Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

How about Burma?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

How about Burma?

Postby Banano » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:11 am

It has over 60 million people and most of them are Buddhists, located next to Thailand got me thinking, is it hidden gem?

Are women easy going and willing? :lol:
Banano
Veteran Poster

Postby zacb » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:23 pm

I thoght about this too. I was thinking from an investment perspective, but still an interesting thought. Jim Rogers said that opportunities are starting to open up. Should be interesting regardless.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
zacb
Experienced Poster

Postby ClearView » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:28 am

f**k no way would I live in Burma, travel yes, live no. Investment may be.
ClearView
Freshman Poster

Postby OutWest » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:54 am

I have traveled far more than most in Burma. I am not sure what your question is exactly....easy going and willing? Burma is a very complex place as are it's multiple ethnic groups.

You mean are they easy going and open to casual sex with touring foreigners? A much as it is difficult for some to realize, most "foreign" girls are not interested in providing free whoring services for foreign travelers...

I have come to the conclusion that most American men are about as pathetic as most American women.
A nation of she-pricks and he-bitches...no offense intended to the exceptions...

Outwest
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Postby zboy1 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:17 am

Burma is the next great Asian tiger economy. If I had the money, I would invest in the country immediately; not only that, but Western influences hasn't yet corrupted the country as it has done in other Asian countries. I'd rather be in a country pre-modernization than after-modernization.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby E_Irizarry » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:12 am

zboy1 wrote:Burma is the next great Asian tiger economy. If I had the money, I would invest in the country immediately; not only that, but Western influences hasn't yet corrupted the country as it has done in other Asian countries. I'd rather be in a country pre-modernization than after-modernization.

You should replace the term modernization with westernization. Not alll modernization is westernization necessarily.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Postby zacb » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:46 pm

True. Look at Libya. I remeber seeing a photo of Tripoli before and after the was. The transport lanes kind of reminded you of Lincoln park. Also, take the case of UAE.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
zacb
Experienced Poster

Postby NorthAmericanguy » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:29 pm

Don't know much about Burma, but I remember a while back this hot Burmese woman was killed in California back in 2011. It made headlines because her boyfriend was rich.

NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Return to Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand