Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


The Pros and Cons of Taiwan: What other sites don't tell you

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby Winston » Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:14 am

eurobrat wrote:Wait here's another interesting quote:

"By the same token, do not think Taiwanese are a bunch of naive virgins ripe for the taking. Taiwanese females can spot a loser at a thousand paces just as well as anyone else can. If you couldn't get a date in the States, you probably won't get one here either."

http://www.michaelturton.com/Taiwan/social.html


That page is funny. The guy in it admits that white guys do get with unattractive girls in Asia. Here is what he wrote:

http://www.michaelturton.com/Taiwan/social.html

This passage generates many hilariously indignant emails from Taiwanese males, who argue that westerners marry the ugly Taiwanese girls. This is also a comment I have heard in person. For example, we were at the MOF the other day processing visas, and a woman looked at me, my wife, and my daughter, and then snorted to my wife,"thank heaven the girl takes after your husband."

The reality is that the Taiwanese critique is actually true. Taiwanese males tend to prefer underfed, out-of-shape, pasty, white-skinned creatures who look like they might expire at any moment. Westerners tend to marry the darker-skinned, healthy-looking girls who actually possess brains, muscles and secondary sex characteristics. Each finds the other's women unattractive. One man's meat......


He then posts a picture of his wife:

My wife in Goa, India, in 1991. Eat your hearts out, Taiwanese men! Never have I been in a country where so many great women were so consistently ignored by so many men around them. In Taiwan strong, beautiful women with broad features, bronze skin and freckles like my wife are considered ugly.


Image

His wife looks ok. I've seen white guys date far worse.

Oh wait, that was her in 1991. Here is what she looks like now I guess.

Image

Oh well. I guess she's attainable.

I should invite that guy to post here. lol
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23612
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm







Postby Winston » Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:48 am

eurobrat wrote:I don't know who to believe, is their a 3rd party opinion we can get an opinion from?


Yes. I've cited many third party sources, remember, such as Sean, who's been in Taiwan as long as Rock has. Did you see his letter I posted? And also Mark and Ann, who have been in Taiwan longer than Rock has, and also think that Rock's claims are unbelievable and don't buy them. See what they said here:

http://www.happierabroad.com/forum/view ... 6645#86645

You can contact Ann yourself on FB at the link I posted here:

http://www.happierabroad.com/forum/view ... hp?t=14259

Also, if you want, you can PM Momopi. He doesn't like to get into debates. But you can PM him and ask whether in reality, TW girls are easy to randomly cold approach and pick up.

In addition, you can read Ethan_sg's posts here about Taiwan, and how it's a stuck up culture where women aren't that approachable. See what he wrote in the "Traveling in China" thread comparing Taiwanese and Chinese. What he wrote also confirms my proven observations, albeit in a more low key manner.

Furthermore, the fact that you find my insights on America to be very true, logically raises the probability that I'm right about Taiwan as well.

Consider also this:

Rock's arguments can also be applied to America. For example, he claimed that if I go to Taipei, he can take me to places where I can see many couples. So what? I can take you to places in America where you can see lots of couples too. Does that make the USA a dating paradise where women are easy to approach and pick up?! Does that make all my claims about the US dating scene wrong? Does that make Steve Hoca's videos about the horrible dating scene for men untrue?

See what I mean? Showing me many couples in public places isn't evidence of a dating paradise. I can do the same in the US, but it'd prove nothing.

Rock's claims are also disproven by basic logic:

1. Since everyone in Taiwan admits that Taiwan girls (under middle age) are very closed to strangers (bao so), that makes it an objective fact. Therefore, Taiwan CANNOT possibly be an easy country to pick up girls in since they are not even open or approachable. Duh.
2. Since flirting is considered bad and creepy in Taiwan (even the word itself is a bad word in Chinese), and Taiwan girls hate flirtation in general, then obviously flirting, approaching or picking up girls in Taiwan is considered inappropriate, according to its culture. Given that, again, there's no way that Taiwan can be a dating paradise where girls are easy to pick up or approach. Not being allowed to flirt is a tremendous handicap and highly indicative of a prudish culture.

This is a no brainer. The only question left is, WTF is Rock smoking?!
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23612
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby eurobrat » Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:13 pm

....
Last edited by eurobrat on Fri May 24, 2013 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2267
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:18 am

Postby eurobrat » Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:16 pm

...
Last edited by eurobrat on Fri May 24, 2013 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2267
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:18 am

Postby Repatriate » Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:29 pm

Winston wrote:Wait here's another interesting quote:
My wife in Goa, India, in 1991. Eat your hearts out, Taiwanese men! Never have I been in a country where so many great women were so consistently ignored by so many men around them. In Taiwan strong, beautiful women with broad features, bronze skin and freckles like my wife are considered ugly.


I've heard various other white western guys say things like this before. I think it does make a lot of sense though. The world is constantly assailed with media images of the top 1% of beautiful white western women. The reality is that most white women are pretty damn ugly. The comparison with pre-op masculine asian lady-boys is apt in most cases. In many cases that's being generous. Since a lot of western women are very fat too. So a lot of guys go to asia and see these women who are below 150 lbs and have decent unblemished skin and faces and arms that aren't bloated with cellulite then assume they must have died and gone to heaven. It's just that the bar is so low in countries like the U.S. that nearly anything is a step up.


Image

This guy's wife isn't a total hag or anything but she'd easily be considered average to below average in SE Asia. I wouldn't give her a second glance in Bangkok. Now that she's put on more years she's considered an old over the hill auntie in Asia. However in the U.S. she'd still find loads of horny desperate men courting her..some of them with money to throw around too. That's just how it is. It's all location and culture. Anglo western culture has truly f***ed its women up (i'm including immigrant women too) to the point of no return.

Speaking of western men dating horrible looking women. I was on the MRt the other day and saw this average looking middle aged western guy with a horrendous looking Thai woman. She looked like a som tam street seller.. fat, ugly face, ratty hair, bad skin. I thought for a minute that she might actually be the mother in law or something..but no she was his wife or girlfriend. :lol:
Repatriate
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2533
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:39 pm

Postby patrick » Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:29 pm

She's allright looking, just a bit to dark by my taste.
White women are not as ugly as you describe they are. Top 1% is 20% in my opinion allthough the US might be different then other western countries. They are also more sexual then Asian women.
Don't forget Asian women use truckloads of make-up and always wear high heels to cover up their short legs.
patrick
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu May 24, 2012 3:29 pm
Location: Canada

Postby Repatriate » Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:35 pm

patrick wrote:She's allright looking, just a bit to dark by my taste.
White women are not as ugly as you describe they are. Top 1% is 20% in my opinion allthough the US might be different then other western countries. They are also more sexual then Asian women.

That's up for debate. I find that most guys from the U.S. are very loose with the standards of what they consider attractive. Personally, I find the vast majority of white American women to be very ugly. That's why asian and non-indio looking hispanic immigrant women are so popular in the U.S. The fact is that most white american women don't retain their looks past the teen years. Then there's the super-hot 1% in the media.
Don't forget Asian women use truckloads of make-up and always wear high heels to cover up their short legs.

I will gander that i've seen way more asian women than you have with or without makeup to know this isn't true. A lot of asian women have long legs and attractive figures and at all age groupings.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2533
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:39 pm

Postby zboy1 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:51 pm

patrick wrote:She's allright looking, just a bit to dark by my taste.
White women are not as ugly as you describe they are. Top 1% is 20% in my opinion allthough the US might be different then other western countries. They are also more sexual then Asian women.
Don't forget Asian women use truckloads of make-up and always wear high heels to cover up their short legs.


I do think some white females are more attractive than Asian females. I personally don't understand why white males have such a fascination with Asian females; I find Latinas, Russians, and Indian women far more attractive because of their curvy bodies and nice-sized boobies (which Asian females lack). Why the glorification of Asian females is beyond my comprehension sometimes!
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4445
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:33 am

Postby Repatriate » Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:54 pm

zboy1 wrote:
patrick wrote:She's allright looking, just a bit to dark by my taste.
White women are not as ugly as you describe they are. Top 1% is 20% in my opinion allthough the US might be different then other western countries. They are also more sexual then Asian women.
Don't forget Asian women use truckloads of make-up and always wear high heels to cover up their short legs.


I do think some white females are more attractive than Asian females. I personally don't understand why white males have such a fascination with Asian females; I find Latinas, Russians, and Indian women far more attractive because of their curvy bodies and nice-sized boobies (which Asian females lack). Why the glorification of Asian females is beyond my comprehension sometimes!


Here's my opinion..the majority of white women are ugly but there's a small percent 1% or less who are incredibly attractive. The 1% are way more attractive than even the 1% of asian women.. in figure etc.. I honestly don't see many asian women who can match Charlize Theron.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2533
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:39 pm

Postby patrick » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:49 pm

Repatriate wrote:
patrick wrote:She's allright looking, just a bit to dark by my taste.
White women are not as ugly as you describe they are. Top 1% is 20% in my opinion allthough the US might be different then other western countries. They are also more sexual then Asian women.

That's up for debate. I find that most guys from the U.S. are very loose with the standards of what they consider attractive. Personally, I find the vast majority of white American women to be very ugly. That's why asian and non-indio looking hispanic immigrant women are so popular in the U.S. The fact is that most white american women don't retain their looks past the teen years. Then there's the super-hot 1% in the media.
Don't forget Asian women use truckloads of make-up and always wear high heels to cover up their short legs.

I will gander that i've seen way more asian women than you have with or without makeup to know this isn't true. A lot of asian women have long legs and attractive figures and at all age groupings.


Well, there you answer the question yourself. White American women. I have seen a few beautiful American women but also a lot of not attractive ones. Sometimes there are white american women with beautiful faces but just ruin it for themselves with their low loud voices, hoodies/sweatshirts and fat asses from to much hamburgers.

Every Asian or anyone who has spent a lot of time in Asia knows Asian women use more makeup then western women. It's completely normal to have a face completely covered in whitening makeup, makeup to let the eyes look bigger etc.

As for the long legs. Maybe in the colder areas of Asia you can find some taller women with long legs. In the rest of Asia and especially the Southeast the majority is short with short legs.
As for attractive figures. Some have attractive figures but most are skinny with no tits and ass. It probably depends on your point of view. If you're surrounded by fat obese women in the US any random average Asian woman will look better. It means you have low standards. It's not a fact as you want to say.
patrick
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu May 24, 2012 3:29 pm
Location: Canada

Postby patrick » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:55 pm

Repatriate wrote:
zboy1 wrote:
patrick wrote:She's allright looking, just a bit to dark by my taste.
White women are not as ugly as you describe they are. Top 1% is 20% in my opinion allthough the US might be different then other western countries. They are also more sexual then Asian women.
Don't forget Asian women use truckloads of make-up and always wear high heels to cover up their short legs.


I do think some white females are more attractive than Asian females. I personally don't understand why white males have such a fascination with Asian females; I find Latinas, Russians, and Indian women far more attractive because of their curvy bodies and nice-sized boobies (which Asian females lack). Why the glorification of Asian females is beyond my comprehension sometimes!


Here's my opinion..the majority of white women are ugly but there's a small percent 1% or less who are incredibly attractive. The 1% are way more attractive than even the 1% of asian women.. in figure etc.. I honestly don't see many asian women who can match Charlize Theron.


I don't like Charlize Theron, i don't find her very attractive. I like the brown Taiwanese girl in the picture a few posts before better.
patrick
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu May 24, 2012 3:29 pm
Location: Canada

Postby Repatriate » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:56 pm

patrick wrote:
Repatriate wrote:
zboy1 wrote:
patrick wrote:She's allright looking, just a bit to dark by my taste.
White women are not as ugly as you describe they are. Top 1% is 20% in my opinion allthough the US might be different then other western countries. They are also more sexual then Asian women.
Don't forget Asian women use truckloads of make-up and always wear high heels to cover up their short legs.


I do think some white females are more attractive than Asian females. I personally don't understand why white males have such a fascination with Asian females; I find Latinas, Russians, and Indian women far more attractive because of their curvy bodies and nice-sized boobies (which Asian females lack). Why the glorification of Asian females is beyond my comprehension sometimes!


Here's my opinion..the majority of white women are ugly but there's a small percent 1% or less who are incredibly attractive. The 1% are way more attractive than even the 1% of asian women.. in figure etc.. I honestly don't see many asian women who can match Charlize Theron.


I don't like Charlize Theron, i don't find her very attractive. I like the brown Taiwanese girl in the picture a few posts before better.


You like ugly women then. Shrug. To each his own.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2533
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:39 pm

Postby ryanx » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:13 am

I am. I am eating healthy and corresponding with girls from China. Don't take out your insecurities on me.

Your statements aren't really true. I have good fashion sense. Ask women. They like taking me shopping with them, because I am good at picking out what looks good on them, and mixing matching colors. When a girl asks me "Does this look good on me?" I don't just say yes or not. I give REASONS why or why it doesn't look good on her. Women respect my fashion sense when it comes to helping them pick out clothes.


Isn't that what gay friends do?

My problem is that my tastes and preferences don't match my looks.


Yes we know! :lol:
ryanx
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 283
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:08 am

Postby Winston » Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:47 pm

eurobrat wrote:Either way the culture does seem rather closed off and very conservative.


Yes, there is this extreme stiffness and uptightness that you don't find in other countries, even in the USA. This goes for Taiwan, Japan, Korea, Hong Kong and Singapore it seems. In Taiwan, it's considered normal, so no one talks about it openly. It's also taboo to say anything negative about the people of any country.

Anyway, I see no way in hell that Rock's claim that 80 percent of random schmucks can walk into Taiwan and pick up a girl easily, can possibly be true. So I have to wonder what he's smoking.

There's a paradox I can't figure out. I know for a fact that:

1. Girls here have a cold wall around them and are not open with strangers. But even when you do meet girls...
2. They are super picky and flake out a lot. I can't even get any responses from Taiwan girls from personal ads on dating sites.

Every local Taiwanese has admitted the above when I describe it. Thus these are objective facts.

Now, given the above, how is it that certain guys, like Rock and a few others, tell me that "everyone else here has no problem getting girls except you"?

How to explain this paradox? I've been trying to figure this out for years.

How do other guys here meet girls exactly, since they aren't open with strangers?

In other countries, girls are much more open and relaxed in comparison. Even in America, they are a little less cold. I also heard that "flirting" is a bad word in Taiwan. Trying to get dates feels like the most unnatural thing. Every little thing seems to go against me.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23612
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby Winston » Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:58 pm

eurobrat wrote:Well I don't know why Winston's having such a bad experience in Taiwan then.

Maybe he's not trying hard enough or he's trying too hard.


Eurobrat, the simple answer to your question is this:

I am having a hard time in Taiwan because:

1. Girls here have a cold wall around them and are not open with strangers. But even when you do meet girls...
2. They are super picky and flake out a lot. I can't even get any responses from Taiwan girls from personal ads on dating sites.

Those are the two major obstacles. They are not hard to understand.

But do you see what I mean? You asked Rock a critical question, and he has no real explanation or solution. All he can say is "some guys can't" without a good explanation that is testable. If he was right about Taiwan being an easy place to get a girlfriend in, then he would have a logical explanation or solution that I could use to get girls here. But he doesn't. In a sense, he is the one who has FAILED, not me, because he has FAILED to prove that Taiwan is a dating paradise, whereas I never claimed it was.

For years, he has failed to give a simple solution to the following:

- How to get Taiwan girls to stop and talk to you. They always walk on by you like you don't exist, no matter what you say.
- How to stop them from flaking out. Even when you meet them, they often flake or are only platonic, which is no fun.
- How to overcome their super cold wall and super pickiness.
- How to create chemistry with them if they are prudish and platonic with you, and see flirting as a negative thing.

If Taiwan was an easy dating culture, Rock would have a solution to the above that I can easily implement that would WORK! But he doesn't. I've asked him to provide a solution to the above, and he has none. All he does is speak in vague obscure terms.

What does that tell you??? Use common sense.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23612
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests