Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Why is Taiwan so alienating, lonely, disconnected, negative?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby momopi » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:12 am

Winston wrote:Momopi,
How do other foreigners in Taiwan get used to it? How do they thrive or have fun in spite of it? Do they just ignore it? If so, how come I can't? Am I too sensitive or empathic?

I'd be happy to comment, when you're physically located in China.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Winston » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:42 pm

Rock wrote:The way I would get close to Taiwanese was to date them. Whether or not things progressed, I was often introduced to the girls' family members, co-workers, schoolmates, etc. I also made connections through my work. There are many ways to network but it takes patience and time. And you need some sort starting platform. The only platform you seem to have is Coach Surfing but as you told us, it totally sucks in Chiayi.

But you said you just cold approached and didn't need a platform. Now you are saying you do? I guess you admit now that I was right all along. There was no need to deny it. I told you all along that that was the way it works here. This is a very conservative country where people only like to meet through other friends, school, work, organizations, etc. I don't like that. Conservative countries like that suck.

Couchsurfing is not a dating site and one is not allowed to use it as such. But there are many foreigners who can't meet people in Taiwan except through Couchsurfing it seems.

Well you said it sucks in Chiayi too. Not just me. People are closed, grouchy and unfriendly here. Not sociable at all. You said so yourself. Even the Couchsurfing group in Chiayi refuses to hold any meetings or meet up. Yet on their group page, they describe Chiayi as a "friendly town"? WTF?! People lie so much!

Moreover, I just realized something. Even if you make a lot of friends in Taiwan, you eventually realize that these friends are really just casual acquaintances, because there is no real connection with them. They are like empty shells with no soul or emotions, like plastic caricatures or mannequins. (similar to America, but even worse) I've seen some of the older generation Taiwanese show some semblance of having a soul or emotions, but the young adult generation definitely seem empty and hollow, like plastic androids with no soul or spirit. Thus, the friendships you make in Taiwan will ultimately be unsatisfying.

It's also kind of depressing when you see that people are empty shells here because it leaves you wondering "How can humans descend into such a state of being?" What's scary is that you know deep down that you don't want to become like them, thus hanging around them could have a toxic negative effect on you.

This is an important point that I forgot to make before. I will add it to my "10 reasons Taiwan is not good for social life" essay in the other thread.

In any case, as you saw above, the Slovakian white girl did not deny that Taiwanese were cold and uptight. She merely said she ignored it and focused on her studies. So you see, even people who are treated well in Taiwan can see the obvious. So it's not just me. I was right yet again.

And the German guy I quoted above also admitted in his mangina logic letter it is not easy to talk to strangers in Taiwan. He said this even though he was given lots of fake plastic hospitality in Taiwan. The truth is the truth. This isn't about me. It's about them. I've been saying that all along, and was proven right yet again.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby Rock » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:41 pm

Winston wrote:
Rock wrote:The way I would get close to Taiwanese was to date them. Whether or not things progressed, I was often introduced to the girls' family members, co-workers, schoolmates, etc. I also made connections through my work. There are many ways to network but it takes patience and time. And you need some sort starting platform. The only platform you seem to have is Coach Surfing but as you told us, it totally sucks in Chiayi.

But you said you just cold approached and didn't need a platform. Now you are saying you do? I guess you admit now that I was right all along. There was no need to deny it. I told you all along that that was the way it works here. This is a very conservative country where people only like to meet through other friends, school, work, organizations, etc. I don't like that. Conservative countries like that suck.

Have you ever sold life insurance? When you first get started in the business (assuming you are young and unconnected) you basically cold call. That means getting numbers of people in various professions and ringing them up boiler room style plus attending various events and networking. Your goal is to build up a business network but in the first year or so, it's extremely tough. Eventually, if you make it over the hump, you start getting referrals from existing clients and contacts you created from all your phone calling and pavement pounding.

In Taiwan, I started out with no platform. I had to cold call, both for social and business purposes. But, I had a bit of an edge in that some people wanted to know foreign friends. Eventually, friends introduced me to business opportunities and I learned about a hot industry which was ripe for my skills. I hit up several companies and got hired within 2 months.

On the social side, when I saw a girl I felt attraction for and she seemed right for an approach (alone or with just a female friend, not seeming to be in a hurry), I would often approach her/them and just blurt out that I'm the new guy in town or something to that effect and I would like to make friends with her/them. Over the years, I'm sure I did this well over a 1,000 times, maybe well over 2,000 but I sure haven't kept track. Heck, even Monkro is up to about 100 approaches by now and he's still a newbie.

My results were all over the map. I had many many polite rejections, girls who wanted to language exchange, girls who wanted to introduce me to their female friends (o my female classmate x really wants to meet a foreigner and you will like her, she's cute), girls who wanted to introduce me to their boyfriends to practice English together (not what I was hoping for but o well), girls who were curious enough about me to wanna date me, girls who fell into my lap almost immediately, and even girls who dumped their bfs to date me. I never got slapped or insulted. The worst thing that ever happened would be in the middle of my pitch, Jimmy the boyfriend would show-up, very awkward but I'm smooth enough to wiggle my way out with no apparent hard feelings. How did I meet my ex? Cold approach via her friend (she was with 4 girls)? How did I meet my ex ex? Cold approach near my residence. How did I meet the girl I was seeing intimately before her? Cold approach at an Acer booth one year at Computex trade fair in Taipei. And before her, a girl who worked in one of the restaurants in the Sherwood hotel (cold approached her right outside of her building when she was getting off of work). During many periods, I was seeing multiple girls more casually so lots of overlap depending on period and circumstances.

Has Taipei changed a lot? Probably. I don't think it has been nearly as easy for Monkro as it was for me. But he's still thrilled with Taipei and wants to settle. He loves the women, food, people, safety, general environment, etc. You can always ring him up if you wanna get a positive spin on Taipei.

From all you have posted, it seems Taiwan really rubs a lot of people the wrong way. But not everyone. Monkro and I are big fans and both of us have had great experiences. OTH, my French tenant might agree with much of what you say. But he also told me that of the several countries he's lived in (including Brazil, a brief stay in Thailand, and of course France - both Paris and the south) Taipei by far was the easiest place for him to attract local women to date and get close to. I still have that recorded interview with him about Taiwan which I can play for you if you care to listen. Another one of my American friends absolutely hated Taipei, thought Taiwanese are very rude people who don't know how to drive properly and are boring and selfish. But even he dated dozens of girls (all over the map looks wise but a decent percentage of cuties and hotties mixed in) during his stay on the island.

There is no place in the world which is right for everyone. The corollary is that this is also no place in the world which is wrong for everyone.

You seem to have made it your mission to live in places you hate and focus on broadcasting their faults from your personal POV. If that's your MO, I sure do feel sorry for you pal.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Falcon » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:13 pm

Rock wrote:My results were all over the map. I had many many polite rejections, girls who wanted to language exchange, girls who wanted to introduce me to their female friends (o my female classmate x really wants to meet a foreigner and you will like her, she's cute), girls who wanted to introduce me to their boyfriends to practice English together (not what I was hoping for but o well), girls who were curious enough about me to wanna date me, girls who fell into my lap almost immediately, and even girls who dumped their bfs to date me. I never got slapped or insulted. The worst thing that ever happened would be in the middle of my pitch, Jimmy the boyfriend would show-up, very awkward but I'm smooth enough to wiggle my way out with no apparent hard feelings. How did I meet my ex? Cold approach via her friend (she was with 4 girls)? How did I meet my ex ex? Cold approach near my residence. How did I meet the girl I was seeing intimately before her? Cold approach at an Acer booth one year at Computex trade fair in Taipei. And before her, a girl who worked in one of the restaurants in the Sherwood hotel (cold approached her right outside of her building when she was getting off of work). During many periods, I was seeing multiple girls more casually so lots of overlap depending on period and circumstances.

Not bad at all. Never slapped or insulted? Then that's all I need - I should seriously give Taiwan a try. Might have a chance to come over later this year.

I don't mind polite rejections and being ignored politely. That's far better than the Taiwanese-American / Chinese-American women who didn't simply ignore me, but actually took revenge by giving me mean looks, yelling at me, and spreading embarrassing rumors. Many American guys become paranoid of approaching women because of such experiences, and it could take quite a while to undo the results of all this trauma.

For me, the Taiwanese international female students I've talked to are actually much more approachable and friendly than Gen 2.0 Taiwanese-American women I know from high school and college. And this is college in America after 2010. Many of you guys had been to college around 20 years ago and were already having some trouble back then. Just imagine it 20 years later. :P
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Postby Banano » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:20 pm

Ok Rock

what do you look like and your age?, i suspect thats why your experience is very different to Winstons

and you did over 2000 approaches, wow

what if winston tries to approach 50 women every day, cold approach them?

would that yield anything before he burned out?
Banano
Veteran Poster

Postby Winston » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:50 pm

Yeah but Rock, you've said all that before. I don't believe that EVERYONE or ALMOST EVERYONE gets hot girls in Taiwan except me. No way.

A TON OF DATA contradict what you say. And I mean A LOT. Yet you act like it doesn't exist. I don't understand that. It's like you are paid to defend Taiwan or have a political interest in doing so.

In reality, most white guys in Taiwan date UNATTRACTIVE women that no one wants. Even Repatriate admitted that. Even you probably haven't dated many attractive women, who are attractive by most guys' standards.

How do you explain that the Slovakian girl I quoted above, admitted in her letter that Taiwanese are cold and uptight, as I stated?

How come the German guy, with his mangina logic, in his letter above ADMITTED that it was HARD to talk to strangers in Taiwan?

How do you explain that?!

How do you explain that the Taiwanese American girl said my observations are all true? And that she saw that at her university, the white guys are only hanging out with other foreigners and not local Taiwanese? How do you explain that? Denying it doesn't debunk it.

Again, she said:

"2) One point you should mention is many White men who come or live here
think every Yellow woman is some kind of easy lay or submissive geisha
should be in for a rude awakening, as you have stressed in your 7 points.
I think you should try to think of the criticisms for the men. I went to
university here and the white men who come as foreign exchange students--I
always see most of them alone or hanging out with other foreign exchange
students. Taiwanese society is just too hard to fit in and ever fully
adjust to. "

How do you explain that? Pretending it doesn't exist doesn't debunk it. If Taiwan is so wonderful, then how come foreigners can't really befriend mainstream local Taiwanese or fit in?

And how come the Siberian girl said that Taiwanese are not real people with real emotions? How do you explain that?

And how do you explain that at the Chiayi nightclub, the Taiwanese guys wouldn't talk to any of the young foreign guys there and in our group, as I showed in the photos in that thread about it? How do you explain that?

How can you deny such indisputable hard evidence? Is it because you are paid to try to make Taiwan look good?

How come a ton of guys here in this forum - De, Keepingitreal, Gits, Outwest, Momopi, etc. - all said that my observations are GENERALLY TRUE AND ACCURATE? Even Momopi said that what I said was TRUE.

How do you explain that my Taiwanese uncle, my dad's best friend, who is a wealthy retired Lockheed engineer in California, said that "girls do not talk to strangers, especially boys that they don't know in Taiwan"? You can give him a Calculus problem from a Calculus textbook and he can figure it out in moments. His face looks like Mr. Spock too. Even he admits that I'm RIGHT! I showed you his quote above.

How do you explain that?

You simply saying "Everyone I know, or almost everyone I know, loves Taiwan and gets hot girls in Taiwan" doesn't make it true, and does not contradict the MASSIVE AMOUNT OF DATA I've presented to corroborate my points and observations, which many here have corroborated as well.

EVERYTHING points to my points as being VERY ACCURATE. Even Taiwanese people themselves admit that my points are TRUE. I've asked them. They all admit that their people are not very open at all, and less open than Americans and Westerners.

EVERYTHING IN EVERY CATEGORY SAYS THAT I'M RIGHT. EVERYTHING! FROM MANY DIFFERENT ANGLES, LEVELS AND SOURCES.

You claiming otherwise does not change that. Words are just words. They don't prove anything. All the REAL DATA proves me right. You haven't changed that or disproven anything I've said.

Sure, Taiwan isn't for everyone. But your claim that 90+ percent of foreigners love Taiwan and fit in and vibe well here and get hot girls easily and has the opposite experience is definitely not supported by any data.

How is it that I find people EVERYWHERE who agree with me, yet in your 10 years in Taiwan, you can't even name ONE person who agrees with me about Taiwan? No way! Come on now. Every single local Taiwanese admits that I'm right, yet you can't even find one? And when I show you one, you delete it from your memory banks? lol. Yeah right. It's like I am on a beach and see grains of sand everywhere, yet on a beach, you can't find even one grain of sand? WTF? lol

Why do you ALWAYS FILTER the data to make it look like 99 percent of people have the opposite experience of me Taiwan and don't agree with me? The fact that you filter data means that you have an agenda or strong bias or belief, because people who are seeking the truth DO NOT FILTER information like you keep doing. It's as though you are paid to propagandize about Taiwan. It's very odd and non-objective.
Last edited by Winston on Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby Rock » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:36 am

Falcon wrote:I don't mind polite rejections and being ignored politely. That's far better than the Taiwanese-American / Chinese-American women who didn't simply ignore me, but actually took revenge by giving me mean looks, yelling at me, and spreading embarrassing rumors. Many American guys become paranoid of approaching women because of such experiences, and it could take quite a while to undo the results of all this trauma.

I can't promise none of that will never happen to you, esp. in the club environs. But if you stick with day approaches or ate least avoid situations at night where girls are either drunk or trying to show-off, you should be ok. Only bad experiences Monkro has had so far have been with a 2 or 3 he later pegged as 1.5-2.0 Gen gals.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Rock » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:10 am

Banano wrote:Ok Rock

what do you look like and your age?, i suspect thats why your experience is very different to Winstons

1. I was ok looking in Taiwan context and not too old. But consider I went almost dateless in the USA, much worse than Winston in that regard. So I fall into that niche of guys who are invisible to girls in USA but worthy of consideration by some in Taiwan. Monkro can only pull an occasional 50+ cougar in States but has dated several Taiwan girls who are young, cute, and don't have children. But remember, he's approached around 100 already so lots of rejections too. Softer average looking shy western guys get, at best, ignored in States but can do ok with some Taiwan gals if they are proactive enough and can take polite rejections. Dynamics are gonna be different from Chinese looking guys as they are perceived in a different light.

2. Even if I exceeded 2,000 approaches, that's not a big deal. If you break it down to 10 years, that's just under 4 a week on average. Monkro has approached as many as 20 gals in an evening (we kept track once).

3. Forget about Winston and Taiwan. You can't teach an old dog new tricks. There's a vicious energy cycle which occurs between him and a lot of Taiwan girls. He gets put-off by their body language but can't help staring at the hotter ones. They in turn sense him looking at them in a lustful way and get intimidated or put off and react by displaying even more closed body language or else just escaping by moving further away. I mean, why wouldn't gals stop when he says, "excuse me miss" if they weren't somehow intimidated or put-off?

4. Cold approaching can suck when you have a bad spell. But it also can be addictive if you get enough bites. Read a bit about motivation vs. timing of reward stimulus to get a sense of how this works on the human mind. I think if after 100 approaches, you can get some good results, then perhaps its worthwhile. But there's a lot more involved than just getting the number and Facebook. Follow-up skills are just as important. These days, you will need more patience. Instead of chatting on the phone right away, you might need to first chat on Facebook and/or text for a week or two. Things will either escalate or not and within 2 to 3 weeks, it should become apparent.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Rock » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:14 am

Winston wrote:Yeah but Rock, you've said all that before. I don't believe that EVERYONE or ALMOST EVERYONE gets hot girls in Taiwan except me. No way.

A TON OF DATA contradict what you say. And I mean A LOT. Yet you act like it doesn't exist. I don't understand that. It's like you are paid to defend Taiwan or have a political interest in doing so.

In reality, most white guys in Taiwan date UNATTRACTIVE women that no one wants. Even Repatriate admitted that. Even you probably haven't dated many attractive women, who are attractive by most guys' standards.

How do you explain that the Slovakian girl I quoted above, admitted in her letter that Taiwanese are cold and uptight, as I stated?

How come the German guy, with his mangina logic, in his letter above ADMITTED that it was HARD to talk to strangers in Taiwan?

How do you explain that?!

How do you explain that the Taiwanese American girl said my observations are all true? And that she saw that at her university, the white guys are only hanging out with other foreigners and not local Taiwanese? How do you explain that? Denying it doesn't debunk it.

Again, she said:

"2) One point you should mention is many White men who come or live here
think every Yellow woman is some kind of easy lay or submissive geisha
should be in for a rude awakening, as you have stressed in your 7 points.
I think you should try to think of the criticisms for the men. I went to
university here and the white men who come as foreign exchange students--I
always see most of them alone or hanging out with other foreign exchange
students. Taiwanese society is just too hard to fit in and ever fully
adjust to. "

How do you explain that? Pretending it doesn't exist doesn't debunk it. If Taiwan is so wonderful, then how come foreigners can't really befriend mainstream local Taiwanese or fit in?

And how come the Siberian girl said that Taiwanese are not real people with real emotions? How do you explain that?

And how do you explain that at the Chiayi nightclub, the Taiwanese guys wouldn't talk to any of the young foreign guys there and in our group, as I showed in the photos in that thread about it? How do you explain that?

How can you deny such indisputable hard evidence? Is it because you are paid to try to make Taiwan look good?

How come a ton of guys here in this forum - De, Keepingitreal, Gits, Outwest, Momopi, etc. - all said that my observations are GENERALLY TRUE AND ACCURATE? Even Momopi said that what I said was TRUE.

How do you explain that my Taiwanese uncle, my dad's best friend, who is a wealthy retired Lockheed engineer in California, said that "girls do not talk to strangers, especially boys that they don't know in Taiwan"? You can give him a Calculus problem from a Calculus textbook and he can figure it out in moments. His face looks like Mr. Spock too. Even he admits that I'm RIGHT! I showed you his quote above.

How do you explain that?

You simply saying "Everyone I know, or almost everyone I know, loves Taiwan and gets hot girls in Taiwan" doesn't make it true, and does not contradict the MASSIVE AMOUNT OF DATA I've presented to corroborate my points and observations, which many here have corroborated as well.

EVERYTHING points to my points as being VERY ACCURATE. Even Taiwanese people themselves admit that my points are TRUE. I've asked them. They all admit that their people are not very open at all, and less open than Americans and Westerners.

EVERYTHING IN EVERY CATEGORY SAYS THAT I'M RIGHT. EVERYTHING! FROM MANY DIFFERENT ANGLES, LEVELS AND SOURCES.

You claiming otherwise does not change that. Words are just words. They don't prove anything. All the REAL DATA proves me right. You haven't changed that or disproven anything I've said.

Sure, Taiwan isn't for everyone. But your claim that 90+ percent of foreigners love Taiwan and fit in and vibe well here and get hot girls easily and has the opposite experience is definitely not supported by any data.

How is it that I find people EVERYWHERE who agree with me, yet in your 10 years in Taiwan, you can't even name ONE person who agrees with me about Taiwan? No way! Come on now. Every single local Taiwanese admits that I'm right, yet you can't even find one? And when I show you one, you delete it from your memory banks? lol. Yeah right. It's like I am on a beach and see grains of sand everywhere, yet on a beach, you can't find even one grain of sand? WTF? lol

Why do you ALWAYS FILTER the data to make it look like 99 percent of people have the opposite experience of me Taiwan and don't agree with me? The fact that you filter data means that you have an agenda or strong bias or belief, because people who are seeking the truth DO NOT FILTER information like you keep doing. It's as though you are paid to propagandize about Taiwan. It's very odd and non-objective.

As far as you and Taiwan are concerned, these are the only points I feel which are worth making now:

There is no place in the world which is right for everyone. The corollary is that this is also no place in the world which is wrong for everyone.

You seem to have made it your mission to live in places you hate and focus on broadcasting their faults from your personal POV. If that's your MO, I sure do feel sorry for you pal.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Winston » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:02 am

Banano wrote:Ok Rock

Rock is tall and decent looking. I don't know his age. He doesn't like to tell anyone his age. But I think he insinuated before that he was a little older than me. He looks younger than his age though.

But this isn't about looks really. Everywhere you go in Taiwan, you can see ugly guys in Taiwan with cute girls. The thing is, those ugly dudes are part of Taiwan's insular homogenous culture. They fit in and are part of cliques from school and work. A mainstream Taiwanese girl prefers an ugly dude who fits in rather than a good looking guy who does not fit in.

The problem here is that Westerners can't just come in and fit into Taiwan's homogenous insular culture. It doesn't work that way. That's why Westerners only date from a fringe group of Westernized Asians here.

Taiwan has an insular homogenous culture that is not inclusive, similar to Korea and Japan. Even Repatriate admits this. Thus, a white guy may receive fake polite hospitality here, but he's not going to truly fit in.

Not only am I Westernized, but my personality doesn't fit in at all, in many ways that I've explained already. Plus, the Westernized Asians who like white guys in Taiwan aren't going to be interested in me either. So you see, an Asian American doesn't really have a natural place in Taiwan. It's no wonder why I don't see Asian American guys happy and thriving in Taiwan. They feel out of place too.

If I approached lots of girls in Taipei, it would be like doing the same in NYC. Some girls will have a polite conversation with you. But it won't go anywhere. After a while, they will leave and say "Have a nice day" and never see you again. They will give you fake numbers or screen out your calls or make excuses not to meet you again. You know how it is. In the US, it's like that too.

Does that answer your question?

I can get some women in Taiwan and the US, but they are usually not my type. That's the problem - lack of choices. You get what you don't want, but not what you do want. It's a classic Murphy's Law again.

Even Rock doesn't date attractive girls in Taiwan. He dates tall chubby girls that don't appeal to most guys. He doesn't date women from the local mainstream either. His women tend to be liberal minded, Westernized, and have lived or traveled overseas.

It's all about how you vibe with people or a culture. In the USA, Rock would be considered tall and decent looking too. But the problem is, his personality and inner self would not vibe or jive with American women at all. You see what I mean?
Last edited by Winston on Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Winston
Site Admin

Postby Winston » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:10 am

Rock wrote:As far as you and Taiwan are concerned, these are the only points I feel which are worth making now:

Fine. I agree with those two points. But my point is that what is odd is that you continually filter and spin data to make it LOOK as if 99 percent of people have the opposite experience of me in Taiwan. That's very odd. It's like you're paid to propagandize about Taiwan. I can't explain it otherwise.

It's also peculiar that you can't cite anyone who agrees with me about Taiwan, even though every serious honest Taiwanese will agree with me. Isn't that odd? It's like me standing on a beach where I can find grains of sand EVERYWHERE. But Rock stands on a beach and he can't find even ONE grain of sand! WTF?

Very weird. It's like Rock has some agenda or is paid to propagandize about Taiwan, so he keeps spinning data to make it look like 99 percent of people don't agree with me and have a different experience, when in reality, every honest person (foreigner and Taiwanese) agrees with me, which I've proven time and time again. And you can see it on this forum too.

Deep down, even Rock knows that what I say about Taiwan is TRUE. But for some reason he refuses to admit it, unlike others. I don't know why. Very weird. It's like he has to be politically correct when it comes to Taiwan for some reason.

Bottom line: What I said about Taiwan is VERY ACCURATE. Many here have said so, including Momopi. And every Taiwanese person will admit that their people are not open with strangers the way Westerners are. Westerners do not consider themselves to be open, but Taiwanese do because compared to cold closed NE Asian body language, they are. It's all relative, and this speaks volumes of course, in proving my claim that Taiwanese are not open or easy to meet at all.

This is true in spite of Rock's two points above, which I agree with. The truth is the truth. Some people do like Taiwan. Of course. Some like Korea and Japan too. But does that change anything? Some people like the USA too. Does that disprove everything we've said here about the USA? No, of course not. Either way, my core bottom line points are still TRUE AND ACCURATE regardless, which is supported by vast and multiple forms of data I've presented time and time again. To me, ACCURACY is the bottom line and most important thing.

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Taiwanese are too closed, narrow, uptight, strict, serio

Postby Winston » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:02 pm

Can anyone provide any logical explanations for my questions below?

There's something very weird and negative about Taiwanese people that I can't put my finger on or describe with words. You know what I mean? It goes beyond being closed, narrow and uptight (which they are of course and even admit to). There's something that's off putting that can't be put into words. You know what I mean?

Best way to describe it is like there is a boa constrictor wrapped around your spirit trying to suffocate it. It's like trying to shut and close you up.

I get the strong feeling and impression that underneath their fake smile, most Taiwanese people are looking and seeking for reasons to DISLIKE you, because disliking people (especially if they are different) seems to be in their ROOT NATURE deep down to the core.

There seems to be a lot of deep self-hatred and anger in the Taiwanese psyche which is projected out at others. Perhaps this is why they look for reasons to dislike others as if it's in their instinct to do so. Maybe it's a way of projecting their self-hatred onto others? I sense it in their vibe and face and body language.

Also, the strict serious and nature of the typical Taiwanese face and personality is way too extreme and seems very unnatural, to the point of making their smiles look like a fake act.

I'm not sure how Taiwanese vibe with each other since Taiwanese don't seem to like vibing with others or connecting with others. Very strange. How do Taiwanese couples have chemistry with each other? I don't see a logical way to produce real chemistry with Taiwanese girls. Something about their vibe and personality seems to REPEL chemistry, especially since they seem to be looking for reasons to DISLIKE you. Thus, trying to have chemistry with Taiwanese girls is like trying to bond with antimatter.

The best you can do is form superficial relations with Taiwanese, but not deep ones. So how do couples bond in Taiwan? How do guys with Taiwanese girlfriends bond with them? I don't get it. Maybe they live in an antimatter universe?

These questions are very baffling and harder to solve than Rubiks cube. Chess makes a lot more sense than Taiwanese social and dating dynamics do. Lol

On our Facebook group, someone agreed with me and said:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/86597977757/permalink/10152672370412758/
You are absolutely right Winston. When I was young, I constantly had problems dealing with Taiwanese. My mother constantly project the fault onto me. Being an obedient child I was, I thought something was wrong with me. Strangely, I had far less problems dealing with Chinese kids. But I know that is not my fault after I grew up or else how come I did not have as much problems with Chinese kids? Taiwanese are generally strange and weird people. I guess, both Taiwan and America are highly conforming societies extremely intolerant of differences. The only difference between Taiwan and America, as far as interacting with people is concerned is this: in Taiwan, if you get close to people and talk to them, they will label you strange, deviant even when you did not do anything wrong. In America, if you interact with people, they think you are deviant but they do not say. But sooner or later, a social worker will visit you or a security guard will visit you. You can not vibe with Taiwanese or Americans. Most of them are like repelling magnets.

Note: Rock has admitted to me that he has "given up" on Taiwan dating and that is why he spends all his time in the Philippines now. This speaks volumes and attests to all that I've said in this thread. Yet hardly anyone dares to criticize Taiwan on the internet for some reason. I don't know why. It's weird. Why do people have no guts online to tell it like it is when it comes to Taiwan? I can't explain that either. However, foreigners that I meet in Taiwan in person will usually admit that most of what I've said is true. But for some reason, they do not dare do so online.

Winston
Site Admin

Postby Yohan » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:30 am

Whatever. For sure it can be said, Taiwan is not a place to look around for nice girls. Forget about it. It's a nice transit point and good for a short visit for sightseeing, Weather is nice not so cold like here in Japan or South Korea, but this is it already.

It is a well-known fact, that many Chinese men from Taiwan are looking around for a foreign (but Asian) wife. Not even necessarily a Chinese woman from mainland, but also from Vietnam and other countries and Taiwanese men are even looking around here in Japan.

Taiwan is now something like a feminist society, living standard is fairly good but very much US-orientated. Even more depending on USA than South Korea politically. - I prefer Japan to Taiwan and South Korea, no question about it.
Yohan
Veteran Poster

Postby Winston » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:36 am

Yohan wrote:Whatever. For sure it can be said, Taiwan is not a place to look around for nice girls. Forget about it. It's a nice transit point and good for a short visit for sightseeing, Weather is nice not so cold like here in Japan or South Korea, but this is it already.

It is a well-known fact, that many Chinese men from Taiwan are looking around for a foreign (but Asian) wife. Not even necessarily a Chinese woman from mainland, but also from Vietnam and other countries and Taiwanese men are even looking around here in Japan.

Taiwan is now something like a feminist society, living standard is fairly good but very much US-orientated. Even more depending on USA than South Korea politically. - I prefer Japan to Taiwan and South Korea, no question about it.

I didn't say there weren't nice girls. Anyone can be nice. It's just that you can't connect with them. They are too repressed and insular. They are also way too closed and admit to it too. How do you produce chemistry with that? I don't get it.

And even when you make friends with Taiwanese girls it's always platonic and superficial. There's no way to escalate things. I can't figure it out. It would be easier to figure out rubiks cube or figure out a way to beat the computer in chess at advanced level. Lol

Maybe rock or momopi can explain that one since they've had Taiwanese girlfriends.

It's definitely a thousand times easier to produce chemistry with the girls in the Philippines. Even rock can attest to that.

Winston
Site Admin

Postby Winston » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:34 am

This guy in our Facebook group spoke some real truths about Taiwanese people. He also observed that mainland Chinese women are definitely more approachable than Taiwanese women, which I have noticed as well.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/86597977757?view=permalink&id=10152672370412758&ref=bookmark

Taiwanese are very mean people in general. It is like they try to find reasons to dislike you, to condemn you even when there is really nothing. On their face they look very mean and angry. But not so much on their words. I think that is what you mean and I think I will concur.

Chinese kids from China and even adults from China( for I have being an adult for a long time), based on my experience, they don't show so much disdainfulness toward you. If you talk to them, they generally do not have so many bad attitudes like we find in Taiwan.

In addition, approaching Chinese women is a much easier task than approaching Taiwanese women.

Winston
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand