Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.

Scam free! Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Sexual Harassment In The Philippines

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Sexual Harassment In The Philippines

Postby Taco » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:27 pm

The Philippines is the only country I've lived in where I've been openly sexually harassed by women(mostly teens and early twenties). A few days ago I went down to the market to buy some fruit, "Hi, I'd like 1 Kilo of mangoes please" the girl( about 17 yrs old) working at the stand then handed my fruit to me and replied, "Is there anything else you want? and burst out laughing with her friend. This happens to me at least once a week but I catch women starring at me everyday and sometimes I don't even notice. That said, I'm guessing sexual harassment by women here is a very under reported crime.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby ladislav » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:55 pm

But there is a sexual harassment law there and it applies to mainly pawing women. Some guys get drunk and start hitting on waitresses and feeling them up. They can call cops on you and have you locked up. It is rare but it happens.
This does not include bar girls, though.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Dragon » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:28 am

I wish I was sexually harassed by women...
I am a terrible person.
Dragon
Junior Poster

Postby Jester » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:46 am

Option (1): Move to Phil's
Option (2): Decide that Taco sucks as a person, get indignant, and be jealous...
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Dragon » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:50 am

Jester wrote:Option (1): Move to Phil's
Option (2): Decide that Taco sucks as a person, get indignant, and be jealous...

Gotta wait till I graduate...
I am a terrible person.
Dragon
Junior Poster

Re: Sexual Harassment In The Philippines

Postby OutWest » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:30 am

Taco wrote:The Philippines is the only country I've lived in where I've been openly sexually harassed by women(mostly teens and early twenties). A few days ago I went down to the market to buy some fruit, "Hi, I'd like 1 Kilo of mangoes please" the girl( about 17 yrs old) working at the stand then handed my fruit to me and replied, "Is there anything else you want? and burst out laughing with her friend. This happens to me at least once a week but I catch women starring at me everyday and sometimes I don't even notice. That said, I'm guessing sexual harassment by women here is a very under reported crime.

I am past 50 and yet several times a week a girl makes some kind of pass. I do not call it harassment- that is just silly.
A few weeks back in Gaisano Mall in CDO a young clerk confided..."I want a white baby...what do you think?"

Outwest
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Postby Falcon » Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:46 am

Guys, this happens in Latin America too. I have experienced these very open, fearless kinds of "sexual harassment" in Mexico. And Dragon, you don't need to graduate to start experiencing all this. School breaks are enough.

Something's up with these former Spanish colonies. There's a lot of sexual openness under a veneer of conservative Catholicism. :wink:
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Postby FreeYourMind » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:40 am

OutWest wrote:
Taco wrote:The Philippines is the only country I've lived in where I've been openly sexually harassed by women(mostly teens and early twenties). A few days ago I went down to the market to buy some fruit, "Hi, I'd like 1 Kilo of mangoes please" the girl( about 17 yrs old) working at the stand then handed my fruit to me and replied, "Is there anything else you want? and burst out laughing with her friend. This happens to me at least once a week but I catch women starring at me everyday and sometimes I don't even notice. That said, I'm guessing sexual harassment by women here is a very under reported crime.

I am past 50 and yet several times a week a girl makes some kind of pass. I do not call it harassment- that is just silly.
A few weeks back in Gaisano Mall in CDO a young clerk confided..."I want a white baby...what do you think?"

Outwest

Before feminists and other Cultural Marxists warped the English language, that was called flirting. It's something to be enjoyed, not given a negative name like "harassment."
FreeYourMind
Freshman Poster

Postby ryanx » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:43 am

I think the OP 'complaint' was quite tongue in cheek. I would never get tired of being 'harassed'.
ryanx
Freshman Poster

Postby Taco » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:26 pm

OutWest wrote:

Outwest

Well, you bring up a good point. A lot of women here are open to the idea of sperm donors and they don't seem to care if your married either.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby polya » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:03 am

Falcon wrote:Guys, this happens in Latin America too. I have experienced these very open, fearless kinds of "sexual harassment" in Mexico. And Dragon, you don't need to graduate to start experiencing all this. School breaks are enough.

Something's up with these former Spanish colonies. There's a lot of sexual openness under a veneer of conservative Catholicism. :wink:

Why do you always change the subject to SA? We all know about SA and all the problems foreigners have there e.g. corrupt cops, extortion rackets...
"Woman is a violent and uncontrolled animal... If you allow them to achieve complete equality with men, do you think they will be easier to live with? Not at all. Once they have achieved equality, they will be your masters." Cato the Elder
polya
Junior Poster

Postby Jester » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:22 am

Taco wrote:
OutWest wrote:

Outwest

Well, you bring up a good point. A lot of women here are open to the idea of sperm donors and they don't seem to care if your married either.

:D
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Falcon » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:15 am

polya wrote:Why do you always change the subject to SA? We all know about SA and all the problems foreigners have there e.g. corrupt cops, extortion rackets...

Not South America, but Mexico. Corruption and extortion are pretty much the same in Latin America as in Southeast Asia.

I have had the most experience traveling in Mexico, so I'm always dropping in my 2 cents on what it's like in Mexico.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Postby Dragon » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:51 am

Falcon wrote:
polya wrote:Why do you always change the subject to SA? We all know about SA and all the problems foreigners have there e.g. corrupt cops, extortion rackets...

Not South America, but Mexico. Corruption and extortion are pretty much the same in Latin America as in Southeast Asia.

I have had the most experience traveling in Mexico, so I'm always dropping in my 2 cents on what it's like in Mexico.

2 pesos.
I am a terrible person.
Dragon
Junior Poster

Postby Ginger » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:11 pm

:)
Last edited by Ginger on Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
I do not promise to be gingerly :P
Ginger
Freshman Poster

Next

Return to Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand