Upgrading Your Filipina?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Upgrading Your Filipina?

Post by Taco »

If you live in the Philippines and you have women throwing themselves at you all the time it won't take long before you start thinking about ungrading your Filipina. Almost every Filipina I've talked to has been dumped by their boyfriends at some point. However, I think its a waste to throw away a perfectly good Filipina. Here's where it gets weird, the Filipinas that try to convince you your current girlfriend is inferior so they can date you. Has anyone experienced this?
Last edited by Taco on April 19th, 2012, 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Upgrading Your Filipina?

Post by Jester »

Taco wrote: If you live in the Philippines and you have women throwing themselves at you all the time
:P :P :P :P
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

Taco wrote:If you live in the Philippines and you have women throwing themselves at you all the time it won't take long before you start thinking about ungrading your Filipina. Almost every Filipina I've talked to has been dumped by their boyfriends at some point. However, I think its a waste to throw away a perfectly good Filipina. Here's where it gets weird, is all the Filipinas that try to convince you your current girlfriend is inferior so they can date you. Has anyone experienced this?

Not more than about once a week. "Upgrade" or get a sideline...is pretty much the sales pitch...or just want you to bang them to give them a "white baby"...
it can be a lot of treachery going on....

Outwest
Mindanao, Philippines
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

OutWest wrote:
Taco wrote:If you live in the Philippines and you have women throwing themselves at you all the time it won't take long before you start thinking about ungrading your Filipina. Almost every Filipina I've talked to has been dumped by their boyfriends at some point. However, I think its a waste to throw away a perfectly good Filipina. Here's where it gets weird, is all the Filipinas that try to convince you your current girlfriend is inferior so they can date you. Has anyone experienced this?

Not more than about once a week. "Upgrade" or get a sideline...is pretty much the sales pitch...or just want you to bang them to give them a "white baby"...

Outwest
Mindanao, Philippines
Treachery is the right word, based on my small experience. My gf was sent in an email a combination of FB chats I was allegedly involved with. Bits and pieces of chats were cobbled together out of context to make me look bad. I am sure I know who the anonymous sender is; a girl who liked me (and I liked as well) and would try to be friends, asking me how it was going with my girl. I had a lot of 'splain to do to calm my gf down and restore her confidence.

The experience of having one cute 23 year old try to wrestle me away from another cute 23 year old is something I never expected to have happen at this point in my life. I doubt I'll get the upgrade bug, but I can understand how it happens, and more critically how even beautiful Filipinas are constantly worried that their man will leave them.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

OutWest wrote: Not more than about once a week. "Upgrade" or get a sideline...is pretty much the sales pitch...or just want you to bang them to give them a "white baby"...

Outwest
Mindanao, Philippines
MindannnnnAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOO! :D :D :D :D :D
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

davewe wrote: The experience of having one cute 23 year old try to wrestle me away from another cute 23 year old is something I never expected to have happen at this point in my life.
This is what I call a "high-quality problem."
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

This thread is so ENCOURAGING! Like crawling through the desert and suddenly hearing the sound of gurgling and splashing!!
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

OutWest wrote:

Outwest
Mindanao, Philippines
I'm glad you mentioned that. In the last week I've had two different Filipinas tell me they want to bear my children, I'm not sure if they care about me though which is a little unnerving. Sometimes, I get the impression they'll marry almost anyone.

My Criteria For Finding A Good Filipina

1. She comes from Southern Philippines
2. Her parents are not divorced or separated
3. She's a virgin
4. She doesn't drink or smoke

Let me know if there's anything else I should add to my list. Thanks.
lookin4happiness
Freshman Poster

Post by lookin4happiness »

I dont think whether someone's parents are divorced or separated is a good criteria for finding a wife... Why do you think this? If anything someone who's parents are divorced or separated would know the pain it is and would not want to go through it themselves.. at least a smart person would.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

lookin4happiness wrote:I dont think whether someone's parents are divorced or separated is a good criteria for finding a wife... Why do you think this? If anything someone who's parents are divorced or separated would know the pain it is and would not want to go through it themselves.. at least a smart person would.
I used to think that divorced didn't impact women, but it does. They tend to have "daddy issues" but not always.

A Woman's Perspective on Daddy Issues
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsAWX6DumwQ
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

Taco wrote:
OutWest wrote:

Outwest
Mindanao, Philippines
I'm glad you mentioned that. In the last week I've had two different Filipinas tell me they want to bear my children, I'm not sure if they care about me though which is a little unnerving. Sometimes, I get the impression they'll marry almost anyone.

My Criteria For Finding A Good Filipina

3. She's a virgin

Let me know if there's anything else I should add to my list. Thanks.
Of course in the Philippines you don't mean divorced, since there is no divorce. Separation for sure and occasionally annullment.

For me virgin was not a goal, though I chatted with girls who claimed they were virgins. No kids though was a definite goal. And college education was more important for me.
provocateur
Freshman Poster

Post by provocateur »

Jester wrote:
OutWest wrote: Not more than about once a week. "Upgrade" or get a sideline...is pretty much the sales pitch...or just want you to bang them to give them a "white baby"...

Outwest
Mindanao, Philippines
Jester what about Mindinao compared to the other areas of the Philippines? Seems there is as story behind that. Do tell!
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

provocateur wrote:
Jester wrote:

Outwest
Mindanao, Philippines
Jester what about Mindinao compared to the other areas of the Philippines? Seems there is as story behind that. Do tell!
Mindanao women are considered by many to be the least spoiled and thus make the best girlfriends and wives. However, women from the visayas(Cebu, Negros, Bohol, Leyte and Illoilo) are often just as good in my opinion.
Last edited by Taco on April 19th, 2012, 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

> I used to think that divorced didn't impact women, but it does. They tend to have "daddy issues" but not always.

Ha ha ha, women will almost always have daddy issues if daddy walked out on mom. I chatted to a Chinese Love Links girl whose mom was a single parent (dad walked out because he wanted a son - how tragic!). Well needless to say the missy I was talking to had some serious daddy issues.

Really international dating isn't much different to dating back in your own country.

As to clingy/crafty manipulative women, well I'm starting to learn that a wealthy white man is a very big catch in much of Asia. My tiny man brain can't cope with all the female tricks being thrown at me.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Taco wrote:
In the last week I've had two different Filipinas tell me they want to bear my children, I'm not sure if they care about me though which is a little unnerving. Sometimes, I get the impression they'll marry almost anyone.
Being used as a breeding stud may be unnerving, but it does sound like they're impressed with you. If they're trying to choose a good man, and commit to him, and only fall in love after being committed and "becoming one flesh", that's a good thing, isn't it? It means the marriage is not based on moods or feelings, which change. More old-school.
Taco wrote: My Criteria For Finding A Good Filipina

3. She's a virgin
Strongly agree with this list. (In other countries a very light social drinker would be okay.)

The parents thing is something I now require. I don't see it as a daddy issue, I see it as her mother being a role model for backtalk, lack of submission, and financial independence. None of which I would want in a wife.