Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.



View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Multiple relationships with Filipinas

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

Postby gsjackson » October 25th, 2012, 6:50 am

Jester wrote:
gsjackson wrote:There was, IIRC, the charming story of Pete's Filipina wife fixing him up with her cousin so that his needs might be met while she was away on a trip. This makes my heart glad.



Which Pete?


pete98416
gsjackson
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1726
Joined: June 12th, 2010, 3:08 pm
Location: New Orleans, LA USA




Check out our Dating Sites and HA International Romance Tours!



Postby Jester » October 25th, 2012, 9:16 am

gsjackson wrote:
Jester wrote:
gsjackson wrote:There was, IIRC, the charming story of Pete's Filipina wife fixing him up with her cousin so that his needs might be met while she was away on a trip. This makes my heart glad.



Which Pete?


pete98416


Didn't find that thread. By any chance, was this the thread you remembered?

http://www.happierabroad.com/forum/view ... ght=#20760
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7874
Joined: January 20th, 2009, 10:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

Re: one only

Postby noog » October 25th, 2012, 2:40 pm

Jester wrote:

Re "cheating", IMO that's kind of a girl-word. From a man's point of view, lying is a sin. OTOH, taking care of more than one woman, with no lies told or promises broken, is just a personal decision - albeit possibly a dumb one. Like owning two racehorses.


Well said. Months down the road, a one-nighter will be a distant memory. But the weight of having the secret? That could continue to require effort and stress down the road, personally something I would do without. Especially in this socially networked and interconnected world, stuff goes around too easily.
"Take a bold and unconventional action, then you'll find out who your friends are."

"Trying to find good American women is like trying to ice skate in a volcano."
noog
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 207
Joined: July 26th, 2012, 3:43 am
Location: The Midwestern Wasteland

Postby ladislav » October 25th, 2012, 3:17 pm

Promise me son not to do the things I've done. Multiple relationships with Filipinas will leave you in pain, exhausted and penniless. Been there, done that. It is better to be friends with females and go to the movies, etc. Then you can have multiples with no repercussions.
But if you have relationships as in romantic ones and multiple ones- you get found out- they sense it subliminally. And not one of them likes it.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3602
Joined: September 6th, 2007, 7:30 pm

Postby gsjackson » October 25th, 2012, 4:44 pm

Jester wrote:
gsjackson wrote:
Jester wrote:
gsjackson wrote:There was, IIRC, the charming story of Pete's Filipina wife fixing him up with her cousin so that his needs might be met while she was away on a trip. This makes my heart glad.



Which Pete?


pete98416


Didn't find that thread. By any chance, was this the thread you remembered?

http://www.happierabroad.com/forum/view ... ght=#20760


No. Why not PM him to confirm?
gsjackson
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1726
Joined: June 12th, 2010, 3:08 pm
Location: New Orleans, LA USA

Re: one only

Postby OutWest » October 25th, 2012, 5:23 pm

Raja wrote:
noog wrote:
targetguy wrote:8) My opinion would be to stick with one and one that you are in love with and wont want to cheat. Also what comes around goes around so if you are cheating so will she. So if single who cares but not for a married person by christian standards anyway.


I think most proper filipinas would not condone cheating. It is just that the ramifications are different, since there is virtually no divorce. What is a married woman's recourse? Options are limited so I suppose forgiveness is more likely. Filipinas are perhaps concerned more about cheating and hurt by it more because they are more traditional and spiritual than the westernized women.

Here's a new famous filipina film for point of reference on the topic. Hey it may not say anything that mind-blowing but you get to look at filipina film star Anne Curtis :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=os7VAzwZbYo&list=UUNP49xH_JCwxHIfKdN8dCQw&index=2&feature=plcp[/url]

I would point to the 30 year old Vilma Santos movie Kabit where the governor plays the mistress and the wife accepts her husband living with his mistress part of the week until he strokes out just as the mistress is about to give birth.


As I approach nearly a decade spent living in the Philippines and now being married to a Filipina, I can say that most Filipinas do not mind their men cheating at all...like women the world over, they are clad to have their man play around and the risk of STD is something they accept. Of course, this is not really true, but if it makes dumb-asses happy to imagine that it is so, why not go with it? Perhaps Winston can rename his site- call it Bullshit Fantasies Abroad.


Outwest
OutWest
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2190
Joined: March 19th, 2011, 8:09 am
Location: Asia/USA

Re: one only

Postby Dragon » October 25th, 2012, 6:00 pm

OutWest wrote:
Raja wrote:
noog wrote:
targetguy wrote:8) My opinion would be to stick with one and one that you are in love with and wont want to cheat. Also what comes around goes around so if you are cheating so will she. So if single who cares but not for a married person by christian standards anyway.


I think most proper filipinas would not condone cheating. It is just that the ramifications are different, since there is virtually no divorce. What is a married woman's recourse? Options are limited so I suppose forgiveness is more likely. Filipinas are perhaps concerned more about cheating and hurt by it more because they are more traditional and spiritual than the westernized women.

Here's a new famous filipina film for point of reference on the topic. Hey it may not say anything that mind-blowing but you get to look at filipina film star Anne Curtis :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=os7VAzwZbYo&list=UUNP49xH_JCwxHIfKdN8dCQw&index=2&feature=plcp[/url]

I would point to the 30 year old Vilma Santos movie Kabit where the governor plays the mistress and the wife accepts her husband living with his mistress part of the week until he strokes out just as the mistress is about to give birth.


As I approach nearly a decade spent living in the Philippines and now being married to a Filipina, I can say that most Filipinas do not mind their men cheating at all...like women the world over, they are clad to have their man play around and the risk of STD is something they accept. Of course, this is not really true, but if it makes dumb-asses happy to imagine that it is so, why not go with it? Perhaps Winston can rename his site- call it Bullshit Fantasies Abroad.


Outwest


One can dream, can't they? :wink:
I am a terrible person.
Dragon
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 512
Joined: October 23rd, 2012, 6:31 am

Postby Jester » October 28th, 2012, 1:03 am

ladislav wrote:you get found out- they sense it subliminally.


Indeed.

Plus they sniff around, find hairs the other girl left (deliberately), find crap when they do your laundry, etc. It's like living with Columbo the detective. You're toast.

Did you ever try letting them know up front? Like, pose as a bit of an asshole/player?
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7874
Joined: January 20th, 2009, 10:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

Postby Jester » October 28th, 2012, 1:04 am

gsjackson wrote:
Jester wrote:
gsjackson wrote:
Jester wrote:
gsjackson wrote:There was, IIRC, the charming story of Pete's Filipina wife fixing him up with her cousin so that his needs might be met while she was away on a trip. This makes my heart glad.



Which Pete?


pete98416


Didn't find that thread. By any chance, was this the thread you remembered?

http://www.happierabroad.com/forum/view ... ght=#20760


No. Why not PM him to confirm?


Done.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7874
Joined: January 20th, 2009, 10:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

Re: Multiple relationships with Filipinas

Postby Jester » March 24th, 2015, 6:42 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNF6dIh9yuY&index=47&list=PLQWWRCxrXLg5WPK_6wv2GeGxsKwbL-xgy
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNF6dIh9yuY&index=47&list=PLQWWRCxrXLg5WPK_6wv2GeGxsKwbL-xgy[/youtube]
:D :D :D
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7874
Joined: January 20th, 2009, 10:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

Re: Multiple relationships with Filipinas

Postby droid » March 24th, 2015, 6:50 pm

Jester wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNF6dIh9yuY&index=47&list=PLQWWRCxrXLg5WPK_6wv2GeGxsKwbL-xgy
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNF6dIh9yuY&index=47&list=PLQWWRCxrXLg5WPK_6wv2GeGxsKwbL-xgy[/youtube]
:D :D :D

That's awesome!
Sooo, are you going to report from there before me? :mrgreen:
Remember from the video, "don't let it go to your head"
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
User avatar
droid
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2942
Joined: September 20th, 2013, 7:38 am

Re: Multiple relationships with Filipinas

Postby Jester » March 24th, 2015, 6:51 pm

droid wrote:
Remember from the video, "don't let it go to your head"



Too late!
8)
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7874
Joined: January 20th, 2009, 10:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

Re: Multiple relationships with Filipinas

Postby MrMan » March 25th, 2015, 2:20 am

If you date a woman who is okay with you having other girlfriends, I can't help but think that she'd be lower quality wife material than a woman who is not cool with it, especially in a monogamous culture. If she's cool with it, but has lower standards about women sleeping around, what guy wants to be with a girl like that? If you sneak around on her and do it, you can't fault her morals for it, but she may be weak in the area of self-deception and a lack of intuition.
MrMan
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1898
Joined: July 31st, 2014, 3:52 am

Previous

Return to Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Mike42Night and 3 guests