Why Winston is a failure with women in Taiwan.

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
samurai_panda
Freshman Poster

Post by samurai_panda »

I'm not saying i'm perfect or anyone else is but it doesn't mean Winston doesn't deserve some well placed criticism. This is the weakest and lamest argument ever.

Besides, the only reason this is being brought up is because there's at least a dozen threads with Winston whining about Taiwan. Plus he immediately jumps on anyone who suggests that maybe he has something to do with the rejection.
Then I will make the most powerful argument of HappierAbroad forum history!

Poppy cakes are awesome.

But seriously, I don't think the type of girls in Taiwan match Winston's personality. Far East Asians are very conservative and rigid in their mentality and interactions.
Koreans in the Philippines drop out of English classes, hire a private tutor, and drink and party all night. Koreans want to escape military service.

Koreans don't want to practice English or speak with the locals. Koreans usually hang out in their own tight knit groups. Long live Kimchi!
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

samurai_panda wrote: Philosophical Filipino crap.
Shut up and go away.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

An excerpt about people with Borderline personality disorders and related personality disorders..
Disordered people can't deal with the reality of their behaviors. On some level they realize how hurtful they are, yet accepting this major flaw in themselves is just too painful. So disordered abuser spin our reality to make theirs less painful. One of the most common defense mechanism they use is projection. In projection, a characteristic of themselves that they find just too painful to accept is projected onto us. And the most frequently projected characteristic is mental illness. "I don't have a BPD. YOU Have BPD." Another common and difficult defense mechanism is blame shifting. It's your fault this happened because blah, blah blah blah...
Haha who does this sound like? Am I right or am I RIGHT?
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

From personal experience, dating in TW is not "easy", but it's easier than California, and with a much larger supply of Taiwanese girls.

Unless if you have game and do great at cold approaches, you need to put in extended effort measured in months and years to build up your social network. If you're unwilling or too lazy to put in the work, then you won't be successful.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Repatriate,
You are a f***ing dumbass. Only unhappy insecure guys would diss another man. Most of the things you list are false or grossly exaggerated.

My personality is not awkward at all. I am far more intelligent and articulate than other people here, and people are intimidated by my truthfulness and deep wisdom/insight. If you don't believe me, ask some Taiwanese girls I know, like Ann, or my relatives. I am very well polished, knowledgeable, etc. Girls who love intelligent sincere guys tend to love me.

I told you before, give me your number. Let's talk on the phone. Then you will see that I'm not socially awkward. I'm as bright and articulate as the experts you see interviewed on PBS or the Discovery Channel.

You forgot to mention some important factors on your list:

- Taiwan girls are super picky and the ones I like which are in their 20's, are total divas. Even Sean, Rock and Momopi, admit this, which is why they can't get any girls in their 20's. Therefore, if they can't get young girls, then it doesn't mean there's something wrong with me if I can't. You couldn't either Repatriate. Taiwan is only good if you like older women over 30. Older women are more down to earth here and don't care as much about looks.

- Taiwan girls are not approachable or welcoming to strangers outside of their clique. That's a fact. We all know that. Even Rock does, though he doesn't like to admit it. Even you do. Even Momopi, who is tall and polished, cannot just cold approach a hot girl in Taiwan. He has to wait for an "appropriate" opportunity to meet them. You fail to take this into account.

- Taiwan girls are cold and conservative and repressed, which doesn't mesh well with my personality. Not my fault. But if my personality were like the typical East Asian Taiwanese male, none of you guys here would like me. I'd have nothing interesting to say and I'd be super humble and modest, and be boring to you all. Don't forget that. So you should all be glad that I don't have a Taiwanese type conformist personality. Or else this site wouldn't even exist.

- People here work, work and work. They don't have much free time, except for young college girls. But young college girls are very age conscious and not very open. As you said before, young people are closed, paranoid, and cliquish.

- The environment in Taiwan is super conservative and sterile, like my retired therapist friend observed. My personality doesn't fit in with that. To fit in in Taiwan, you have to act very innocent, goody two shoes, humble and modest. I'm not like that. I'm too arrogant, articulate, direct, outspoken, and narcissistic (as you said). As we all know, if your personality doesn't fit the culture, you become unlikable to the mainstream. Only down to earth sincere people will like you and appreciate you for being down to earth and sincere.

- Taiwanese girls like the metrosexual look on guys. I don't have that look. I'm a lot more normal than such guys, who look gay and feminine. If I looked like a metrosexual, you guys wouldn't like me. Taiwan culture idolizes metrosexual guys. So it's the culture too. Not just me. I don't fit into it.

- Flirting is considered bad behavior in Taiwan. It is not appropriate. Since flirting is my major strength, that is a total downer for me, since I can't use my best skill in Taiwan. Therefore, I have no way of charming Taiwanese girls using my personal style.

Why did you fail to mention the above factors? They are all VERY REAL too. Are you desperate to disparage me? So Taiwan is normal and innocent to you? There's nothing wrong with Taiwan, only me? f**k you! Hope you get your karma you dickhead!

You couldn't do any better than me. Your negative brutally blunt personality would NOT fit in Taiwan either. Come here right now. I'll take you to the night market where there are tons of model type girls in their 20's, shopping there and working there. Let's see you approach any of them. You can't, and you know it. Even Momopi doesn't feel comfortable cold approaching in Taiwan. Taiwan is excruciating because you see all these perfect looking girls with cold repressed stuck up faces!

You don't seem to know anything about Taiwanese culture, even though you are Taiwanese. Living with your parents is NOT seen as a negative in Taiwan. The vast majority of unmarried people in Taiwan live with their parents, even if they are older or have good jobs. It's part of the culture. No one counts it against me.

Besides, I am just visiting here and passing through. I am not living in Taiwan long term. So I don't need to rent my own place here.

Are you too stupid to understand that? Can we talk on the phone or on Skype? I want to clear up a few things with you. I doubt you would be such an asshole to my face.

FYI, I have reconnected with a girl I met in 2004 here. We have begun seeing each other other again. She calls me a lot too. I just visited her in Taichung the other day. She is an older woman now, about 35. But she treats me very nice and is tall and thin and ok looking, but dresses conservatively. She is one of those nice goody two shoes angel types who works all the time and doesn't have much experience in life. She is not worldly, but that's good cause she never argues or complains or judges or criticizes.

I also met a Chinese lady here from China, who now lives in Taichung. She came here because she was married to a Taiwanese husband, who later died from drinking too much and damaging his liver. So she got stuck here due to her kid. I recently met her on QQ. We just met in Taichung and she said she likes me and got a very good impression of me and wants to see me again. She even told me that I should stay in Taiwan and not go to China, because I belong here. Obviously, she wants me to stay here. She said she likes that I'm sincere, wise, and unique.

So you see, some girls do appreciate me.

So I have two women here to date now, although they are both in their 30's. I told you before, Taiwan isn't the place to date younger women. A man doesn't get his pick of the litter here. He has to depend on destiny. Most white guys here also date unattractive women. So would you consider them to be successful? To me, success is having your pick of the litter. If you want to wait for destiny, it's like you are waiting for the women to pick you. You could do that in the USA too. In America, most men don't have their pick of the litter. They have to WAIT TO BE CHOSEN. Same as in Taiwan. I could do that in the USA too. What's the difference? In both countries, you have to take what you can get. You don't have your pick of the litter.

But anyway, f**k you Repatriate for being an ass and not considering the other factors above. You couldn't get young hot girls here either, and you know it. They would not like your type of personality.
Last edited by Winston on July 7th, 2012, 10:07 am, edited 3 times in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

eurobrat wrote:Why doesn't he just get a really hot prostitute and get it out of his system? Then he can say he had sex with a Taiwanese girl.
I already did that once, remember? See the trip report with Rock. I got a local sexy prostitute a few months ago. I'm not sure she still works there though, since her phone number doesn't work anymore. We chatted on the phone a few times after that.

It's hard for me to walk into brothels or KTV's alone. You don't understand. I can't be myself in Taiwan. There is this repressed energy that suppresses who I am. I can't just go out and do whatever I want, even though technically I can. It's hard to explain. It's like the energy of the culture and society try to force me to be conservative, innocent and goody two shoes. To fit in Taiwan, you have to have that gay ass retarded innocent look, which I don't like to feign. This is why feminine passive white guys are drawn to Taiwan, not the outspoken open ones.

It's hard to explain what I mean. You have to be here to know what I mean. There is this constant pressure on you to act repressed, so it subdues my free will. That's the best way I can put it. In other words, I feel like I'm not allowed to have desires, flirt, approach women, etc. There is this creepy feeling I get that tells me that I have to suppress who I am in Taiwan. It's very hard to explain. But that's the best way I can put it. I simply can't be myself here. There is this strange energy pushing me down and making me feel afraid to do anything. I don't know how to explain it so that you will understand. Perhaps this pressure is felt more by Asians than by Whites here, but I'm sure even Whites feel it.

Most white foreigners that are just in Taiwan for the money and not the culture, are also very negative and critical about Taiwanese culture and traits.

Repatriate is the only one dumb enough not to list the negatives of Taiwan as a factor.

Brothels feel creepy here. They have such a negative stigma. Even though it's safe to walk into one, it's not like walking into a bar in Angeles City. It's hard to explain. It's like there is such a negative stigma toward p4p and whoring here, that it makes you feel like a criminal to walk into a brothel here. Know what I mean? It's like your own conscience works against you here.

So I have to work up a lot of courage to even walk into a brothel alone or KTV. Taiwan culture has a bad effect on my subconscious mind. It's hard to explain. Really, it is.

Also, the p4p scene isn't good in Taiwan. 90+ percent of p4p girls in massage parlors are not good looking. I don't know about KTV's though, I haven't worked up the nerve to walk into one yet. Everything feels creepy in Taiwan to me and gives me some weird guilt complex.

Finally, as I mentioned before, Taiwanese girls are the LEAST likely to whore themselves. The poor girls in Taiwan won't have sex for money, even if they need it badly. They prefer to ask for huge loans, like that girl did asking my friend for 30 million NT or the massage girl asking me for 100,000NT, offering nothing in return. So, even the poor girls in Taiwan are not more easy or open. That's how prudish it is here. Even poor girls won't sell their bodies or put out for money. Instead, they prefer to scam it from men and offer nothing in return. Sucks huh? They are the most nonsexual noneasy girls I've ever met in my entire life.
Last edited by Winston on July 7th, 2012, 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

zboy1 wrote:Uh oh, Repatriate, you've really done it now. You're gonna really piss Winston off for telling the truth, LOL!

In all honesty, I don't understand why he doesn't move on from Taiwan into another country? He had success in Eastern Europe and Russia when he was over there, so why doesn't he go back to hook up again with some ladies? It seems like he's obsessed with Taiwanese women or something. Maybe the reason he can't connect with Taiwanese women is because they prefer White men. Asian women have really become self-hating and white worshiping in the past couple of decades--and it's really annoying and bothersome tbh.

I think Winston would do a lot better in a country like China or Vietnam. Maybe check out the Central Asian countries like Kazakhstan or Uzbekistan? I know someone on the forum mentioned the Russian Far East as one destination. I think someone else mentioned Nepal and Cambodia as another possibility. My uncle in Korea married a really nice Vietnamese women (aunt-in-law) and they're pretty happy with two really cute kids and she's fairly attractive as well. My uncle could not find a Korean women to marry because he said most of them have become very picky, spoiled, and bitchy. It seems as if many of the women in the advanced Asian countries (S. Korea, Japan, Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia), have really become effected by the disease of feminism and westernization. In my opinion, most of the women from those countries aren't really worth it like they used to be...
It is not the truth. It is the semi-truth. It is also grossly exaggerated and ignores all the negative traits of Taiwan culture too. See my post above.

People are inclined to think the worst, esp Westerners, so you are quick to believe anything negative about me.

If you want, you can contact a lot of Taiwanese women who know me. Mark already has. He found out that some hate my guts, like that scammer girl who asked for 30 million and another girl, but a few others like me and appreciate and enjoy my wisdom and insight. Taiwan girls are very picky and don't like most guys, unless you look like a hot metrosexual type.

Most guys on this forum would not do well in Taiwan either. Just come here and you will see what I mean. I'm serious.

Why do you think so many forum guys here are going to Philippines, but not to Taiwan? There's a reason for that. Taiwan is not a paradise where a man has his pick of the litter. Girls here are spoiled, westernized, picky, stuck up, cold, and not much different than American valley girls.

Even Sean and Rock can only get women in their mid 30's and above. Such women are more mature and down to earth.

Repatriate fails to take all that into account. My dress style has improved tremendously, by the way. But fashion doesn't make a guy attractive. It doesn't create attraction, only accentuates it if you are ALREADY attractive.

In other countries, women are less pick about looks, such as China, Thailand or Philippines. I'm not considered as unattractive there, and I've received many compliments about my looks. I swear I have. Some women are less shallow and see the good qualities in my personalities as attractive. They aren't all as shallow as Repatriate and the 20 year old college girls in Taiwan.

Also, photos make me look fatter than I look in person. I recently proved this. I looked at myself in some mirrors, and saw that I looked thinner than in photos. To make sure that the mirrors didn't make me look thinner than I was, I tested it by showing my hand and different objects in the mirror. Sure enough, the mirrors showed each object just as accurately as when I viewed them with my naked eye.

However, when I take a photo of things, not just people, but of objects, everything gets wider. It is a scientific fact that photos make objects look wider. 3d objects in 2d look wider. That's a fact. So the camera does add pounds. I look thinner in the mirror, which I proved by testing it with different objects.

Also, when I take photos of girls legs as they pass by, I notice that most of the legs I photograph look wider on photo than I see in person. I've photographed thousands of hot skinny legs and have noticed that they do look fatter.

So Repatriate is also wrong and stupid to dismiss this fact. He is a total f***ing asshole.

Your uncle is right. In East Asia, women are too spoiled and picky. Their faces are also cold and repressed. I don't feel comfortable talking to them, flirting with them, or joking with them at all. Not my fault. I'm not the one that's stuck up or antisocial.

I am trying to get out of here. I explained that already many times. It just takes too long, I have bad time management skills, and I procrastinate too much, since I have no pressure or schedule to live by.

eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Last edited by eurobrat on May 23rd, 2013, 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Another thing Repatriate FAILED to take into account is that even Rock, Sean or Momopi can't get those hot Taiwan girls in their 20's that I lust after. They aren't approachable and only hang in cliques of friends they went to school with, and are total divas. Even Momopi, who is tall and polished, can't just cold approach a random hot girl in public. He has to wait for an "appropriate" opportunity to do so. And neither can Taiwanese men either.

So, if Rock, Sean and Momopi can't get girls in their 20's, or cold approach them, then obviously it is NO failure on my part if I can't either. If other guys in Taiwan don't even dare to cold approach girls, then it doesn't say bad of me if I can't.

It's NOT APPROPRIATE to cold approach girls here. They don't welcome it. Everyone knows that. Guys here don't do it, even local guys don't do it. It's not even an issue. So why does Repatriate hold that against me? f***ing asshole!

Also, Taiwanese are very age conscious. Couples are supposed to be evenly matched. It's not a place for older men to date younger women. That's a fact. Therefore, it's nothing personal against me if I can't get hot girls in their 20's here. Rock, Sean and Momopi can't either.

This all logically proves that it isn't due to there being something wrong with me.

Also Repatriate, the way I act is childish and carefree, so people don't treat me like I'm old. I act like a young person still. If you want, talk to me on the phone and you will see. There is nothing awkward about me being sincere, down to earth, mature, etc. Some women appreciate that, esp older women.

patrick
Freshman Poster

Post by patrick »

Why not go to China?
The way you describe Taiwan, i see a lot of similarities with China. The difference is that Taiwan seems much more oppressed. You know, like the stories you hear about Japan.

I think you will do better in China. Buy some expensive looking clothes and change your hairstyle so you don't look like some pervert shushu or taxi driver.

Why not give it a try. You can make a roundtrip: Taiwan - China - Thailand - Taiwan.

Even if China doesn't live up to your expectations you can still report about China and Thailand on HA. I think a lot of members are interested what you think of Thailand since it has the biggest expat community in Asia.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

patrick wrote:Why not go to China?
The way you describe Taiwan, i see a lot of similarities with China. The difference is that Taiwan seems much more oppressed. You know, like the stories you hear about Japan.

I think you will do better in China. Buy some expensive looking clothes and change your hairstyle so you don't look like some pervert shushu or taxi driver.

Why not give it a try. You can make a roundtrip: Taiwan - China - Thailand - Taiwan.

Even if China doesn't live up to your expectations you can still report about China and Thailand on HA. I think a lot of members are interested what you think of Thailand since it has the biggest expat community in Asia.
I've been trying to go to China for the last 6 months. Didn't you read my posts about it? Sheesh. You act as though that's a new idea.

Also, STOP f***ing SAYING THAT I LOOK LIKE A TAXI DRIVER! I DO NOT! f**k MAN!!!!!!!! I'M SICK AND TIRED OF HEARING THAT FROM FUCKERS! NO ONE IN AMERICA SAYS I LOOK LIKE A TAXI DRIVERS. ONLY SHALLOW TAIWANESE FIXATED ON METROSEXUALS THINK THAT! QUIT SAYING THAT! IT'S f***ing ANNOYING!!!!!!!

How the f**k can I look like a taxi driver? Do you see any taxi drivers in NYC that look like me? Even Sylvester Stallone played a taxi driver in the movies before.

I don't wear sandals. I don't wear dirty clothes. I don't chew betel nut. I dress like a yuppie. I am from an upper middle class. I am a writer. I worked for a modeling agency as a recruiter, etc. Nothing about me makes me look like a taxi driver. Just because I have a pot belly doesn't mean I look like a taxi driver. A lot of people say I look like I'm in the army. Lots of guys have pot bellies, but they aren't called taxi drivers. They are just called couch slobs. Just because I'm Taiwanese doesn't make me a taxi driver. I don't even act Taiwanese nor do I have the personality or vibe of one. Everyone who knows me can tell you that.

The energy vibe around me keeps making me feel so repressed and forcing me to act innocent. I can't do anything or function here. It's so f***ing weird. I don't know how to describe it. And time is moving so f***ing fast!

I can't style my hair. You come and style it. It doesn't accept styles. It's like barbed wire. I don't like putting a ton of gel in my hair either. Yuck.

Quit criticizing me. Mature adults don't do that. It's f***ing annoying.

I at least have a charming personality. An American girl that recently hung out with me even said that about me afterward to her uncle who introduced us.

And the chicks I've gotten are hotter than Rock's girls, even though he's taller and better looking. That's impressive at least. If you watch me flirt in Asia, you'll see what I mean.

In Russia, the girls said that I looked like a journalist or writer, based on the way I carry myself and personality type. That's really accurate. They never said anything about a f***ing taxi driver. f**k you! Quit telling that fricking lie ok? I'm sick and tired of hearing it! It's so f***ing false and annoying!

Of course I'd do better in China. Didn't you see that thread I created showing responses I got from China vs. Taiwan? The difference was astounding. Just from phone conversations I can tell that China girls are much more open and relaxed, and other forum members have concurred from their experiences. They are also much more complimentary about my looks. Girls look at a lot more than a guy's looks, by the way.

polya
Junior Poster

Post by polya »

Last edited by polya on August 9th, 2012, 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Woman is a violent and uncontrolled animal... If you allow them to achieve complete equality with men, do you think they will be easier to live with? Not at all. Once they have achieved equality, they will be your masters." Cato the Elder
Truthville
Freshman Poster

Post by Truthville »

Hey Winston!

Perhaps you should embrace THIS taxi driver persona! :P

Better yet, let's see YOU do this scene...........now THAT would be something I would like to see :P AND you could use it as a response to your :roll: "critics!" :P
Last edited by Truthville on July 7th, 2012, 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"What we are seeing in this headless misandry is a grand display of the Tyranny of the Underdog: "I am a wretchedly longstanding victim;therefore I own no burden of adult accountability, nor need to honor any restraint against my words and actions. In fact, all efforts to restrain me are only further proof of my oppressed condition."

"It is the most perfect trump-card against accountable living ever devised."
Dogboy86
Freshman Poster

Post by Dogboy86 »

Truthville wrote:Hey Winston!

Perhaps you should embrace THIS taxi driver persona! :P

Better yet, let's see YOU do this scene...........now THAT would be something I would like to see :P AND you could use as a response to your :roll: "critics!" :P
Very nice Truthville!!! Great clip...
"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity"!!!
ethan_sg
Freshman Poster

Post by ethan_sg »

Winston there is no doubt that you are far more sophisticated than the average taxi driver and do not behave or talk like one at all.

But if I'm being honest, your current flat-top crew cut hairstyle is pretty much the same hairstyle that a lot of less educated middle aged men have in China - and a lot of taxi drivers fall under that profile. Norms are norms and this hairstyle is indeed the norm for that demographic in China. Not that there's anything really wrong with that, beats standing out in a bad way.

But grow your hair on top a little more and it may add more refinement to your appearance, to match your refined personality. Go see a hair-stylist for advice. I'm not saying be a metrosexual but not everyone who styles their hair a little bit is a metrosexual. I think that's the point these guys are trying to make as well. It's your call but that's just my advice.

You're also right that women look at a lot more than just looks though (although there often is a minimum standard). Good looks do far less for a guy than they do for a woman in this world.
Chinaebuys - http://www.chinaebuys.com
Buy and Ship any Product Internationally from China
Shipping to more than 200 countries worldwide