South Korea...

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

South Korea...

Post by chanta76 »

OK..I should share some of my experience about South Korea because it seems like people have this preconceive notion that South Korea is unfriendly place and hard to score with girls.

Here is a run down. For me..compared to USA. South Korea was 10 times easier but that's just my experience. Another guy might even do better or worst. I'm Korean American..I'm in my mid 30 years now but my first major trip to South Korea was 2004. That's when I discover that location does matter. Here in America I had to deal with racism and self-hating Asian girls who sold out...but in Korea..I landed my first real girl friend. I dated more girls in my entire life in those few months I stayed there compared to my entire life in USA.

I wanted to relocate but it was tough with work and other issues. But I did meet a Korean girl in Korea. She is currently my girl friend. OK how did I do it? Same thing if you plan on trying to get a Philippine or Thailand girl. Join a dating site that is international. There is Korean dating site like Korean friend finder or even Korean cupid. I haven't tried them all so I can't say which is best.

Let say you don't like online dating and you fly to South Korea and you have only 10 days. Well...unless if your really good looking and speak Korean fluent and have good game you might have a shot..BUT if your an average guy it doesn't matter if your white , Asian or etc....your going to have an uphill battle.

First thing is South Korea is not like the Philippines where your going to find p4p action. Don't get me wrong South Korea does have a red light district...I get to that later but you want to meet a regular girl.

Well..in Korea looks , age and back ground DOES matter. I hate to say it but it does. So if your 50 years old thinking of landing a 23 years old Korean girl...it's not going to happen unless your really really special. Again South Korea is not like the Philippines.

It helps if your decent looking. Racially if a Korean girl does date outside the race white guys have the advantage. Being not too old is better to..OK ..I know everything I'm saying sounds like Korea sucks...but again this is from experience...and what I saw.

Places to go to try pick up. There is bar called JJ which is located at Hyatt Hotel. Just ask a taxi driver and they know. I went there and saw lots of guys trying to pick up on Korean girls. JJ's is probably one of the few bars where age doesn't matter. You can be 40's or even 50's and try pick up...and at the same time at JJ's you do have working girls there. You can spot them easy..they usually sit around the inner bar waiting for a guy to hit on them. This place is expat friendly and you see a fair number of foreigners there.

Postive: No age limit. You can be old. There is working girls there so yeah you can pay for it. (I never paid so have no idea what the rates are.)
Negative: It's very much like a western bar . You see some hot looking Korean girls but they can be stuck up .

Hongik clubs...this is near Hong ik University..where there is high concentration of clubs.

Positive: Lots of ESL teachers and expats go there so it is foreign friendly. Some of the Korean girls that go there are open to foreign guys. Lots of clubs so easy to club hop. And lots of girls..lots....

Negative: Age is BIG factor here. This is young crowd like early 20's that hang out there so if your 40's years old it be tough . This is more for the younger guys. The Korean girls here can be stuck up...but there are so many of them so who knows.

Ittaewon ---Consider to be the foreign hang out place of South Korea. There is this one place called Hooker hill where you can find p4p action. I never tried it so I can't say anything about it.

To be honest I haven't tried many of the clubs or the bars in It tae won. So I can't say for sure how it's like but it's consider a place where expats hang out. You do see them in certain bars but also allot of Koreans go there to party.

Booking club.... What is a booking club? You find them through Korea. You go in order bottle service and a table. Spend anywhere from few hundred dollars to maybe even more. The waiter brings the girls to you. For the most part the girls are regular girls looking for good time. So the girl sits with you share a drink...and if she likes you and things work well...you can hang out later or maybe even take it further.

Postive: Waiters brings the girl to you so there is no need to approach. If you like drinking than you like booking to.

Negative: It's costly...plus most booking clubs are for Koreans only. So unless you speak Korean or have a Korean friend your going to have hard time. There are some booking clubs that are for expats..so you could find those. There is nothing guarantee. Just because a waiter brings girl doesn't mean she has to sit there. So you have to have some game...

So if I had 10 days in South Korea. This is what I do. First night hang out in JJ's try to do some pick up. Try to make a Korean friend ...just be friendly...than go to Hongik if your still young go for it. If your too old you can skip hongik and try it-taewon and try some some of the expat bars. Find a booking club and try that.

If your looking for p4p action... that's whole other story....

South Korea is tough....I mean even for Korean american guys it can be tough but not as tough as america...I never been to the Philippines but from reading everyone account. Dating in Korea was like 10 times easier something is telling me if I visit the Philippines it be like 1000000 times easier...
DevilsAdvocate
Freshman Poster

Re: South Korea...

Post by DevilsAdvocate »

chanta76 wrote:OK..I should share some of my experience about South Korea because it seems like people have this preconceive notion that South Korea is unfriendly place and hard to score with girls.

Here is a run down. For me..compared to USA. South Korea was 10 times easier but that's just my experience. Another guy might even do better or worst. I'm Korean American..I'm in my mid 30 years now but my first major trip to South Korea was 2004. That's when I discover that location does matter. Here in America I had to deal with racism and self-hating Asian girls who sold out...but in Korea..I landed my first real girl friend. I dated more girls in my entire life in those few months I stayed there compared to my entire life in USA.

I wanted to relocate but it was tough with work and other issues. But I did meet a Korean girl in Korea. She is currently my girl friend. OK how did I do it? Same thing if you plan on trying to get a Philippine or Thailand girl. Join a dating site that is international. There is Korean dating site like Korean friend finder or even Korean cupid. I haven't tried them all so I can't say which is best.

Let say you don't like online dating and you fly to South Korea and you have only 10 days. Well...unless if your really good looking and speak Korean fluent and have good game you might have a shot..BUT if your an average guy it doesn't matter if your white , Asian or etc....your going to have an uphill battle.

First thing is South Korea is not like the Philippines where your going to find p4p action. Don't get me wrong South Korea does have a red light district...I get to that later but you want to meet a regular girl.

Well..in Korea looks , age and back ground DOES matter. I hate to say it but it does. So if your 50 years old thinking of landing a 23 years old Korean girl...it's not going to happen unless your really really special. Again South Korea is not like the Philippines.

It helps if your decent looking. Racially if a Korean girl does date outside the race white guys have the advantage. Being not too old is better to..OK ..I know everything I'm saying sounds like Korea sucks...but again this is from experience...and what I saw.

Places to go to try pick up. There is bar called JJ which is located at Hyatt Hotel. Just ask a taxi driver and they know. I went there and saw lots of guys trying to pick up on Korean girls. JJ's is probably one of the few bars where age doesn't matter. You can be 40's or even 50's and try pick up...and at the same time at JJ's you do have working girls there. You can spot them easy..they usually sit around the inner bar waiting for a guy to hit on them. This place is expat friendly and you see a fair number of foreigners there.

Postive: No age limit. You can be old. There is working girls there so yeah you can pay for it. (I never paid so have no idea what the rates are.)
Negative: It's very much like a western bar . You see some hot looking Korean girls but they can be stuck up .

Hongik clubs...this is near Hong ik University..where there is high concentration of clubs.

Positive: Lots of ESL teachers and expats go there so it is foreign friendly. Some of the Korean girls that go there are open to foreign guys. Lots of clubs so easy to club hop. And lots of girls..lots....

Negative: Age is BIG factor here. This is young crowd like early 20's that hang out there so if your 40's years old it be tough . This is more for the younger guys. The Korean girls here can be stuck up...but there are so many of them so who knows.

Ittaewon ---Consider to be the foreign hang out place of South Korea. There is this one place called Hooker hill where you can find p4p action. I never tried it so I can't say anything about it.

To be honest I haven't tried many of the clubs or the bars in It tae won. So I can't say for sure how it's like but it's consider a place where expats hang out. You do see them in certain bars but also allot of Koreans go there to party.

Booking club.... What is a booking club? You find them through Korea. You go in order bottle service and a table. Spend anywhere from few hundred dollars to maybe even more. The waiter brings the girls to you. For the most part the girls are regular girls looking for good time. So the girl sits with you share a drink...and if she likes you and things work well...you can hang out later or maybe even take it further.

Postive: Waiters brings the girl to you so there is no need to approach. If you like drinking than you like booking to.

Negative: It's costly...plus most booking clubs are for Koreans only. So unless you speak Korean or have a Korean friend your going to have hard time. There are some booking clubs that are for expats..so you could find those. There is nothing guarantee. Just because a waiter brings girl doesn't mean she has to sit there. So you have to have some game...

So if I had 10 days in South Korea. This is what I do. First night hang out in JJ's try to do some pick up. Try to make a Korean friend ...just be friendly...than go to Hongik if your still young go for it. If your too old you can skip hongik and try it-taewon and try some some of the expat bars. Find a booking club and try that.

If your looking for p4p action... that's whole other story....

South Korea is tough....I mean even for Korean american guys it can be tough but not as tough as america...I never been to the Philippines but from reading everyone account. Dating in Korea was like 10 times easier something is telling me if I visit the Philippines it be like 1000000 times easier...

I go to a sushi place here and everyone that works there is Korean, I thought they were all Japanese for the longest time until I asked one of the waitresses how long she has been away from Japan and she told me she is from Korea and everybody there is Korean :-)

Anyway, these girls all working there are very attractive and very classy, no doubts about that, but they seem very stuck up to me. But I'm a white guy and I guess maybe there is some feelings there where they want to keep to their own race.

Nothing wrong with that of course....

Just as the Filipina and the Thai needs money and are pursuing foreign men for that purpose, foreign men like white guys like me for instance are forced into looking elsewhere for a women. Or at least let's say we want something different than what we've had for so long.

I have never even dated an Asian girl before, one Mexican girl and the rest were all white girls....

There is a rift now between white girls and white guys, and I think it runs deep too and getting deeper, a hatred and resentment between both of them.

It's interesting though how you were able to go to another country and have such success, in what might be considered a cold country as such for relationships like that. And I think it goes to further show just how messed up the USA is for relationships, not just for white guys but for Asian guys and black guys and Latin guys.

I cannot speak for anybody else but I really don't like the white girls anymore, I mean, that is what I should be going out with, a white girl, right?

And yet I basically cannot stand them, they make me sick to my stomach....

While a sweet Thai girl and the way she speaks and looks and acts makes me very attracted to them.

I also find Filipinas very attractive, maybe the most attractive of all because I like that Spanish mixed in to the Asian look, it gives them a nice unique look and I find it very attractive for sure....

Personally I think all girls are messed up, that's just their nature, and what you really want is the maximum power you can get over them, and then keep a hold of that power. Because a man knows how to handle power and how to be fair with it, a woman does not.

So the Philippines and Thailand attract for those reasons.

But if you are Korean and find a quality Korean girl, you should never look back and take her off the market, they don't seem to flirt or anything like that and they seem devoted women from what I can see....

Good luck....