Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Bangkok: The land where available women are plentiful!

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby Winston » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:08 am

AnAmericaninBangkok,
It isn't just about looks or money. Some guys have a certain karma or energy in a certain country that makes them luckier, or vice versa.

Steve R seems to vibe well with Thais, whereas Ladislav was the complete opposite. Today at a Thai restaurant, a Thai lady and her daughter smiled flirtatiously at him, even with the lady's husband next to her. That was unusual, especially for the daughter. Steve took it as a sign from the universe that he belongs in Thailand.

Xiongmao, Steve has matchmakers in Bangkok. Want them to help you?

It sounds like Bangkok is better than Philippines in nearly every way. Why would any guy go to the Philippines then? In every category, Thailand sounds better. They also don't scam or hustle as much as Filipinas do.

Do Thai girls make eye contact? Do they have a relaxed vibe toward strangers? If you say "excuse me" do they stop and talk to you or ignore you like Chinese and American girls do?
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23594
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm







Postby insanity » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:27 am

Winston wrote:AnAmericaninBangkok,
It isn't just about looks or money. Some guys have a certain karma or energy in a certain country that makes them luckier, or vice versa.

Steve R seems to vibe well with Thais, whereas Ladislav was the complete opposite. Today at a Thai restaurant, a Thai lady and her daughter smiled flirtatiously at him, even with the lady's husband next to her. That was unusual, especially for the daughter. Steve took it as a sign from the universe that he belongs in Thailand.

Xiongmao, Steve has matchmakers in Bangkok. Want them to help you?

It sounds like Bangkok is better than Philippines in nearly every way. Why would any guy go to the Philippines then? In every category, Thailand sounds better. They also don't scam or hustle as much as Filipinas do.

Do Thai girls make eye contact? Do they have a relaxed vibe toward strangers? If you say "excuse me" do they stop and talk to you or ignore you like Chinese and American girls do?


It sounds good...But really isn´t.

Thailand is one of the hardest places you can go to if you look for a wife/gf that is NOT a social outcast, bar worker, low-class. A decent girl won´t date foreigners because everyone is going to disrespect her and think of her as a gold digger/hooker. Dating foreigners=loosing face. I have never seen a truly good looking Thai girl with a foreigner when staying in Thailand. A lot of low-class women, decent ones maybe but no stunners. But then again you like the bar-girl look judging by the pictures you have taken in PI so I guess it might be OK for you. Foreigners usually tend to date Thai girls that men in Thailand reject because of age, being a single mother, being a former sex worker, being ugly, ...
insanity
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:54 pm

Postby anamericaninbangkok » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:37 am

Winston wrote:AnAmericaninBangkok,
It isn't just about looks or money. Some guys have a certain karma or energy in a certain country that makes them luckier, or vice versa.

Steve R seems to vibe well with Thais, whereas Ladislav was the complete opposite. Today at a Thai restaurant, a Thai lady and her daughter smiled flirtatiously at him, even with the lady's husband next to her. That was unusual, especially for the daughter. Steve took it as a sign from the universe that he belongs in Thailand.

Xiongmao, Steve has matchmakers in Bangkok. Want them to help you?

It sounds like Bangkok is better than Philippines in nearly every way. Why would any guy go to the Philippines then? In every category, Thailand sounds better. They also don't scam or hustle as much as Filipinas do.

Do Thai girls make eye contact? Do they have a relaxed vibe toward strangers? If you say "excuse me" do they stop and talk to you or ignore you like Chinese and American girls do?


You're kidding yourself Winston, seriously.

First, if you know anything about Thais and their culture, playful flirting is part of the culture and VERY common. If she started sucking his cock that would be different. Did she ask him for his phone number or vice-versa? Also, the woman's husband probably didn't give a shit because he knows it's innocent flirting, or friendliness, and he was probably getting a kick out of it. That's how they roll.

Like I said in the other thread, I don't think it has as much to do with him as it does with their own culture.

Do Thais girls make eye contact - yes, but most will avoid it if they're involved and don't want to f**k around.

Do they have a relaxed vibe towards strangers - YES. I can walk up to any Thai girl, even speaking English, without thinking they're going to tell me to f**k off. If I'm speaking in Thai I can visibly see them relax as they know they won't need to speak English. The vast majority who speak English, even decent English, would prefer to speak Thai instead of English. My own kids are this way which is why I have a Speak English inside the house policy.

Will they stop and talk to you or ignore you like Chinese and American girls - yes, they will. Definitely.

If you're at a Thai restaurant eating Thai food, chances are pretty good any Thai woman will be open to talking to you, briefly or longer. Why? Because Thais are proud when people eat their food and experience their culture, especially if someone says, "Oh, I've been to Thailand. I love it there."
anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 564
Joined: Sat May 11, 2013 6:23 am
Location: Bangkok, Thailand

Postby Rock » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:43 pm

anamericaninbangkok wrote:
Winston wrote:AnAmericaninBangkok,
It isn't just about looks or money. Some guys have a certain karma or energy in a certain country that makes them luckier, or vice versa.

Steve R seems to vibe well with Thais, whereas Ladislav was the complete opposite. Today at a Thai restaurant, a Thai lady and her daughter smiled flirtatiously at him, even with the lady's husband next to her. That was unusual, especially for the daughter. Steve took it as a sign from the universe that he belongs in Thailand.

Xiongmao, Steve has matchmakers in Bangkok. Want them to help you?

It sounds like Bangkok is better than Philippines in nearly every way. Why would any guy go to the Philippines then? In every category, Thailand sounds better. They also don't scam or hustle as much as Filipinas do.

Do Thai girls make eye contact? Do they have a relaxed vibe toward strangers? If you say "excuse me" do they stop and talk to you or ignore you like Chinese and American girls do?


You're kidding yourself Winston, seriously.

First, if you know anything about Thais and their culture, playful flirting is part of the culture and VERY common. If she started sucking his cock that would be different. Did she ask him for his phone number or vice-versa? Also, the woman's husband probably didn't give a shit because he knows it's innocent flirting, or friendliness, and he was probably getting a kick out of it. That's how they roll.

Like I said in the other thread, I don't think it has as much to do with him as it does with their own culture.

Do Thais girls make eye contact - yes, but most will avoid it if they're involved and don't want to f**k around.

Do they have a relaxed vibe towards strangers - YES. I can walk up to any Thai girl, even speaking English, without thinking they're going to tell me to f**k off. If I'm speaking in Thai I can visibly see them relax as they know they won't need to speak English. The vast majority who speak English, even decent English, would prefer to speak Thai instead of English. My own kids are this way which is why I have a Speak English inside the house policy.

Will they stop and talk to you or ignore you like Chinese and American girls - yes, they will. Definitely.

If you're at a Thai restaurant eating Thai food, chances are pretty good any Thai woman will be open to talking to you, briefly or longer. Why? Because Thais are proud when people eat their food and experience their culture, especially if someone says, "Oh, I've been to Thailand. I love it there."


Well maybe u need to get to know Winston a bit better. His focus is on apparent approachability of girls and how much flirting he can generate, not about ultimate scorability. His Russian journals and positive aftertaste about his first series of HA experiences bear that out. Cus he'll be the firs to admit that he did not elicit any kind of sexual or romantic attraction from those gals. Yet he was happier than a pig in shit there.

I invited him to Bangkok well over a year ago. He thought about it and then came up with a barrage of excuses why he couldn't do it. Maybe he's convinced himself this time to finally go.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4118
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:16 pm

Postby kai1275 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:04 pm

Rock wrote:
anamericaninbangkok wrote:
Winston wrote:AnAmericaninBangkok,
It isn't just about looks or money. Some guys have a certain karma or energy in a certain country that makes them luckier, or vice versa.

Steve R seems to vibe well with Thais, whereas Ladislav was the complete opposite. Today at a Thai restaurant, a Thai lady and her daughter smiled flirtatiously at him, even with the lady's husband next to her. That was unusual, especially for the daughter. Steve took it as a sign from the universe that he belongs in Thailand.

Xiongmao, Steve has matchmakers in Bangkok. Want them to help you?

It sounds like Bangkok is better than Philippines in nearly every way. Why would any guy go to the Philippines then? In every category, Thailand sounds better. They also don't scam or hustle as much as Filipinas do.

Do Thai girls make eye contact? Do they have a relaxed vibe toward strangers? If you say "excuse me" do they stop and talk to you or ignore you like Chinese and American girls do?


You're kidding yourself Winston, seriously.

First, if you know anything about Thais and their culture, playful flirting is part of the culture and VERY common. If she started sucking his cock that would be different. Did she ask him for his phone number or vice-versa? Also, the woman's husband probably didn't give a shit because he knows it's innocent flirting, or friendliness, and he was probably getting a kick out of it. That's how they roll.

Like I said in the other thread, I don't think it has as much to do with him as it does with their own culture.

Do Thais girls make eye contact - yes, but most will avoid it if they're involved and don't want to f**k around.

Do they have a relaxed vibe towards strangers - YES. I can walk up to any Thai girl, even speaking English, without thinking they're going to tell me to f**k off. If I'm speaking in Thai I can visibly see them relax as they know they won't need to speak English. The vast majority who speak English, even decent English, would prefer to speak Thai instead of English. My own kids are this way which is why I have a Speak English inside the house policy.

Will they stop and talk to you or ignore you like Chinese and American girls - yes, they will. Definitely.

If you're at a Thai restaurant eating Thai food, chances are pretty good any Thai woman will be open to talking to you, briefly or longer. Why? Because Thais are proud when people eat their food and experience their culture, especially if someone says, "Oh, I've been to Thailand. I love it there."


Well maybe u need to get to know Winston a bit better. His focus is on apparent approachability of girls and how much flirting he can generate, not about ultimate scorability. His Russian journals and positive aftertaste about his first series of HA experiences bear that out. Cus he'll be the firs to admit that he did not elicit any kind of sexual or romantic attraction from those gals. Yet he was happier than a pig in shit there.

I invited him to Bangkok well over a year ago. He thought about it and then came up with a barrage of excuses why he couldn't do it. Maybe he's convinced himself this time to finally go.


Is Winston one of those Asian guys that loves flirtatious attention from pretty girls and being surrounded by them more than actually f***ing any of them? Nothing wrong with that if that is the case, I'm just curious. I see guys like that all the time, they love going to KTV, geishas, stuff like that. A westerner is hard pressed to understand men like that, but over time I have come to understand why, and cultural and some psychological reasons seem to be the predominate reasoning. In fact some westerners do things like this too, although they do not realize it. Like Hooters, and kilted short skirt waitress restaurants, strip clubs that are topless only with no lap dances even, etc. Some men like chasing women more than f***ing them and avoided marriage like it was a plague, I knew a white guy like that.
kai1275
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1436
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:19 pm

Postby Rock » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:19 pm

Winston wrote:
It sounds like Bangkok is better than Philippines in nearly every way. Why would any guy go to the Philippines then? In every category, Thailand sounds better. They also don't scam or hustle as much as Filipinas do.


Here is what Manila/Phils has over Bangkok/Thai for me anyway.

Filipina dating sites oriented to foreigners have literally 10s of thousands of young girls, a high percentage with no children. I can go on these sites, cherry pick according to my own narrow criteria, initiate contact, and have a very good chance of getting dates and even intimacy with girls of my choice. A very good percentage turn out to be genuine in that they don't ask or expect anything moneywise. And bonding can be so easy as many of these girls speak and write English at good to native level.

Though I have not yet verified this personally, I believe Thai dating sites oriented to foreigners have a much smaller selection of not whore types without children and I think they are pickier about age and looks in general. Thailand is a much richer and therefore less desperate than Phils. And you have a big language barrier with many if you don't speak Thai.

Many Filipinas are keen to have a serious relationship leading to marriage with the foreigner. Thais, assuming they are attracted to you, may be more inclined to the here and now.

Looks wise, I think there is pretty large agreement on the forum that Thai gals are on average better looking than Filippinas. And they are at least 2 or inches taller on average too. People often talk about short dark and ugly girls from Issan vs. tall, light skinned, and beautiful girls from Central Thailand or of at least part Thai Chinese stock. IMO, this perception is exaggerated. These days, I see a significant percentage of taller and attractive girls from Issan, some of whom even have NE Asian skin tone. Many from Chiangmai area are like that too. And you can ask AIB about beauties in southern Thailand. OTOH, I still see plenty of plain looking light skinned girls who aren't particularly tall in Bangkok from some of the best schools or backgrounds. There are plenty of plain looking Chinese or light skinned types of gals in Asia, even Bangkok.

So, to compare the 2 countries, I see it as having a bigger choice from a market with a small percentage of beauties or a much smaller choice from a country with a higher percentage of beauties. Since I don't speak Thai and don't like approaching in English when there's a good chance girl speaks no little English, I prefer Phils. for specific purpose of meeting and dating girls. Of course Thai beats Phils. on most other aspects except of course English.

On the scamming issue, Thais scam too. They sometimes do it in different ways. I would say their ways are in general more clever and less easy to see through or combat. They sometimes play the long term game with guys who fall in love too easily. But they also have ongoing rackets which are virtually open in plain view. When you fall prey, you may have no recourse but to pay up. Scammers may use violence against you and police are of little use. You generally get less outward respect as a foreigner in Thailand than you do in Phils cus 1. your relatively less rich there than you are in Phils and b. for every 1 foreigner in Phils. there are 5 in Thai even tho Thai is a bit smaller than Phils population wise.

If you wanna take everything Lad says at face value, then you could believe that since you are of NE Asian stock, Bangkok will be some kind of paradise for you. But keep in mind, ManInSiam is tall decent looking Korean American and overall, I would say he struggled to get anywhere even though he focused on approaching just regular girls in the 2 or so months here was in Bangkok. Experiences really vary so much depending on the person.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4118
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:16 pm

Postby Rock » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:27 pm

kai1275 wrote:
Rock wrote:
anamericaninbangkok wrote:
Winston wrote:AnAmericaninBangkok,
It isn't just about looks or money. Some guys have a certain karma or energy in a certain country that makes them luckier, or vice versa.

Steve R seems to vibe well with Thais, whereas Ladislav was the complete opposite. Today at a Thai restaurant, a Thai lady and her daughter smiled flirtatiously at him, even with the lady's husband next to her. That was unusual, especially for the daughter. Steve took it as a sign from the universe that he belongs in Thailand.

Xiongmao, Steve has matchmakers in Bangkok. Want them to help you?

It sounds like Bangkok is better than Philippines in nearly every way. Why would any guy go to the Philippines then? In every category, Thailand sounds better. They also don't scam or hustle as much as Filipinas do.

Do Thai girls make eye contact? Do they have a relaxed vibe toward strangers? If you say "excuse me" do they stop and talk to you or ignore you like Chinese and American girls do?


You're kidding yourself Winston, seriously.

First, if you know anything about Thais and their culture, playful flirting is part of the culture and VERY common. If she started sucking his cock that would be different. Did she ask him for his phone number or vice-versa? Also, the woman's husband probably didn't give a shit because he knows it's innocent flirting, or friendliness, and he was probably getting a kick out of it. That's how they roll.

Like I said in the other thread, I don't think it has as much to do with him as it does with their own culture.

Do Thais girls make eye contact - yes, but most will avoid it if they're involved and don't want to f**k around.

Do they have a relaxed vibe towards strangers - YES. I can walk up to any Thai girl, even speaking English, without thinking they're going to tell me to f**k off. If I'm speaking in Thai I can visibly see them relax as they know they won't need to speak English. The vast majority who speak English, even decent English, would prefer to speak Thai instead of English. My own kids are this way which is why I have a Speak English inside the house policy.

Will they stop and talk to you or ignore you like Chinese and American girls - yes, they will. Definitely.

If you're at a Thai restaurant eating Thai food, chances are pretty good any Thai woman will be open to talking to you, briefly or longer. Why? Because Thais are proud when people eat their food and experience their culture, especially if someone says, "Oh, I've been to Thailand. I love it there."


Well maybe u need to get to know Winston a bit better. His focus is on apparent approachability of girls and how much flirting he can generate, not about ultimate scorability. His Russian journals and positive aftertaste about his first series of HA experiences bear that out. Cus he'll be the firs to admit that he did not elicit any kind of sexual or romantic attraction from those gals. Yet he was happier than a pig in shit there.

I invited him to Bangkok well over a year ago. He thought about it and then came up with a barrage of excuses why he couldn't do it. Maybe he's convinced himself this time to finally go.


Is Winston one of those Asian guys that loves flirtatious attention from pretty girls and being surrounded by them more than actually f***ing any of them? Nothing wrong with that if that is the case, I'm just curious. I see guys like that all the time, they love going to KTV, geishas, stuff like that. A westerner is hard pressed to understand men like that, but over time I have come to understand why, and cultural and some psychological reasons seem to be the predominate reasoning. In fact some westerners do things like this too, although they do not realize it. Like Hooters, and kilted short skirt waitress restaurants, strip clubs that are topless only with no lap dances even, etc. Some men like chasing women more than f***ing them and avoided marriage like it was a plague, I knew a white guy like that.


Yes, I believe he generally is. He may get horny enough once in a blue moon to look for some real action one way or another. But look at how easily he exists in Vegas, presumably with no action.

Yep, there are expensive KTVs in Taipei and Taiwan too geared for that, places where u go and have a hot young number sit with you, give u some attention, and touch and flirt with you. For that, u might get charged 5,000-15,000 NT$ per hour depending on club and how much hanky panky u r allowed to pull off lol.

And let me tell you, I've met blond English teacher chicks here who've told me about their former lives in Japan as hi paid exotic hostess gals. All they had to do was pore drinks, sit with customers, and maybe drink with them. The guys wouldn't even touch them cus they were given extra space as foreigners. Yet they got paid so well for that, lol.

I didn't think about this before but in this regard, Winston is maybe quite similar to a lot of other local Chinese Asian guys.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4118
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:16 pm

Postby kai1275 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:41 pm

Rock wrote:
kai1275 wrote:
Rock wrote:
anamericaninbangkok wrote:
Winston wrote:AnAmericaninBangkok,
It isn't just about looks or money. Some guys have a certain karma or energy in a certain country that makes them luckier, or vice versa.

Steve R seems to vibe well with Thais, whereas Ladislav was the complete opposite. Today at a Thai restaurant, a Thai lady and her daughter smiled flirtatiously at him, even with the lady's husband next to her. That was unusual, especially for the daughter. Steve took it as a sign from the universe that he belongs in Thailand.

Xiongmao, Steve has matchmakers in Bangkok. Want them to help you?

It sounds like Bangkok is better than Philippines in nearly every way. Why would any guy go to the Philippines then? In every category, Thailand sounds better. They also don't scam or hustle as much as Filipinas do.

Do Thai girls make eye contact? Do they have a relaxed vibe toward strangers? If you say "excuse me" do they stop and talk to you or ignore you like Chinese and American girls do?


You're kidding yourself Winston, seriously.

First, if you know anything about Thais and their culture, playful flirting is part of the culture and VERY common. If she started sucking his cock that would be different. Did she ask him for his phone number or vice-versa? Also, the woman's husband probably didn't give a shit because he knows it's innocent flirting, or friendliness, and he was probably getting a kick out of it. That's how they roll.

Like I said in the other thread, I don't think it has as much to do with him as it does with their own culture.

Do Thais girls make eye contact - yes, but most will avoid it if they're involved and don't want to f**k around.

Do they have a relaxed vibe towards strangers - YES. I can walk up to any Thai girl, even speaking English, without thinking they're going to tell me to f**k off. If I'm speaking in Thai I can visibly see them relax as they know they won't need to speak English. The vast majority who speak English, even decent English, would prefer to speak Thai instead of English. My own kids are this way which is why I have a Speak English inside the house policy.

Will they stop and talk to you or ignore you like Chinese and American girls - yes, they will. Definitely.

If you're at a Thai restaurant eating Thai food, chances are pretty good any Thai woman will be open to talking to you, briefly or longer. Why? Because Thais are proud when people eat their food and experience their culture, especially if someone says, "Oh, I've been to Thailand. I love it there."


Well maybe u need to get to know Winston a bit better. His focus is on apparent approachability of girls and how much flirting he can generate, not about ultimate scorability. His Russian journals and positive aftertaste about his first series of HA experiences bear that out. Cus he'll be the firs to admit that he did not elicit any kind of sexual or romantic attraction from those gals. Yet he was happier than a pig in shit there.

I invited him to Bangkok well over a year ago. He thought about it and then came up with a barrage of excuses why he couldn't do it. Maybe he's convinced himself this time to finally go.


Is Winston one of those Asian guys that loves flirtatious attention from pretty girls and being surrounded by them more than actually f***ing any of them? Nothing wrong with that if that is the case, I'm just curious. I see guys like that all the time, they love going to KTV, geishas, stuff like that. A westerner is hard pressed to understand men like that, but over time I have come to understand why, and cultural and some psychological reasons seem to be the predominate reasoning. In fact some westerners do things like this too, although they do not realize it. Like Hooters, and kilted short skirt waitress restaurants, strip clubs that are topless only with no lap dances even, etc. Some men like chasing women more than f***ing them and avoided marriage like it was a plague, I knew a white guy like that.


Yes, I believe he generally is. He may get horny enough once in a blue moon to look for some real action one way or another. But look at how easily he exists in Vegas, presumably with no action.

Yep, there are expensive KTVs in Taipei and Taiwan too geared for that, places where u go and have a hot young number sit with you, give u some attention, and touch and flirt with you. For that, u might get charged 5,000-15,000 NT$ per hour depending on club and how much hanky panky u r allowed to pull off lol.

And let me tell you, I've met blond English teacher chicks here who've told me about their former lives in Japan as hi paid exotic hostess gals. All they had to do was pore drinks, sit with customers, and maybe drink with them. The guys wouldn't even touch them cus they were given extra space as foreigners. Yet they got paid so well for that, lol.

I didn't think about this before but in this regard, Winston is maybe quite similar to a lot of other local Chinese Asian guys.


Exactly! He is basically no different than my Chinese male friends. They do the exact same stuff! Any pretty woman that does not smile at them, they hate. A while back when they asked me to do some stuff like this, sitting and drinking with pretty women, but no touching, etc. I looked at them like they were nuts! Especially when they told me how much money they waste in the place. I wont spend 300+ dollars on liquor in one night, and not even be drunk, on a weeknight especially. f**k that. Eventually I will have to do it anyway because that is how business deals are getting done sometimes. I avoided it then, but things are more serious now business wise, so I will have to participate in it more... :X
kai1275
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1436
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:19 pm

Postby Banano » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:58 pm

get real guys

of course Winston wants to get laid, its not like he will be satisfied with just talking to hot girls and go home to rub one out
He wanted to bang all those Russian girls but he wasn't able to so he thought 'all right at least they are friendly to me unlike AW'
Banano
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2013
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:26 am

Postby Repatriate » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:12 pm

Rock wrote:Though I have not yet verified this personally, I believe Thai dating sites oriented to foreigners have a much smaller selection of not whore types without children and I think they are pickier about age and looks in general. Thailand is a much richer and therefore less desperate than Phils. And you have a big language barrier with many if you don't speak Thai.

The Thai culture and language curve is just pretty high compared with most countries. A lot of foreigners also don't jive well with the passive-aggressive and at times contradictory nature of Thai culture. So they settle with easy girls around the 4-5 range or the even lower bar girl types who are more than willing to hop on any dick with a bit of cash. This means in order to get any kind of quality you have to sink significant time and learning into Thailand unless you're a model handsome guy. Then the easy girls might move up to 6's and possibly 7's. However if a guy is that handsome then he should be fishing in elite waters and not Thai nightclubs anyhow :lol: Even then the top tier is elusive without language/culture.

Plus Thais can seem really tolerant about a lot of things but in reality they want nothing to do with you.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2533
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:39 pm

Postby Winston » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:49 pm

Rock wrote:Well maybe u need to get to know Winston a bit better. His focus is on apparent approachability of girls and how much flirting he can generate, not about ultimate scorability. His Russian journals and positive aftertaste about his first series of HA experiences bear that out. Cus he'll be the firs to admit that he did not elicit any kind of sexual or romantic attraction from those gals. Yet he was happier than a pig in shit there.

I invited him to Bangkok well over a year ago. He thought about it and then came up with a barrage of excuses why he couldn't do it. Maybe he's convinced himself this time to finally go.


Kai1275 wrote:Is Winston one of those Asian guys that loves flirtatious attention from pretty girls and being surrounded by them more than actually f***ing any of them? Nothing wrong with that if that is the case, I'm just curious. I see guys like that all the time, they love going to KTV, geishas, stuff like that. A westerner is hard pressed to understand men like that, but over time I have come to understand why, and cultural and some psychological reasons seem to be the predominate reasoning. In fact some westerners do things like this too, although they do not realize it. Like Hooters, and kilted short skirt waitress restaurants, strip clubs that are topless only with no lap dances even, etc. Some men like chasing women more than f***ing them and avoided marriage like it was a plague, I knew a white guy like that.


You guys are confused. I never said I don't want to get laid. Never. You are inventing things in your mind that I never said.

Where did I say I didn't want to get laid? The choice for me isn't between getting laid and not. You see, I like attention from women. I like going out with them, touching them, holding them, flirting with them, etc. I like romantic dates and trying to be romantic too. I even watch romantic movies, unlike most guys here. I'm a true romantic. Why am I the only here that is?

So for me, even if I don't get sex, getting dates, flirting, touching, kissing, holding hands, etc. is better than nothing. Of course, if you get high from touching a girl, and it doesn't culminate in sex, it feels like a let down later. But in the big picture, getting dates and some stimulation from women is BETTER than NOTHING AT ALL!

Geez. How hard is this for you guys to understand?

Getting attention from women, even if it leads nowhere, is better than none. It's better than no eye contact and hostile faces in America.

Who wants to feel like they don't exist? Why is this so hard for some of you to understand?

Kai, wtf? I would never pay a ton of money in a KTV just to sit with a girl. I don't know any guys who would do that either, not even Asian guys. I don't know where you get this, or why you compare me to that.

I am very frugal and efficient with money. Anyone can tell you that. Most Chinese are. I'm only Chinese in that I like tall skinny light skinned girls and I'm frugal. But I am not Chinese in that the rest of the Chinese around me are conformists who only talk about practical things, and never think outside the box. In that way, I am not Chinese. So get things straight will you?

But that doesn't mean I'd waste a ton of money in a KTV just to talk to a girl and not touch her. No way. I'd rather go to the strip club in America than do that. At least in a strip club, I get to rub the girl's legs, shoulders and butt, which is my fantasy, before she does a lap dance, and during one as well.

I liked Russia and found it to be fun because I got a lot of attention from girls there, yes. But if you compare that to no attention in America, of course it's better. Duh. But that doesn't mean that I don't want to score or get laid. I don't know where you guys get this. Strange.

Even in America, going to a strip club and talking to girls while rubbing and touching their bodies is better than ZERO contact with women. Sad as that may sound, it's true nevertheless. Is that really hard for you guys to understand?

Rock, I didn't say no girls in Russia showed romantic interest in me. They did, but often it was fake. They pretended to be romantic and held my hand and even kissed me. But most of the time, they didn't go to bed with me. But again, it's BETTER than nothing. I never ever said that I don't want to have sex with them. I don't know where you get this. A man takes what he can get.

You need to look at the big picture. Otherwise, you are just another narrow guy who only cares about getting laid, which supports the negative stereotype of guys like us.

Of course, I have gotten sex in Russia, but it wasn't often. I did get a lot of romance there though.

Russian girls are hardwired to like big strong masculine macho types of men. They like guys who look like Mark Davis. Not me. Guys like me are seen as asexual to them. That was the main problem.

I can get girls in Russia though. I had a girlfriend there named Alina remember? But she wasn't really my type. So I can get girls there, just not hot ones or ones that are my type.

I've explained all of this many times already. We've been over all this before.

I did meet Marina at the end remember? You said you liked her and that we looked compatible in the photos I posted here: http://www.happierabroad.com/forum/view ... hp?t=12974

But when I met her, I was already on the way out. Like I said, bad luck, bad timing and Murphy's Law always seem to follow me. Rock, you've hung around me and seen it hundreds of times. So you are convinced of that now, even if it doesn't fit into male left brained logic (like Momopi's). Guys like Momopi may not believe in Murphy's Law because it doesn't fit into their left-brained practical materialistic world. But when people like Rock are around me a lot and see Murphy's Law work in my life HUNDREDS of times in a row, they become convinced that there is something to it. Even Ladislav believes in the existence of a Murphy's Law type of force, because he's experienced it many times for many years.

The thing is, if you experience something routinely everyday, like bad luck or Murphy's law or some force against you, you become a believer in it, even if it doesn't fit into left brained male logic (like Momopi's). It's one thing to deny something. But if you experience is everyday as a regular occurrence, you will come to believe in it for sure.

The point is, there are some weird forces in the universe that we just don't understand. Just because they don't fit into narrow left brained male logic, doesn't mean that they don't exist. When you see it happen everyday, you know that it exists alright.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23594
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby Rock » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:49 am

Winston wrote:Getting attention from women, even if it leads nowhere, is better than none. It's better than no eye contact and hostile faces in America.


Hmm, when a girl gives me attention, eye contact, and flirting that leads to nowhere, it sounds like cock-teasing to me. I would rather they ignore me from the start than get me revved up for nothing.

When I first went to Latin America, I had to get used to girls walking right up into my space bubble, smiling, and touching me, yet not intending to get intimate with me. Believe me, it was confusing and frustrating for awhile. Lot's of wasted boners lol.

Now if a girl I am attracted to will make-out with me, especially in a private area, that's something I still value. That goes way beyond cock teasing. I guess you at least got some of that in Russia which is great.

I've had girls in Taiwan flirt heavily with me (yes it does happen sometimes) with no intention to date or get intimate with me. And I've had nasty faced cold fish eventually warm-up and get intimate with me here. Screw the former. I would much rather be ignored. As for the latter cases, it's a wonderful surprise when it happens cus your expectations are so low.

Lad has talked about how he felt peace in places like Saudi, kind of being a child again, cus there are no women around to tempt you with untouchable fruits. I can relate to where he's coming from here. Things were simple before puberty and if girls disappear from your radar long enough, perhaps you almost return to that mind-set.

As for the USA, I sometimes think about it in a different light. For elderly guys who still have sex drive, it must really suck to see girls you can't touch but younger guys can. So if States has gotten so bad that even overwhelming majority of young seemingly qualified guys get same treatment from these gals as an old retired gent, that doesn't actually sound so bad. Cus you don't have that feeling that you are missing-out on anything. So perhaps USA is in a way good for extremely ugly or old guys as that environment puts them on more equal footing with more mainstream guys - 'we're all pretty much equally worthless as far as women are concerned' lol. You as a decent looking nice young guy can't get any more of that kind of attention or action than I can as a geezer with one foot in the grave.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4118
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:16 pm

Postby Winston » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:20 am

Rock wrote:
Winston wrote:Getting attention from women, even if it leads nowhere, is better than none. It's better than no eye contact and hostile faces in America.


Hmm, when a girl gives me attention, eye contact, and flirting that leads to nowhere, it sounds like cock-teasing to me. I would rather they ignore me from the start than get me revved up for nothing.


If I thought that way, then I'd go crazy. I have to be happy with what I can get. Besides, most girls don't move that quickly. You can't expect them to. It's not realistic.

I thought you had very little sexual appetite anyway? I've never seen you horny or drooling.

Btw, has your mind changed regarding the PI? When you first started going there, you said that foreigners can usually only choose from Filipinas of the lowest class who need money and sponsors. And that non-p4p girls weren't into foreigners and weren't very approachable. Now it looks like you've changed your mind, based on your post above about why you go to the Philippines. Why? What made you change your mind?
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23594
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby Rock » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:57 am

Winston wrote:
Rock wrote:
Winston wrote:Getting attention from women, even if it leads nowhere, is better than none. It's better than no eye contact and hostile faces in America.


Hmm, when a girl gives me attention, eye contact, and flirting that leads to nowhere, it sounds like cock-teasing to me. I would rather they ignore me from the start than get me revved up for nothing.


If I thought that way, then I'd go crazy. I have to be happy with what I can get. Besides, most girls don't move that quickly. You can't expect them to. It's not realistic.

I thought you had very little sexual appetite anyway? I've never seen you horny or drooling.

Btw, has your mind changed regarding the PI? When you first started going there, you said that foreigners can usually only choose from Filipinas of the lowest class who need money and sponsors. And that non-p4p girls weren't into foreigners and weren't very approachable. Now it looks like you've changed your mind, based on your post above about why you go to the Philippines. Why? What made you change your mind?


Good question. I've had some decent luck with meeting middle class types and non-gold digging poorer types via cherry picking online. Back when u were living there, all I did was make short visits to Metro Manila and Angeles and make a handful of cold approaches. I don't think Phils. is so good for cold approaching but using dating sites and perhaps networks of friends can yield some results. I've been particularly impressed with the English and intellectual level of some of the Pinays I've had the pleasure to know.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4118
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:16 pm

Postby kai1275 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:16 pm

Rock wrote:
Winston wrote:Getting attention from women, even if it leads nowhere, is better than none. It's better than no eye contact and hostile faces in America.


Hmm, when a girl gives me attention, eye contact, and flirting that leads to nowhere, it sounds like cock-teasing to me. I would rather they ignore me from the start than get me revved up for nothing.

When I first went to Latin America, I had to get used to girls walking right up into my space bubble, smiling, and touching me, yet not intending to get intimate with me. Believe me, it was confusing and frustrating for awhile. Lot's of wasted boners lol.

Now if a girl I am attracted to will make-out with me, especially in a private area, that's something I still value. That goes way beyond cock teasing. I guess you at least got some of that in Russia which is great.

I've had girls in Taiwan flirt heavily with me (yes it does happen sometimes) with no intention to date or get intimate with me. And I've had nasty faced cold fish eventually warm-up and get intimate with me here. Screw the former. I would much rather be ignored. As for the latter cases, it's a wonderful surprise when it happens cus your expectations are so low.

Lad has talked about how he felt peace in places like Saudi, kind of being a child again, cus there are no women around to tempt you with untouchable fruits. I can relate to where he's coming from here. Things were simple before puberty and if girls disappear from your radar long enough, perhaps you almost return to that mind-set.

As for the USA, I sometimes think about it in a different light. For elderly guys who still have sex drive, it must really suck to see girls you can't touch but younger guys can. So if States has gotten so bad that even overwhelming majority of young seemingly qualified guys get same treatment from these gals as an old retired gent, that doesn't actually sound so bad. Cus you don't have that feeling that you are missing-out on anything. So perhaps USA is in a way good for extremely ugly or old guys as that environment puts them on more equal footing with more mainstream guys - 'we're all pretty much equally worthless as far as women are concerned' lol. You as a decent looking nice young guy can't get any more of that kind of attention or action than I can as a geezer with one foot in the grave.


I am with Rock on this. Teasing drives me literally insane. I hate it. Cannot stand it. I have almost zero patience or tolerance for it. I bet the average American black guy feels the same way. Lines similar to "You gonna gimme that p***y or what?!" sound familiar? Some men like that shit though, and that is okay I think. Being sexually patient has many benefits. Some men even have teasing fetishes and like the very prolonged romance sessions that start from morning until the man or woman comes home and there are rose petals, wine, chocolates, ropes and handcuffs, etc... Don't get me wrong I like that stuff too sometimes because I am very romantic myself, I just use different romance techniques. I just don't like the prolonged cock-teasing AW are notorious for when I am trying to just get a phone number or get to know them. I would rather they ignore me if they are not really all that interested in me to begin with. But hey if you like the chase I am cool with that too.

Also since you are Chinese and do not know of any Chinese men spending lots of money in a KTV, for guan xi purposes, you need to get out more. Seriously. Most Chinese businessmen, especially in Mainland China, do this stuff. Drinking bai jiu, teasing and hanging out with young girls etc. Yeah Chinese are frugal, but they splurge money in ways just like other humans in different cultures do too.
kai1275
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1436
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:19 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 3 guests