What do you think about Malaysian women?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

nupter wrote: yes Malaysia dont allow Muslim apostasy,once u are born in a Muslim family u are forever a Muslim like what i said before, if u want to change u got to run out of this country,this law is made by the corrupt government.

1. What does Article 160 of the Malaysian Federation's Constitution say?

2. I would not date a Muslim women in Malaysia.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Honestly, islam is probably the worst and most incompatible religion with asian culture. It's taking a conformist asian culture and turning it into a religiously conformist culture.
nupter
Freshman Poster

Post by nupter »

momopi wrote:
nupter wrote: yes Malaysia dont allow Muslim apostasy,once u are born in a Muslim family u are forever a Muslim like what i said before, if u want to change u got to run out of this country,this law is made by the corrupt government.

1. What does Article 160 of the Malaysian Federation's Constitution say?

2. I would not date a Muslim women in Malaysia.
i know what does it say,but it does not prove it to be a muslim country,go ask everyone in malaysia what they think of msia,u will get your answers,same as mine,it is a multi-ethnic country.why are u pple hating muslims?they are friendly people,i grew up with them,they are not terrorist.u live in US too long,get too much influence from american politics,go ask malaysians in malaysia about malays see what they say bout them,the article 160 is made by the old government,and been used for 54 years,power corrupts.if u read my previous post,i have been saying alot of young people already dont believe in those things,as the old gov only use it for their own good and make empty promises.there is also nothing wrong with dating muslims,if there is something wrong with dating someone who has a different religion then u are only being a hypocrite.its like you want to get out of US to find someone u will appreciate you but u avoid someone who has a religion that does not allow u to change it? what are you looking for? love or religion,as i said if both of u dont agree with the religon run away from the country,it solves everything.a bumiputera is someone who origintate from there,or we call them orang asli which is marginalised.most of them are muslims some of them are christians.bumiputera has special priveledge,but this is misused by the government for their own good.who made malays dumbed for all these years.only a few years back that they started to realise its time to wake up,and throw away that walking stick to stand on their own feet,its been half a century but the many malays are still poor,meaning the constituition is not effective.even malays now are voting for the opposition who offers fair policies and equality for all.but these are not written in any newspaper or books,its only seen or felt and written in malaysian.online news portal..wikipedia is wrong about it if u checked that site.the numbers are in my georaphic textbook from high school.and not being a bumiputera does not mean you are not a malaysian.bumiputera is a malay word. bumi means earth putera :prince or originate.a chinese or indian tells a bumiputera that he or she is a malaysian or this is a multi ethnic country wont get beaten up or ignored,but will get agreements.one more thing,constituition has since changed after so many years,what wiki is showing may not be correct.im an atheist,i respect all religion and try to understand their religion.you have to respect a religion no matter how much harm someone of that religion has done,because its not the religions fault ,its the persons fault.and there are also liberated malay girls all over big cities,so why limit yourself to other religions? ive seen very pretty malays in my life and they also dont like many policies made by the government about the religion.only in msia that once ur a muslims u will always be one,in other country its different.even china has muslims but they can change religion.
Last edited by nupter on May 7th, 2012, 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Repatriate wrote:Honestly, islam is probably the worst and most incompatible religion with asian culture. It's taking a conformist asian culture and turning it into a religiously conformist culture.
I disagree Repatriate. I wish more Asians were embracing of Islamic traditions such as social conservatism, anti-materialism, and patriarchy. Islamic women don't go around whoring themselves the way Asian women do. The men are always respected and treated as caregivers by the women and are always considered the head of society. Materialism and worldliness is attacked as decadent in the Islamic religion, whereas in Asian societies, it's actively embraced. And look at the way westernization is resented and actively discouraged in many Islamic countries. I wish Asian countries did the same, tbh.
livefreeordie
Freshman Poster

Re: What do you think about Malaysian women?

Post by livefreeordie »

This got my interest on a recent flight from Philippines using air Asia, there were some stunners on that flight and I felt a bit of chemistry with the stewardess from Malaysia. She had long dark hair and these amazing green eyes with high cheekbones. You could sense her natural demure and submissive nature which made her only more feminine, even though stewardesses in general have a cold efficiency to them.

I recommend air Asia not just for their cheaper flights, but they a nice range of exotic beauties which you can compare and see what you like most. On my flight there was an attractive filipina and some Malays, all very beautiful even if they wore quite heavy makeup, not sure how you could pick them up when they are always so busy, but with the chit chat and flirting I sensed an opening even though I had a cold/flu

[youtube]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_0yteRSDhFE[/youtube]

Any feedback on actually meeting and dating these women,? or will this become an of topic rant about corruption and politics lol

What about Indonesian women? One of the world's most populated countries, lots of beautiful nature, cheap cost of living etc and a cheap flight to Australia, thoughts?
Last edited by livefreeordie on August 7th, 2016, 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

I was in Malaysia, and still have friends in Malaysia. It's a bit of a complicated place with race, language, religion rather mixed up.

As said already in this thread some years ago, the only people really open for international marriage are the Chinese population now, however they are very business-like and often greedy and aggressive, this is what they learnt from UK colony time.

Indian people are very reclusive, do not expect any friendly welcome if you approach them.

The largest part of the population is Malay who are Muslim. When I was living in Malaysia, these Islamic people were very open to foreign men, but were insisting to convert me to Muslim first and yes, they introduced various nice Muslim women to me who were interested in a long-term relationship. Not all of them were from rural areas, and some were good educated.

I am not a Muslim however, will never be one, also I was very young, not enough financial resources, and Malaysia is not so cheap if you consider to live there. - I moved on to Japan in 1976.

Now however Islam in Malaysia is not so open and kind to foreigners for a personal relationship as in the past, I also intended to retire in Southern Thailand near to Malaysian border, but it became too dangerous for me and my family. Now I am rarely in Malaysia, as we travel only to our second home in Pattaya near Bangkok.

Malay women are very nice and beautiful and faithful, but looks are changing to the worst when getting older, similar to Filipinas. The problem is Islam - you will hardly find a Malay woman if you are not a Muslim.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

I've never been to Malaysia. I've spent a number of years in Indonesia, though. They have some of the same people-groups in both countries. Indonesia probably has a much smaller percentage of India. There is a multi-generational Indian community in the Medan area and there are Indians in Jakarta, but Malaysia has the connection with India through being part of the British Commonwealth, as the Brits shipped Indians in to be administrators and bureaucrats and such.

In Malaysia, it is my understanding that similar peoplegroups can get the legal status of being 'Malay.' For example, Minangakbau people in Malaysia are considered legally Malay, or can be, right? In Indonesia, Mingangkabau (or 'Padang', the regional capital city, and a label people call the people group and their cuisine) is its own people-group. They are 'pribumi' like other native groups to the area. The Malaysians say 'puteri bumi' (prince/son of the earth/land) for the same thing. Chinese are not 'pribumi.' Neither are foreigners.

If you like Malaysian women but don't want to marry a Muslim, Indonesia has a lot of similar-looking women who aren't Muslim. A large minority of Javanese are Christians. Many Batak are Christian as well. Islam is a minority among them. Malayu is a people-group in Indonesia, the one Malaysia is named after. Palembang is a Malayu area. Indonesian Malay/Malayu say 'manggo' instead of 'mangga.' Malaysians end it with that tense sharp sound kind of like a schwa, kind of like the sound we say in the word 'but', but maybe a bit tenser and higher in the mouth. The say that at the end of words where Indonesians say 'a' as in 'father.' Indonesian and Malaysian are almost the same language.

Indonesia is also a Muslim majority country, but it is not illegal to convert. There may be some laws against converting children under 17. But I don't think there is any law against a Muslim becoming a Christian. If you marry in Indonesia, you have to go through a religious organization, and Christians (on paper) have to marry Christians (on paper.) So to get married to a Muslim, one of you needs to convert or go overseas.
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Post by Bao3niang »

There are three major ethnic groups in Malaysia (Singapore too): Malays, Indians, and Chinese. I have never been to Malaysia, not yet, but currently my adopted father lives there at a suburb called Cyberjaya not too far from KL. Malaysia will actually be my first destination when I finally leave the Anglosphere and cut ties with the sick people in my life.

As for Malaysian women I don't know much about them. There doesn't seem to be an abundance of them on major dating sites compared to Filipinas and Thais. I did sign up for Malaysian Cupid but I didn't pay a subscription, and it's been a long time. From what little I know about Malaysia, it's definitely not a good place to live in. Just like Singapore it's a multi-ethnic screw up combining the worst traits of East and West. In Singapore it's ultra orthodox Confucianism with the remnants of Western colonialism (ex: feminism, British-style snobbishness) and now American anti-culture, in Malaysia it's Islamic and Western influence. Ethnic Chinese and Indians are still disadvantaged in many ways compared to Malays. Since Malaysia has the second highest standard of English in Asia, it is much harder to find employment as an English teacher. However my adopted father makes quite a decent living as a private tutor, owing to many years of experience and having connections. Back in China he made over 40,000 RMB a month (he misses China).

Malaysian women, I don't know much about them but I would say that as a whole they wouldn't be a good option because of Malaysia's Westernization (if you are dealing with Chinese and Indians) and Islamic conservatism (Malays). From what my adopted father has told me the ethnic Malays are extremely sexually repressed, but ethan_sg told me that's definitely not the case with Malay women in Singapore. When he was back in Singapore for Chinese New Year he went to a club with his friends and saw a Malay woman who was actively flirting with other men RIGHT IN FRONT of her husband. Her husband just stood there. Plus I don't find Malays attractive. As for the Indians I don't know much about them. The ethnic Chinese are definitely much more Westernized than mainland Chinese women (with the exception of first tier cities) as a whole, although ethan_sg's former fiancée seems to be an exception. I'd imagine that Chinese Malaysian women are still fairly more down to earth than Chinese Singaporeans, but I haven't known any personally. What I see with ethnic Chinese in Malaysia and Singapore is that many of them share a closer affinity to Taiwan and Hong Kong than they do to mainland China. For example, many ethnic Chinese singers from Malaysia and Singapore are signed to Taiwanese companies and are based in Taiwan.

There is still much discrimination against ethnic Chinese in Malaysia. From what my adopted father has told me it's gotten worse over the past few decades. A few decades ago Malays would still go eat at Chinese restaurants, nowadays they strictly segregate themselves. Malaysia, like other so-called 'melting pots', is essentially soulless. The idea of a 'melting pot' is just a code word for assimilation and discrimination. There will be no real equality, one group or one culture / anti-culture will always be the dominant force. Other times it's just one big mess, as we see in the Anglosphere. It's to the advantage of the elite to enforce the politically correct notion of diversity, because a more divided population is easier to exploit.

Another thing I don't like about Malaysia is how it's also a very automobile dependent country, a legacy of its past ties (as well as current) with the West. This surprised me at first, but Malaysia has one of the highest rates of car ownership in all of Asia (3rd I believe). As a non-driver who's far from being best mates with vehicles, Malaysia would definitely not be a place I'd like to live in. In China taxis are everywhere, the subway is convenient, there are rickshaws (although they may not always be the safest) and many places are within walking distance. Not in Malaysia. My adopted father has to drive 45 minutes to where his students are, and that really sucks. Since driving is the norm in Malaysia, even if I wanted to get involved with a Malaysian woman I'd be at a huge disadvantage just like in the West.

Here's my two cents on Malaysia, my opinions so far. I would not consider it as a place to live and settle down with a wife, but it looks like I will be spending some time there in the near future.
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Bao3niang wrote:Another thing I don't like about Malaysia is how it's also a very automobile dependent country, a legacy of its past ties (as well as current) with the West. This surprised me at first, but Malaysia has one of the highest rates of car ownership in all of Asia (3rd I believe). As a non-driver who's far from being best mates with vehicles, Malaysia would definitely not be a place I'd like to live in
This is very true, in Malaysia even only a few miles out of the few cities, you need your own transportation, a car or at least a motorcycle.
There is very little public transportation available, even in places you might expect it to be, often even no taxi service.

I cannot say there is no public transportation at all, but waiting time is considerable. You expect maybe a bus every 20 or 30 minutes, but it is only every 2 or 3 hours... something like that.

A problem is also about overregulation of traffic laws, it's similar to UK. People are reluctant to help you out.

For example in Thailand, if there is no public transport showing up, you might ask any pickup-truck driver or motorcycle rider who is moving in your direction to take you and give him some small money for the gas station as thank you.

In Malaysia however nobody will take you, claiming restrictions because of insurance contract, police checks etc. etc. I also found driving around with a rent-a -car not really a pleasure, there are good streets, but terrible restrictions regarding speed, parking etc. etc.

It is true that Chinese and Muslim became more mistrusting during the last decades, often avoid each other but they will still communicate with a typical foreigner like me.

However I found Indian people most reclusive, and the worst of my experiences were all those many people who keep second homes and are from Saudi Arabia. Even Malay Muslims were complaining openly to me how ignorant and greedy they are.

While I was in Malaysia, there was never any greeting, and absolute no conversation coming from any of these men towards me, and women are totally covered up in black, moving around like 'ghosts'.

I later bought my second home in Thailand, in Pattaya/Jomtien area. Much better, cheaper, friendlier...in every aspect.

I think, nowadays Malaysia is not really a place fitting to Western foreigners anymore. It's a mixture of British discipline regarding general laws, Muslim rules if you consider dating there certain groups of women, Chinese loud rude behavior, the Indian intrusive businessman expecting you to buy something from him follows you all the time, etc.

For a Western tourist to stay a few days for sightseeing, that's OK, but living there for long-stay? Not me...
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Post by Bao3niang »

Malaysia as a whole is just a messy clump. Once again I would NOT live there. Waiting for such long times for public transit, and even finding it difficult to get on a rickshaw etc. is just insane. Public transit doesn't seem developed at all. Perhaps the only good thing about Malaysia is the food, I've heard Penang has very good street food. I'm a foodie, perhaps that's the only good thing Malaysia can offer me. So Indians are the most reclusive, that's not a total surprise to me. Many Indians are still very devout Hindus that stick to themselves. My adopted father has made friends from other South Asian nations, such as Pakistan and Nepal, who are residing in Malaysia. The ethnic Chinese in Malaysia, at least KL residents, can be extremely ruthless and cunning much like pretty much every other Chinese diaspora. Some of his connections are lawyers, and he's told me they are extremely deceptive and cold blooded individuals. But, all lawyers are. The most authentic Chinese are still found in mainland China itself, excluding the higher 'echelons.' Despite being pretty much banned from holding any degree of political influence, ethnic Chinese in Malaysia control over 70% of the economy. Ethnic Chinese in Indonesia, despite being like 4-5% of the overall population, control nearly half of Indonesia's economy. And of course there's Singapore, a base for Asian and Western elite. I've only met two decent Singaporeans in my life so far. One is Christopher, whom I haven't been in contact with for many years. He's 2 years older than me and attended the same school as me back in Beijing. He's an accomplished pianist and I don't know where he is now, or if he has changed. The second one is ethan_sg, who is truly a rebel. He's settled down in China and I really want to meet him soon. Your typical Chinese Singaporean can be seen in my former classmate Eugene. At that time I was still a conformist desperately seeking approval, so I befriended him and I thought he was a friend. He's currently doing NS in Singapore and back then he told me he wants to go to Stanford or Harvard to become a doctor or a lawyer. Sounds typically SIngaporean, EH?

Back then, during the time I spent with him, he was very competitive and afraid of losing. He talked a lot of self-help, motivational bullshit and wanted to be popular with the girls. He dated a white Canadian girl at my school for a while. A few years later when I stumbled upon him on Skype he told me he prefers whites. He constantly mocked me, berated me for being short and slightly chubby as well as geeky, criticized my 'lack of drive and ambition' among other things. One time he took me to an Italian restaurant on the first floor of his condo complex (where many other Malaysians and S'poreans lived) and insisted teaching me proper dining etiquette. He was a wannabe PUA.
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!
Citizen
Freshman Poster

Post by Citizen »

When I was in Malaysia (long ago now) the only attractive women that I saw were Indian women.