ATTENTION: The Forum will be upgraded today to phpbb 3.2 and may be down for an hour or two. We appreciate your patience. Thanks.

Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

I just spent 2 days in Vietnam.

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

I just spent 2 days in Vietnam.

Postby Repatriate » March 12th, 2012, 5:58 am

Just a short and sweet trip report.

I just spent 2 days in Ho Chi Minh City aka Saigon to get a new Thai visa. I thought out of all the SE Asian countries i've been to this was definitely the most compelling one for asian-americans or western expats in general to find women. I can totally see why Taiwanese men marry so many Vietnamese women now. They tend to carry themselves very well and many of them have the traits that Taiwanese/Chinese men find beautiful in asian women. They are generally petite, many have cute faces, and seem much smarter than their other SEA counterparts.

At the hotel I was staying at there were two receptionists there that had absolutely lovely personalities. Very chatty and helpful as in genuinely happy/nice and not fake nice like Thais often come across as being the majority of the time. Plus I chatted up quite a few Vietnamese people when I was around town and they were definitely a much sharper bunch. They seemed more worldly and also had better english.

I knew a lot of Vietnamese people in CA and they were generally high achievers like TW or Chinese people. I see a lot of good things for Vietnam's future.

The city itself is undergoing some interesting development. There are a lot of nice restaurants, bohemian hangouts, with a very good vibe. The quality of restaurants that I saw was pretty decent too. I ate at a lot of random places and didn't have a single bad meal. Price for food and accommodation was generally lower than Thailand, Laos, and Cambodia too and better quality.

Plus HCM city has something that I haven't seen in very many SE Asian cities..they actually did some good urban planning and planted a lot of trees and greenery around the city so it doesn't look dull and drab like so many cities in Thailand or Cambodia.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Check out our Dating Sites and International Romance Tours!

Return to Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand