Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.



View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


20 Reasons to Dislike the Philippines

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

20 Reasons to Dislike the Philippines

Postby Dogboy86 » March 14th, 2012, 1:40 pm

20 reasons this guy dislikes the Philippines...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3Er9sdj9aY[/youtube]
"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity"!!!
Dogboy86
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 304
Joined: August 27th, 2011, 7:09 pm
Location: Safford, Az.




Check out our Dating Sites and HA International Romance Tours!



Postby Winston » March 14th, 2012, 2:02 pm

It's true. The only good thing in the philippines are the sexy sweet friendly girls and nice people. Other than that, everything else is negative. NOTHING is of good quality by first world standards. The weather is way too hot and humid, leading to health problems for sensitive people like me. The food is the WORST in Asia, which all foreigners concur with. The air is polluted and toxic, and for a third world country, things are overpriced and too expensive, making it a ripoff country. Overall, too many negatives.
Check out my video series Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Also see my HA Grand Ebook and Join Our Dating Sites to support us!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 24796
Joined: August 18th, 2007, 2:16 pm

Postby Seeker » March 14th, 2012, 2:28 pm

Lol the pinoys are going nuts on YT right now! Damn that dude is gonna be in some serious shit now. He's gonna get hunted down.
Seeker
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 275
Joined: December 24th, 2010, 9:46 pm

Postby Banano » March 14th, 2012, 3:51 pm

I was always wondering why there are so many useless security guards, they are everywhere and they dnt look like they cld secure jack shit, also in department stores too many useless staff.
The best looking chicks are ladyboys, spot on.
Many chicks have short legs, hate that
Banano
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2012
Joined: June 11th, 2011, 9:26 am

Postby Repatriate » March 14th, 2012, 6:12 pm

The youtube comments are a gasp. Filipinos can really be truly delusional about their culture and country. They keep asking him why he's there if it sucks so much..duh, why do young western men go to the Philippines? It doesn't take a brain trust to figure that out.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2533
Joined: June 15th, 2008, 7:39 pm

Postby emh » March 14th, 2012, 9:13 pm

Banano wrote:I was always wondering why there are so many useless security guards, they are everywhere and they dnt look like they cld secure jack shit, also in department stores too many useless staff.
The best looking chicks are ladyboys, spot on.
Many chicks have short legs, hate that


I had to laugh about your comment re: too many staff in the department stores. About 3 years ago, I was living in Davao and went to the mall to buy some underwear. There were literally 4 or 5 women working in the men's underwear department. Seriously. I mean, wtf? Who needs help buying underwear. And wouldn't one person be sufficient???
emh
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 93
Joined: February 5th, 2012, 3:33 pm

Postby davewe » March 14th, 2012, 10:34 pm

"No toilet paper! How the fvck can anyone wipe their ass?"

How 'bout using that POS hat you're wearing?

But seriously, my view on the Philippines has done a complete 180. I'm returning to the place in April and I'm sure I will once again find it to be a total train wreck. Really the place is a joke and the women hideous. PH_Visitor was right on! In fact, we should help this video go viral. Please everyone link this to FB or wherever you hang out on the net.

And let's all start weekly threads about how horrible the place is. No one in their right mind should go anywhere is Asia, most particularly PI.

And what would be the consequences of such a campaign? When I travel I'd have to encounter one less douchebag wearing aviator shades and a tshirt of a kid flipping the bird. Yeah, I'm sure as hell gonna miss that.

For me the worst part of International traveling is not the different or substandard food, not the lousy bathrooms (which aren't unique to PI) or the weird cultural differences or the fact that people don't speak English (or don't speak it properly, like us Americans), or the trash, or pollution, overcrowding and lousy drivers.

The worst part is the fvcking Western travelers and expats - loud, obnoxious and always complaining.

Really guys, how would you like a foreigner filming in front of your house or place of work, complaining about how shitty it is? Wouldn't you want to kick his foreigner ass right the hell out? He wouldn't last 5 minutes in most US cities. But in PI people politely smile and ignore him - or touch his dick!! Hysterical!

OK, clearly I'm in a cranky mood! I'll be in Cebu in less than 3 weeks. If you see me there and you're wearing aviator shades and a tshirt flipping the bird - feel free to not say hello - particularly if you've been wiping your ass with your hat :)
davewe
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1431
Joined: July 27th, 2011, 3:21 am

unsuspecting tourist

Postby targetguy » March 15th, 2012, 4:18 am

8) One thing not mentioned here is attempted robbery and credit card theft. I had a hotel clerk ask for my credit card numbers and sure enough the vacation ended up being canced there were many charges on the card from nowhere and the card had to be canceled. Also while walking alone early after the viagra salesman then out of nowhere 2 other people arrive and the 3rd tries to steal the wallet i literally had to fight them off and go to safety. Never be alone where noone is near because that is a invitation for a robbery to the nearest beggar robber gang. Sometimes martial law and strict law may help in a place like this. target guy
no scammers
targetguy
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 172
Joined: April 16th, 2011, 5:56 pm
Location: usa

Postby Raja » March 15th, 2012, 4:30 am

emh wrote:
Banano wrote:I was always wondering why there are so many useless security guards, they are everywhere and they dnt look like they cld secure jack shit, also in department stores too many useless staff.
The best looking chicks are ladyboys, spot on.
Many chicks have short legs, hate that


I had to laugh about your comment re: too many staff in the department stores. About 3 years ago, I was living in Davao and went to the mall to buy some underwear. There were literally 4 or 5 women working in the men's underwear department. Seriously. I mean, wtf? Who needs help buying underwear. And wouldn't one person be sufficient???

Its like the old Soviet joke. "we pretend to work and they pretend to pay us". In this case at six months the mall staff is replace with the next batch. Just consider it a politically acceptable way to spread a little, a very little wealth around.
Raja
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 316
Joined: July 22nd, 2008, 1:53 pm

Postby Hapenstance » March 15th, 2012, 5:32 am

Filipinos are too defensive about the reality of their country. Can't speak the truth w/o getting attacked.
Hapenstance
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 3
Joined: March 15th, 2012, 5:27 am

Postby zboy1 » March 15th, 2012, 6:49 am

Hapenstance wrote:Filipinos are too defensive about the reality of their country. Can't speak the truth w/o getting attacked.


Yes, I agree. In reality the Philippines is a joke. How is it that 60 years ago, the country was the 2nd richest nation in Asia after Japan, and now its falling behind other fast-growing countries in Asia like Vietnam, China, Indonesia, India, etc.. Filipinos are way too prideful to realize what's going on and so, the country will continue to be mired in corruption and economic stagnation, and continue to decline in comparison to other countries in the region.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4561
Joined: October 4th, 2007, 5:33 am

Postby Repatriate » March 15th, 2012, 7:21 am

zboy1 wrote:
Hapenstance wrote:Filipinos are too defensive about the reality of their country. Can't speak the truth w/o getting attacked.


Yes, I agree. In reality the Philippines is a joke. How is it that 60 years ago, the country was the 2nd richest nation in Asia after Japan, and now its falling behind other fast-growing countries in Asia like Vietnam, China, Indonesia, India, etc.. Filipinos are way too prideful to realize what's going on and so, the country will continue to be mired in corruption and economic stagnation, and continue to decline in comparison to other countries in the region.



Most Filipinos are not rational when it comes to the state of their culture or country. The population is in total denial or they don't have the intelligence to do anything about it. SEA culture really dumbs down the population more than anything. The Philippines is as bad as Thailand in this regard but the P.I. are probably quite a bit worse since their oligarchs and politicians are even more corrupt and less accountable for screwing over the population.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2533
Joined: June 15th, 2008, 7:39 pm

Postby Winston » March 17th, 2012, 10:37 am

For some reason, that video was taken down. I guess the uploader received too many threats or something. lol

But odbo showed me another version of it here. I'll use it to replace the one embedded in the OP.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3Er9sdj9aY[/youtube]
Check out my video series Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Also see my HA Grand Ebook and Join Our Dating Sites to support us!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 24796
Joined: August 18th, 2007, 2:16 pm

Postby sushiman » March 17th, 2012, 11:43 am

My crappy ass Philippines wifi is too slow to play it but looking forward to it when I get back to civilization.
sushiman
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 324
Joined: March 21st, 2011, 6:56 pm
Location: Seoul

Postby Raja » March 17th, 2012, 2:33 pm

Winston wrote:For some reason, that video was taken down. I guess the uploader received too many threats or something. lol


When it went viral the copyright owner had it removed to try to bump up a new YouTube alternative channelfix.com
Raja
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 316
Joined: July 22nd, 2008, 1:53 pm

Next

Return to Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests