Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Multiple relationships with Filipinas

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Multiple relationships with Filipinas

Postby Dragon » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:23 pm

I heard that in a lot of cases, thai girlfriends will tolerate you sleeping around with other girls and sometimes help you in that endeavor. Does the same hold true for filipinas? If not, can I reasonably get away with having multiple girlfriends?
I am a terrible person.
Dragon
Junior Poster

Postby xiongmao » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:06 pm

Lol. Where did you hear this from?

If they've got any Chinese genes in them then your sorry ass will be in for a hiding. Chinese girls are absolutely crazily possessive of their man. My gf wouldn't even let me stand outside the bookstore in case a girl talked to me! Another one inspected my QZone every day for signs I was talking to other girls.

I don't know why a man would want more than one Filipina anyway. When I like a girl I really love, I lose interest in all other girls.
In February 2013 I quit my boring job and now I'm Happier Abroad...
Do YOU want to date beautiful foreign women? Find out which country's women are best for you, and which dating site to look for them on!
Plus, if you like Asian girls, then check out my free Asian dating site.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Postby Dragon » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:39 pm

xiongmao wrote:Lol. Where did you hear this from?

If they've got any Chinese genes in them then your sorry a** will be in for a hiding. Chinese girls are absolutely crazily possessive of their man. My gf wouldn't even let me stand outside the bookstore in case a girl talked to me! Another one inspected my QZone every day for signs I was talking to other girls.

I don't know why a man would want more than one Filipina anyway. When I like a girl I really love, I lose interest in all other girls.

You guys are hopeless romantics :wink: . I'm just a man whore.
I am a terrible person.
Dragon
Junior Poster

Postby Winston » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:43 pm

No you got it backward. Thais are more jealous and possessive and can get more violent about it, whereas Filipinas are more laid back and tolerant about it. When a Filipina gets mad that you are cheating, she will cool down soon afterward and forget about it. Filipinas pretty much accept that males are horny and like to have multiple girls. They even tease guys about it, calling them "bolero" and "babaero".
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby gsjackson » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:41 pm

There was, IIRC, the charming story of Pete's Filipina wife fixing him up with her cousin so that his needs might be met while she was away on a trip. This makes my heart glad.
gsjackson
Experienced Poster

Postby Jester » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:57 pm

xiongmao wrote:

{sigh}
Someone always trying to talk you out of your dreams!
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Multiple relationships with Filipinas

Postby Jester » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:59 pm

Dragon wrote:I heard that in a lot of cases, thai girlfriends will tolerate you sleeping around with other girls and sometimes help you in that endeavor. Does the same hold true for filipinas? If not, can I reasonably get away with having multiple girlfriends?

+1
Now fellas see THIS is a useful thread topic!
THIS is why I come to HA!
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Jester » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:06 pm

Winston wrote:No you got it backward. Thais are more jealous and possessive and can get more violent about it, whereas Filipinas are more laid back and tolerant about it. When a Filipina gets mad that you are cheating, she will cool down soon afterward and forget about it. Filipinas pretty much accept that males are horny and like to have multiple girls. They even tease guys about it, calling them "bolero" and "babaero".

WW, this is what I have been coming to HA to find out.

Finally!

OK now you have let the cat out of the bag, So I have no reason to come here anymore. Good news is, I'm grateful for the info, so I'll buy you a beer when I see you..... Bad news is, you're out of business.

See you in Davao! Til then, Chow, Arrividerci, Sayronara, whatever they say in Taiwan!!!!!!!! :lol:
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

one only

Postby targetguy » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:40 am

8) My opinion would be to stick with one and one that you are in love with and wont want to cheat. Also what comes around goes around so if you are cheating so will she. So if single who cares but not for a married person by christian standards anyway.
no scammers
targetguy
Freshman Poster

Postby Raja » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:12 am

You can't even have a picture of your ex wife with the kids. However if you keep it on the downlow and she keeps the legal wife status there is a history of Filipinas tolerating a husband having a mistress and second family
Raja
Freshman Poster

Postby Jester » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:40 am

gsjackson wrote:There was, IIRC, the charming story of Pete's Filipina wife fixing him up with her cousin so that his needs might be met while she was away on a trip. This makes my heart glad.

Which Pete?
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: one only

Postby Jester » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:44 am

targetguy wrote:8) My opinion would be to stick with one and one that you are in love with and wont want to cheat. Also what comes around goes around so if you are cheating so will she. So if single who cares but not for a married person by christian standards anyway.

Read the Gospel of Matthew, chapter 25.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?se ... ersion=NIV

Jesus specifically endorsed the polygamy of his time, and told a ribald, hilarious, knee-slappingly funny parable about it.

Not all Christians believe in polygamy, but Jesus did.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby noog » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:40 am

targetguy wrote:8) My opinion would be to stick with one and one that you are in love with and wont want to cheat. Also what comes around goes around so if you are cheating so will she. So if single who cares but not for a married person by christian standards anyway.

I think most proper filipinas would not condone cheating. It is just that the ramifications are different, since there is virtually no divorce. What is a married woman's recourse? Options are limited so I suppose forgiveness is more likely. Filipinas are perhaps concerned more about cheating and hurt by it more because they are more traditional and spiritual than the westernized women.

Here's a new famous filipina film for point of reference on the topic. Hey it may not say anything that mind-blowing but you get to look at filipina film star Anne Curtis :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=os7VAzwZbYo&list=UUNP49xH_JCwxHIfKdN8dCQw&index=2&feature=plcp[/url]
"Take a bold and unconventional action, then you'll find out who your friends are."

"Trying to find good American women is like trying to ice skate in a volcano."
noog
Freshman Poster

Postby Raja » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:03 am

noog wrote:

I think most proper filipinas would not condone cheating. It is just that the ramifications are different, since there is virtually no divorce. What is a married woman's recourse? Options are limited so I suppose forgiveness is more likely. Filipinas are perhaps concerned more about cheating and hurt by it more because they are more traditional and spiritual than the westernized women.

Here's a new famous filipina film for point of reference on the topic. Hey it may not say anything that mind-blowing but you get to look at filipina film star Anne Curtis :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=os7VAzwZbYo&list=UUNP49xH_JCwxHIfKdN8dCQw&index=2&feature=plcp[/url]

I would point to the 30 year old Vilma Santos movie Kabit where the governor plays the mistress and the wife accepts her husband living with his mistress part of the week until he strokes out just as the mistress is about to give birth.
Raja
Freshman Poster

Postby Jester » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:38 am

noog wrote:

Thanks for the post, very cool. A beautiful country indeed. And btw judging from your avatar, you're a lucky man.

Re "proper Filipinas", I'm sure you're right. But you reminded me that I did meet one beautiful fiftyish female clinic manager here in LA - dressed like Imelda Marcos - who mentioned to me that she tolerated her husband's "flirtations". She was quite a positive person, not the type who has grievances. Quality person.

Re "cheating", IMO that's kind of a girl-word. From a man's point of view, lying is a sin. OTOH, taking care of more than one woman, with no lies told or promises broken, is just a personal decision - albeit possibly a dumb one. Like owning two racehorses.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Next

Return to Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand