Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.



View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme


Sexual Harassment In The Philippines

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 4563
Joined: July 9th, 2011, 5:30 pm

Sexual Harassment In The Philippines

Post by Taco » November 2nd, 2012, 11:27 pm

The Philippines is the only country I've lived in where I've been openly sexually harassed by women(mostly teens and early twenties). A few days ago I went down to the market to buy some fruit, "Hi, I'd like 1 Kilo of mangoes please" the girl( about 17 yrs old) working at the stand then handed my fruit to me and replied, "Is there anything else you want? and burst out laughing with her friend. This happens to me at least once a week but I catch women starring at me everyday and sometimes I don't even notice. That said, I'm guessing sexual harassment by women here is a very under reported crime.

ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 3606
Joined: September 6th, 2007, 7:30 pm

Post by ladislav » November 2nd, 2012, 11:55 pm

But there is a sexual harassment law there and it applies to mainly pawing women. Some guys get drunk and start hitting on waitresses and feeling them up. They can call cops on you and have you locked up. It is rare but it happens.
This does not include bar girls, though.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!

Dragon
Junior Poster
Posts: 512
Joined: October 23rd, 2012, 6:31 am

Post by Dragon » November 3rd, 2012, 3:28 am

I wish I was sexually harassed by women...
I am a terrible person.

Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 7875
Joined: January 20th, 2009, 10:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

Post by Jester » November 3rd, 2012, 3:46 am

Option (1): Move to Phil's
Option (2): Decide that Taco sucks as a person, get indignant, and be jealous...
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."

Dragon
Junior Poster
Posts: 512
Joined: October 23rd, 2012, 6:31 am

Post by Dragon » November 3rd, 2012, 3:50 am

Jester wrote:Option (1): Move to Phil's
Option (2): Decide that Taco sucks as a person, get indignant, and be jealous...
Gotta wait till I graduate...
I am a terrible person.

OutWest
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2253
Joined: March 19th, 2011, 8:09 am
Location: Asia/USA

Re: Sexual Harassment In The Philippines

Post by OutWest » November 3rd, 2012, 4:30 am

Taco wrote:The Philippines is the only country I've lived in where I've been openly sexually harassed by women(mostly teens and early twenties). A few days ago I went down to the market to buy some fruit, "Hi, I'd like 1 Kilo of mangoes please" the girl( about 17 yrs old) working at the stand then handed my fruit to me and replied, "Is there anything else you want? and burst out laughing with her friend. This happens to me at least once a week but I catch women starring at me everyday and sometimes I don't even notice. That said, I'm guessing sexual harassment by women here is a very under reported crime.
I am past 50 and yet several times a week a girl makes some kind of pass. I do not call it harassment- that is just silly.
A few weeks back in Gaisano Mall in CDO a young clerk confided..."I want a white baby...what do you think?"


Outwest

Falcon
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1844
Joined: November 7th, 2011, 12:59 am

Post by Falcon » November 3rd, 2012, 5:46 am

Guys, this happens in Latin America too. I have experienced these very open, fearless kinds of "sexual harassment" in Mexico. And Dragon, you don't need to graduate to start experiencing all this. School breaks are enough.

Something's up with these former Spanish colonies. There's a lot of sexual openness under a veneer of conservative Catholicism. :wink:

FreeYourMind
Freshman Poster
Posts: 292
Joined: July 27th, 2010, 8:15 am

Re: Sexual Harassment In The Philippines

Post by FreeYourMind » November 3rd, 2012, 9:40 am

OutWest wrote:
Taco wrote:The Philippines is the only country I've lived in where I've been openly sexually harassed by women(mostly teens and early twenties). A few days ago I went down to the market to buy some fruit, "Hi, I'd like 1 Kilo of mangoes please" the girl( about 17 yrs old) working at the stand then handed my fruit to me and replied, "Is there anything else you want? and burst out laughing with her friend. This happens to me at least once a week but I catch women starring at me everyday and sometimes I don't even notice. That said, I'm guessing sexual harassment by women here is a very under reported crime.
I am past 50 and yet several times a week a girl makes some kind of pass. I do not call it harassment- that is just silly.
A few weeks back in Gaisano Mall in CDO a young clerk confided..."I want a white baby...what do you think?"


Outwest

Before feminists and other Cultural Marxists warped the English language, that was called flirting. It's something to be enjoyed, not given a negative name like "harassment."

ryanx
Freshman Poster
Posts: 283
Joined: July 22nd, 2010, 11:08 am

Post by ryanx » November 3rd, 2012, 11:43 am

I think the OP 'complaint' was quite tongue in cheek. I would never get tired of being 'harassed'.

Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 4563
Joined: July 9th, 2011, 5:30 pm

Re: Sexual Harassment In The Philippines

Post by Taco » November 4th, 2012, 12:26 am

OutWest wrote:
Taco wrote:The Philippines is the only country I've lived in where I've been openly sexually harassed by women(mostly teens and early twenties). A few days ago I went down to the market to buy some fruit, "Hi, I'd like 1 Kilo of mangoes please" the girl( about 17 yrs old) working at the stand then handed my fruit to me and replied, "Is there anything else you want? and burst out laughing with her friend. This happens to me at least once a week but I catch women starring at me everyday and sometimes I don't even notice. That said, I'm guessing sexual harassment by women here is a very under reported crime.
I am past 50 and yet several times a week a girl makes some kind of pass. I do not call it harassment- that is just silly.
A few weeks back in Gaisano Mall in CDO a young clerk confided..."I want a white baby...what do you think?"


Outwest
Well, you bring up a good point. A lot of women here are open to the idea of sperm donors and they don't seem to care if your married either.

polya
Junior Poster
Posts: 850
Joined: January 9th, 2008, 8:21 am

Post by polya » November 4th, 2012, 2:03 am

Falcon wrote:Guys, this happens in Latin America too. I have experienced these very open, fearless kinds of "sexual harassment" in Mexico. And Dragon, you don't need to graduate to start experiencing all this. School breaks are enough.

Something's up with these former Spanish colonies. There's a lot of sexual openness under a veneer of conservative Catholicism. :wink:
Why do you always change the subject to SA? We all know about SA and all the problems foreigners have there e.g. corrupt cops, extortion rackets...
"Woman is a violent and uncontrolled animal... If you allow them to achieve complete equality with men, do you think they will be easier to live with? Not at all. Once they have achieved equality, they will be your masters." Cato the Elder

Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 7875
Joined: January 20th, 2009, 10:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

Re: Sexual Harassment In The Philippines

Post by Jester » November 4th, 2012, 2:22 am

Taco wrote:
OutWest wrote:
Taco wrote:The Philippines is the only country I've lived in where I've been openly sexually harassed by women(mostly teens and early twenties). A few days ago I went down to the market to buy some fruit, "Hi, I'd like 1 Kilo of mangoes please" the girl( about 17 yrs old) working at the stand then handed my fruit to me and replied, "Is there anything else you want? and burst out laughing with her friend. This happens to me at least once a week but I catch women starring at me everyday and sometimes I don't even notice. That said, I'm guessing sexual harassment by women here is a very under reported crime.
I am past 50 and yet several times a week a girl makes some kind of pass. I do not call it harassment- that is just silly.
A few weeks back in Gaisano Mall in CDO a young clerk confided..."I want a white baby...what do you think?"


Outwest
Well, you bring up a good point. A lot of women here are open to the idea of sperm donors and they don't seem to care if your married either.
:D

Falcon
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1844
Joined: November 7th, 2011, 12:59 am

Post by Falcon » November 4th, 2012, 5:15 am

polya wrote:Why do you always change the subject to SA? We all know about SA and all the problems foreigners have there e.g. corrupt cops, extortion rackets...
Not South America, but Mexico. Corruption and extortion are pretty much the same in Latin America as in Southeast Asia.

I have had the most experience traveling in Mexico, so I'm always dropping in my 2 cents on what it's like in Mexico.

Dragon
Junior Poster
Posts: 512
Joined: October 23rd, 2012, 6:31 am

Post by Dragon » November 4th, 2012, 5:51 am

Falcon wrote:
polya wrote:Why do you always change the subject to SA? We all know about SA and all the problems foreigners have there e.g. corrupt cops, extortion rackets...
Not South America, but Mexico. Corruption and extortion are pretty much the same in Latin America as in Southeast Asia.

I have had the most experience traveling in Mexico, so I'm always dropping in my 2 cents on what it's like in Mexico.
2 pesos.
I am a terrible person.

Ginger
Freshman Poster
Posts: 391
Joined: November 1st, 2012, 9:39 pm
Location: somewhere out there

Re: Sexual Harassment In The Philippines

Post by Ginger » November 4th, 2012, 4:11 pm

:)
Last edited by Ginger on July 4th, 2013, 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
I do not promise to be gingerly :P

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand”