Why is Taiwan so unfriendly, cold, closed, repressed, self-hating, lonely, alienating, negative, soulless?!

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

Teal, that´s what I think too. Girls are not interted in men besides looks, money, status. That´s at least what´s puahate says. So women with money from rich countries don´t need frugal guys. They need betas who serve them.

Thailand kind of countries are the place to be. At least you get a cheap massage. I hope I will make my move there in 2013.
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

zboy1 wrote:
Teal Lantern wrote:Maybe, in Taiwan, you're better off being alone. :roll:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z25U8fyVhh

'Who the hell uses his tongue on the first kiss?' Woman's fury after boyfriend tried to give her a French kiss (and now he's been charged with sexual harassment)
WOW! Are you kidding me! Seems like Taiwanese women have become just as bad as American women, smh! This is what Westernization will do to a country...
I should have included this part.
"After courting his girlfriend for five months, cooking her dinner and asking her permission for a kiss, a Taiwanese man surely thought he had done everything right."
Five months? Not so much as a kiss in five months :?: And, he cooked for her :?: :!:
That's not a "girlfriend", just another user. :roll:
If she runs to the cops for an attempted kiss, don't ask what she does after less-than-stellar sex, just hide your knives. :shock:

не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
celery2010
Freshman Poster

Post by celery2010 »

Well this fat, unattractive guy was able to find a nice cute girl

http://www.chinasmack.com/2009/pictures ... riend.html
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

celery2010 wrote:Well this fat, unattractive guy was able to find a nice cute girl

You would never ever see an American girl with someone like that! Just goes to show you how incredibly selective American women are in choosing their mates.
Naoki
Freshman Poster

Post by Naoki »

celery2010 wrote:Well this fat, unattractive guy was able to find a nice cute girl

I'm ten thousand times better looking than that guy. And I have no luck. WTF!!!
I want to kill that guy.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

WTF? If he can get a hot girl in Taiwan, why can't I? Is that page a joke?

Momopi,
I was meaning to ask you: Last weekend in Taichung at a big mall, I saw TONS of hot girls with long white legs, with mediocre guys. One of the guys was even short and bald, yet he was with a tall girl that I could only dream of. WTF? How can this be?

Furthermore, does this mean that getting a hot girl in Taiwan is easy? If so, why can't I get one? Esp since I'm a million times more interesting than the average Taiwanese guy, no doubt!

How can it be that hot girls in Taiwan are like grains of sand on a beach, yet I can't even get one? WTF?! That's the ultimate insult!

Also, why is it that almost all Taiwan girls like to show off their long legs by wearing short jeans or short skirts, yet they don't allow anyone to touch them? It's like they enjoy torturing guys.

Moreover, not even their boyfriend/date seems to try to touch them. How are Taiwanese guys able to control their desires like that? Do they not like hot legs? How come Taiwanese guys never cop feels off their date or girlfriend or rub their sexy skin? They seem happy to just sit and talk and not touch women. Rock noticed this and commented on it too. Why is that? Weird.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote:

WTF? If he can get a hot girl in Taiwan, why can't I? Is that page a joke?

Momopi,
I was meaning to ask you: Last weekend in Taichung at a big mall, I saw TONS of hot girls with long white legs, with mediocre guys. One of the guys was even short and bald, yet he was with a tall girl that I could only dream of. WTF? How can this be?

Furthermore, does this mean that getting a hot girl in Taiwan is easy? If so, why can't I get one? Esp since I'm a million times more interesting than the average Taiwanese guy, no doubt!

How can it be that hot girls in Taiwan are like grains of sand on a beach, yet I can't even get one? WTF?! That's the ultimate insult!

Also, why is it that almost all Taiwan girls like to show off their long legs by wearing short jeans or short skirts, yet they don't allow anyone to touch them? It's like they enjoy torturing guys.

Moreover, not even their boyfriend/date seems to try to touch them. How are Taiwanese guys able to control their desires like that? Do they not like hot legs? How come Taiwanese guys never cop feels off their date or girlfriend or rub their sexy skin? They seem happy to just sit and talk and not touch women. Rock noticed this and commented on it too. Why is that? Weird.
1. Taiwanese, especially outta Taipei, are not big into public displays of affection. That doesn't mean these guy aren't getting any behind closed doors tho. Just ask Momopi about his own experiences w/Taiwan girls.

2. Taiwan girls may seem pretty picky. But they actually can be quite forgiving about looks and seem to accept average body types pretty well as long as guy is not fat. If an average looking Taiwan guy puts in the work on a girl, he sometimes wins her over.

3. Unfortunately, young Taiwan girls are generally not as forgiving about age gaps. Last time you and I were sitting together with Ann, I remember you asking her why the plain looking dude near our table was with such a hot date. If I remember correctly, she told that at least the guy was age appropriate.

4. I just watched a new show on Taiwan Television tonight. I think the name was something like "Prince Goes Out on a Date". One guy would walk out and be looked at by 26 girls. After being introduced and having his age, height, and weight announced, he would walk a bit. Then the girls would each vote on whether or not they were interested in going out on a date with the guy based on that first impression. After that, more info about him through some videos would be revealed and some girls might change their votes kinda the way stock prices constantly refresh during trading hours. Score was constantly displayed at bottom left of screen. Now one of these guys was chubby - 172 cm and 82 kg. But he had a nice and very youthful appearance and at 32 years of age, was a dentist. Guess what. This guy by far did the worst. He started out with just 3 yes votes out of 26 and after it was revealed he did model photography as a hobby, the remaining 3 changed so that nobody was interested. He was the only guy who had to walk off the stage dateless. It seems many of the girls were put off by his weight and the remaining ones did not like his hobby cus they figured it would be tempting for him to be a playboy.

BTW, another guy lost more than half his votes once he revealed that at 27, he had never had a girlfriend before. Perhaps you should watch that show sometimes to gain some insights about how typical young Taiwan females make first impression decisions about Taiwanese men.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Taiwan is conservative in the "out of sight" sense. Public displlay of physical intimancy is inappropriate but hourly motels are everywhere in the cities. When I slept over at my GF's place while her patents were away, my relatives thought that was disrespectful. But when I take her abroad on vacation my relatives say "to share a pillow is to know the person". ;p

I suppose in the US an American parent would say "don't get her pregnant". In Taiwan my relatives would say "the rice is cooked".
Last edited by momopi on September 9th, 2012, 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Taiwanese guys are strange. Are they even human? I can't believe I even share the same DNA with them. Can you imagine me doing that, ignoring three hot girls because of a video game? LOL
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote:
Taiwanese guys are strange. Are they even human? I can't believe I even share the same DNA with them. Can you imagine me doing that, ignoring three hot girls because of a video game? LOL
Don't take it too seriously. It might just be some sort of marketing gimmick.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Here are some emails I received from an ABC about his feelings of alienation in Taiwan. Now you guys can see that I'm not the only one, or that I have some sort of problem. I'm nice, open, educated, interesting, intelligent, etc. so theoretically there's nothing wrong with me.
Hi Winston.

I had written in your contact form but I want to know your personal
experiences. What I hate most about living in Taiwan is that I always am
treated like an outsider, simply because I didn't spend my entire life in
Taiwan and speak Chinese with an accent. I don't like to be asked where I
come from, which I get all the time when I talk to people. I've already
been living in Taiwan long term (8 years) and feel so tired about how hard
it is to fit in. I also don't like mentioning how I grew up in the US or
abroad, since many people are not accepting and will make fun of you for
it, because it proves that you are different from them. It makes me
paranoid to be around others simply because I know that they will make a
big deal out of it. When I'm in other countries or talking to different
races, it is much less stressful because they won't judge you because you
grew up in a different country or speak with an accent. I have been
discriminated from jobs because employers say they don't want foreigners,
although it's illegal to discriminate based on gender, age, race, country
of birth, etc.
Yeah, I did hint about being an ABC. I'm in Taiwan because I'm living and
working here with my family, although I live separate from them for now. I
understand how hard you feel it is to interact with the people, which is
why I want to leave the country. How long will you be in Taiwan and I
think you said you willingly came to Taiwan so that the environment will
help you concentrate on work.
I'm living in Taipei City. I really feel sick and tired of Taiwan and how
there's very little human connection or interaction--everyone is their own
little island. Sometimes people make it forbidden to talk to each other,
whether as a rule or through their tone of voice. I think every Yellow
country is like that, although you could ask your forum members for sure.
How can you view this White guy as your friend when all he can do is talk
about how great Taiwan is when he doesn't live here? Are you really sure
that once I can leave the country for any non-Yellow country, human
interaction will be much easier? I'm working full time to save enough
money to leave.

Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

now my theory is make money in the north and spent it in the south. psychologically we are vulnerable to face to face discrimination. like "hannibal lector" said we do want what we see every day. so go to a playe where your face value is higher.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Here is another ABC who wrote me and said that I was right about Taiwan. He also read this forum and said that I don't look like a Chinese taxi driver. So f**k you Repatriate!
Hello Winston,

I just found your site, and I find much of of what you say to be insightful and true. I am a Taiwanese-American like yourself; I was born there, but came to America with my parents when I was very young, and have lived here ever since. I think you are right in many respects about Taiwan and Taiwanese people, it is a very conservative, repressive society that breeds coldness and rigidity in people. I also find myself more attracted to white women than Asian women, but I am wondering, does having these feelings make me a self-hating Asian? It seems that there are few other Taiwanese or other Asian-Americans that think this way. I have thought about this many times, and I wonder if feeling the way that you and I do makes us in some ways self-hating Asian people.

What do you think?

Regards,
Steve
Hi Winston,

Thanks for writing back to me. I think I found your site on Google; I was trying to find out why a lot of women seem to play games, be too picky, or were bitchy/mean for seemingly no reason. In my experience, it wasn't just the attractive ones that do this; even average/ugly girls would, too. Little did I know this wasn't the case with all women, just American ones. A lot of things started to make sense once I found your site.

I did get a chance to read some of your forum; it is a treasure trove of info. I really cannot thank you enough for saying things that other people can't, or won't, discuss. BTW I don't think you look like a Taiwanese taxi driver; your teeth aren't stained brown-red from chewing betel nuts.

I usually visit Taiwan about once a year. I totally get what you are saying about TW girls. An American girl might wear jeans 360 days out of the year, but probably more than half of young Taiwanese women go out daily in skirts, stockings/pantyhose, and high heels! This isn't like Russia or Eastern Europe where women wear nylons due to the cold; Taiwan is hot and humid year round! It's just too bad most of them have zero social skills from their strict and sheltered upbringing. It's no wonder the ones that move to the US usually end up going for white boys. If I was an East Asian girl, and I had a chance to escape the coldness and stiffness of East Asian culture by marrying an American, I'd jump at the chance.

It sounds like you are having a lot of fun in the Philippines. It is definitely on my bucket list of places to visit, but I'm not sure if now is the right time, with the tension over the South China Sea dispute. Why can't we Asians all just get along.

Regards,
Steve

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I just noticed something today. While eating out, I kept looking at this cute girl, but she never made eye contact with me. But as soon as I looked away, she would look at me for a split second. That's so weird. Why can't Taiwanese girls ever look me in the eye? But if I turn away, they will look at me for a split second. WTF? So weird. In the Philippines, every girl you look at will look at your back. Why is it so different in Taiwan? Can anyone explain?

Also, how come in Taiwan you can't start conversations with just a simple "Hi what's up?" like you can in the rest of the normal world? WTF?

I keep asking these type of questions over and over again but never get any answers. All I get are stupid f***ing BS type answers from Repatriate and Jacare about my looks, when this is about THEM, not about me. Why are Taiwanese so different, so cold, unfriendly and inhuman? WHY WHY WHY?! I'M LOOKING FOR REAL ANSWERS DAMN IT!!!