Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Anti-White Racism in Thailand

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby anamericaninbangkok » Wed May 22, 2013 11:10 pm

It is unnecessary to shop for a mail order bride if you are willing to spend some time here. Why marry a woman from a foreign culture if she doesn't know your culture and you don't know hers? At least if you spend 6 months or so in Thailand you can get a feel for the culture and what is expected and what you should expect.
anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

Postby momopi » Wed May 22, 2013 11:41 pm

anamericaninbangkok wrote:It is unnecessary to shop for a mail order bride if you are willing to spend some time here. Why marry a woman from a foreign culture if she doesn't know your culture and you don't know hers? At least if you spend 6 months or so in Thailand you can get a feel for the culture and what is expected and what you should expect.

A Japanese custmer to Thai mail-order bride industry is not looking to spend 6 months in Thailand, or learning how to speak Thai, or gain a deeper understanding of Thai culture. What he wants is a comely Thai wife to marry and bring back to Japan, and his expectation is for her to learn Japanese and confirm to Japanese cultural norms.

Taiwan has imported some 80,000 - 100,000+ Vietnamese brides. How many Taiwanese husbands to those brides do you think spent 6 months in Vietnam? The daughters from poorer families are married off to Taiwan or South Korea and they send money back to their families. Some readers may cringe at the lack of political correctness in this article on Taipei Times:

http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/taiwan/ ... 2003420431

Many Tan Loc families with married daughters abroad have big homes with color TVs, new furniture and karaoke machines.

Their neighbors live in huts.

Tran Thi Sach’s concrete home, with four large rooms and shiny green tile floors, is a mansion by island standards.

“Since my daughters got married, I’ve retired,â€￾ said Sach, 59, who used to toil in the rice fields with her husband.

“We lived in a shack,â€￾ she said. “We had to work no matter how hot it was, no matter how much it rained, from 5 in the morning until 5 in the afternoon. Sometimes we could only afford rice porridge.â€￾

When her daughter Tho first said she planned to go to a marriage broker, Sach objected. What if her in-laws abused her? Where would she turn for help?

Tho married six years ago, and her younger sister Loi two years later.

“Their husbands are gentle, handsome and hardworking,â€￾ Sach said. “They are really fine men.â€￾

Next door, Nguyen Thi Chin lives in a two-room shack with a roof so leaky that when it rains she must move from spot to spot to avoid getting wet. Each of her seven children married a Vietnamese, all of them poor. At 70, she is still working, pulling mussels from the muck in the Mekong River.

“I could never have a house like that,â€￾ Chin said, glancing next door. “It’s my destiny to be poor. If I had another daughter, I’d ask her to marry a foreigner.â€￾

More than 100,000 Vietnamese women have married Taiwanese men over the last 10 years and the numbers are rising, Gow Wei Chiou of the Taiwan representative office in Hanoi said. In the same period, roughly 28,000 Korean men married Vietnamese, the Vietnam Women’s Union said."
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby anamericaninbangkok » Wed May 22, 2013 11:47 pm

I understand that people do this all the time, I just have a hard time completely comprehending why. Maybe it's the business-like approach, I don't know. But I would like to think I'm more than just an ATM machine to my wife and she's more than just a maid and cum-hole.
anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

Re: Anti-White Racism in Thailand

Postby Maverick » Thu May 23, 2013 3:01 am

I lived in Thailand for a few months a few years ago. I found everybody to be really nice and friendly.

I encountered no racism and didn't know anybody else that had either. Of course people were trying to rip me off, but that happens everywhere.

I'm a white American, btw.
Maverick
Junior Poster

Postby momopi » Thu May 23, 2013 5:45 pm

anamericaninbangkok wrote:I understand that people do this all the time, I just have a hard time completely comprehending why. Maybe it's the business-like approach, I don't know. But I would like to think I'm more than just an ATM machine to my wife and she's more than just a maid and cum-hole.

Quoting Deng Xiaoping, "it doesn't matter whether it's a white cat or a black, I think; a cat that catches mice is a good cat." So long as the women makes a good wife and mother to your children, pragmatism can care less about fluffy things like "soul mate". However, that's not to say that the man will necessarily make a good husband. Many of the men who went abroad to import a wife cannot find a wife locally for good reasons -- they may have serious mental issues or delusions of gradeour. Reports of spousal abuse are not uncommon.

Here's a collection of 38 photos from a Beijing man who went to Thailand to marry a Thai bride:
http://tupian.baike.com/9097

In photo #31, you can see the bride price being paid to the clan elder:
http://tupian.baike.com/9097/31.html?prd=zutu_before

Look, no matter how much dressing you want to put on it, the fact is that when a guy use an agency, goes abroad to a foreign country, gets introduced to a handful of women that he cannot communicate with and choose one to marry within days, it's not romantic. When the marriage agency advertise a guarantee that if your wife runs away in the first year they will replace her with another bride at no cost, it's not romantic. But this is how pragmatic people do things.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Teal Lantern » Thu May 23, 2013 8:28 pm

anamericaninbangkok wrote:I understand that people do this all the time, I just have a hard time completely comprehending why. Maybe it's the business-like approach, I don't know. But I would like to think I'm more than just an ATM machine to my wife and she's more than just a maid and cum-hole.

The concept of marrying for romantic love was passed down to the masses so that men could think it was more than this.
It was good for tax collection, both directly (you'll work harder in provider mode for kids presumed to be yours) and indirectly by creating more little future workers, soldiers, & tax payers.
Even now, there are (varying by country) tax "breaks" and even ca$h payments for having children.
For a while, in at least one country, they even gave women apartments if they were pregnant.
Evil bitches would accept the apartments, then would go get abortions. :lol:

Romantic love, like lawn grass, and hot water indoor plumbing, was once a luxury good only the wealthy could afford.
The poor simply tried to get someone not too unpleasant and not totally useless.

In the more prosperous societies of the past, the same issues cropped up then as now.
The enablers doubled down, enough men said "screw this", and the prosperity waned (usually by moving to another nation-state).
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Postby clowny » Thu May 23, 2013 10:02 pm

momopi wrote:

Quoting Deng Xiaoping, "it doesn't matter whether it's a white cat or a black, I think; a cat that catches mice is a good cat." So long as the women makes a good wife and mother to your children, pragmatism can care less about fluffy things like "soul mate". However, that's not to say that the man will necessarily make a good husband. Many of the men who went abroad to import a wife cannot find a wife locally for good reasons -- they may have serious mental issues or delusions of gradeour. Reports of spousal abuse are not uncommon.

Here's a collection of 38 photos from a Beijing man who went to Thailand to marry a Thai bride:
http://tupian.baike.com/9097

In photo #31, you can see the bride price being paid to the clan elder:
http://tupian.baike.com/9097/31.html?prd=zutu_before

Look, no matter how much dressing you want to put on it, the fact is that when a guy use an agency, goes abroad to a foreign country, gets introduced to a handful of women that he cannot communicate with and choose one to marry within days, it's not romantic. When the marriage agency advertise a guarantee that if your wife runs away in the first year they will replace her with another bride at no cost, it's not romantic. But this is how pragmatic people do things.

How much does it cost to get a vietnamese bride from a marriage agency? I have vietnamese acquantances who wanted to arrange for me to spend a few weeks living with a vietnamese family in vietnam, in order for me to meet their daughter, marry her and bring her back to australia with me (It wouldn't cost me a cent - I would be staying with the girl's family and they were going to pay my airfare). They were offering to pay ME a sum of cash to do this. LMAO. I didn't accept their offer though.
clowny
Freshman Poster

Postby Teal Lantern » Fri May 24, 2013 12:36 am

clowny wrote:How much does it cost to get a vietnamese bride from a marriage agency? I have vietnamese acquantances who wanted to arrange for me to spend a few weeks living with a vietnamese family in vietnam, in order for me to meet their daughter, marry her and bring her back to australia with me (It wouldn't cost me a cent - I would be staying with the girl's family and they were going to pay my airfare). They were offering to pay ME a sum of cash to do this. LMAO. I didn't accept their offer though.

In the Land of the Fleeced, they've made this a crime. :roll:
It's alright for the female, the courts, diamond merchants, and everyone else shilling in the name of "twue wuvv" or the "'Murican Dream" (The 'D' is optional) to profit from the endeavor at every turn, but you as the male had better not recoup a cent.
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Postby MIHA » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:52 am

can you really blame them for being anti-white. i think the thai people would be delusional to embrace white people, especially given what white people have turned thailand into (drugs, prostitution, crime, corruption). now id be really interested to know what the heyday of siam was like before the white man screwed it up. just like the filipines.
MIHA
Freshman Poster

Postby anamericaninbangkok » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:47 am

MIHA wrote:can you really blame them for being anti-white. i think the thai people would be delusional to embrace white people, especially given what white people have turned thailand into (drugs, p4p, crime, corruption). now id be really interested to know what the heyday of siam was like before the white man screwed it up. just like the filipines.

Say what? White people did all this? Bullshit. White people didn't get Thais hooked on Yaba and corruption and tea money have been a part of the culture before Thailand was Thailand. Most of the crime that takes place in Thailand are petty crimes or if someone does something wrong or f***s with the wrong person, they get the hatchet. The P4P came from the Vietnam war and it TAKES TWO to Tango. Without willing holes there is no place for men to put their peckers for pay.

Just curious MIHA - have you been to Thailand? I've been here close to 20 years. I can tell you that for every negative thing the white man or tourist has done the Thais have done far worse. Oh, BTW - you think the farang are the biggest P4P players here? Think again - that would be the Thais.

As far as romantic love, I don't think I wrote I was looking for this. What I think I said was I don't want my woman looking at me like I'm the ATM. There needs to be a little bit more than this to our relationship. If a Japanese or Chinese guy wants a Vietnamese chick who looks at him as their financial savior, good for them. But I like to think my wife can take care of herself and more importantly, should I croak, she can take care of our children as well.
anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

Previous

Return to Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand