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1478
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:56 pm

Postby zboy1 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:12 am

chanta76 wrote:For the white guys here ...NOW YOU KNOW HOW ASIAN GUYS FEEL IN THE STATES.

I had Asian guy friends approach white girls in mix clubs and get cock block by white guys or even occasion get into fights. I had a Korean American male friend who dated a black girl and pretty much according to him white and black people would harass him and his girl friend just because they are mix. This by the way all happened in NYC which is supposedly the mecca of melting pot.

It's weird but here in NYC the most popular inter-racial couple you see are white guys with Asian girls . White guys have it easier in the dating market than Asian guys. I think only in the Asian clubs in New York City white guys might get cock block by Asian guys.

It's about competition. If there was plenty of girls for everyone than no one will really care but that's not the case.

I think in China with the sex imbalance and if there are more and more expats (white guys) going to China to get hook up or just play the field. There will be a backlash. Sad to say most expats in Asia really don't care about Asia..it's more about what they get out of it. So...just like here in the states you have some Americans complaining that immigrants are stealing everything and creating a back lash. It's going to happen over there too.


Exactly bro. This Avatar dude doesn't care to see the viewpoint from the other side, only cares about himself. Think about the way the roles are reversed in Anglo countries--with Asian dudes being harassed by whites and blacks alike for dating their women. And Chanta, you're right in that some foreigners just try to take advantage of foreign women without being respectful of their country and culture. I always say, as a foreigner in ANY COUNTRY, you are representing your country and nationality so be mindful of that and act accordingly!
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4440
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:33 am

Postby Avatar1983 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:05 am

zboy1 wrote:Exactly bro. This Avatar dude doesn't care to see the viewpoint from the other side, only cares about himself. Think about the way the roles are reversed in Anglo countries--with Asian dudes being harassed by whites and blacks alike for dating their women. And Chanta, you're right in that some foreigners just try to take advantage of foreign women without being respectful of their country and culture. I always say, as a foreigner in ANY COUNTRY, you are representing your country and nationality so be mindful of that and act accordingly!


Hmmm. Actually I try to take great consideration of their country and culture. In fact when it comes to culture, is there any culture aspect you'd like to explain? Something I missed?

Oh and about me not caring for anyone except myself, tell that to the victims of the Sichuan earthquake which I donated money to. And furthermore, any person who lives anywhere is gonna feel bad when he/she is completely isolated from those around him/her. If you end up in that situation zboy1, I'm gonna expect you not to complain. And just simply accept it.

Regards to representing your country and nationality and being mindful and acting accordingly? Hmmm. I've been trying to act with the highest respect to locals. When I had people invite me out to dinner, I research on the internet what to do and what not to do. For instance, never put chopsticks in a rice bowl with the end sticking straight up into the air. A person like me who tries to be culturally sensitive can't be accused of caring about nobody but himself.

Need I say more?
Avatar1983
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:33 am

Postby Avatar1983 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:09 am

zboy1 wrote:Exactly bro. This Avatar dude doesn't care to see the viewpoint from the other side
I don't care to see the viewpoint from the other side? Why do you think I'm here? I assumed that maybe someone else on here might understand and help me to learn what the other viewpoint is.
Avatar1983
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:33 am

Postby ladislav » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:02 am

One very obvious fact has been left out. Most white guys in Asia are foreigners and are called " foreigners". Most Asian guys in the US are Americans. So, one can understand trying to protect your women from foreigners vs. protecting your women from fellow Americans which is grossly unfair.
I guess being an American really does not mean a thing in the USA.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3578
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:30 pm

Next

Return to Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests