Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Filipinas

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby ryanx » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:24 pm

Angel :

Kumusta. You said before "Take your time, you need that to gain perspective. Not everything that glitters is gold. You'll soon get used to it."

What did you mean?


Trust me she is no Angel - she is called 'Ginger' and she is just a busybody, likes to offer an opinion on everything under the sun. For example, she gives dating advice based on second and third hand info she claims she gets from her 'brothers' and 'cousins'. She also doesn't date!

Sometimes I wonder if posting on the forums is the only thing she does all day long, going by the sheer number of them. You can't turn your head away for 5 seconds in case you miss some golden nugget of wisdom from her.

I am even thinking of proposing to her :)
ryanx
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 283
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:08 am







Postby lavezzi » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:31 pm

my conclusion was that a relatively significant portion of filipinas on dia are 100% legit, as odd as that may seem. still a minority, but enough of a minority to easily be able to find a nice one. these girls crave attention. all females do, the difference is the women we're used to in the west are swamped with attention so we never get to see the craving aspect, when we see it in filipinas we assume there must definitely be an alterior motive.
lavezzi
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 707
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:38 pm
Location: Republic of Éire

Postby Johnny1975 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:38 pm

Banano wrote:Another reincarnated idiot on HA


Bet you most of these girls were in internet cafes, :lol:


You need to learn a lot and HA is good place to start


Thanks, yes I do need to learn a lot. By the way, f**k you.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1326
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:07 pm

Postby zboy1 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:02 pm

ryanx wrote:
Angel :

Kumusta. You said before "Take your time, you need that to gain perspective. Not everything that glitters is gold. You'll soon get used to it."

What did you mean?


Trust me she is no Angel - she is called 'Ginger' and she is just a busybody, likes to offer an opinion on everything under the sun. For example, she gives dating advice based on second and third hand info she claims she gets from her 'brothers' and 'cousins'. She also doesn't date!

Sometimes I wonder if posting on the forums is the only thing she does all day long, going by the sheer number of them. You can't turn your head away for 5 seconds in case you miss some golden nugget of wisdom from her.

I am even thinking of proposing to her :)


Please stop with the personal attacks on Ginger or else I'm going to be forced to ban you, ryanx!
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4441
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:33 am

Postby davewe » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:18 pm

Johnny1975 wrote:No, I have no intention of meeting them. What am I looking for? Knowledge. I'm trying to get an idea of their mindset. It's better to get some some minor insights than no insights. The girls totally understand that I have no intention of meeting them, because they can see from my profile that I live in The UK. They already understand that it's all about the chat and nothing else.


The fact that you are from the UK is one of the biggest reasons they are chatting with you. Whether the girl is good, bad or somewhere in between, the girls on DIA are there to meet foreign men. She is hoping you will travel to the Philippines and furthermore that you will meet her. If you truly want to be honest with them you should post on your profile that you have no intention of visiting or relocating to PI, but even them some girls will chat with you and hope to change your mind.
davewe
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1391
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:21 am

Postby Johnny1975 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:27 pm

davewe wrote:
Johnny1975 wrote:No, I have no intention of meeting them. What am I looking for? Knowledge. I'm trying to get an idea of their mindset. It's better to get some some minor insights than no insights. The girls totally understand that I have no intention of meeting them, because they can see from my profile that I live in The UK. They already understand that it's all about the chat and nothing else.


The fact that you are from the UK is one of the biggest reasons they are chatting with you. Whether the girl is good, bad or somewhere in between, the girls on DIA are there to meet foreign men. She is hoping you will travel to the Philippines and furthermore that you will meet her. If you truly want to be honest with them you should post on your profile that you have no intention of visiting or relocating to PI, but even them some girls will chat with you and hope to change your mind.


What's DIA? I'm talking about OkCupid and Oasis. In other words, sites that are not specifically for people from different countries to meet.

The thing is, I've heard conflicting things about filipinas. You're saying that more often than not they want to leave their country, but I've heard from elsewhere (I believe Winston has mentioned it) that this is not the case as often as is believed.

It's confusing. It would be madness to assume that they're all the same and that they all have the same mentality and intentions, but I'm sure there are patterns. The question is, what do I believe? You, or those who would say that they don't want to leave their country?
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1326
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:07 pm

Postby davewe » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:52 pm

Johnny1975 wrote:What's DIA? I'm talking about OkCupid and Oasis. In other words, sites that are not specifically for people from different countries to meet.

The thing is, I've heard conflicting things about filipinas. You're saying that more often than not they want to leave their country, but I've heard from elsewhere (I believe Winston has mentioned it) that this is not the case as often as is believed.

It's confusing. It would be madness to assume that they're all the same and that they all have the same mentality and intentions, but I'm sure there are patterns. The question is, what do I believe? You, or those who would say that they don't want to leave their country?


I never said that most want to leave the country, though many do. Currently about 10% of the adult Philippines population live and work abroad. Actually what I meant was that most will hope that you will come visit the Philippines. They may or may not admit it to you but many want to meet Western men.

Most guys on HA when it comes to chatting with Filipinas are using the International sites like DIA (Date in Asia) or Cherry Blossoms or Filipino Cupid, so I misunderstood where you were meeting girls online.

Of course people are different as far as their attitudes or intentions. My point was only that trying to learn about a culture from online communication rather than getting on a plane has its limitations. But regardless, have fun chatting - Filipinas can be delightful.
davewe
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1391
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:21 am

Postby Johnny1975 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:39 pm

davewe wrote:
Johnny1975 wrote:What's DIA? I'm talking about OkCupid and Oasis. In other words, sites that are not specifically for people from different countries to meet.

The thing is, I've heard conflicting things about filipinas. You're saying that more often than not they want to leave their country, but I've heard from elsewhere (I believe Winston has mentioned it) that this is not the case as often as is believed.

It's confusing. It would be madness to assume that they're all the same and that they all have the same mentality and intentions, but I'm sure there are patterns. The question is, what do I believe? You, or those who would say that they don't want to leave their country?


I never said that most want to leave the country, though many do. Currently about 10% of the adult Philippines population live and work abroad. Actually what I meant was that most will hope that you will come visit the Philippines. They may or may not admit it to you but many want to meet Western men.

Most guys on HA when it comes to chatting with Filipinas are using the International sites like DIA (Date in Asia) or Cherry Blossoms or Filipino Cupid, so I misunderstood where you were meeting girls online.

Of course people are different as far as their attitudes or intentions. My point was only that trying to learn about a culture from online communication rather than getting on a plane has its limitations. But regardless, have fun chatting - Filipinas can be delightful.


Oh yes, of course, a lot of filipinas work in Saudi Arabia. Why do you think that a significant number of them want to meet western guys? Could it be due to something in their culture, along the lines of filipino men not appreciating them or taking them for granted or something like that (I think I might have heard that somewhere)?

Yes filipinas are really nice. It's easy for me to not get hooked on the girls that I'm chatting to simply because I know I can't meet them, but I can imagine getting hooked if I was over there. I was thinking about it just now, and they strike me as good hearted but with a dark side. But not a malevolent dark side, just a weird, sneaky side, like someone who is capable of doing bad things for noble purposes if you get what I mean. Would you say there's any truth to that?
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1326
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:07 pm

johnny,

Postby lavezzi » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:58 am

i think what your getting at is the well known fact that filipinas are generally liars. not that they normally have much to hide, just their culture does not seem to instill the virtue or value of honesty into its people. the honesty of my korean gf was impeccible, i could tell she had it instilled in her from her upbringing how lying is a very bad thing to do. as for the filipina in dublin ive been chatting with over the phone for a couple of weeks, i havent even met her in person yet and ive already caught her lying a few times. and as per your earlier question of if filipinas wish to stay at home or move abroad, she flat out said that she is desperate to get pregnant so that she can have a baby here and be granted citizenship and she asked if i could help her with it. of course she does not speak for all filipinas but i always got the feeling most want to move abroad away from the philippines.
lavezzi
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 707
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:38 pm
Location: Republic of Éire

Re: johnny,

Postby Johnny1975 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:32 am

lavezzi wrote:i think what your getting at is the well known fact that filipinas are generally liars. not that they normally have much to hide, just their culture does not seem to instill the virtue or value of honesty into its people. the honesty of my korean gf was impeccible, i could tell she had it instilled in her from her upbringing how lying is a very bad thing to do. as for the filipina in dublin ive been chatting with over the phone for a couple of weeks, i havent even met her in person yet and ive already caught her lying a few times. and as per your earlier question of if filipinas wish to stay at home or move abroad, she flat out said that she is desperate to get pregnant so that she can have a baby here and be granted citizenship and she asked if i could help her with it. of course she does not speak for all filipinas but i always got the feeling most want to move abroad away from the philippines.


I find it hard to square the lying with the catholic upbringing. The two don't go together. If they are generally liars, then that's a really big deal to me. There must be some specific reason why they aren't encouraged to be truthful. There must be something deep in the culture, maybe even something that in its own weird way makes some kind of sense.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1326
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:07 pm

Postby Banano » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:11 am

johnny

Why dont you try to meet some Philipinas in your own city/town and see how you go, theres a lot of them in UK, OZ, Aust
Banano
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2013
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:26 am

Postby xiongmao » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:15 pm

There are loads of Filipinas from the Middle East on my site Asian Love Connections they log in quite a bit in their search for a man.

Filipinas are quite numerous in the UK as well, although the Chinese are way more numerous these days.
In February 2013 I quit my boring job and now I'm Happier Abroad...
Do YOU want to date beautiful foreign women? Find out which country's women are best for you, and which dating site to look for them on!
Plus, if you like Asian girls, then check out my free Asian dating site.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2540
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:09 pm
Location: London

Re: johnny,

Postby Raja » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:21 pm

Johnny1975 wrote:
lavezzi wrote:i think what your getting at is the well known fact that filipinas are generally liars. not that they normally have much to hide, just their culture does not seem to instill the virtue or value of honesty into its people. the honesty of my korean gf was impeccible, i could tell she had it instilled in her from her upbringing how lying is a very bad thing to do. as for the filipina in dublin ive been chatting with over the phone for a couple of weeks, i havent even met her in person yet and ive already caught her lying a few times. and as per your earlier question of if filipinas wish to stay at home or move abroad, she flat out said that she is desperate to get pregnant so that she can have a baby here and be granted citizenship and she asked if i could help her with it. of course she does not speak for all filipinas but i always got the feeling most want to move abroad away from the philippines.


I find it hard to square the lying with the catholic upbringing. The two don't go together. If they are generally liars, then that's a really big deal to me. There must be some specific reason why they aren't encouraged to be truthful. There must be something deep in the culture, maybe even something that in its own weird way makes some kind of sense.

It is to avoid direct confrontation and conflict. Look at their martial arts styles they attack the limbs first in an attempt to disarm rather then focus on killing strikes
Raja
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 312
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:53 pm

Re: johnny,

Postby OutWest » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:09 pm

lavezzi wrote:i think what your getting at is the well known fact that filipinas are generally liars. not that they normally have much to hide, just their culture does not seem to instill the virtue or value of honesty into its people. the honesty of my korean gf was impeccible, i could tell she had it instilled in her from her upbringing how lying is a very bad thing to do. as for the filipina in dublin ive been chatting with over the phone for a couple of weeks, i havent even met her in person yet and ive already caught her lying a few times. and as per your earlier question of if filipinas wish to stay at home or move abroad, she flat out said that she is desperate to get pregnant so that she can have a baby here and be granted citizenship and she asked if i could help her with it. of course she does not speak for all filipinas but i always got the feeling most want to move abroad away from the philippines.


Honest or not is one thing, but the facts are that having a baby in the USA does NOT mean she is granted citizenship.
"Helping" her is called immigration fraud. She could however apply for citizenship after lawfully living in the USA for a period of time
due to being married to a US citizen. There is no automatic granting of anything.

Outwest
OutWest
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2060
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:09 am
Location: Asia/USA

Postby Jester » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:38 am

Johnny1975 wrote:I've just had a long chat with a girl who I gave a list of things and asked her if she'd do them (ie cook for me, things like that), and she said yes. I asked her about delikadeza and she said that she's had it drilled into her. But then we started arguing in a playful way, which I like...She says that she's feisty and I do like that...

This part is fine if you like them feisty. just means an occasional spanking will be needed.

Johnny1975 wrote:She said that she doesn't like being asked to do things, but she prefers to do things only if she wants to, and she likes to think of stuff to do. She says that she's not submissive but that she only does things if it's her idea

This means no amount of spanking will solve the problem. She will cut the nuts off any man. Run like hell.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7869
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

PreviousNext

Return to Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests