Want More fun with Date In Asia?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Sasha V.
Freshman Poster

Want More fun with Date In Asia?

Post by Sasha V. »

Hey Guys,

I've been using Date In Asia for quite some time to meet girls. Despite the huge amount of scammers and such on there, there seem to be a lot of really sweet, nice, normal girls too.

Unfortunately, the site itself is terrible to use and navigate and the only way to get a lot of attention is to actually be online.

To make a long story short, one day I got curious, and wrote a program to make this whole process more efficient.

You start it up, leave it running, leave your house and do whatever. Come back, and, assuming your profile is not god damn horrific, get a nice amount of msgs from people hopefully interested in you. I say 'people' because half of them will be ladyboys.. but that's normal.

Yes.. this is what my CS degree is being used for.

Anyway, i'm thinking of turning it into a commercial product at some point, but for now I am just looking for a few beta testers that would be interested in trying it out and giving me some feedback.

If anyone is interested, PM me!
If you meet Buddha, kill the Buddha. If you meet the patriarch, kill the patriarch. If you meet Mother and Father, kill them. Kill everything you meet. Stand above it, pass on, and be free.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Sounds interesting, but what's the point? If you're serious about finding a partner then Chinese Love Links is much better. Or Blossoms. Blossoms is just $10 a month. DateInAsia is a waste of time. I've not met a single decent girl on there.

Besides, most people who use free dating sites never pay for anything.

By the way, I built a dating site (probably not a lucrative business venture - the barrier to entry is high these days) but I might be interested in collaborating on a spinoff if you're interested. It needs some very meaty CS algorithm work, but it could be a winner :D .
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Sasha V.
Freshman Poster

Post by Sasha V. »

I wasn't extolling the virtues of Date in Asia - that just happened to be the one that I was using. If this people are interested in this thing, it would be easy to add other dating sites.

I'll pm you about the other stuff...
If you meet Buddha, kill the Buddha. If you meet the patriarch, kill the patriarch. If you meet Mother and Father, kill them. Kill everything you meet. Stand above it, pass on, and be free.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Generally speaking if you want more interest on a dating site you need to log in more often.

Pay sites are better because when you buy membership you give yourself an advantage over the 90% of men who aren't serious, or have no money.

Generally speaking, people seeking foreign brides don't have a lot of cash and it's gigantically hard to get them to open their wallets.

I like algorithms though. I'm proud of my dating site's algorithms. As I get more members they'll really come into their own. I never studied CS but with another 1000 members I should be able to write a very effective ladyboy classifier.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Sasha V.
Freshman Poster

Post by Sasha V. »

I don't know if I would try to write a ladyboy classifier per-se.

I think there are more effective means of filtering them.

A site that works hard to make sure users cant just create new accounts shortly after getting blocked would be much more effective...
Twobrains
Freshman Poster

Give it a try!

Post by Twobrains »

I highly recommend Sasha's program to those of you who want to attract more attention on DIA (and shortly, FilipinaCupid too). I got about 40 messages yesterday and I was hardly online - the program was doing the donkey work! My profile is explicit about just wanting fun, so no doubt that cut down the level of response. Of course you then have to manually filter the messages to find the attractive girls, but it sure beats looking through hundreds of profiles yourself and sending out messages. Let them come to you!
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Last edited by eurobrat on May 19th, 2013, 3:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Sasha V.
Freshman Poster

Post by Sasha V. »

No, it doesn't spam messages - that would get you banned in about 3 seconds.

For now, it just visits the profiles of members that match your search criteria, and it does it in a way that makes it look like it's being done by a person.

Most girls seem to visit their "Who Viewed You" page, and if they like you, they'll say hi.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Last edited by eurobrat on May 19th, 2013, 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sasha V.
Freshman Poster

Post by Sasha V. »

As soon as I add them.

Which one do you have in mind?
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Last edited by eurobrat on May 19th, 2013, 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Sounds interesting - I guess you could release it for free and put advertising in it. Trouble is the better sites get quite good at spotting bots.

Maybe version 2.0 should just visit the profiles of cute girls. All you'd need to do is write a photo recognition classifier and tell it how to recognise the cuties. I don't know if this is possible. I do want to write a classifier for my site so I can flag anyone uploading a photo that doesn't have a person it it.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Last edited by eurobrat on May 19th, 2013, 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sasha V.
Freshman Poster

Post by Sasha V. »

It won't be free - in fact, there will be a limited number licences available at any one time. Having the sites spot it and ban it is exactly what I don't want.

Date in asia already checks that your photo has a person in - it's quite doable.

On the other hand, checking how attractive someone is is very hard for computers to do unless people pose in exactly the same way.

Machine learning solves some problems very well, but is a totally inappropriate tool for others. Trust me - i studied machine learning...
Jacaré
Freshman Poster

Post by Jacaré »

Sasha, that's a great idea. I'd love to try your programme. Please pm it to me.

Thanks!