Philippines has PUA now...

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

lavezzi wrote: in terms of the overall female population of the philippines there are probably a much higher percentage than 20% of good ones out there.
Yes, maybe that 20% estimate is too harsh. OTOH I have a very good Pinay friend who thinks it is closer to 10%. The point still remains that at 10 or 20% that is far higher than you would encounter in most Western cultures. I just wanted to counter the suggestion that they are all gold diggers while injecting reality that you do have to do some searching.

Also remember that such a % includes more factors than who is morally good or bad. It also includes a woman viable in other ways: decent language skills, intelligence/education, a woman with the strength to change and uproot her life, and yes decent looks. So by the time you factor in some basic requirements + good character, 20% might still be a reasonable estimate. And in a country of 100 million, that still leaves lots of fine women.

As to whether the limiting factor in not traveling/expatting is bills or balls - well only the individual knows for sure. But if truth be told - lack of money is more easily overcome than lack of courage.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

davewe wrote:
lavezzi wrote: in terms of the overall female population of the philippines there are probably a much higher percentage than 20% of good ones out there.
Yes, maybe that 20% estimate is too harsh. OTOH I have a very good Pinay friend who thinks it is closer to 10%. The point still remains that at 10 or 20% that is far higher than you would encounter in most Western cultures. I just wanted to counter the suggestion that they are all gold diggers while injecting reality that you do have to do some searching.

Also remember that such a % includes more factors than who is morally good or bad. It also includes a woman viable in other ways: decent language skills, intelligence/education, a woman with the strength to change and uproot her life, and yes decent looks. So by the time you factor in some basic requirements + good character, 20% might still be a reasonable estimate. And in a country of 100 million, that still leaves lots of fine women.

As to whether the limiting factor in not traveling/expatting is bills or balls - well only the individual knows for sure. But if truth be told - lack of money is more easily overcome than lack of courage.
I agree with Dave on this topic. I'm fully convinced that you can meet a nice girl online, go visit her twice and bring her over to the US on less than $7500. If you budget properly and live a frugal lifestyle, this amount of money is not a lot. I could further argue that if you bring over a lady with any brains, she can get a good job in the States and help pay this amount down very quickly. I sent my wife to dental assistant school which lasted 11 months. Upon her graduating she got a job immediately and started at $16 per hour. She's now up to $18 per hour which is GOOD supplemental income! All of the schooling and immigration expenses have long been paid for because she's an asset and not a liability.

So I really don't buy into the fact that money is holding you guys back. Perhaps it's lack of confidence or desire to have a wife. Let's face it, a lot of guys are very comfortable flying solo these days. It all boils down to your motivation. Pretty much all the guys here on HA that REALLY WANT A WIFE find a way to get it done.