Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.

Scam free! Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Anyone been to Lijiang China?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

Anyone been to Lijiang China?

Postby drealm » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:59 am

Modern china seems to be building horrible architecture at the speed of light.

But I found this city called Lijiang that looks amazing! Anyone been?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9HHW21QzC0[/youtube]
drealm
Junior Poster

Postby Falcon » Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:35 pm

I haven't been to Lijiang, Yunnan, but I've traveled around southern Yunnan. Dali and Lijiang are popular hangout spots for foreign backpackers. I would suggest going to lesser-known places for an "authentic" experience where the area doesn't try to cater to naive tourists.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Re: Anyone been to Lijiang China?

Postby Jester » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:35 pm

drealm wrote:Modern china seems to be building horrible architecture at the speed of light.

But I found this city called Lijiang that looks amazing! Anyone been?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9HHW21QzC0[/youtube]

Like a dream!
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby celery2010 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:49 am

I went to Lijiang around October last year (2011). It now has A LOT of tourists. Probably the most touristy place in China outside of places like The Great Wall, Terra Cotta Warriors and the Forbidden Palace.

I would recommend Dali over Lijiang, however, Lijiang DOES have a LOT of pretty women who visit there. However, prices are extremely high there (well, for China that is).

Yet, it is a pretty place. It is quite high in altitude so it was a little chilly there.

You can easily visit Lijiang, Dali and Kunming all in the same trip. They are all next to each other. There is probably not a better place than Yunnan to meet Chinese people on vacation. Good luck.
celery2010
Freshman Poster

Return to Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand