Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Why Winston is a failure with women in Taiwan.

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby Winston » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:35 pm

In 2001, I was in this commercial for Siena Hotel and Spa in Reno, NV. I was cast as a wealthy business clientele. There is a scene of me dining in the hotel restaurant and walking with a girl on my arm past a limousine too. I have a video copy of this but it's at my home in America. If I ever go back there, I'll upload it to YouTube for you guys to see. It's too bad I didn't bring it with me.

Hey Repatriate, you asshole! If I look like a taxi driver, then why was I cast as a wealthy clientele of a fancy hotel in that commercial for Siena Hotel and Spa in 2001? And also for that Lifetime movie with upper class people holding wine bottles? Would the casting director put a low class taxi driver guy in front of a limousine dressed in a suit? That proves you wrong, you fucktard!
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby Winston » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:45 pm

ethan_sg wrote:Winston there is no doubt that you are far more sophisticated than the average taxi driver and do not behave or talk like one at all.

But if I'm being honest, your current flat-top crew cut hairstyle is pretty much the same hairstyle that a lot of less educated middle aged men have in China - and a lot of taxi drivers fall under that profile. Norms are norms and this hairstyle is indeed the norm for that demographic in China. Not that there's anything really wrong with that, beats standing out in a bad way.

But grow your hair on top a little more and it may add more refinement to your appearance, to match your refined personality. Go see a hair-stylist for advice. I'm not saying be a metrosexual but not everyone who styles their hair a little bit is a metrosexual. I think that's the point these guys are trying to make as well. It's your call but that's just my advice.

You're also right that women look at a lot more than just looks though (although there often is a minimum standard). Good looks do far less for a guy than they do for a woman in this world.

What am I supposed to do with my hair? None of the down to earth guys on this forum likes wearing a ton of gel in their hair, so why would I? My hair doesn't bend or style. It is like barbed wire.

Even if I were to spike my hair up, that would make me look like a punk, not mature. Is that what you want?

I don't get something. George Clooney's hair is really short and simple too. So why doesn't anyone say that he looks like a low class uneducated taxi driver? Why does it look high class on him but low class on me?! See here:

See, this looks good on him. This is the look and style that I'm aiming for, but my hair is not thin and wavy like his. But when my hair is short, that's how it looks in terms of the shape of my head. Why does that look good on him but not me?

Also, check out Mark Wahlberg's hair in the movie Shooter. When I cut my hair short and trim my sides to make my head look oval, my head looks like his (though not my body of course). Since this hair style looks good on him, why doesn't it look good on me? Why does it look normal on him but it makes me look low class? Can someone explain? Here is what I'm referring to:

Last edited by Winston on Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby Winston » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:55 pm

Also, my body type and frame looks a lot like William Shatner's. Here is him without a shirt on in the original Star Trek series.

What's wrong with that? Why does his body look good that way, but not on me? Without my pot belly, my body frame is similar to his.

Moreover, his hair is short, fine, and neatly groomed, the way I aim my hair to be. What is wrong with that? Why can't I look good with short trimmed hair too? Why does what I like look good on other guys but not on me? Is there a huge mismatch between my tastes and style and my looks?

Can someone explain logically and objectively?

Winston
Site Admin

Postby patrick » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:59 pm

your hair looks something like this (don't mind the color) to spikey and straight

maybe you can style it a bit so it looks something like this

patrick
Freshman Poster

Postby patrick » Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:04 pm

ok, the 2nd pic doesn't seem to work

here another one, yeah i know this pic is kind of metrosexual, so just look at the hair

http://data.yule.sohu.com/star/data/1/1527/details.shtml

not like this

Last edited by patrick on Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
patrick
Freshman Poster

Postby Winston » Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:10 pm

patrick wrote:ok, the 2nd pic doesn't seem to work

here another one, yeah i know this pic is kind of metrosexual, so just look at the hair

http://data.yule.sohu.com/star/data/1/1527/details.shtml

You mean like this? I got the image URL in your link. This is what you were trying to post:

Ick. That looks like a porcupine. Do you really think having my hair look like a porcupine looks better? Ick!

That's not my style. My style is like the photo of George Clooney and William Shatner's that I posted above. Why can't my hair look good short and neat like theirs does? How can I get my hair to look like that? It's the classic short neat look. Why does it look great on Clooney and Shatner when he was young, but on me it looks unstylish? How come it makes them look handsome but it makes me look like a Communist?! WTF?!

How do I get my hair to look the way I want, like theirs does? What can I do? Can professional stylist do anything?

Winston
Site Admin

Postby patrick » Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:16 pm

something like this

but he does use a lot of hairgel

If you grow your hair longer, you can style it easier. If it's short it's ofcourse a bit like barbwire.
patrick
Freshman Poster

Postby Winston » Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:20 pm

Falcon wrote:If Winston tries Mexico, I'm absolutely sure that things will be much worse for him ... :P

All the reasons that Repatriate had listed would apply except for #6, since it is very common for Mexicans to live with extended family regardless of age.

Why do you say that? There's no way Mexico could be worse than Taiwan. Mexicans do not have that cold repressed face, esp on their girls. It is not a prudish culture where everything is conservative and one is expected to be super innocent and goody two shoes with no desires. Mexico is not like Taiwan - a candy store where all the candy is all look and no touch and no buy and no stare.

What the f**k are you smoking? How can you even compare Mexico and Taiwan?

Can you give some logical reasons why I would do worse in Mexico?

If Mexico is hard, why did you do good there? How come none of the chicks in your Mexico trip report were hot tall and skinny?

You aren't making any f***ing sense! What are you smoking?

Why do you believe that everything Repatriate says must be true, just because it's negative? If I made up negative things about you, does that mean it must be true?

Half of what he says is not true, and he ignores the other half of the reasons about Taiwan that I listed one by one. Did you read that?

You aren't making any f***ing sense. I thought you were smart and level headed? Why are you making statements that are totally illogical?

You are an example of what I meant in that other thread in the Philosophy section about how we are naturally inclined toward the negative and quick to believe anything negative about someone, even if it's not true.

Winston
Site Admin

Postby Winston » Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:26 pm

patrick wrote:something like this

but he does use a lot of hairgel

If you grow your hair longer, you can style it easier. If it's short it's ofcourse a bit like barbwire.

If I grow it out and use super strong hold gel, maybe. But that's very uncomfortable. I can't sleep when my hair is long. It becomes heavy and sticks out like a porcupine and makes me look feminine!

I've been explaining this to everyone for YEARS AND YEARS already! Why is it so hard for everyone to understand?! I've explained it to my parents a BILLION times and they still don't get it!

Why can't I have it short and neat like George Clooney's above? What can I do to make it that way? That's my style. Not those gay ass photos you posted. Why does it look handsome on George Clooney but unstylish and Communist on me?!

My life is all Murphy's Law. Everything is mismatched - my style and looks, what I want and what I have, etc. f**k!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Winston
Site Admin

Postby eurobrat » Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:05 pm

Last edited by eurobrat on Thu May 23, 2013 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Postby ethan_sg » Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:30 pm

Winston,

In the photos you posted of George Clooney and William Shatner, their hair lengths are actually quite a bit longer than yours, they're just combed neatly so they don't stick out but it's pretty obvious they're not short flat-top crew cut styles like yours.

Besides look it's George Clooney, he can go bald tomorrow and women will still stay he's gorgeous.

Really good looking people with very sharp and defined features can afford to have the most boring haircuts and they'll still look good because their features stand out enough.

Having said that George Clooney's hairstyle in this picture is definitely a lot different and quite a bit longer than what you currently have. It's not as if he wakes up everyday without styling it in the least bit and it magically looks this way.

Also being Asian you'll probably be better off trying to imitate Asian hairstyles, because our hair texture is very different and there are differences with what you can do with Asian hair texture. Go see a hairstylist about it.

Of course no one's forcing you to change your hairstyle, no one can do it and it's not like it's hideous or anything. But if we're being honest of all the pictures that have been posted on this page, your current hairstyle looks the most like that taxi driver's up there, although yours is a bit better.

Nothing wrong with that, many just don't think it's the style that will bring out the best in your looks. I mean comfort-wise all of us would love to have army-style crew cuts because that's easily the most comfortable cooling hairstyle to have, especially in hot-humid weather, but it's not just about comfort.

But hey if you don't give a shit then don't give a shit man, it's cool. There's much more to a guy than his hairstyle and you Winston have a lot more going for you. We all hope you go to China and tell us about your adventures over there. Most women don't care as much about a man's hairstyle or how he dresses over there, and many men don't give a shit about style. That's why so many middle aged men in China have simple short crew cut hairstyles like yours!
ethan_sg
Freshman Poster

Postby Winston » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:01 pm

ethan_sg wrote:Winston,

In the photos you posted of George Clooney and William Shatner, their hair lengths are actually quite a bit longer than yours, they're just combed neatly so they don't stick out but it's pretty obvious they're not short flat-top crew cut styles like yours.

Besides look it's George Clooney, he can go bald tomorrow and women will still stay he's gorgeous.

Really good looking people with very sharp and defined features can afford to have the most boring haircuts and they'll still look good because their features stand out enough.

Having said that George Clooney's hairstyle in this picture is definitely a lot different and quite a bit longer than what you currently have. It's not as if he wakes up everyday without styling it in the least bit and it magically looks this way.

Also being Asian you'll probably be better off trying to imitate Asian hairstyles, because our hair texture is very different and there are differences with what you can do with Asian hair texture. Go see a hairstylist about it.

Of course no one's forcing you to change your hairstyle, no one can do it and it's not like it's hideous or anything. But if we're being honest of all the pictures that have been posted on this page, your current hairstyle looks the most like that taxi driver's up there, although yours is a bit better.

Nothing wrong with that, many just don't think it's the style that will bring out the best in your looks. I mean comfort-wise all of us would love to have army-style crew cuts because that's easily the most comfortable cooling hairstyle to have, especially in hot-humid weather, but it's not just about comfort.

But hey if you don't give a shit then don't give a shit man, it's cool. There's much more to a guy than his hairstyle and you Winston have a lot more going for you. We all hope you go to China and tell us about your adventures over there. Most women don't care as much about a man's hairstyle or how he dresses over there, and many men don't give a shit about style. That's why so many middle aged men in China have simple short crew cut hairstyles like yours!

Actually their hair is only a little longer than mine, but it LOOKS short because their hair is fine in texture and can curl and be combed back easily. When my hair grows out, it makes my head look like a porcupine. So either way, whether my hair is short or long, I lose. It's a no win solution. What's the solution?

There are Asian men with fine wavy hair that can comb it like Clooney's. You just have to have fine hair. Is there any way to change the texture of my hair?

Also, what is wrong with a neat trim fine crew cut? As long as it's clean and trimmed, like a nice row of bushes in the park, what's so bad about it? Do you actually think a puffy porcupine look on my hair would be better than a neat trimmed look? WTF?

Winston
Site Admin

Postby ethan_sg » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:11 pm

Your current hairstyle is no doubt neat but accentuates the roundness of your face. Here's my advice to you Winston.

1. If you're going to grow out your hair, don't just let all of it grow evenly. If you do that yes your hair will look like a puffy porcupine within 6 weeks. As you grow your hair, you need to continue to trim the sides and backs to keep them neat and short. Even as you continue to grow your hair, you need to trim it regularly (the sides and backs) to keep it in shape. It's not as simple as just growing it all out and not cutting it for months. You'd look really bad that way.

2. Go see a good hair stylist for the best advice.
ethan_sg
Freshman Poster

Postby Repatriate » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:32 pm

Instead of getting involved in full page debates while being assailed with question bombs and hurtful insults :cry: by Winston i'll just go ahead and provide this brief pictorial guide of what Chinese taxi drivers look like. Then i'll let the esteemed forum goers here make their own decision as to whether or not Winston resembles one or not.

http://www.happierabroad.com/forum/view ... hp?t=14945
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Postby Falcon » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:10 am

Winston wrote:
Falcon wrote:If Winston tries Mexico, I'm absolutely sure that things will be much worse for him ... :P

All the reasons that Repatriate had listed would apply except for #6, since it is very common for Mexicans to live with extended family regardless of age.

Why do you say that? There's no way Mexico could be worse than Taiwan. Mexicans do not have that cold repressed face, esp on their girls. It is not a prudish culture where everything is conservative and one is expected to be super innocent and goody two shoes with no desires. Mexico is not like Taiwan - a candy store where all the candy is all look and no touch and no buy and no stare.

What the f**k are you smoking? How can you even compare Mexico and Taiwan?

Can you give some logical reasons why I would do worse in Mexico?

If Mexico is hard, why did you do good there? How come none of the chicks in your Mexico trip report were hot tall and skinny?

You aren't making any f***ing sense! What are you smoking?

Why do you believe that everything Repatriate says must be true, just because it's negative? If I made up negative things about you, does that mean it must be true?

Half of what he says is not true, and he ignores the other half of the reasons about Taiwan that I listed one by one. Did you read that?

You aren't making any f***ing sense. I thought you were smart and level headed? Why are you making statements that are totally illogical?

You are an example of what I meant in that other thread in the Philosophy section about how we are naturally inclined toward the negative and quick to believe anything negative about someone, even if it's not true.

Take it easy Winston, hahaha! :D I was just poking some light-hearted fun at you. Once you learn Spanish you will have a lot of fun with the people there.

By the way, people do smoke a lot of things in Mexico (not that I do). :lol:

As for "hot, tall, skinny" ones, that's because my type is not your type - it's Rock's type! :)
Falcon
Experienced Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand