Why are white guys in Taiwan so feminine, soft and passive?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
lavezzi
Junior Poster

Post by lavezzi »

Winston wrote:That's a very logical observation. I guess my personality doesn't fit in Taiwan at all then. I don't feel like I can be myself at all. I feel I constantly have to repress myself because the person I really am doesn't fit in and is an "inappropriate" personality type for Taiwan character. It's hard to explain what I mean, but that's the best way I can put it.

So you've been to East Asia before and noticed the same thing? You have to come here to see what I mean.

Wouldn't it also be logical to conclude that if you don't "fit in" with the culture you are in, that it makes you less attractive to women too? I mean, perhaps women can sense that you don't fit in and therefore are turned off by that? It can't be all about looks since even ugly guys get girls in Taiwan, and some handsome guys (like that German guy I met) also feel alienated in Taiwan since their personality is too different from the norm in Taiwan.

Likewise, if you don't fit in with American culture, it may also make you less attractive to girls there too. Anyone notice that? Is that a logical conclusion?
My East Asian girlfriend said that East Asian women really like Western guys for how we're so open and direct. She seems to be very impressed with how I disregard societal norms and I've made a past time out of severely embarrassing her. For example, when we're in the middle of a busy street in the city centre, I'll take a box of condoms out of my pocket, hold them in the air and shout "Everyone, look at this!!!" and her reaction is hilarious, she covers her face and goes "oooooh no no no". Also, it's almost impossible for her to say the word "sex" or anything similar out loud, while I will come out and say sexual/romantic things as if they're just any other topic of conversation. Perhaps they only desire these traits in White guys though, and if you look Asian you'll be expected by them to act typically so.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

lavezzi wrote:
Winston wrote:That's a very logical observation. I guess my personality doesn't fit in Taiwan at all then. I don't feel like I can be myself at all. I feel I constantly have to repress myself because the person I really am doesn't fit in and is an "inappropriate" personality type for Taiwan character. It's hard to explain what I mean, but that's the best way I can put it.

So you've been to East Asia before and noticed the same thing? You have to come here to see what I mean.

Wouldn't it also be logical to conclude that if you don't "fit in" with the culture you are in, that it makes you less attractive to women too? I mean, perhaps women can sense that you don't fit in and therefore are turned off by that? It can't be all about looks since even ugly guys get girls in Taiwan, and some handsome guys (like that German guy I met) also feel alienated in Taiwan since their personality is too different from the norm in Taiwan.

Likewise, if you don't fit in with American culture, it may also make you less attractive to girls there too. Anyone notice that? Is that a logical conclusion?
My East Asian girlfriend said that East Asian women really like Western guys for how we're so open and direct. She seems to be very impressed with how I disregard societal norms and I've made a past time out of severely embarrassing her. For example, when we're in the middle of a busy street in the city centre, I'll take a box of condoms out of my pocket, hold them in the air and shout "Everyone, look at this!!!" and her reaction is hilarious, she covers her face and goes "oooooh no no no". Also, it's almost impossible for her to say the word "sex" or anything similar out loud, while I will come out and say sexual/romantic things as if they're just any other topic of conversation. Perhaps they only desire these traits in White guys though, and if you look Asian you'll be expected by them to act typically so.
Why don't you ask her if an Asian guy being open and direct would weird her out? Or how it would look in her country? Tell her to be brutally honest and not politically correct, otherwise she will say "Sure, why not? Race doesn't matter. It's all about personality." which is a common BS line by women.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Last edited by eurobrat on May 23rd, 2013, 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dogboy86
Freshman Poster

Post by Dogboy86 »

I think It comes down to a high percentage of people that will take to a mold and become part of the norm wherever they are and a small percentage that will not and are perceived as outcasts or different no matter where they go... I have aways been in the smaller growp, never really cared and done my own thing...
"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity"!!!
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

eurobrat wrote:Winston do you think the women there prefer masculine men or more soft and feminine men?
Most White-washed Azn women are scared of my ass. I"m 6'3" at 285-290 lbs.
They want a guy no heavier than 200 lbs. at my height!!? GTFOH! That's Snoop Dogg's phenotype!

The only Azn ones that like me are the SSBBW/BBW White-washed Azn ones or when I'm in Thailand
or the Philippines seem to be the hookers that want to good rammin' by a man of my size and of
"its" size down there too.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

eurobrat wrote:Winston do you think the women there prefer masculine men or more soft and feminine men?
I would guess they prefer softer feminine men because that's the kind of guy that I see most Taiwanese girls with. If a girl is super feminine, then she will want a guy who is just a little more masculine than her, but not to the extreme. Extreme differences do not make for good compatibility. Most girls prefer similarities, not differences.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

There's something I don't get. Why are there a lot of white guys in Taiwan? What's the appeal of living here? I don't see any benefit here over other countries. Girls here are more closed and cold than in the other 200 countries of the world. So what's the benefit? The social atmosphere here is also very conservative, stagnant and sterile. This isn't exactly a wild exciting place to be. So what's the appeal for expats?

eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Last edited by eurobrat on May 23rd, 2013, 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dogboy86
Freshman Poster

Post by Dogboy86 »

Winston wrote:There's something I don't get. Why are there a lot of white guys in Taiwan? What's the appeal of living here? I don't see any benefit here over other countries. Girls here are more closed and cold than in the other 200 countries of the world. So what's the benefit? The social atmosphere here is also very conservative, stagnant and sterile. This isn't exactly a wild exciting place to be. So what's the appeal for expats?
Maybe these western guys find Taiwan much the way Rock has... ;)
"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity"!!!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

eurobrat wrote:I have no idea but I have a lot of friends over there right now working. They seem to like the money they can make over there so that they can travel around SE ASIA. Which I guess is why they think it makes a good home base for them.
You mean you have Irish friends in Taiwan? Do they tell you that it is a dating paradise? Can you forward this thread to them and get their take on my questions above?

Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

My look (slicked-back gelled hair, tan skin, more mature look not very common among East Asian guys) appeals much more to Latinas than to Chinese women (non-Americanized of course). Chinese women usually prefer that "long hair metrosexual pretty boy" look rather than the more macho look that Latinas tend to like.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Repatriate wrote: Younger people are more cliquish, P.C., and paranoid about what others think of them and or the people they are socializing with that's why.
Good point. Young men are thin-skinned and insecure these days. Don't know the cause. But probably the result of the bullying, judgemental, castrating culture. In any case, not healthy.

Hey young guys, don't let the bastards grind you down. If you don't feel confident - fake it!

Repatriate wrote: Plus Costner is a scumbag in real life.
So I've heard.
Rayn
Freshman Poster

Post by Rayn »

Winston wrote:
lavezzi wrote:

Why don't you ask her if an Asian guy being open and direct would weird her out? Or how it would look in her country? Tell her to be brutally honest and not politically correct, otherwise she will say "Sure, why not? Race doesn't matter. It's all about personality." which is a common BS line by women.
I can answer that question. Based on my own experience, living in a very conformist Asian culture, it is not acceptable for a fellow Asian to display atypical dating styles. Foreigners in the other hand, are given leeway to do what they want. In fact, locals will reverse-justify their different behaviors as further accentuating their attractiveness.

I live in a Malaysian community where the general trend is to be very wishy-washy and indirect when dating someone. The guys will make a move by behaving very Nice Guy(tm)-ish where they will chauffeur the girls they like or buy after-office dinners for them or acting like jokers all the time, etc. Girls making a move will usually invite for a group date with the guy they are pursuing (which they will vehemently deny it as a group date), prefarably having their female friends do the inviting instead of themselves. Both parties will explicitly deny not wanting to be more than friends, but will give faint hints, in hopes that either side will 'get it' and step up on their own initiative.

Just as in everything else where fellow members of the community will be frowned for behaving differently from the rest of the herd, so would any guy who dares to take the 'Open and Direct' route. I can testify that I am largely unsuccessful with Malaysian girls. The girls I do get tend to be either foreign or very Westernized / non-conformist Malaysian.