Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Why is Taiwan so alienating, lonely, disconnected, negative?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby momopi » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:19 pm

* When meeting someone for the first time, it's usually better to be overly formal than overly informal. This of course depends on the time and place. If you were invited to a beer house, you're expected to "loosen up" and engage in drinking games & sing KTV.

* For more formal situations, act calm, reserved, and indirect. Limit your direct eye contact, too much is disrespectful (why are you staring at me?), and too little is also disrespectful (why aren't you looking at me when we're talking?). Pace your direct eye contact to 1/4 to 1/3rd of the conversation. When not looking at the other person, look down and don't let your eyes wander off to the side.

* When someone is expressing interest in you, they may speak indirectly and say something like "I feel we have a lot of yuanfen (緣分)". Understand that yuanfen is a very open ended concept, unlike "red thread of fate". In mythology, the old man of the Moon is a match-maker demi-god, who ties couples with an invisible red thread of fate. Whoever that is tied is destined to become lovers. Yuanfen implies that you are fated to meet, but does not mean that you're destinted to be a couple. Thus, your future relaitonship with the person is open ended.

* In establishing a relationship, instead of the man being the sole driving force in courting and seducing the girl, there's more emphasis on meeting halfway. Again, this would depend on the time and place. If you were at a Korean booking club, you should not expect the girls being dragged to your table to be in a good mood ("I was on my way to the restroom!").

* Relationship between a man and a women has more in common across cultural boundries, than cultural differences. A man might point to a rainbow and say "Tea, Red, Blue, Jade, Yellow, Purple, White, Black" in color, and the women might point to the same rainbow and say "Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, Violet" in color. But it's still the same rainbow.

* The word flirt means to to court triflingly or act amorously without serious intentions. When taken negatively it means the person is just playing with you. Again, you need to look at the time and place. If you're at at a beer house where everyone is expected to "let loose", being coquet to the pretty waitress adds to the fun atomsphere. But doing so on the first date with a girl may not be well received.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4711
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:44 am
Location: Orange County, California







Postby Winston » Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:35 am

A video rant I made about Taiwan.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyhbnUdw3bU[/youtube]
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23612
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby celery2010 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:28 am

wow, you're actually pretty articulate- didn't watch the whole video, but your best bet may be to try and win over girls on your personality.

You should target countries like Holland, Germany and Scandinavia, where a high level of English is spoken, or Eastern Europe/France, where intellectualism is respected and highly valued.

If a girl finds you intriguing or interesting, you just may have a possible shot.
celery2010
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 320
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:18 pm

Postby chanta76 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:50 am

OK...what does Taiwan , South Korea, and Japan have in common? They are all 3 economic strong countries. More so than Thailand, Philippines and yes even China.

OK what else does Taiwan , South Korea and Japan have in common? Strong education and women in those countries are educated with upward mobility. In other words the women in those countries are becoming more westernize .

Ok what else does Taiwan , South Korea and Japan have in common? Strong middle class...where as the Philippines, Thailand and yes even China does not have. So the families can support the daughters where as in country like the Philippines it would be the daughter who would have to support the family.

OK what else does Taiwan , South Korea and Japan have in common? The men in those countries are becoming more beta and putting the p***y up on the pedestal. At least for South Korea it's not as bad as America...

Ok what else do they have in common? TV super opera and pop culture that creates a fantasy of what a man should be. This is what happened in the west to . Where girls have a fantasy in how a guy should be like. Sometimes unrealistic fantasy.

Where as in poorer Asian countries ..it's more practical I think.

So why is Winston struggling in Taiwan. Just like the same reason why he struggled in USA.
chanta76
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1494
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:56 pm

Postby momopi » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:13 am

http://www.wanchuanlin.org/papers/brides.pdf

To put things in perspective, Taiwan has population of 23 million, and over the past 2 decades, they imported over 400,000 foreign brides.

Common sense would tell you that, if it was easy for local men to get GF's, then they wouldn't have to import that many from abroad. This is plainly obvious and requires no discussion. If you're expecting Taiwanese men to "talk openly" about the dating issues and such, the reason why they don't bother with it is not because it's a taboo subject. It's because they didn't sit on their ass all day on some internet forum, they went abroad and brought back >400,000 brides. Like the banner in Chinese factory reads, "TALK LESS, DO MORE".

Foreign men with certain desirable attributes are in a different market from local men. There is a small % of the population who desire foreigners and they can be successful with the right people. Successful does not mean "point and click" in cold pick-ups. I suspect those who are most vocal on the internet forums are probably the ones who haven't had a date in America in 5 years, goes to Asia and find a GF within the first couple of months, and now they feel like they're Don Juan talking smack. You can always tell the (lack of) character and maturity of the person by his self-centered bragging & put-downs on local men/culture/people/etc. Basically these guys have like no real accomplishments in life, so they have somehow feel superior on the internet.

Here's a subject that's under the rugs: after importing >400,000 brides from abroad, TW's gender ratio for marriage age men and women barely touched 1:1 briefly. If you do the calculation, it's just not possible with the natural birth ratio of 1.05 : 1.0 plus 400,000 import brides in 20 year span. So what's going on? Female babies in TW are being aborted in sex-selection abortions. Everyone talks about the gender imbalance in China and India, but has anyone looked at Taiwan?

http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/front/a ... 2003520201
Last edited by momopi on Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4711
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:44 am
Location: Orange County, California

Postby green1976 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:30 pm

Talking in account all these 400 000 guys who went to find a bride abroad,what happen to their females counterparts who have these males vacuum?

We don't hear a backlash of Taiwanese ladies going abroad to find a partner.

It's the same story as in the West.

The answer is that these women are so selfish,sexually dead and conformist..that they prefer to stay alone compensating by buying a cat or a dog,but in no way they would drop out there stuck up attitude.
They are clearly dead.

They would not lower their crazy standard as they say and could not give a f**k if their Taiwanese males go abroad to find a wife.

Let's see how this trend start to impact them if this get out of control and a majority of Taiwanese guys go abroad.

The main lesson i learned regarding this fact in Taiwan but that apply to most of Western countries and similar,is that these women don't have a problem by staying alone all their life.

They prefer to be full of neuroticism and mental diseases,be on the paranoid side but never they would drop out their bubble defensive anti male attitude and be more human by finally accepting a more realistic natural way of life.

The whole society in Taiwan,females and males are responsible in this matter.

You don't want to be a casualty,you just f**k off.
green1976
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 373
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:24 pm

Postby momopi » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:37 pm

green1976 wrote:Talking in account all these 400 000 guys who went to find a bride abroad,what happen to their females counterparts who have these males vacuum?


Look on page 8 here:
http://www.wanchuanlin.org/papers/brides.pdf

Even with importing >400,000 brides, the gender ratio barely touched 1:1 briefly on the chart.

There is no "vacuum" because the natural birth rate results in more males than females, and TW's sex-selection abortion has increased that ratio even further. This, is a topic that's "under the rug". Also, TW's low birth rate is not because young couples are not having sex and getting pregnant, it's because of the high rate of abortion:

http://blogs.independent.co.uk/2012/01/ ... in-taiwan/

"Sex-selective abortions in Taiwan create a serious gender imbalance, which is second only to that of China. Between 2004 and 2010, the Taiwanese gender ratio at birth was between 108 and 112 boys for every 100 girls, compared to the worldwide average ratio of around 106 males to 100 females. The government estimated that there were around 3,000 ‘missing’ female babies each year.

Taiwan has an amazingly high number of abortions each year. The official figure is around 90,000 but experts estimate more than 300,000 occur annually in a country whose population is only 23 million."
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4711
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:44 am
Location: Orange County, California

Postby DevilsAdvocate » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:07 pm

Winston wrote:A video rant I made about Taiwan.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyhbnUdw3bU[/youtube]




Winston, I want you to try a new approach with these women. Instead of being the way you are and the way everybody else is, stir up the pot.

Go up to a girl and just act like you are crazy nuts over her and want to f**k her brains out. Say to her, "girl you are holding", "I want to take you back to my place and have you sit your butt down on my face".

"What color are your panties"? "I want to see your panties and see, smell, and taste what's in them"....

Another words use shock when you talk with them. You'll find that some of them will love it and an electric pulse will go through their bodies down into their vagina and they really will want to sit down on your face.

I say f**k society and it's f***ing bullshit, f**k what everybody else thinks or says, they are all a bunch of f***ing rejects. If you want something out of life, GO f***ing GET IT, and tell society to go f**k itself....

Break down the woman's wall of defense with sex, show them and tell them that you want to have sex with them, and that you can barely stand it any longer without ripping off their panties and diving in head first....

Talk dirty to them like they never been talked to before, and be the boldest person they ever met before.

Their panties will be soaked....

Signed,

Devils Advocate
DevilsAdvocate
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 293
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:41 pm

Postby green1976 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:18 pm

DevilsAdvocate wrote:
Winston wrote:A video rant I made about Taiwan.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyhbnUdw3bU[/youtube]




Winston, I want you to try a new approach with these women. Instead of being the way you are and the way everybody else is, stir up the pot.

Go up to a girl and just act like you are crazy nuts over her and want to f**k her brains out. Say to her, "girl you are holding", "I want to take you back to my place and have you sit your butt down on my face".

"What color are your panties"? "I want to see your panties and see, smell, and taste what's in them"....

Another words use shock when you talk with them. You'll find that some of them will love it and an electric pulse will go through their bodies down into their vagina and they really will want to sit down on your face.

I say f**k society and it's f***ing bullshit, f**k what everybody else thinks or says, they are all a bunch of f***ing rejects. If you want something out of life, GO f***ing GET IT, and tell society to go f**k itself....

Break down the woman's wall of defense with sex, show them and tell them that you want to have sex with them, and that you can barely stand it any longer without ripping off their panties and diving in head first....

Talk dirty to them like they never been talked to before, and be the boldest person they ever met before.

Their panties will be soaked....

Signed,

Devils Advocate



It wouldn't work at all ROFL.
I think that Winston would end up in a police station rather than putting a Taiwanese girl is his bed.

They would get totally offended by his behaviour if he tries to start in the way you propose.

They already feel threatened when a soft spoken feminine guy propose them to go to eat an ice cream..so imagine what would be the outcome if Winston do as you say :lol:
green1976
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 373
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:24 pm

Postby green1976 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:22 pm

momopi wrote:
green1976 wrote:Talking in account all these 400 000 guys who went to find a bride abroad,what happen to their females counterparts who have these males vacuum?


Look on page 8 here:
http://www.wanchuanlin.org/papers/brides.pdf

Even with importing >400,000 brides, the gender ratio barely touched 1:1 briefly on the chart.

There is no "vacuum" because the natural birth rate results in more males than females, and TW's sex-selection abortion has increased that ratio even further. This, is a topic that's "under the rug". Also, TW's low birth rate is not because young couples are not having sex and getting pregnant, it's because of the high rate of abortion:

http://blogs.independent.co.uk/2012/01/ ... in-taiwan/

"Sex-selective abortions in Taiwan create a serious gender imbalance, which is second only to that of China. Between 2004 and 2010, the Taiwanese gender ratio at birth was between 108 and 112 boys for every 100 girls, compared to the worldwide average ratio of around 106 males to 100 females. The government estimated that there were around 3,000 ‘missing’ female babies each year.

Taiwan has an amazingly high number of abortions each year. The official figure is around 90,000 but experts estimate more than 300,000 occur annually in a country whose population is only 23 million."


Well effectively the vacuum part doesn't exist as they selectively abort more females than males,that's true.

This gender disparity is nothing good for the whole society and even for males.

By the way,what i implied in "the better being alone attitude" doesn't get in any way changed and for sure more and more Taiwanese men will seek foreign brides as they are not welcomed by their Taiwanese women.
green1976
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 373
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:24 pm

Postby Winston » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:49 am

Check out this comment in my Guestbook. This Taiwanese New Zealander also says he feels like he can't be himself in Taiwan. So you see, I'm not the only one!

http://www.ultraguest.com/view/1200586414

Name Ted
Date 2012-05-26
Location
Message As a Taiwanese New Zealander, nearly everything you've described here I have to agree.

After having been in New Zealand for 5 years of my early childhood and then moving back to study in Taiwan for 4 years and then back to New Zealand, I have only realised that four years of my life were wasted on something that I do not value at all. All the positive values that were ingrained in me in my earlier years just could not be put to use. It is as sick, twisted, and demented as you could call it.

And yes I found it really hard to "be myself" in that sort of society where they don't appreciate individuality but condemn or demean individual endeavors and characteristics. That was what I have been feeling for quite an extended amount of time.

I appreciate your work here on this website and being true to your own heart and speak for your own truth. There are lots of challenges ahead of me to redevelop these courageous, loving qualities that I truly valued.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23612
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby Winston » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:56 pm

Another letter I received. Not sure if he/she is an ABC, but it sounds like it.

"Hi Winston.

I had written in your contact form but I want to know your personal
experiences. What I hate most about living in Taiwan is that I always am
treated like an outsider, simply because I didn't spend my entire life in
Taiwan and speak Chinese with an accent. I don't like to be asked where I
come from, which I get all the time when I talk to people. I've already
been living in Taiwan long term (8 years) and feel so tired about how hard
it is to fit in. I also don't like mentioning how I grew up in the US or
abroad, since many people are not accepting and will make fun of you for
it, because it proves that you are different from them. It makes me
paranoid to be around others simply because I know that they will make a
big deal out of it. When I'm in other countries or talking to different
races, it is much less stressful because they won't judge you because you
grew up in a different country or speak with an accent. I have been
discriminated from jobs because employers say they don't want foreigners,
although it's illegal to discriminate based on gender, age, race, country
of birth, etc. "
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23612
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby Falcon » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:24 am

In rural China, people also ask me where I'm from. But it's all due to friendliness and curiosity. They would always think I'm a Chinese national from a different province, since I don't speak Putonghua (standard Mandarin) with a foreign accent. In fact, the reason I get asked that is because my Putonghua is just "too good," since all the local country bumpkins speak the local "fangyan's" (dialects). Plus they speak Putonghua with heavy rural accents when they do have to use it.

Usually I say I'm from some southeastern Chinese province, since accents there are not that different from Taiwanese accents. They are almost always delighted to have me around, and would never exclude me, judge me, or discriminate against me for being a non-local.

Many urban Taiwanese, urban Cantonese, and urban Shanghainese youths can be quite cliquish, though many others are also quite open. This is just the way it is with some wealthy, urban areas with distinctive identities and languages. Most other Chinese will not be quite as cliquish.
Falcon
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1654
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:59 pm

Postby Teal Lantern » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:43 am

Maybe, in Taiwan, you're better off being alone. :roll:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z25U8fyVhh

'Who the hell uses his tongue on the first kiss?' Woman's fury after boyfriend tried to give her a French kiss (and now he's been charged with sexual harassment)
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
User avatar
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2686
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:48 pm
Location: Briar Patch, Universe 25

Postby zboy1 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:39 pm

Teal Lantern wrote:Maybe, in Taiwan, you're better off being alone. :roll:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z25U8fyVhh

'Who the hell uses his tongue on the first kiss?' Woman's fury after boyfriend tried to give her a French kiss (and now he's been charged with sexual harassment)


WOW! Are you kidding me! Seems like Taiwanese women have become just as bad as American women, smh! This is what Westernization will do to a country...
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4445
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:33 am

PreviousNext

Return to Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests