Japan?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Japan?

Post by fschmidt »

Does Japan have a future? By this I mean, will it remain a civilized country where people act with consideration for each other, not like selfish animals? Will it resist modern culture and not succumb to liberalism and feminism?

I lived in Japan about 20 years ago and it was very civilized. I haven't been back since. Since then, I have seen idiotic game shows on YouTube like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dS3tjP6Yh1w

There was nothing like this on Japanese TV when I was there. But still Japan seems to maintain a low illegitimacy rate which is a good sign.

So I am asking those who live in Japan or have been there several times including recently whether Japan will follow the rest of the world into the sewer or whether it will maintain decency. I plan to visit Japan again soon to see for myself, but I would like to hear other opinions before I go.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

polya
Junior Poster

Post by polya »

Duplicate
Last edited by polya on September 7th, 2012, 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Woman is a violent and uncontrolled animal... If you allow them to achieve complete equality with men, do you think they will be easier to live with? Not at all. Once they have achieved equality, they will be your masters." Cato the Elder
polya
Junior Poster

Post by polya »

I believe Japan will be destroyed & made un-inhabitable by Fukushima & by future disasters like earthquakes. But, don't let this stop you from going now.
Last edited by polya on September 7th, 2012, 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Woman is a violent and uncontrolled animal... If you allow them to achieve complete equality with men, do you think they will be easier to live with? Not at all. Once they have achieved equality, they will be your masters." Cato the Elder
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Japan is historically an extremely resilient and disciplined society, who had to adapt to an inhospitable land with very scarce resources. The Fukushima disaster and any calamity that may occur in the future will bend but not break the spirit of this amazing people.

In terms of their economy, the new generation of managers and entrepreneurs are nowhere near as naive as the previous two, and aren't making the mistake of relinquishing cheap credit and paying overpriced assets overseas. There are a few signs that Japan is moving in all the right direction.

Of course there are severe social problems, like the aging population and young people's disillusions towards a shrinking job market. Still, innovation and R&D are still going high, and they are probably the only nation in the world to try and offer hi-tech solution to social problems. If in 50 years we will have robot nannies and nurses taking care of the elderlies, we will have seen them in Japan first.

My opinion? Japan will still be standing while US and Europe will have civil war like scenarios happening.