Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Chinese guys jealous of westerners

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby zboy1 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:19 am

Avatar1983 wrote:
zboy1 wrote:Exactly bro. This Avatar dude doesn't care to see the viewpoint from the other side, only cares about himself. Think about the way the roles are reversed in Anglo countries--with Asian dudes being harassed by whites and blacks alike for dating their women. And Chanta, you're right in that some foreigners just try to take advantage of foreign women without being respectful of their country and culture. I always say, as a foreigner in ANY COUNTRY, you are representing your country and nationality so be mindful of that and act accordingly!


Hmmm. Actually I try to take great consideration of their country and culture. In fact when it comes to culture, is there any culture aspect you'd like to explain? Something I missed?

Oh and about me not caring for anyone except myself, tell that to the victims of the Sichuan earthquake which I donated money to. And furthermore, any person who lives anywhere is gonna feel bad when he/she is completely isolated from those around him/her. If you end up in that situation zboy1, I'm gonna expect you not to complain. And just simply accept it.

Regards to representing your country and nationality and being mindful and acting accordingly? Hmmm. I've been trying to act with the highest respect to locals. When I had people invite me out to dinner, I research on the internet what to do and what not to do. For instance, never put chopsticks in a rice bowl with the end sticking straight up into the air. A person like me who tries to be culturally sensitive can't be accused of caring about nobody but himself.

Need I say more?


No, I didn't mean you when referring to disrespectful foreigners. I'm talking about some of the type of foreigners you find in foreign countries. I'm sure you've seen your share of disrespectful foreigners act like total idiots in
China.

Sorry, sometimes, I just carried away with my emotions because of the type of treatment I receive in the USA. It's not easy being an Asian man in Anglo countries. I'm just saying, I get upset--even with my white friends--when they complain about the mistreatment they receive while overseas by non-whites, yet, they don't realize that's exactly how minorities get treated by whites in the US. The surprising thing is, with a lot of whites that I talk to, they get really surprised when I tell them all the crap that I received just for being an Asian man in America. Some whites that I've talked too even believe racism is non-existent and only exists in the minds of some people.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4445
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:33 am







Postby Avatar1983 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:34 am

ladislav wrote:One very obvious fact has been left out. Most white guys in Asia are foreigners and are called " foreigners". Most Asian guys in the US are Americans. So, one can understand trying to protect your women from foreigners vs. protecting your women from fellow Americans which is grossly unfair.
I guess being an American really does not mean a thing in the USA.
Protect their woman from what? The only real difference is the skin color anyway. Human is human. Besides when I see an asian guy with a white girl, it doesn't bother me. It also doesn't make sense to protect a girl from a foreigner because some foreigners in china are respectful people. In fact some of the foreigners have better life skills than many chinese guys. Don't get me wrong. Some chinese guys are very smart.

Here's a thought. If a chinese girl had a choice between:
A: a well mannered westerner or...
B: an alcohol addicted violent chinese guy

Is it really understandable that chinese would protect a chinese girl from a foreigner even if it meant the only chinese guy available to her was an abusive alcoholic?

If the foreigner is an abusive person who just sleeps around, yes I agree to keep her away from the foreigner.
Avatar1983
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:33 am

Postby Repatriate » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:56 am

ladislav wrote:One very obvious fact has been left out. Most white guys in Asia are foreigners and are called " foreigners". Most Asian guys in the US are Americans. So, one can understand trying to protect your women from foreigners vs. protecting your women from fellow Americans which is grossly unfair.
I guess being an American really does not mean a thing in the USA.


Ladislav if you think Asian-americans in the U.S. are thought of as Americans all the time you are absolutely wrong. Asians are considered foreigners in America more often than not by white AND black Americans.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2533
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:39 pm

Postby Avatar1983 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:01 am

zboy1 wrote:No, I didn't mean you when referring to disrespectful foreigners. I'm talking about some of the type of foreigners you find in foreign countries. I'm sure you've seen your share of disrespectful foreigners act like total idiots in
China.

Sorry, sometimes, I just carried away with my emotions because of the type of treatment I receive in the USA. It's not easy being an Asian man in Anglo countries. I'm just saying, I get upset--even with my white friends--when they complain about the mistreatment they receive while overseas by non-whites, yet, they don't realize that's exactly how minorities get treated by whites in the US. The surprising thing is, with a lot of whites that I talk to, they get really surprised when I tell them all the crap that I received just for being an Asian man in America. Some whites that I've talked too even believe racism is non-existent and only exists in the minds of some people.
If you got discriminated against for being different than everyone else, I understand your feelings. And actually I can't hold anything against you.

I was always aware that persecution against ethnic minorities. And I don't like that either. I do think about what it must be like for some of them.
Avatar1983
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:33 am

Postby ladislav » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:56 pm

Repatriate wrote:
ladislav wrote:One very obvious fact has been left out. Most white guys in Asia are foreigners and are called " foreigners". Most Asian guys in the US are Americans. So, one can understand trying to protect your women from foreigners vs. protecting your women from fellow Americans which is grossly unfair.
I guess being an American really does not mean a thing in the USA.


Ladislav if you think Asian-americans in the U.S. are thought of as Americans all the time you are absolutely wrong. Asians are considered foreigners in America more often than not by white AND black Americans.


Well, I understand your point, but that is not what I was saying. Asian Americans are being treated unfairly because legally they are Americans and no one can take it away from them. As far as them being considered foreigners- how often do you get called a" foreigner" in the USA? As in look son, here comes a" foreigner"! Because in Asia that is how they call white people. I understand the racial epithets the whites and blacks use every day, but do they say "foreigner" to you and about you every day? In the US? I imagine they would say- "there is an Asian guy at the door", or "there is an Oriental guy there", but do they say foreigner? I am just curious.
In Asia 99.99% of white people are non citizens and were not born there. That is why I can understand why the locals may feel that the foreigners are taking away their women. Because in some ways, it is true.
Now, in the USA, the whites and blacks considering Asian American foreigners is an opinion. It is a wrong one. I understand that it is a cold comfort for you, but I hope you get my point. Many white racists tell blacks to go back to Africa, too, but it is, again, lunacy. And many American Indians still think that whites should go back to Europe and Mexican Americans were saying during last protests that the whites should go back to Boston, but again, these are opinions. Wrong ones, bad ones but still opinions.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3578
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:30 pm

Previous

Return to Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests