Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Why is Taiwan so alienating, lonely, disconnected, negative?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Re: Taiwanese are too closed, narrow, uptight, strict, serio

Postby Winston » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:11 pm

Fundamental core differences between me and typical Taiwanese:

1) They are attracted to familiarity and are closed in nature, which they will happily admit to. But I am drawn to novelty and am open minded.
2) They are practical and pragmatic. I am more philosophical and live in the world of ideas.
3) They live to work, literally, and to make a living. I do not. They have no purpose or passion outside of that. But I do.
4) I love to flirt and charm women like a romantic Casanova or Romeo. They see guys who do that as creepy, dirty and freaky. In fact, flirtation is a bad word in the Chinese language I'm told.
5) They are like sheeple and try to think and be like everyone else. I think for myself.

Note that the above is not my imagination. Taiwanese women and even many Chinese women, will admit that the above is true. They are not ashamed to be closed, closed minded or practical. I don't know why.

The above explain why I'm not in my element in Taiwan, and why I get a negative vibe from people, because I can't be myself. Deep down they sense that I'm different and do not like what I am, even if I try to act like them.

I act too carefree, open, passionate, philosophical and intellectual for a Taiwanese. That probably weirds them out. Taiwanese women don't like people who are too different.

I care more about deep truth than about conforming. That makes me a misfit in Taiwan and the collective soul of Taiwan can feel it. So they send me bad vibes.

I also don't act repressed, so they probably see me as too open or inappropriately relaxed from their relative vantage point.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23612
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Re: Taiwanese are too closed, narrow, uptight, strict, serio

Postby Winston » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:45 pm

I don't understand something. I see many ugly nerdy Taiwanese guys with beautiful girlfriends. What do those ugly guys offer them? I don't get it. I have way more money than most of those guys.

I think it's because they are conformists and most girls prefer conformist, not freethinkers. They also fit into Taiwanese culture. When you fit into the local culture you are more attractive even if you are ugly. That's the only explanation I can think of.

A real relationship is about chemistry and connection. However I don't see any way of generating chemistry in Taiwan. The women are very judgmental and critical and are always looking for something to dislike in other people. It seems to be in their nature. Such a personality REPELS chemistry. It cannot create it. So it makes no sense and is a mystery to me.

Also Taiwanese do not show much affection either. So I see no logical way to create chemistry in Taiwan. It's a big mystery.

So I've never understood how Taiwanese couples are able to create chemistry. It seems very illogical.

Listen to this conversation I recorded with my friend Marissa from the Philippines. If you listen to it, you can tell that we have natural chemistry and connection. She gives me many compliments and appreciation and admires my qualities. You can hear it in her words and personality. She makes me feel like a real man.

Here is the link to listen to it online:
Http://www.happierabroad.com/podcasts/marissa_conversation.mp3

This is an example of real chemistry. It's much easier to create chemistry with girls from Philippines than with girls from Taiwan. It seems impossible to create this kind of chemistry in Taiwan. Listen to it and you'll see what I mean.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23612
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Re: Taiwanese are too closed, narrow, uptight, strict, serio

Postby green1976 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:54 pm

What you are describing in a general level in Taiwan,i think it's quit similar to the hi so or hi so trying to be in the social circle in BKK.
These youngsters emulate everything who comes from SK,Taiwan or Japan.
They are even anti farangs sometimes to distance themselves from the poor Thais..all they want is to be like the superstars they saw on Korean TV and they take the same mentality.

Walking in these malls is like walking with weird soulness people who just care about their appearence,shopping possibility and the girls doesn't make me feel a living matter.
So in some way,i think i can touch what you mean about Taiwan.

Yes these women are less in your face agressive and anti male as the US feminist,but it's not a really good deal for me because they are hardly datable and they are totally conformist and i can feel they are not into sex at all.
It's not funny,boring,repetitve,shallow in my opinion
green1976
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 373
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:24 pm

Re: Taiwanese are too closed, narrow, uptight, strict, serio

Postby Banano » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:01 pm

What Winston is talking about is not limited to TW, the same can be said about S Korea, Japan, even hi so Thailand, Bangkok elite is a good example. Foreigners dont get to hook up with those girls, I would say they look down on average westerners who come to visit.
They all act in the same way, cliquish, love with the latest high gadgets, cold zombie like expressions on their face

Thanks to K-pop influence which is corrupting Asian youth making men weak and gay while giving women enormous power.
Banano
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2013
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:26 am

Re: Taiwanese are too closed, narrow, uptight, strict, serio

Postby Billy » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:56 pm

You can find this even in Pattaya. There is the i-bar and above Insomnia. There you can see the elite good looking whores of Pattaya. Mostly you have the chance with them if you are a young rich and good looking farang. It´s still much better than everywhere else but it shows that it´s a matter of what is available to the girls.

When they have money things change dramastically. We all know the PI is extremely poor combined with colonial history it makes easier to being liked by the girls.

In the case of poor ugly Taiwan guys with girlfriends I think this is a case of survivor bias. You don´t see the millions of herbivore man who have given up.

I don´t know if it´s K-Pop. I think Thailand is slightly becoming richer combined with increasing thursty guys who pay more for them also through internet.
Billy
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1144
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:01 pm

Re: Taiwanese are too closed, narrow, uptight, strict, serio

Postby green1976 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:39 pm

Billy wrote:You can find this even in Pattaya. There is the i-bar and above Insomnia. There you can see the elite good looking whores of Pattaya. Mostly you have the chance with them if you are a young rich and good looking farang. It´s still much better than everywhere else but it shows that it´s a matter of what is available to the girls.

When they have money things change dramastically. We all know the PI is extremely poor combined with colonial history it makes easier to being liked by the girls.

In the case of poor ugly Taiwan guys with girlfriends I think this is a case of survivor bias. You don´t see the millions of herbivore man who have given up.

I don´t know if it´s K-Pop. I think Thailand is slightly becoming richer combined with increasing thursty guys who pay more for them also through internet.


This is why the old timer of Thailand now goes to Cambodia or the Philippines.
They say Thai women and ladybars are a lot more selective and are not the same as before.
They know they have the choice now..they have internet and can make some money with desesperate guys.

I came in 2008 and even in short time Pattaya changed..mainly because the coming of Russians but also because bargirls have a lot more options as many young men want to escape women from their land.
green1976
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 373
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:24 pm

Re: Taiwanese are too closed, narrow, uptight, strict, serio

Postby MrBlueLight » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:40 pm

Winston: "OMG, Taiwanese people somehow don't like me, therefore it must be their fault rather than my fault!"
MrBlueLight
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 375
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:55 pm

Re: Taiwanese are too closed, narrow, uptight, strict, serio

Postby Billy » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:29 pm

green1976 wrote:
Billy wrote:You can find this even in Pattaya. There is the i-bar and above Insomnia. There you can see the elite good looking whores of Pattaya. Mostly you have the chance with them if you are a young rich and good looking farang. It´s still much better than everywhere else but it shows that it´s a matter of what is available to the girls.

When they have money things change dramastically. We all know the PI is extremely poor combined with colonial history it makes easier to being liked by the girls.

In the case of poor ugly Taiwan guys with girlfriends I think this is a case of survivor bias. You don´t see the millions of herbivore man who have given up.

I don´t know if it´s K-Pop. I think Thailand is slightly becoming richer combined with increasing thursty guys who pay more for them also through internet.


This is why the old timer of Thailand now goes to Cambodia or the Philippines.
They say Thai women and ladybars are a lot more selective and are not the same as before.
They know they have the choice now..they have internet and can make some money with desesperate guys.

I came in 2008 and even in short time Pattaya changed..mainly because the coming of Russians but also because bargirls have a lot more options as many young men want to escape women from their land.


True times change. Only the one who take risks makes to the girls. Cambodia might be the endgame. After that there is no more cheap love. But still who knows.
Billy
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1144
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:01 pm

Re: Taiwanese are too closed, narrow, uptight, strict, serio

Postby Winston » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:17 am

LOL Look what this guy told me on Facebook. It's very shocking and extreme yet it makes a lot of sense too! LOLOLOLOLOL.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/86597977757?view=permalink&id=10152672370412758

"it is not possible to create relationship or chemistry with a Taiwanese woman. You can not. Relationships between people in Taiwan and America are not relationships. First, the people are completely empty, how can you vibe with completely empty people? If you ask me: how do I vibe with completely empty people, I must tell you, you can not. That question is similar to: how do I drink from an empty bottle? The answer is you can not. Winston, there is no vibe between Taiwanese. A Taiwanese guy does not vibe with a girl. The relationship is completely empty. You think there is a vibe, there is none.

Edited · Like · Delete · 5 hours ago

Winston, think of most of Taiwanese and Americans like this: they are like spoiled little children that you take to a candy store. This candy they do not like, that candy they do not like. They throw tantrum at you and the store owner in the store. There is nothing wrong with the candies and there is nothing wrong with the store. There is everything wrong with the spoiled, rotten children. You can not please them, they will do everything to find faults about you and dislike you.

Like · Delete · 5 hours ago

in Taiwan and America, keep people as distant as you can, be as closed as you can. There is no relationship, there is no vibe. You just can not build one!

Like · Delete · 2 hours ago

if you talk to an unmarried woman in America, you are a pervert. If you talk to a married woman in America, you are a adulterer. In Taiwan, if you talk to anyone, you are a bad person, a criminal. How do you connect with people if the environment is like that? If the people are completely empty inside, how do you vibe with them? For a long time, I had no friend. I thought something was wrong with me. When I got much older, I realized that people really don't have friends in Taiwan and America. When you see people with lots of friends around them, it is just a facade."
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23612
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Re: Taiwanese are too closed, narrow, uptight, strict, serio

Postby starchild5 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:25 am

Taiwan has great food culture though......one of the best in the world. So many varieties of food that I never thought existed in Chinese, Mandarin etc cuisines ..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shilin_Night_Market

Shilin Night Market (Chinese: 士林夜市; pinyin: Shìlín Yèshì) is a night market in the Shilin District of Taipei, Taiwan, and is often considered to be the largest and most famous night market in the city.

The food court holds 539 stalls, and the second floor serves as a parking lot for 400 cars.

I have watched countless youtube videos of this place...Its incredible the amount of different food they serve.

-----------------

I believe a country just needs one or two incredible things to make people alive. Taiwanese are kinda addicted to their great food culture. All food courts are full every night. Perhaps you don't need a girl to fill your empty heart...a great tasty food can make you forget the pain of being alone to some extent. If I'm in Taiwan, I seriously don't need a women with me....I can indulge and forget myself in food. I can look forward to something incredible every night.

A great cook could be too closed, narrow, uptight, strict, serious to make great food :) ...It may not win you love but can make good cuisines :)

Taiwan is like the reverse of Philippines. PH has women but no good food, Taiwan the opposite. In Ph, I don't need great food to keep me going..I have incredible women to fill my empty heart. Taiwanese food is like an art form, Ph women are the closest an artist would portray a women could be.

I think if one looks at what Taiwan is...for good electronics and great food. Its a good place to be...similarly, one cannot go to Philippines and expect great food.
User avatar
starchild5
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1664
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:32 am

Re: Taiwanese are too closed, narrow, uptight, strict, serio

Postby Jester » Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:39 am

Winston, I'm not sure why you PM'd me to look at this thread. I have no connection to TW, no personal interest. I understand that it pays decent for TEFL, maybe second to Korea in Asia.

Other than that I cant see why anyone would go there.

Dating Chinese, and living around Chinese culture and great food, can be done elsewhere. China is an exciting place, and English is spoken in Singapore, Malaysia and Hong Kong.
"Pick a point and go to it."
-- Dr John Hunsucker, speaking about canoeing on Georgia's Lake Lanier, with its irregular shape, and 1000 miles of meandering shoreline
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7869
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

Re: Taiwanese are too closed, narrow, uptight, strict, serio

Postby green1976 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:46 am

starchild5 wrote:Taiwan has great food culture though......one of the best in the world. So many varieties of food that I never thought existed in Chinese, Mandarin etc cuisines ..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shilin_Night_Market

Shilin Night Market (Chinese: 士林夜市; pinyin: Shìlín Yèshì) is a night market in the Shilin District of Taipei, Taiwan, and is often considered to be the largest and most famous night market in the city.

The food court holds 539 stalls, and the second floor serves as a parking lot for 400 cars.

I have watched countless youtube videos of this place...Its incredible the amount of different food they serve.

-----------------

I believe a country just needs one or two incredible things to make people alive. Taiwanese are kinda addicted to their great food culture. All food courts are full every night. Perhaps you don't need a girl to fill your empty heart...a great tasty food can make you forget the pain of being alone to some extent. If I'm in Taiwan, I seriously don't need a women with me....I can indulge and forget myself in food. I can look forward to something incredible every night.

A great cook could be too closed, narrow, uptight, strict, serious to make great food :) ...It may not win you love but can make good cuisines :)

Taiwan is like the reverse of Philippines. PH has women but no good food, Taiwan the opposite. In Ph, I don't need great food to keep me going..I have incredible women to fill my empty heart. Taiwanese food is like an art form, Ph women are the closest an artist would portray a women could be.

I think if one looks at what Taiwan is...for good electronics and great food. Its a good place to be...similarly, one cannot go to Philippines and expect great food.


What is great with Thailand,there is food and women :D
We don't have to take one or the other...we can have it both.
What a great feeling to have a nice feminine Thai girl taking care of your drinks and food in a Thai restaurant eating a very appealing menu.

It's good to live these moments after having a one hour massage for relaxing.
green1976
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 373
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:24 pm

Re: Taiwanese are too closed, narrow, uptight, strict, serio

Postby starchild5 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:15 am

green1976 wrote:
What is great with Thailand,there is food and women :D
We don't have to take one or the other...we can have it both.
What a great feeling to have a nice feminine Thai girl taking care of your drinks and food in a Thai restaurant eating a very appealing menu.

It's good to live these moments after having a one hour massage for relaxing.


I totally agree.. That's why I personally vote Thailand to be the greatest country on earth in this present Civilization. Its like the Egypt or Atlantis of the past. People just don't realize the depth of Thailand until they get battered, defeated in their homeland like many farangs did and now made Thailand their home.

The reason there is mad dash from the west to the east especially to Thailand is for this reason. Their consciousness is waking upto the con and their heart is pulling them to a place..where its natural to be.

A human being just needs few good things in life...A women could do, or good food or good weather or good beach, nightlife, music, culture... add to that Thailand is not even that poor... its infrastructure is much better...Its a semi-developed country.

..It even has good medical care that made it top medical tourist destination in the world. Bangkok was voted the most visited city in the world over taking london and new york before the coup.

Thailand has

1. Great Women

2. Great food.

3. Great weather

4. Great Beaches

5. Great History

6. Martial Arts...Muai Thai

7. Good Infrastructure

8. Song ran festival.

9. Bars, nightlife. etc etc

----------------

Many people don't know ..The reason for it and that's Chinese...The real reason for Thailand being Incredible

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thai_Chinese

Thailand is home to the largest overseas Chinese community in the world with a population of approximately nine million people.

Yep..Its not America or Europe ...

Thai Chinese control 90% of the economy. With their business skills and intelligence they transformed a sleepy fishing village to the greatest country on earth....NO Its not America...That's for brainwashed sheeps of earth....People are slowly realizing the true worth of Thailand now...

Chinese in Thailand do not have controlling narrow minded view of Taiwanese or mainlanders....They are the ones who own majority of land that bars thrives on in Pattaya and bangkok

Chinese in Thailand have more open minded view like Winston...Perhaps they were both from the same region in China in the past :)
User avatar
starchild5
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1664
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:32 am

Re: Taiwanese are too closed, narrow, uptight, strict, serio

Postby Jester » Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:45 am

green1976 wrote:
What is great with Thailand,there is food and women :D
We don't have to take one or the other...we can have it both.
What a great feeling to have a nice feminine Thai girl taking care of your drinks and food in a Thai restaurant eating a very appealing menu.

It's good to live these moments after having a one hour massage for relaxing.


:D :D :D :D :D :D
"Pick a point and go to it."
-- Dr John Hunsucker, speaking about canoeing on Georgia's Lake Lanier, with its irregular shape, and 1000 miles of meandering shoreline
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7869
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

Re: Taiwanese are too closed, narrow, uptight, strict, serio

Postby Winston » Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:36 am

Check out what this Taiwanese girl I met on OkCupid before told me about why she was happier in Australia than in Taiwan. It corroborates what I said about the weird CLOSED nature of Taiwanese people and how hard it is to make real friends there. So you see, I'm right after all!

"And I have to say. I do not Understand this place too !! I was much happier n free when I was in OZ. In TW, there are so many rules. Well I mean the rules in everyone's mind. Like if u do not think like what they think, ur called a freak . Sorry even I'm Taiwanese, I do not like some culture here. Especially the "restrictions" of one's mind. Also, when u work here, colleagues are hard to be frds, even u guys talks a lot but when shit happened , they become ur enemies straight away. Maybe this happens everywhere, I do not know. I always feel hard to make new frds here. Ppl are nicer in OZ. So somehow I can understand how u feel!"

So you see mrbluelight, the problem is NOT me after all, you lying asshole!
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23612
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests