Welcome to our new upgraded phpbb 3.2 forum! The upgrade is now complete. See announcement and new features here, or report any problems or issues here. Thanks for your patience.
Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.
View Active Topics View Your Posts Latest 100 Topics FAQ Topics
Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
This will vary from country to country without doubt. The more developed the country, the more difficult this task becomes. But if you have conservative good looks, have any game at all, and you're able to spend some time there instead of a two week vacation then yes, it would be like shooting fish in a barrell.
Moderate: Vietnam, China, Taiwan, Korea, Taiwan, Japan
Difficult: Thailand (perceived sex tourist issue), Singapore (unless you have a big corporate salary).
Even the most difficult countries would be 2-3x easier than finding women in the USA. Why? Opposites attract and high population density in Asia (more women = more opportunities).
Since observing Dragonboy last week in Taipei and central/southern Taiwan and my tenant over last month, I've gotten some fresh datapoints to consider.
1. I still believe that Taiwan is overall a lot easier for western guys than S. Korea and Japan whch really are not easy at all except perhaps for certain special types of guys. HK has changed so much that I'm not sure what it's like there anymore. And I just don't have enough experience in SP to have a feeling or opinion.
2. As far as foreigenrs are concered, there's a more to success than looks and even age. For example, Monkro, my tenant, appears 20 something, dresses well, and looks pretty good, especially after getting his haircut. But while he's dated a lot of girls, he has yet to get full-on intimacy with any of them. It seems he often gets friendzoned after a date or two. OTH, Dragonboy recently visited just a couple weeks both to and from SE Asia. He's way past the 35 year age cut-off I sometmes refer to and has dressed overly causual, even to the point of being sloppy sometimes. Yet he ended-up getting intimate with 4 Taiwan girls - 2 in Taipei and 2 in Taichung. 3 out of 4 were girls he had never met until this trip, 2 were late 20s, and the other 2 mid to late 30s. None were total knock-outs but I thought 2 of them were pretty attractive and would be popular with a lot of other guys including Winston I believe.
Some of the most successful foreign guys I've known here (attracting and connecting with an abundance of young and attracitve or better local females) have had no apparent redeeming features good or bad besides being relatively young. They just appeared to fall in the middle of the pack. From observing Dragonboy, who has a lot of past experience in Taiwan, I was reminded how important it is to be able to connect with girls emotionally at some level and work from that. Some would refer to that as seduction skills. In that department, Monkro seems to still be quite weak. But he's working his way up the learning curve.
3. Dating a foreigner is just no longer a big deal in Taipei. It seems to be socially acceptable for the majority. I really don't sense any stigma or that its even very special for a large percentage of the city people other than a language issue for those with weaker English skills. Having said that, there are certain types of girls who primarily gravitate towards foreigners and/or ABCs for various reasons. In other parts of Taiwan, it still seems to be more of an issue and foreigners get treated more differently. In those environs, you may find girls who refuse to date you due to your foreigness and others who are very easy to get for the very same reason.
4. In the case of ABCs, perhaps they are held to higher standards in some ways than other foreigners. Even in my own mind, I think of them as ultra preppy, at the cutting edge of fashion, being hip, preppiness, high educational and/or job credentials, etc. So those who fall way out of those boxes may have a much tougher time not being ABC enough. Perhaps its kinda like blacks who don't act or look black enough not being appealing to girls who go for that specific type.
5. Its true that a lot of white guys choose girls who most including myself would consider unattractive. I've noticed that oftentimes, the girls who catch the eyes of white guys around me are virtually invisible to me. But, that's not to say they can't do better or that there are not a lot of exceptions. A couple weeks ago, I visited Luxy which is popluar both with locals and the below 30 international crowd. The most stunning girl in the place (IMO) was with a foreigner and two other very hot ones were with foreign guys as well.
6. Is China easier than Taiwan for the westerner? For me, it so far has not been. I thing educated city girls in Taiwan are going to be much lower risk for relationship seekers than their counterparts in China. What I mean is that it is generally easier for the Taiwan girls to adapt to our traditional concept of western style middle class values as they tend to be much closer to it by default and also a lot more exposed to American culture. Chinese girls are notorious for henpecking and controlling their bfs or husbands. But I think the risk of this is also signficantly lower with Taiwan women. Now if you are an older guy or have less to offer, then you probably stand a signficantly better chance in China as you may have decent prospects of attracting girls from the large poorer classes which don't muc exist in Taiwan.
7. I still believe both Chinese and Taiwanese are often not that picky about a guy's looks. Sure you will get a lot more initial attention as a very good looking guy. And a subset of girls will jump into bed with you if you are a decent enough looking younger foreigner as was the case with my French tenant. But I've seen plenty of cases where very average types of guys won the hearts of much better looking girls.
8. I think some of the reasons Taiwan does not work for Winston is that he is neither a westerner nor stereotypical ABC (Point 4 above). He seeks eye contact from young Taiwanese girls who are generally introverted and have no reason to look at a guy like him - a local clearly not from their world. Foreigners sometimes get eye contact from girls just out of curiosity, especially in the center and south of Tawiwan. But that really does not mean much other than a small opportunity to exchange a bit of small talk. The majority of girls I succeeded in getting to know through cold approaches, including my last gf, barely even noticed my presence if at all before I spoke up. There was no eye contact. I just came at them from left field. Same for Monkro. Some other foreigners prefer to establish some eye contact first. It's a personal style choice. Either way can work sometimes and depends a lot on many other factors.
Hahaha! No. That is not even remotely true. I should know, I lived in China for 2 and a half years. I think that on average, getting women in China is pretty hard. I had almost no luck there, but then again I am in my 30s and not very good looking.
The answer to the original question is NO, "any" white guy can't get casual sex in China. Only the very outgoing, very good looking, tall, young (20s), white guys have it easy getting women for casual sex, but then again they have an easy time getting casual sex anywhere.
I'll post my experience in China a little later.
If they're willing to pay, yes. Freebies, no.
I've only been to China 3 times as visitor/business trip, so I can only speak from my limited experiences. Even in large major hotels, special services are avail if you ask the right person.
White guys can get girls easier than Asian guys in anywhere on earth. Even on Asian guy's territory Asia, they are still owning Asian guys on dating game. It's a cruel truth I have to accept.
When every time I take bus or train, this happens over and over again. If there's a white guy on the bus and the seat next to him next is vacant, there's always a girl willing to sit beside him. But when the seat next to a local guy is empty, no girls want to sit beside him even if there's no other vacant seats out there!
This is a depressing truth we Asian guys have to accept. Don't hate the player, hate the game!
Last edited by Naoki on September 26th, 2012, 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
That sounds like a limiting belief. I think there are HA destinations for all races and types. This has been discussed before on the forum too.
Two countries which come to mind as being especially friendly to Asian (I'm assuming you mean NE Asian in this case) guys are Thailand and China. In both countries, you see plenty of amazing stunners on the arms of NE Asian looking guys. But, a fair percentage of them prefer not to date white guys.
And I reckon there's more cache to being a certain type of black guy than white guy in various areas on the planet. If I was a black American, I'd probably be living it up in a country like Germany, lol.
No, I'm not saying there's no HA destination for Asian guys. I mean even in Asian guys' HA destination, we still have no match for white guys. As for China, I have been to shanghai before(out of business), I saw a Chinese woman picking up a white guy on street with accent. As for Thailand, no need to say.
in hong kong, taiwan, and macau, women, and men are trained to worship things western from the time they are children. the rest of China will be different, although things are getting worse. i think in every country, you will have a bunch of people who love all things foreign. they watch hollywood films, and visit western websites. those are usually your sluts.
It's like Winston trolls his own website.
Add Dominican Republic and Cuba to this list