Anyone been to Lijiang China?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
drealm
Junior Poster

Anyone been to Lijiang China?

Post by drealm »

Modern china seems to be building horrible architecture at the speed of light.

But I found this city called Lijiang that looks amazing! Anyone been?

Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

I haven't been to Lijiang, Yunnan, but I've traveled around southern Yunnan. Dali and Lijiang are popular hangout spots for foreign backpackers. I would suggest going to lesser-known places for an "authentic" experience where the area doesn't try to cater to naive tourists.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Anyone been to Lijiang China?

Post by Jester »

drealm wrote:Modern china seems to be building horrible architecture at the speed of light.

But I found this city called Lijiang that looks amazing! Anyone been?

Like a dream!
celery2010
Freshman Poster

Post by celery2010 »

I went to Lijiang around October last year (2011). It now has A LOT of tourists. Probably the most touristy place in China outside of places like The Great Wall, Terra Cotta Warriors and the Forbidden Palace.

I would recommend Dali over Lijiang, however, Lijiang DOES have a LOT of pretty women who visit there. However, prices are extremely high there (well, for China that is).

Yet, it is a pretty place. It is quite high in altitude so it was a little chilly there.

You can easily visit Lijiang, Dali and Kunming all in the same trip. They are all next to each other. There is probably not a better place than Yunnan to meet Chinese people on vacation. Good luck.