Only interested in Pinays who at least 8 out of 10 in looks

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Truthville wrote:Ahh Rock,

I find your posts pretty laughable and quite racist in a general way. You seem to have this thing about criticizing "white" people and their choice of women, while at the same time trying to come off as wanting to be portrayed as as some kind of sophisticated "man about the world." To me, you seem to simply be a common variety validation junkie.

Seriously?

Why do you care about whom other people are attracted too? Why do you seem to have to put other people's choices down in order to elevate your own? You might want to try learning something called tact and practicing your written words in order to convey your message without "slamming" whole races of people.

BTW? Your avatar? That ass looks like two kosher hams in a paper sack! In other words? YUCK!

See, I can do it too!
Thanks for the critique. I agree with some of what u say at least but let me clarify things a bit.

I am a "man about (parts of) the world" but consider myself quite simple in most respects, not very sophisticated. Just a white dude from the rural midwest. Sorry if my posts portray me otherwise. BTW, what is a 'common variety validation junkie'. I suppose a more sophisticated person would already know. See I told u I'm simple, lol.

Clearly I AM racist at many levels but I believe I have a lot of company including many others on this forum. I am also very detail oriented when it comes to female aesthetics and get frustrated by the myths and exaggerations I see spread on various websites. And I've made some very bad travel choices in the past on the back of certain delusional type posts by others.

Many people have limited time and/or financial resources for their "HA Expeditions". I hope that my alternative views and devil's advocate type posts can help them consider the uglier sides of some of the more popular destinations before they pull the trigger. And I believe that my personal HA baby Taiwan is highly underrated as an option for certain types of guys thanks in part to this forum's owner.

I also find it ironic that many guys, mainly other whities, often laugh at my own taste when the women I go for tend to be by far the hardest ones to get for most of us. I remember that when I first joined this forum and asked for some advice on where to find taller and curvier Asian women, several regular posters mocked me. Only Winston defended me if I remember correctly.

I sometimes put other people's tastes down and elevate my own. But I try to never let it get down to a personal level. I only do it for anonymous photos and in broad brush terms. I don't criticize photos posted of members or their gfs/fiances/wives, not even in the case of Winston other than encouraging him to lose weight at times. I appreciate and respect them for sharing personal type photos and taking the inherent risks to do so.

Sorry if my views offend. But that doesn't mean I will necessarily stop sharing them. This is a free speech type of platform and even offers an "Ignore" option.

Perhaps u r also right about that avatar's ass looking like 2 hams in a paper sack. But why kosher?
Last edited by Rock on September 23rd, 2012, 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

:D :D
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

publicduende wrote:
Rock wrote:
Rock wrote: Perhaps instead of describing aesthetics with so many words, I should throw up some examples. Here are 3 profiles which I think are pretty representative of a lot of the young women you are likely to encounter in Phils:

http://www.filipinocupid.com/en/profile ... total=1000

Ouch. You really think those 3 profiles are "average" Pinays, rather than leaning towards the lower end of the scale?

Do you think the profiles below (random glance on DIA) are extraordinary cute, 1 in 100 girls?

http://www.dateinasia.com/cheecky
http://www.dateinasia.com/mgie10
http://www.dateinasia.com/ruvy+jean
Rock wrote:
Now in contrast, check out these overseas Chinese/NE Asians in this video parody about Yellow Fever. It's kind of long so you can fast forward to the parts where you see people, especially the girls (7:03 and 16:28 plus a couple others):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63bWYFGBTuE

The girls in the video remind me a lot of some of the young women I see in Taipei (except that they have more American style and personality) whereas the profiles from filipinocupid are very typical examples of young women you see in Metro Manila and throughout Phils I believe. Pictures and vids are worth 1,000s of words. I sure hope you are not one of the white guys who actually find those Filipinas (in the profiles) more attractive than the overseas Asians in the vid.
LOL I actually watched that video a couple of years ago. I replayed it with pleasure, as I remember I found it funny yet quite spot-on from a socio-anthropological viewpoint. The only girl I actually find remotely attractive in that video is (or what passes in the story as) Philip's sister. She appears around 7:13. I wouldn't want to upset you, but all the other girls in the video don't really look much better compared to your DIA profiles above :wink:
Rock wrote:As for large breasts, I truly believe they are overrated. Here's why. After the first baby, they tend to sag badly. After 30 or so, they head south quickly, even if the woman is still childless. In Filipinas, they generally sag after 25 or before 20 with young mothers. Even with Chinese women with large breasts don't always maintain their firmness after a child or two in spite of their superior skin elasticity. But a nice round and hard ass can hold its own until the girl reaches menopause, especially if she exercises and eats in a way to maintain it. If the girl in may avatar had a perfectly flat chest, I would still give her no less than an 8 out of 10 assuming she's at least 5'7".
I assume you mean Asian breasts, not female in general. I couldn't tell you as I haven't seen many Asians with large breasts. The only Asian I can report about is a Filipina woman I met in Milan, 38 years of age and a mother of 3. Her tummy was quite horrible, like a soft cushion protruding from her abdomen with a cut in between (a clear sign that she had one or more deliveries with Cesarean section), but her boobs where quite another story: a full C (almost D) cup, well shaped and firm.

100% agreed about the ass, much more of a gift of nature than breasts, and harder to lose given good exercise routine and dietary habits.
Nice post! Yes, so many single mothers have jacked-up bellies in places like Phils and Thailand. But believe it or not, I've seen 30 something single Brazilian and even African mums with flawless smooth flat tummies and no apparent signs of aging - could pass for early 20s.

As for your DIA examples, I find them to be exceptional in some ways:

1. Girl 1 looks like she's probably pretty attractive facially but its hard to tell for sure cus of the expression she's making. Girl 2 looks very exceptional (better than 1 out of 100 there) but then she doesn't even look Pinay, much more NE Asian. I don't find Girl 3 at all attractive but I bet she's still in top 15% of young female Pinay population (in my book).

2. All DIA profiles u posted raise red flags - Girl 1 23 yrs. old seeking up to 60 man; Girl 2 21 yrs. old seeking up to 80 man and someone who will take care of her and her grandparents; Girl 3 23 yrs. old seeking up to 80 man. And they all post just 1 photo if I'm not mistaken. How real is a cute early 20s gal seeking a (possible) 1 foot in the grave geriatric)? Contrast that to the 3 Filipina Cupid ones I posted - the younger 2 (early 20s) seeking man up to 44-45 and the older one (27) seeking man up to 55. Plus they all provide several photos and have been online very recently. I believe the ones I posted are much more 'real' and 'representative' of what u will see and have a decent chance with if u visit Phils as a white guy. These are the types of girls I tend to see the most of (overwhelming majority) wherever I go in Phils. Sometimes it's downright depressing.

3. The most credible factor regarding the profiles u posted are their heights - at just 5'1", 5'2", and 5'1" for Girls 1, 2, and 3 respectively, they are only slightly taller than the broader Pinay average.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

Rock wrote:
Truthville wrote:Ahh Rock,

I find your posts pretty laughable and quite racist in a general way. You seem to have this thing about criticizing "white" people and their choice of women, while at the same time trying to come off as wanting to be portrayed as as some kind of sophisticated "man about the world." To me, you seem to simply be a common variety validation junkie.

Seriously?

Why do you care about whom other people are attracted too? Why do you seem to have to put other people's choices down in order to elevate your own? You might want to try learning something called tact and practicing your written words in order to convey your message without "slamming" whole races of people.

BTW? Your avatar? That ass looks like two kosher hams in a paper sack! In other words? YUCK!

See, I can do it too!
Thanks for the critique. I agree with some of what u say at least but let me clarify things a bit.

I am a "man about (parts of) the world" but consider myself quite simple in most respects, not very sophisticated. Just a white dude from the rural midwest. Sorry if my posts portray me otherwise. BTW, what is a 'common variety validation junkie'. I suppose a more sophisticated person would already know. See I told u I'm simple, lol.

Clearly I AM racist at many levels but I believe I have a lot of company including many others on this forum. I am also very detail oriented when it comes to female aesthetics and get frustrated by the myths and exaggerations I see spread on various websites. And I've made some very bad travel choices in the past on the back of certain delusional type posts by others.

Many people have limited time and/or financial resources for their "HA Expeditions". I hope that my alternative views and devil's advocate type posts can help them consider the uglier sides of some of the more popular destinations before they pull the trigger. And I believe that my personal HA baby Taiwan is highly underrated as an option for certain types of guys thanks in part to this forum's owner.

I also find it ironic that many guys, mainly other whities, often laugh at my own taste when the women I go for tend to be by far the hardest ones to get for most of us. I remember that when I first joined this forum and asked for some advice on where to find taller and curvier Asian women, several regular posters mocked me. Only Winston defended me if I remember correctly.

I sometimes put other people's tastes down and elevate my own. But I try to never let it get down to a personal level. I only do it for anonymous photos and in broad brush terms. I don't criticize photos posted of members or their gfs/fiances/wives, not even in the case of Winston other than encouraging him to lose weight at times. I appreciate and respect them for sharing personal type photos and taking the inherent risks to do so.

Sorry if my views offend. But that doesn't mean I will necessarily stop sharing them. This is a free speech type of platform and even offers an "Ignore" option.

Perhaps u r also right about that avatar's ass looking like 2 hams in a paper sack. But why kosher?
Kosher hams? Hmmm...I would not have thought they were Kosher, just ordinary ones. I must say though, that an ass that big or "curvy" at a young age will not age well...likely be full buffalo at any moment....like pulling the rip cord on a Zodiac! She will end up
needing those backup bells they use on trucks!

Yes..just having some fun at your expense, but the reality is that gentlemen hold back on dissing other men's taste in women.
Were I single you would be fine to hang out with- we would not be competing for the same type of girl.
I am happy with who I ended up with totally, and ultimately it is the quality of the heart that counts.

I wonder how many men here would vote for:

"An intelligent face with refined features...luscious lips, full long wavy hair down to the middle of the back,
petite and athletic overall and all around skinny wet and wild!' ?

I have a feeling that is not a hard sell....LOL. Men are usually rather transparent in their reactions...

Outwest
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Rock wrote:As for your DIA examples, I find them to be exceptional in some ways:

1. Girl 1 looks like she's probably pretty attractive facially but its hard to tell for sure cus of the expression she's making. Girl 2 looks very exceptional (better than 1 out of 100 there) but then she doesn't even look Pinay, much more NE Asian. I don't find Girl 3 at all attractive but I bet she's still in top 15% of young female Pinay population (in my book).

2. All DIA profiles u posted raise red flags - Girl 1 23 yrs. old seeking up to 60 man; Girl 2 21 yrs. old seeking up to 80 man and someone who will take care of her and her grandparents; Girl 3 23 yrs. old seeking up to 80 man. And they all post just 1 photo if I'm not mistaken. How real is a cute early 20s gal seeking a (possible) 1 foot in the grave geriatric)? Contrast that to the 3 Filipina Cupid ones I posted - the younger 2 (early 20s) seeking man up to 44-45 and the older one (27) seeking man up to 55. Plus they all provide several photos and have been online very recently. I believe the ones I posted are much more 'real' and 'representative' of what u will see and have a decent chance with if u visit Phils as a white guy. These are the types of girls I tend to see the most of (overwhelming majority) wherever I go in Phils. Sometimes it's downright depressing.

3. The most credible factor regarding the profiles u posted are their heights - at just 5'1", 5'2", and 5'1" for Girls 1, 2, and 3 respectively, they are only slightly taller than the broader Pinay average.
You may be right. I should have added that I was asking for your judgment on those profiles based on aesthetics only. I didn't even bother reading the profile text. I chose girl 1 because she seems to have a really nice rack and this vaguely Japanesey smile. Girl 2 because I find her facial features quite delicate and her pose quite sensual, and girl 3 for the same reason as girl 2, but in a more Cebuano sense.

I'm curious about Taiwan. I wish I had gone there to visit that famous Claire girl, although I doubt she would have let me hook up with other girls :)

By the way, I disagree with the other posters criticising your judgments as "racist". As one of the more navigated foreign daters on the forum, I think you speak by experience and I personally value your "racist" statements much higher than those from the usual nutcases who only have a PC and an Internet connection as their window to the world. I also think there is an element of truth about Western men dating and marrying relatively unattractive, mature Filipinas. The explanation is quite simple: many of them don't land in the Philippines as trophy hunters and womanizers. Many of them are badly burned by previous relationships or a divorce, they are love and affection starved and the first non-repulsive young woman who shows a genuine desire to care for them and be loved back is certainly going to feel incredibly soothing to them and blind their adult sense of judgment. Many of such blind choices may well work, if the lady is honest, or may not.

Finally, let me pick from another thread where you commented on the Cebuana petite I met in Zhuhai being stared by young Chinese on the street. No man, I was laughing my ass off and poking fun at her precisely because the stares were nothing but derisory - if those kids had a laser pointer attached to their eyes you would see it dancing like crazy around her boobs, her hips and bottom! We went to the Ikea store in Shenzhen, which must be seen as a middle class thing (judging from the people I saw in there) and here comes along this rich kid with glasses and a white cashmere jumper holding hands with a really cute girl, perfect white skin and hairdo, designer brands from hair comb to shoelaces. Cute yet not exactly my definition of sexy. As our paths crossed, the kid had the guts to stare at Eden's boobs, then bend sideways for another long stare at her bums, while knowing that I was looking at the whole scene. Had Eden been more than just a friend and fling, I would have probably somewhat resented it. In that context, it was just a bit of fun. I think it's true, Chinese people may well value immaculate white skin and virginal looks in their "official partners". Yet, heaven knows what dark post-colonial fantasies harbour in their minds... :)
Truthville
Freshman Poster

Post by Truthville »

Hey,

No problem Rock, you have the right to your opinions as do I.

Racist? Feel free, of course you realize that most racism is a symptom of some deeper problem or issue with the group a person is racist against?

The thing is, I personally find it kind of childish to put down another man's choice of lover/girlfriend/whatever, but to each his own.

Kosher? Interesting that people picked up on that. Just a little experiment.......

I don't apologize for my "tastes" and could really care less about the opinions of others UNLESS they make blanket generalizations that are intellectually "lazy" in which I am stereotyped negatively.
The explanation is quite simple: many of them don't land in the Philippines as trophy hunters and womanizers. Many of them are badly burned by previous relationships or a divorce, they are love and affection starved and the first non-repulsive young woman who shows a genuine desire to care for them and be loved back is certainly going to feel incredibly soothing to them and blind their adult sense of judgment. Many of such blind choices may well work, if the lady is honest, or may not.
And this statement is a great example of a generalization/stereotype. In addition, sorry, just because a person has "traveled" more than an "internet warrior" only makes their opinion about THIS issue still a matter of personal taste and preference. Not truth or fact, only opinion. Understand?

Validation from other men seems to be very important to many posters here. I find that sad and just another symptom of the "look at me.....admire me........" culture killing the west.

Not racist? Hmmm...............how about I make a statement like:

"It seems to me that Asian men are runty cowardly pussies whom, because of their small penis size, always seem to pick the more "ladyboy" type women that no man of any other race would touch. I see this everywhere I travel. Sissy little Asian men with slanted-eyed men in drag. Everyone knows that these overdone are really only with these pasty "he/shes" to please their families when everyone KNOWS they would rather white men and actually get beautiful women!"

Racist? Rock, in many posts, have said words to this effect about white men and white men ONLY.

I don't see WHY a person can't show a little sophistication/class and leave race out of such observations. Even the generic term "westerner" is better IMHO.

But I guess I'm the "minority" here!
"What we are seeing in this headless misandry is a grand display of the Tyranny of the Underdog: "I am a wretchedly longstanding victim;therefore I own no burden of adult accountability, nor need to honor any restraint against my words and actions. In fact, all efforts to restrain me are only further proof of my oppressed condition."

"It is the most perfect trump-card against accountable living ever devised."
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Truthville wrote:
The explanation is quite simple: many of them don't land in the Philippines as trophy hunters and womanizers. Many of them are badly burned by previous relationships or a divorce, they are love and affection starved and the first non-repulsive young woman who shows a genuine desire to care for them and be loved back is certainly going to feel incredibly soothing to them and blind their adult sense of judgment. Many of such blind choices may well work, if the lady is honest, or may not.
And this statement is a great example of a generalization/stereotype. In addition, sorry, just because a person has "traveled" more than an "internet warrior" only makes their opinion about THIS issue still a matter of personal taste and preference. Not truth or fact, only opinion. Understand?
Truthville, sorry if you read that statement of mine above as a sweeping generalisation, and sorry if you felt annoyed by it. It's my opinion, of course, no intention to force-feed it into anybody's mouth. It looked obvious enough to me, though, that those well-intentioned men who travel to the Phils with a genuine desire to heal their wounds from previous relationships or marriages, or have put their past behind them and look forward to a younger life companion who will bless their more senior years; those people are not necessarily obsessed about finding a "8" or a "9" for the sake of it. They may have particular preferences, or maybe not. Chances are, if they're looking for genuine love, rather than a trophy wife, glamorous good looks might not rank on top of their priority list.

It then appears to me that to claim, as you do, that blending some racial (if not "racist") judgment in your tastes for women is legitimate, doesn't imply that express the same judgment beyond aesthetics is wrong.

Finally about stereotyping you negatively. I'm sure you implied I was criticising you for not being as well travelled as Rock or somebody else. Well, it's not a criticism, it's a fact. You can't base your judgment of people only based on what you read on the Internet. You could have a rough idea, a framework of mind. Yet, the ultimate validation, that which is most valid for yourself, is only obtained travelling to those places and actually meeting those women. Or perhaps meeting them where in place where you can find a few, perhaps in a context where you can easily compare and contrast. This is why I feel utterly blessed to have lived in London for quite a few years. I saw a nice slice of the world passing my by, and embraced that kind of "passive travelling" trying to learn as much as possible.

Having said that, nobody is saying you're not entitled to your opinions because you have travelled less than Rock. Only, when listening to Rock talking about girls from a place he has lived in for a prolonged period of time and with unbiased mind (unlike that poster who claimed to have spent 11 years in India and all he could say was that "Indian men are disgusting..."), I would tend to listen to him a tad more carefully.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Truthville wrote:Hey,

No problem Rock, you have the right to your opinions as do I.

Racist? Feel free, of course you realize that most racism is a symptom of some deeper problem or issue with the group a person is racist against?

The thing is, I personally find it kind of childish to put down another man's choice of lover/girlfriend/whatever, but to each his own.

Kosher? Interesting that people picked up on that. Just a little experiment.......

I don't apologize for my "tastes" and could really care less about the opinions of others UNLESS they make blanket generalizations that are intellectually "lazy" in which I am stereotyped negatively.

Validation from other men seems to be very important to many posters here. I find that sad and just another symptom of the "look at me.....admire me........" culture killing the west.

Not racist? Hmmm...............how about I make a statement like:

"It seems to me that Asian men are runty cowardly pussies whom, because of their small penis size, always seem to pick the more "ladyboy" type women that no man of any other race would touch. I see this everywhere I travel. Sissy little Asian men with slanted-eyed men in drag. Everyone knows that these overdone are really only with these pasty "he/shes" to please their families when everyone KNOWS they would rather white men and actually get beautiful women!"

Racist? Rock, in many posts, have said words to this effect about white men and white men ONLY.

I don't see WHY a person can't show a little sophistication/class and leave race out of such observations. Even the generic term "westerner" is better IMHO.

But I guess I'm the "minority" here!
Hey Truthville and others. It is true that many times I've put down Filipinas for superficial issues. Its one thing if a guy has been scammed left right and center by locals on the ground there and wants to rant while sharing his experiences and warning others.

But my criticisms have mainly been about physical characteristics. I'm sure that comes across badly to many. Winston has made a similar criticism of me in another thread today. Moreover, it seems the number of solid contributions on this forum has been on the decline for awhile now. Perhaps some are getting fed up with the negativity which seems to pop up so often. So I am sorry to those I've been offending and will try to tone it down and soften things going forward.

If defense of the Philippines, I will put out a few positives.

1. People there are not all brain dead simpletons as Winston and certain others have expressed in the past. In fact, I've met several intellectual types online and have found those to be better conversationalists than the bulk of people I've met in Taiwan. A couple of them are not even that fluent in Tagalog (or other Filipino language) as they've been using English all their lives at home, school, etc. even though they've lived all their lives in Metro Manila. And no, they are not rich high class people, just the educated class which is sort of serves the rich class in professional capacities - a solid middle to upper middle class if you will.

Moreover, people like them and many others relate much better to westerners than other Asians in the Far East. They are on the same wavelength, know our culture and icons, and think more like us in many ways than most people from the surrounding nations. Its very easy to forget they are Asian at all sometimes.

2. Many of the people I've met there or online seem to have a humble spirit. They are easygoing and do not seem to anger easily. I also noticed that they usually don't swear, at least not in English. They are very Asian in that they try to be tactful and avoid hurting others feelings. They have great patience for a lot of things too.

3. If you wanna be a sugar daddy, its probably much lower risk in Phils. than CIS, LatAm, Thailand, or most other places where such arrangements are possible. Larry Elterman's book has some good advice on how to manage such relationships. I think its often possible to keep a reasonable limit on the amount of regular of help you provide over the long term whereas in other places, it seems more likely that the treadmill will keep speeding up and you will eventually be bankrupted and spit out.

4. Many Filipinas seem to have very limited experience with opposite sex and some are even pure (virginal). That is much harder to find in most other hotspots.

5. Many Filipinas are less demanding on looks and age of their partners than girls from competing hotpots.

6. In many ways, Phils is very user friendly and lower cost for westerners than CIS, many parts of LatAm, or Africa. But Thailand is better in this regard and certain other SE Asian nations are arguably better in some ways as well.

7. I suspect that many Filipinas will have an easier time adjusting to life in the States than girls from other parts of Asia.

8. I've had the pleasure of meeting several women there who were not P4P and did not expect any financial help, at least for the short periods I have known them. You will probably encounter these kinds of "Santa Clause" expectation much more if you hang around Angeles and associate with girls mainly from Leyte and Samar. Actually, I don't think natives of Pampanga (the province where Angeles is located) are generally like that either.

9. I think it is possible for a westerner to associate with and even date within the professional local class in places like Makati if you live there longer term and take some of the measures Mr. S have talked about in the past.
celery2010
Freshman Poster

Post by celery2010 »

Rock wrote:
pete98146 wrote:If you are seeking an 8-10 then Phils is the place that you want to look. Finding an 8-10 in other asian countries would be very difficult. One of the cool things about Philippines is that occassionally you'll run into a flawless stunning woman who has NO IDEA how pretty she is. Chances are that you'll find these girls in the provinces and smaller cities. You can certainly find them at high end galas in Manila but 1) you'll have lots of competition from the local wealthy filipino guys and 2) you'll end up with a spoiled princess. No thanks.

I remember being with then fiancee (now wife) in Boracay. She went off to get some cash out of the ATM and I went browsing thru some of the outdoor shops while I waited for her to return. I remember being approached by this 18 year old girl (you could tell she was rather poor) selling flowers. She could have hopped right onto the pages of Playboy she was that beautiful. She did not have the princess attitude nor did she realize her level of beauty. The rich filipinos guys would show no interest in her because they are looking for a certain level of sophistication that she didn't possess.

Girls like this essentially fall between the cracks and they are there for the taking. If you get one and you continue to live a modest/medium life style then I think the chances of her turning into a princess will be minimalized.
I would qualify what u just said. For a western guy in his 20s or 30s, I would argue that Taipei is the much better place cus the per capita concentration of 8s and above is like 1,000s of times higher than anywhere in the Phils, lol. At least most people I know who've been to both places agree w/me that Taiwanese girls are on average in a totally different league than Pinays. And not all are divas. Some are actually down to earth and majority are open to dating westerners. Some might even be foreigner curious.

When u get older, Phils starts to win out in spite of the relative lack of very hot women. I would imagine a 40s guy with a lot of money as indicated in OP would have a decent shot. But personally, I think it must be impossible to find someone approaching an 8 in looks outside metro Manila, Pampanga, or perhaps vacationing in Boracay.

I've spent weeks in other parts such as Baguio, Cagayan de Oro, Cebu, Bacalod area, Subic Bay, Pampanga, and various areas 3 or more hours away from the cities. I honestly never saw anyone, outside of the Luzon areas mentioned above, who was better than a 5 or maybe 6 in my estimation and taking into account your photos. And remember, most of these girls are midget sized. The very rare tall ones are like 5'4" and 5'5", perhaps occasionally 5'6" if u get real lucky.

If you could lower your standards to around a solid 5 or maybe a questionable 6 and accept short stature, then your odds would shoot up and u could hunt outside of the snobby parts of Manila and Pampanga.
Wrong. Cebu actually has the highest concentration of mestizas (filipino and white/spanish blood) in the country per capita. However, they ARE known to be on the stuck up side, especially towards other filipinos. You can see them at Ayala Center and in some of the nightclubs in Cebu.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

celery2010 wrote:
Rock wrote:
pete98146 wrote:If you are seeking an 8-10 then Phils is the place that you want to look. Finding an 8-10 in other asian countries would be very difficult. One of the cool things about Philippines is that occassionally you'll run into a flawless stunning woman who has NO IDEA how pretty she is. Chances are that you'll find these girls in the provinces and smaller cities. You can certainly find them at high end galas in Manila but 1) you'll have lots of competition from the local wealthy filipino guys and 2) you'll end up with a spoiled princess. No thanks.

I remember being with then fiancee (now wife) in Boracay. She went off to get some cash out of the ATM and I went browsing thru some of the outdoor shops while I waited for her to return. I remember being approached by this 18 year old girl (you could tell she was rather poor) selling flowers. She could have hopped right onto the pages of Playboy she was that beautiful. She did not have the princess attitude nor did she realize her level of beauty. The rich filipinos guys would show no interest in her because they are looking for a certain level of sophistication that she didn't possess.

Girls like this essentially fall between the cracks and they are there for the taking. If you get one and you continue to live a modest/medium life style then I think the chances of her turning into a princess will be minimalized.
I would qualify what u just said. For a western guy in his 20s or 30s, I would argue that Taipei is the much better place cus the per capita concentration of 8s and above is like 1,000s of times higher than anywhere in the Phils, lol. At least most people I know who've been to both places agree w/me that Taiwanese girls are on average in a totally different league than Pinays. And not all are divas. Some are actually down to earth and majority are open to dating westerners. Some might even be foreigner curious.

When u get older, Phils starts to win out in spite of the relative lack of very hot women. I would imagine a 40s guy with a lot of money as indicated in OP would have a decent shot. But personally, I think it must be impossible to find someone approaching an 8 in looks outside metro Manila, Pampanga, or perhaps vacationing in Boracay.

I've spent weeks in other parts such as Baguio, Cagayan de Oro, Cebu, Bacalod area, Subic Bay, Pampanga, and various areas 3 or more hours away from the cities. I honestly never saw anyone, outside of the Luzon areas mentioned above, who was better than a 5 or maybe 6 in my estimation and taking into account your photos. And remember, most of these girls are midget sized. The very rare tall ones are like 5'4" and 5'5", perhaps occasionally 5'6" if u get real lucky.

If you could lower your standards to around a solid 5 or maybe a questionable 6 and accept short stature, then your odds would shoot up and u could hunt outside of the snobby parts of Manila and Pampanga.
Wrong. Cebu actually has the highest concentration of mestizas (filipino and white/spanish blood) in the country per capita. However, they ARE known to be on the stuck up side, especially towards other filipinos. You can see them at Ayala Center and in some of the nightclubs in Cebu.
Well I did go to both Ayala Mall and SM Mall in Cebu a few times to scout around a bit and enjoy some American food at TGI Fridays but really didn't see much to my liking. In all those visits, I only approached one girl (quite chubby) and was summarily shot down, lol. I was also approached twice, both times in Ayala - once by a ladyboy and once by a small and peitite girl who came from a provincial town 4 hours away.

The only clubs I visited were all either in IT Park and Mango Square area. I did see a lot of Koreans in both areas and found a couple great Korean restaurants.

When do the mesizas tend to congregate in Ayala Mall and which ares and which clubs do you find them in large concentrations? Are a lot of the mesitizas taller?
celery2010
Freshman Poster

Post by celery2010 »

Hi. I was travelling in Asia on a big long trip earlier this year. I was in Taiwan in April and was in the Phil in April and May. I think that there is a lot of misinformation here.

1. Phil is not full of 8+ girls like in the OP's pic. However, they can be found, and i agree that they are most prevalent in Manila and to a lesser degree, Cebu.

2. A high number of people of Chinese descent and/or (mostly) mixed chinese descent reside in the Phil.

3. Girls of pure Malay descent are not necessarily unattractive. In fact, in the Phils, i prefer girls who are mostly Malay. I do not seek out the more east asian looking types. If you are seeking east asians types, why go to the Phils?

4. Although some of the gf's of older white gentlemen i saw were not that attractive, some of them were quite pretty, although many were quite dark.

5. I don't see Taiwan as the "end all be all" when it comes to women in Asia. Are there attractive women in Taiwan? Sure. Is it the best place in Asia. Nope. I don't understand why the Rock is compared Pinays with the Taiwanese and Koreans.

6. I don't really understand why you keep bringing up the Koreans in the Phils. They are most prevalent in Cebu and perhaps in Boracay, although i'd say Boracay is now more mainland Chinese. If you are looking for curvier, taller women, i recommend you either go north to NE China/Korea or west to Indonesia/Malaysia.

Generally speaking, if you have never been to the Phils, The Rock and Winston are right. It's a pretty dumpy country and quite dirty in many places. HOWEVER, similar to many Latin countries, the wealthy live very well, and the nice areas in the Phils are VERY NICE. Go to the Fort (Fort Bonifacio) in Manila. It's REALLY nice there, even nicer than areas in many Western countries!!

The Phils is also very westernized and very influenced by America and also by Latin culture. You can find Costco pizza, latin type festivals, even Taco Bell (only in Manila)!!

As far as the women, it's also true, most women in the Phils don't look that great. However, there ARE nice looking women in the Phils, even in the provinces. Yet sometimes, it IS like looking for a needle in a haystack. But not to worry, in the Phils, women are on the easy side. So once you find a nice Pinay girl, it will be easier to win her over than in other countries.

Last edited by celery2010 on September 25th, 2012, 11:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

[/quote]

Wrong. Cebu actually has the highest concentration of mestizas (filipino and white/spanish blood) in the country per capita. However, they ARE known to be on the stuck up side, especially towards other filipinos. You can see them at Ayala Center and in some of the nightclubs in Cebu.[/quote]

Cool thing about Phils is there can be such a mix in their looks. Believe it or not, I'm not that turned on by the "Luzon look" because they are less mixed. The Visayian girls are a different story because they do have more spanish blood. We can take my wife for example. Mucho spanish blood on her fathers side gives my wife a nice unique look. Although she's still short at 5'2, she has a more oval face and doesn't have the "filipino nose." Some filipinos are unsure whether my wife is filipino.

Quick funny story. Here in Seattle they have a big mall that they built a huge filipino supermarket and restaurants. Filipinos from all over come and hang out in that section of the mall for hours. My wife and her gf from Mindinao were walking by a group of filipino men who were enjoying their meal and one of them shouted out, "oh those are Visayian Girls."

So it all boils down to personal preference. Rock talks about girls from northern asia. I know a ton of them and they do nothing for me. Beauty is definitely in the eye of the beholder. I'll still take a sexy, kind, cute, affectionate, smart filipina and put her on the top of my list every time and this is coming from a guy who has traveled quite a bit :)
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

celery2010 wrote:Hi. I was travelling in Asia on a big long trip earlier this year. I was in Taiwan in April and was in the Phil in April and May. I think that there is a lot of misinformation here.

1. Phil is not full of 8+ girls like in the OP's pic. However, they can be found, and i agree that they are most prevalent in Manila and to a lesser degree, Cebu.
2. A high number of people of Chinese descent and/or (mostly) mixed chinese descent reside in the Phil.
3. Girls of pure Malay descent are not necessarily unattractive. In fact, in the Phils, i prefer girls who are mostly Malay. I do not seek out the more east asian looking types. If you are seeking east asians types, why go to the Phils?
4. Although some of the gf's of older white gentlemen i saw were not that attractive, some of them were quite pretty, although many were quite dark.
5. I don't see Taiwan as the "end all be all" when it comes to women in Asia. Are there attractive women in Taiwan? Sure. Is it the best place in Asia. Nope. I don't understand why the Rock is compared Pinays with the Taiwanese and Koreans.
6. I don't really understand why you keep bringing up the Koreans in the Phils. They are most prevalent in Cebu and perhaps in Boracay, although i'd say Boracay is now more mainland Chinese. If you are looking for curvier, taller women, i recommend you either go north to NE China/Korea or west to Indonesia/Malaysia.

Generally speaking, if you have never been to the Phils, The Rock and Winston are right. It's a pretty dumpy country and quite dirty in many places. HOWEVER, similar to many Latin countries, the wealthy live very well, and the nice areas in the Phils are VERY NICE. Go to the Fort (Fort Bonifacio) in Manila. It's REALLY nice there, even nicer than areas in many Western countries!!

The Phils is also very westernized and very influenced by America and also by Latin culture. You can find Costco pizza, latin type festivals, even Taco Bell (only in Manila)!!

As far as the women, it's also true, most women in the Phils don't look that great. However, there ARE nice looking women in the Phils, even in the provinces. Yet sometimes, it IS like looking for a needle in a haystack. But not to worry, in the Phils, women are on the easy side. So once you find a nice Pinay girl, it will be easier to win her over than in other countries.
Thanks for the mini trip report!

1. I refer to Koreans a lot cus the girls who usually turn my head there (Cebu and certain other areas) happen to be Koreans. Moreover, I'm not a big fan of the food choices in most of Phils. (similar to Winston) so Korean restaurants stand-out like a mini oasis. So, next question, why don't I go to Korea? Well, believe it or not, I find it to be a rather depressing country to visit. I don't like the weather most of the year, Seoul is way too big and spread out, and the people are just not very friendly or easy to meet or talk with, at least for the likes of me, a white guy who doesn't speak Korean. Prices are kind of expensive there too.

2. The Fort or say Rockwell are impressive enclaves. Power Plant Mall is a showy boutique style shopping center. But those areas are pretty tiny, full of gated compounds or restricted access condos, and not cheap to live in, even by western standards. I believe condo rents for 1 beds in those areas start at 60,000-80,000 Pesos a month for the better developments. Hotels in the immediate vicinity are going to be pretty pricey too. And in those areas, don't expect the same Filipino friendliness and hospitality you might get elsewhere.

3. I have compared Pinays to Taiwanese and Korans in the past because that's my reference point and I think it's a more reasonable basis for comparison. Using western girls from the States is too low a bar, at least on this forum, lol. In the eyes of most here, America is the land of beached whales and feminazi bitches who rank no better than a 2 or 3.

4. Where did you go in Taiwan? You should have PMed me. I would have given you some places to check-out.

5. For taller women NE China is a good rec. If you wanna add curvy to the mix, throw-in parts of Taiwan and Korea. Maybe Malaysia (KL and Johor Bahru) as well. But not Indonesia. The Chinese minority there is a very small percentage and tends to be small size wise too. And native Javanese are just as small if not smaller than pure Malay Filipinos/Filipinas.
Truthville
Freshman Poster

Post by Truthville »

No problem Rock and thanks!

I actually like your posts and feel that you impart very valuable information based on your travels and observations.

It's just the "stereotypes" that annoy me. Perhaps because I like to think that I DON'T fit the stereotypical white foreigner in Asia.

The whole "beauty" thing? I feel that even though it is "objective" for every one, the "western" cultural/consumer complex has tried so hard and mostly succeeded in "stamping" their notions of attractiveness upon western minds for both sexes.

I don't like that!

So.............when I read posts by people not simply stating an opinion of what's beautiful in a women to their eyes BUT seeming to state such opinions as "universal standards," then I tend to get a little annoyed.

I believe that the "physical" attractiveness of a woman is VERY important and yet......her personality, her education, her attitude, her sense of humor and her views of various topics/subjects CAN be, eventually MORE important in the long run.

Generalizations are usually true to a point BUT I try to force myself to look beyond them. It's rare that I meet people whom disprove most generalizations, but they are out there.

Just my views...........

No harm done ROck and you as well publicdende.

BTW The woman I am talking to is a Visayan!

:D
"What we are seeing in this headless misandry is a grand display of the Tyranny of the Underdog: "I am a wretchedly longstanding victim;therefore I own no burden of adult accountability, nor need to honor any restraint against my words and actions. In fact, all efforts to restrain me are only further proof of my oppressed condition."

"It is the most perfect trump-card against accountable living ever devised."
celery2010
Freshman Poster

Post by celery2010 »

Rock wrote:
celery2010 wrote:Hi. I was travelling in Asia on a big long trip earlier this year. I was in Taiwan in April and was in the Phil in April and May. I think that there is a lot of misinformation here.

Thanks for the mini trip report!

1. I refer to Koreans a lot cus the girls who usually turn my head there (Cebu and certain other areas) happen to be Koreans. Moreover, I'm not a big fan of the food choices in most of Phils. (similar to Winston) so Korean restaurants stand-out like a mini oasis. So, next question, why don't I go to Korea? Well, believe it or not, I find it to be a rather depressing country to visit. I don't like the weather most of the year, Seoul is way too big and spread out, and the people are just not very friendly or easy to meet or talk with, at least for the likes of me, a white guy who doesn't speak Korean. Prices are kind of expensive there too.

2. The Fort or say Rockwell are impressive enclaves. Power Plant Mall is a showy boutique style shopping center. But those areas are pretty tiny, full of gated compounds or restricted access condos, and not cheap to live in, even by western standards. I believe condo rents for 1 beds in those areas start at 60,000-80,000 Pesos a month for the better developments. Hotels in the immediate vicinity are going to be pretty pricey too. And in those areas, don't expect the same Filipino friendliness and hospitality you might get elsewhere.

3. I have compared Pinays to Taiwanese and Korans in the past because that's my reference point and I think it's a more reasonable basis for comparison. Using western girls from the States is too low a bar, at least on this forum, lol. In the eyes of most here, America is the land of beached whales and feminazi bitches who rank no better than a 2 or 3.

4. Where did you go in Taiwan? You should have PMed me. I would have given you some places to check-out.

5. For taller women NE China is a good rec. If you wanna add curvy to the mix, throw-in parts of Taiwan and Korea. Maybe Malaysia (KL and Johor Bahru) as well. But not Indonesia. The Chinese minority there is a very small percentage and tends to be small size wise too. And native Javanese are just as small if not smaller than pure Malay Filipinos/Filipinas.

Sorry, but wrong again. Many girls in Indonesia can be tall and quite curvy. In fact, i would compare them as being similar to latinas; much more genuinely curvier than NE Chinese/Koreans.

Another thing is that the most attractive women in Indonesia are full Indonesian or mixed, definitely not the ethnic Chinese women.

If you like curvy women, you are MUCH better off looking at ethnic Malays-- Filipinas, Malays and Indonesians, even southern Thais (again not the mixed ones), than say Taiwanese.

I'll have to hit you guys up next time I'm in Asia and show you how it's done.

In Taiwan, did a circle of the entire island. I started in Taipei, went east to Hualien and Taroko Gorge, drove down the east coast of Taiwan along the beach and went to Taitung and Dulan. Which reminds me that i should mention that here. Then i went to Kaohsiung, spent a lot of time there and went to Tainan. Then from there i went back to Taipei.

It's a shame i never went to Kenting or Taichung, and never got to see the interior mountains or a place like Alishan. I did see some of the mountains near Taitung though.

BTW, i really recommend the east coast-- it's totally pristine, it's clean and the people are a LOT FRIENDLIER.

And here about Dulan:

Dulan is very close to Taitung, on the SE coast. It is a town on the beach full of Taiwanese artists, dropouts, musicians, "hippies"- you name it. It is very beautiful there and i met a ton of people there. It is also very friendly there and the people are very laid-back-- the complete opposite of what Winston calls "cold, unfeeling, stressful, etc". However it is really small and not that huge a scene.

But Taiwan is a very small place. Easily a good place to visit for the weekend.

BTW- i recommend the east coast of Taiwan over the west coast. It is far more pristine AND the people are MUCH friendlier. On the east coast, the bus driver would start conversations with me.