Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Are China women becoming picky?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Are China women becoming picky?

Postby MatureDJ » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:57 am

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/20 ... ier#r=read

They seem to be heightist as well. :x
MatureDJ
Freshman Poster

Postby Bane » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:16 pm

In a way though, what do you expect to happen when there are 115 men for every 100 women in China?
"A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world." -Oscar Wilde

"Invincibility is in oneself, vulnerability is in the opponent" -Sun Tzu
Bane
Freshman Poster

Postby xiongmao » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:02 pm

I've found Chinese women fairly picky. But this is offset by there being just so many of them.

Also the tables are turned once a woman reaches 35. Older women find it exceedingly hard to find a partner in China. It's good news for us guys though!
In February 2013 I quit my boring job and now I'm Happier Abroad...
Do YOU want to date beautiful foreign women? Find out which country's women are best for you, and which dating site to look for them on!
Plus, if you like Asian girls, then check out my free Asian dating site.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Postby Everdred » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:45 pm

Chinese women are extremely picky, possibly more than American women, but mostly only towards Chinese men. During my years in China, if I ever tried to set up a Chinese guy with a Chinese girl, she would always want to know the same info about him - how tall is he, what is his job, does he own an apartment, does he own a car, is he handsome, and so forth. Generally, these rules don't apply so much to foreign men in China, because at least they have something most Chinese men don't - a ticket out of China. Foreign men are also somewhat exotic in China, so Chinese women will think some foreign men are more attractive than your average Chinese guy.

Of course it's better if a foreign guy can have some of these things, but Chinese women will be much more lenient with foreign men than with Chinese men. So if you're a foreign guy in China that's tall, has a high-paying job, owns an apartment, owns a car, and is handsome, well you could pick any damn woman you want in the entire country!
Everdred
Freshman Poster

Postby publicduende » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:55 pm

Everdred wrote:Chinese women are extremely picky, possibly more than American women, but mostly only towards Chinese men. During my years in China, if I ever tried to set up a Chinese guy with a Chinese girl, she would always want to know the same info about him - how tall is he, what is his job, does he own an apartment, does he own a car, is he handsome, and so forth. Generally, these rules don't apply so much to foreign men in China, because at least they have something most Chinese men don't - a ticket out of China. Foreign men are also somewhat exotic in China, so Chinese women will think some foreign men are more attractive than your average Chinese guy.

Of course it's better if a foreign guy can have some of these things, but Chinese women will be much more lenient with foreign men than with Chinese men. So if you're a foreign guy in China that's tall, has a high-paying job, owns an apartment, owns a car, and is handsome, well you could pick any damn woman you want in the entire country!

They're picky in the sense that they are quite "Confucianist", pragmatic and family-oriented. They would happily settle for an older or less good looking man as long as he has "proven" success in his career, or he's seen as stable due to his family heritage or stuff like that. Success and saving face are key to their well being.
publicduende
Veteran Poster

Return to Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand