How well will an Asian-American like me fair in PI?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Dragon
Junior Poster

How well will an Asian-American like me fair in PI?

Post by Dragon »

xx
Last edited by Dragon on May 29th, 2015, 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Very well of course. Have you seen my photo collage? In fact, the hottest Filipinas that date foreigners are usually on the arm of Korean guys, not white guys.

But you should go to Thailand and Philippines first and decide for yourself which is better. Both are hot spots for Asian guys. And Thailand has better infrastructure and food.

The general population looks up and admires foreign Asians there.

No one cares if you drink alcohol or not. In bars, you can order juice or soft drinks. As long as you pay, no one cares. People are not judgmental about little things like that, as long as you pay of course.

Filipinas are simple and sweet and like nice guys. You don't have to do anything to court them. Just ask them out, say sweet things and treat them nicely, and many will fall for you.

But most of the girls that like you will be poor low class types. The middle class ones can be just as snobby as in the US. The only nice middle class girls I've seen there are chubby unattractive ones.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Dragon
Junior Poster

Post by Dragon »

xx
Last edited by Dragon on May 29th, 2015, 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

You can test out what I say right now. Go to http://www.dateinasia.com and chat up some Filipinas there. It's a free dating site. There are many of them there and they are desperate. You will see what I mean. They are easy to please. You can talk about anything. Even if you talk about quantum physics, they will just smile and nod even though they don't know what you are talking about. They are very relaxed and nonjudgmental. They have no ability to evaluate, judge or criticize. As long as you are nice and pay for them, they don't care what you talk about.

Go to that site, sign up, send a message to some Filipinas, and you will see what I mean.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Dragon
Junior Poster

Post by Dragon »

x
Last edited by Dragon on May 29th, 2015, 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

You will do very well if you go to the Philippines. Also, such countries as Thailand and Vietnam will accept you very well, and you will find many women there. Based on what you have described about yourself, you may enjoy VN more and be more compatible with a VNese girl. These are very serious and smart and drop dead gorgeous.

The Philippines is easier because people speak English and they are also a mixed race and Christians to boot ( although still very much Hindu on the inside). Visas are easier to get and one can stay there long term with a US passport.

Because Filipinas are easy to approach and get to know, after dating many of them, you may settle on the one you like.

In all of those countries it helps if you learn the culture and their ways- read up on how they do things - get one of those "Culture Shock the Philippines" books.

Having Oriental facial features is a big plus as you will not have to deal with Asians' complexes towards "foreigners"- other Asians are not foreigners to them.

The online route may or may not work. Try all approaches.

Just go there and date as many professional girls as you can.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Dragon
Junior Poster

Post by Dragon »

x
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Dragon wrote:
Winston wrote:You can test out what I say right now. Go to http://www.dateinasia.com and chat up some Filipinas there. It's a free dating site. There are many of them there and they are desperate. You will see what I mean. They are easy to please. You can talk about anything. Even if you talk about quantum physics, they will just smile and nod even though they don't know what you are talking about. They are very relaxed and nonjudgmental. They have no ability to evaluate, judge or criticize. As long as you are nice and pay for them, they don't care what you talk about.

Go to that site, sign up, send a message to some Filipinas, and you will see what I mean.
I'm not sure how talking in an online medium to filipinas will be a good measure for how they are. How do I know they are not just putting on airs and telling me the things I want to hear? I could tell them "you're really nice and beautiful" and not mean it. They are women after all. I have a hard time accepting that they have no ability to evaluage, judge, or criticize. I think it might be a little dangerous and naive to assume that.
Well other than going to the PI yourself, what other proof can I give you besides getting you to interact over online chat or email or phone or webcam? That's the next best thing to in person. There's no better way.

Your cynicism is unfounded. Yes, talking to them online is the same as in person. They do not show a different face or personality online. They are very simple and do not evaluate or judge. That's Filipino nature. I'm telling you the truth. What kind of proof do you want? If you don't believe me, that's your problem. But I'm telling you the truth, and offering you a way to test it if you want. If you that's not enough, then there's nothing I can do. You just got to get over there and see. But your cynicism is unfounded. If what I said weren't true, I wouldn't say it. You can ask any expat who lives there, they will tell you the same thing.

There are many scores of poor desperate girls there. They are not critical. All they want is a nice guy who isn't broke. To them, that's enough to make them happy. They are sweet and appreciative. Everyone there will tell you that. It's not an extraordinary claim, thus there is no logical reason to doubt it.

Bottom line: Go online and interact and make some connections. It won't cost you anything if you go to http://www.dateinasia.com . Or try Cherry Blossoms and use my affiliate link above by clicking the "Personals" tab at the top.

Dragon
Junior Poster

Post by Dragon »

x
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Hi five Dragon! I am also a Chinese American in my early 20's currently living in California. So far I've had life-changing adventures in Mexico and China.

To be honest, your 6 questions will take actual real-life experience to find out, since how someone fares in a certain country is highly specific to the guy. How you fare in other countries will depend on how easily you pick up specific cultures and languages, and fit in with the locals. Your experience will always be greatly enhanced if you are highly familiar with local cultures and languages. For me, Mexico would be a better fit for me than the Philippines. I would assume you've already read some of my posts about Mexico, as well as China. :)

If you're in Southern California, I would highly recommend visiting Mexico.
Dragon
Junior Poster

Post by Dragon »

x
celery2010
Freshman Poster

Post by celery2010 »

Hi, i'm an asian american and i was in the Philippines in April and May of this year (2012). I'd be a little more cautious and say it's not quite like women will be falling all over you necessarily. A lot of the women Winston speaks of are working girls or girls from personals sites-- these girls are looking for foreigners, in other words meal tickets.

That said, it's not necessarily that difficult either. The first thing to mention is that Philippinos are much more open than East Asians and some of the mainland SE asians. When you are in smaller towns, Philippinos are very friendly and you can talk to strangers (similar to the US) and many people will be happy to get to know you as a foreigner. Philippinos are also very hospitable and helpful if you meet them under the right conditions.

If you are just looking to be a man whore, then take the easy way-- talk to girls from the personal sites and try to talk to girls in smaller cities. And of course there are always working girls. Or if you stay in the Phillippines for a while, it will be easier to make friends, and many girls will actually ask you if you would like to meet their female friends.

As far as how you will be treated, in places like Manila and Cebu, there are many Chinese looking Phillipinos, so you may not necessarily stick out. Of course, as a foreigner, you will be targeted for overcharging, ripoffs, etc, but also realize that even out of town Filipinos can even get overcharged.

Also if you speak Mandarin, have you considered Mainland China? Many girls there are interested in meeting overseas Chinese. Heck, even if your Mandarin isn't that great, you could try to meet English speaking girls. Another country i will recommend is Indonesia.

If you have further questions, ask away or you can pm me. I was also in almost every east asian country in 2011/12 so i can compare them if you'd like as well.
Dragon
Junior Poster

Post by Dragon »

x
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Dragon wrote:I know this sounds crazy but I'm afraid of Mexico. Something about not wanting to be kidnapped by the Cartels and being hanged upside down naked on a bridge...
I wouldn't say that Mexico is a 100% safe place, but this is hogwash that the mainstream American media feeds to us. I've traveled by myself to all sorts of remote villages in Mexico, and am still in good enough condition to be posting these messages here today. The worst part is always the hassle you get at the border from the American federal agents. Now when does the mainstream American media ever say that? The cartels aren't stupid - they leave all the tourists alone. And note that FAR more Mexicans have died on the U.S. side of the border zone than Americans vacationing in Mexico have died. Talk about media bias here.

Plus, I would actually feel safer in Mexico than in the Philippines.

Mexico trip reports posted on this forum should also help.