Coming Here Soon - Japan

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Twobrains
Freshman Poster

Coming Here Soon - Japan

Post by Twobrains »

For those of us in the UK or who have access to iPlayer, I recommend taking a look at the BBC3 documentary Coming Here Soon. It gives an interesting insight into the lives of young people in Japan: ultra-conformism, homeless people sleeping in internet cafes, graduates getting jobs as security guards and being put through a tough boot-camp, 14 to 18 hour days for some restaurant workers, 20 counter-culture types living in a one-bedroom flat. Very interesting.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Not a bad programme, but she's hardly our best investigative journalist. Still, she made it through the Japan episode of the programme without crying. That was the most interesting thing about it.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Twobrains
Freshman Poster

Post by Twobrains »

Haha, she's an airhead, but her heart seems to be in the right place. No crying? I'm sure I saw some suppressed blubbing from her when those security guards graduated!

So you knew all that about Japan already, Xiongmao? Maybe you should be making documentaries instead of fiddling about with dating sites?
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Yeah, I've been to Japan 4 times and I've seen some stuff. Incredible stuff. Like I was actually inside the Tokyo stock exchange on the day in 2008 when the market fell 10%. I don't even know if it was open to the public, I just sort of wandered in lol.

I went enough times that I found the wierd stuff like shops selling school girls panties and whale meat. But I won't profess to understanding anything I saw out there.

I did take a load of movies in Japan but I haven't go round to youtubing them up.

She didn't blub as much as she did in her Thailand documentary. Maybe she's battle hardened now.

I did like that Japanese girl she went to the speed dating with though. Wow, she had some exotic looks. I need to find a Chinese girl who looks like her.

I do miss Japan but I've found it a lot easier to engage with the locals in China.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

Twobrains wrote:Haha, she's an airhead, but her heart seems to be in the right place.
Upon looking this show up I found out you're talking about Stacey Dooley. I previously made a thread about her: viewtopic.php?t=12450

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... ising_Sun/
Twobrains
Freshman Poster

Post by Twobrains »

Wow, the 2008 crash - I would have loved to have seen that!

Odbo, thanks for your contribution.
magnum
Junior Poster

Post by magnum »

it's interesting what you said about japanese girls vs chinese girls.

I have only limited experience with japanese girls, I went to dinner with one once, I've only dated a chinese girl.

if I went abroad it would probably be to china, as it's the best place from me to get a job to supplement my living and expenses.

What was the main difference between the Chinese and Japanese girls, throw me a pm if you'd like I'd be interested to chat about this.