The emotional development of Chinese people

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Twobrains
Freshman Poster

The emotional development of Chinese people

Post by Twobrains »

From: http://www.rooshvforum.com/thread-3678- ... #pid230685

"The emotional development of Chinese people is, at any one time, a good five years behind that of the average Westerner. Chinese have no interests, no hobbies, no opinions, no creativity, and no dreams. The only thing the guys care about is buying a house and a car so they can in turn go buy a wife. The only thing the girls care about is expertly minimizing their physical flaws with makeup so that they can be externally appealing and marry a guy who has a house and car.

You know how in the West you begin showing interest in the opposite sex around twelve, thirteen years of age? You get your first little "girlfriend" and hold hands and maybe kiss on the lips, woohoo. By the time we're sixteen we've begun dating. By eighteen we've f***ed. Then we go to college and f**k more, experience more emotionally challenging relationships. After graduation, we realize none of that was particularly meaningful because we were too young to know ourselves. But we now do have a basis for comparison when it comes to building real, adult relationships.

The typical 20-year-old Chinese has, in many cases, never even held hands with the opposite sex. Freshmen look and act like fourteen-year-old children. When they do get their first boyfriend or girlfriend in their sophomore or junior year, Chinese guys begin doing what we did in high school. They idolize the first girl who gave them sex (if she did), walk down the street with her carrying all her shit, following her like a puppy."

It goes on - do take the time to read it - quite an eye-opener if it's accurate.
Twobrains
Freshman Poster

Post by Twobrains »

I'm amazed no one has commented on this, considering how many of you guys are drooling over Chinese women. Maybe you just want to ignore the downside and live in a fantasy world?

Or maybe you have experience in China and disagree - I'd like to hear about that.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Everyone's bullshitting everyone on that board. Let's leave the shallow alphas to their stupid little games.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Twobrains
Freshman Poster

Post by Twobrains »

xiongmao wrote:Everyone's bullshitting everyone on that board. Let's leave the shallow alphas to their stupid little games.
Normally I would agree, but if you read that thread in full there are some detailed descriptions of Chinese female attitudes and behaviour that come from guys who have lived and worked there for years. It's actually quite a nuanced and mature discussion, with the appropriate disclaimers and caveats that move it away from being a bullshit fest.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

没有车没有房
怎么办?

Twobrains
Freshman Poster

Post by Twobrains »

Tip: If you want English subtitles on that video, press the CC button until it turns red.

Was that satire or did they mean it?
patrick
Freshman Poster

Post by patrick »

Great find, the video.
Everyone who's chinese or knows chinese culture knows this is true.
The exception might be white guys, i think chinese girls will marry a white guy even if he has no house, car and money. The standards are different.
O, and this applies to white guys from rich western countries. There are loads of blue eyed blond haired Russians just accross the border but they are not desirable.
Dogboy86
Freshman Poster

Post by Dogboy86 »

Winston should take note of that song... its still an upgrade from the U.S. where there are guys with a home, a car and a good job that can't get dates...
"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity"!!!
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Twobrains wrote:Tip: If you want English subtitles on that video, press the CC button until it turns red.

Was that satire or did they mean it?
Sadly, I think they really mean it. :x

没有车没有房 means "No Car No House."
"怎么办" = "What are we gonna do?" (something I added)

Now for the poor guys:

samurai_panda
Freshman Poster

Post by samurai_panda »

Asian culture is mostly passive-aggressive. And it's all honor-based, so small insults can lead to huge carnage. People don't actively express their feelings in public for being it shameful to do so.

Chinese are like naive children discovering 2nd base and a pack of condoms. It's quite amusing to me.

Loneliness and frustrated rage affects males. Emotional confusion and attachment affects females.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

samurai_panda wrote:Asian culture is mostly passive-aggressive. And it's all honor-based, so small insults can lead to huge carnage. People don't actively express their feelings in public for being it shameful to do so.

Chinese are like naive children discovering 2nd base and a pack of condoms. It's quite amusing to me.

Loneliness and frustrated rage affects males. Emotional confusion and attachment affects females.
You sure sound like Konrad/Philosophical Filipino with his maniacal rantings against Chinese people for some reason. I hope you're not him (cross my fingers).
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Falcon wrote:没有车没有房
怎么办?

Sticky this!
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Dogboy86 wrote:Winston should take note of that song... its still an upgrade from the U.S. where there are guys with a home, a car and a good job that can't get dates...
Ouch.
Twobrains
Freshman Poster

Post by Twobrains »

Falcon wrote:Now for the poor guys:

This old cynic found that quite poignant. :(