Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


A Filipino's perspective on "Happier Abroad".

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

A Filipino's perspective on "Happier Abroad".

Postby Nak » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:59 am

I found this forum purely by accident, but I found the contents within shockingly naive. I simply couldn't help but to join and give my perspective, as someone who is native to the Philippines and has lived there most of his life.

I will first say that Winston Wu is accurate about most of his criticisms about my mother country and if anything he wasn't harsh enough. Most Filipinos are just plain retarded. Most of them do not even understand very basic concepts such as condensation, moon cycles, evolution and other things that from my understanding are a part of a twelve year old's scientific understanding in most civilized nations. I can only imagine Winston's frustration trying to explain concepts to Filipinos in English that they probably wouldn't understand in Tagalog. I can no longer use Tagalog forums as my fellow countrymen are far too stupid to have an intellectual conversation with. I live in China right now and whenever a Filipino who doesn't know me attempts to talk to me, I pretend like I can't understand him, but I digress.

Without further ado, I will get to the entire point of me posting on here. Many of you describe the PI as a "dating paradise". In my experience, the Philippines is the very antithesis of this, at least for men. Most Filipinas are the epitome of dishonesty, immorality, manipulation, materialism, and selfishness. They evaluate a man's potential dating value strictly on superficial traits such as income and appearance. Intelligence, morality, and kindness are not even things they take into consideration. These are things that became obvious to me I was very young.

Knowing this, I had to wonder to myself "have these western guys even been to the Philippines?!?!". Then I read more threads and have found that some of you actually have been there. Some people seem to have a quite accurate view on Filipina women, such as the person who wrote the following:

What if I told you that the idea of Filipinas being nice and kind and believe in God to be the furthest possible thing there is from the truth? What if I told you they are the exact opposite of this inside? And that the only reason they act this way is one of desperation, one of greed like you have never in your life known greed, and entitlement beyond logic or reason.

Filipino families hoe their daughters out to a foreigners, and teach them from the time they are young on how to act, how to manipulate, in order to extract as much money from the foreigner as they possible can. They have this down to a science much the same way the French have food down to a science. You cannot imagine what level they go to in order to do this, they can lie and deceive like no other women ever could, being so sweet and kind and understanding, and loyal, and there for you 100% like no other women out there. And yet your life is going to be more miserable than you could ever begin to imagine.

First comes the easy part, you have to help take care of her family, so they want some money every month, this might be $300 or so per month, whatever you can afford and are generous enough to give. But that my dear friend is only the beginning, that is only the hook within the mouth, little did you know you are dealing with a culture of lies and deception and greed beyond anything you've ever come close to seeing before in the your western culture. And this is how it's going to go:

First comes the money every month, then comes the money for college tuition for the brother, and medical expenses for the sister, funeral expenses for dad, and a never ending whole host of other things that would take far too much time to list.

And if for some reason you won't help out on these things not only will you be cheap, not only will your wife turn on you, but they will get even nastier about it and come up with the life or death emergencies, and you'll get one after another and they will be never ending and non stop.

The whole entire reason they wanted to marry a foreigner was so that they could take care of their families, and their families leach off of them, if you are from the west you cannot imagine this kind of behavior, not even rednecks act this way.

People sometimes compare Filipinos with Mexicans, I don't think this is accurate at all. Mexicans are on a completely different level. Mexicans are good hard working people, they don't steal everything from you, they don't lie to you about everything there is, they don't try to extort money from you, they don't treat you as if you were a walking ATM, Mexicans also won't go around pretending to be your friend and smiling at you all the time, Mexicans are real people, Filipinos are not in my opinion.

And there seems to be this massive conspiracy, I think manly from the Filipino people themselves, where they will say things like "not all Filipinos are that way", or "don't you have problems in your country as well?", or "no country is perfect", etc.....


Take the USA for example, there are some people who might scam you, or rip you off, this is very true. But when they do it they will only take a certain amount of money from you and then that's it. Not so with the Filipino. They will drain you of every last cent you have and then get pissed off you don't have anymore.

If you give your Filipina $300, you might get a thank you. If you then give her $1,000, you will get no thanks. If you then give her $5,000, she will need $10,000 more. And so now she is grateful correct? No, just the exact opposite, now she needs far more money than that, and you better give it to her, otherwise you are cheap and good for nothing. She will drain every last penny you own, and do it being very kind, very sweet, very loyal, everything you ever wanted in a woman.....

She is the most dangerous women on the planet, because she has her entire family, hundreds of relatives behind her, helping her, encouraging her, and they all need things. And she, having scored herself a walking ATM is the hero of the entire family, and the more she can milk that western man the more worth she has with her family, with her entire community.


However, some here have remarkably naive views on Filipina women such as those who label it a "dating paradise". I have some very bad news for these guys. I have known 8 Filipina women who have been in relationships or marriages with western men. I have asked all of them about their motives and all of them have admitted to me that they do not love their significant other and their motives are purely financial and/or related to gaining citizenship in another country. Not too long ago I overheard a woman who is engaged to a man from France talk about how awful it is to be with such an "ugly" man and how she cannot wait until she gets citizenship so she can divorce him and take his property. This is the typical attitude Filipinas have, they show absolutely no shame or remorse for their dishonest and immoral behavior.

I would estimate that maybe 5 percent of Filipinas are marriage material by my standards. I am going strictly by moral standards, not physical or intellectual standards because at this point I would be happy with a repugnant looking woman with the intellectual capabilities of a dog if she had a reasonable level of morality.

My dating experiences are pretty much in line with many members on here who live in the west. I had to approach about 100 women just to get one of them to even give me so much as a chance to get to know them, and most of the time they would end up rejecting me anyway. I have only been in two relationships, and both of them were selfish, materialistic bitches who ended up cheating on me.

What I do not get is why you all hate western women so much. I lived in America for 6 months and from what I saw, American women are more genuine, intelligent, and less materialistic when compared to Filipina women. Heck, most of them were smarter than the average Filipino. America certainly has a lot of problems and it is far from a "dating paradise" but I was at least able to get an FWB with an older woman. She was no beauty queen and could probably afford to lose 50kg, but I did not have to spend a cent on her besides the occasional dinner.

I will close with saying, if a Filipina is being nice to a man, it is only because she wants something from him. 95 percent of them are manipulative sociopaths and it is shocking to me that some western men are unable to see beyond their false personas when even most stupid Filipinos can sense the gold digger within them right away.
Nak
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:54 am







Re: A Filipino's perspective on "Happier Abroad".

Postby Rock » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:28 am

Nak wrote:I found this forum purely by accident, but I found the contents within shockingly naive. I simply couldn't help but to join and give my perspective, as someone who is native to the Philippines and has lived there most of his life.

I will first say that Winston Wu is accurate about most of his criticisms about my mother country and if anything he wasn't harsh enough. Most Filipinos are just plain retarded. Most of them do not even understand very basic concepts such as condensation, moon cycles, evolution and other things that from my understanding are a part of a twelve year old's scientific understanding in most civilized nations. I can only imagine Winston's frustration trying to explain concepts to Filipinos in English that they probably wouldn't understand in Tagalog. I can no longer use Tagalog forums as my fellow countrymen are far too stupid to have an intellectual conversation with. I live in China right now and whenever a Filipino who doesn't know me attempts to talk to me, I pretend like I can't understand him, but I digress.

Without further ado, I will get to the entire point of me posting on here. Many of you describe the PI as a "dating paradise". In my experience, the Philippines is the very antithesis of this, at least for men. Most Filipinas are the epitome of dishonesty, immorality, manipulation, materialism, and selfishness. They evaluate a man's potential dating value strictly on superficial traits such as income and appearance. Intelligence, morality, and kindness are not even things they take into consideration. These are things that became obvious to me I was very young.

Knowing this, I had to wonder to myself "have these western guys even been to the Philippines?!?!". Then I read more threads and have found that some of you actually have been there. Some people seem to have a quite accurate view on Filipina women, such as the person who wrote the following:

What if I told you that the idea of Filipinas being nice and kind and believe in God to be the furthest possible thing there is from the truth? What if I told you they are the exact opposite of this inside? And that the only reason they act this way is one of desperation, one of greed like you have never in your life known greed, and entitlement beyond logic or reason.

Filipino families hoe their daughters out to a foreigners, and teach them from the time they are young on how to act, how to manipulate, in order to extract as much money from the foreigner as they possible can. They have this down to a science much the same way the French have food down to a science. You cannot imagine what level they go to in order to do this, they can lie and deceive like no other women ever could, being so sweet and kind and understanding, and loyal, and there for you 100% like no other women out there. And yet your life is going to be more miserable than you could ever begin to imagine.

First comes the easy part, you have to help take care of her family, so they want some money every month, this might be $300 or so per month, whatever you can afford and are generous enough to give. But that my dear friend is only the beginning, that is only the hook within the mouth, little did you know you are dealing with a culture of lies and deception and greed beyond anything you've ever come close to seeing before in the your western culture. And this is how it's going to go:

First comes the money every month, then comes the money for college tuition for the brother, and medical expenses for the sister, funeral expenses for dad, and a never ending whole host of other things that would take far too much time to list.

And if for some reason you won't help out on these things not only will you be cheap, not only will your wife turn on you, but they will get even nastier about it and come up with the life or death emergencies, and you'll get one after another and they will be never ending and non stop.

The whole entire reason they wanted to marry a foreigner was so that they could take care of their families, and their families leach off of them, if you are from the west you cannot imagine this kind of behavior, not even rednecks act this way.

People sometimes compare Filipinos with Mexicans, I don't think this is accurate at all. Mexicans are on a completely different level. Mexicans are good hard working people, they don't steal everything from you, they don't lie to you about everything there is, they don't try to extort money from you, they don't treat you as if you were a walking ATM, Mexicans also won't go around pretending to be your friend and smiling at you all the time, Mexicans are real people, Filipinos are not in my opinion.

And there seems to be this massive conspiracy, I think manly from the Filipino people themselves, where they will say things like "not all Filipinos are that way", or "don't you have problems in your country as well?", or "no country is perfect", etc.....


Take the USA for example, there are some people who might scam you, or rip you off, this is very true. But when they do it they will only take a certain amount of money from you and then that's it. Not so with the Filipino. They will drain you of every last cent you have and then get pissed off you don't have anymore.

If you give your Filipina $300, you might get a thank you. If you then give her $1,000, you will get no thanks. If you then give her $5,000, she will need $10,000 more. And so now she is grateful correct? No, just the exact opposite, now she needs far more money than that, and you better give it to her, otherwise you are cheap and good for nothing. She will drain every last penny you own, and do it being very kind, very sweet, very loyal, everything you ever wanted in a woman.....

She is the most dangerous women on the planet, because she has her entire family, hundreds of relatives behind her, helping her, encouraging her, and they all need things. And she, having scored herself a walking ATM is the hero of the entire family, and the more she can milk that western man the more worth she has with her family, with her entire community.


However, some here have remarkably naive views on Filipina women such as those who label it a "dating paradise". I have some very bad news for these guys. I have known 8 Filipina women who have been in relationships or marriages with western men. I have asked all of them about their motives and all of them have admitted to me that they do not love their significant other and their motives are purely financial and/or related to gaining citizenship in another country. Not too long ago I overheard a woman who is engaged to a man from France talk about how awful it is to be with such an "ugly" man and how she cannot wait until she gets citizenship so she can divorce him and take his property. This is the typical attitude Filipinas have, they show absolutely no shame or remorse for their dishonest and immoral behavior.

I would estimate that maybe 5 percent of Filipinas are marriage material by my standards. I am going strictly by moral standards, not physical or intellectual standards because at this point I would be happy with a repugnant looking woman with the intellectual capabilities of a dog if she had a reasonable level of morality.

My dating experiences are pretty much in line with many members on here who live in the west. I had to approach about 100 women just to get one of them to even give me so much as a chance to get to know them, and most of the time they would end up rejecting me anyway. I have only been in two relationships, and both of them were selfish, materialistic bitches who ended up cheating on me.

What I do not get is why you all hate western women so much. I lived in America for 6 months and from what I saw, American women are more genuine, intelligent, and less materialistic when compared to Filipina women. Heck, most of them were smarter than the average Filipino. America certainly has a lot of problems and it is far from a "dating paradise" but I was at least able to get an FWB with an older woman. She was no beauty queen and could probably afford to lose 50kg, but I did not have to spend a cent on her besides the occasional dinner.

I will close with saying, if a Filipina is being nice to a man, it is only because she wants something from him. 95 percent of them are manipulative sociopaths and it is shocking to me that some western men are unable to see beyond their false personas when even most stupid Filipinos can sense the gold digger within them right away.


Perhaps some guys (serial dater types who are not picky about looks) consider it a sort of dating paradise cus:

1. A significant percentage of girls there assume whites and other foreigners are rich

2. Many of those girls will throw themselves at such guys in hopes of snagging him into a family support arrangement

3. But the serial serial dater MO is love em n leave em.

4. When serial dater meets gold digger, he pretends (to be interested in LT relationship) and she pretends (to be genuinely interested in him). So time is on his side. ST game vs. LT game.

5. They do a date or two, hit the hotel, then its slam, bam, thank you ma'am. Girl thinks now they are an item so she can start warming-up part 2 of her game while guy is ready to take his balls and play elsewhere.

Anyway, from the dating sites, I've found the gals who r less likely to be hard into money have narrower age restrictions and are much pickier about who they will go out with. Personally, I find the gold diggers extremely easy to identify, either on chat or at worst, within 1 to 2 dates.

Yes, some guys here may seem naive. We got one who generally pursues 35+ year age gap relationships and with girls there (unattractive ones by local standards but still very young). When others warn him they're just into him for money, he claims that all girls including his ex-wives are with men just for the support they bring to the table. He doesn't get the critical distinction between a sincere girl who is genuinely into you vs. a girl who sees you as a walking source of long term cash and support.

BTW, since you're a newbie, can u say something that only locals would know so the other Pinoy/ay regulars here can vouch for you that you really are a Filippino?
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4123
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:16 pm

Re: A Filipino's perspective on "Happier Abroad".

Postby Ginger » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:39 am

Nak wrote:I found this forum purely by accident, but I found the contents within shockingly naive. I simply couldn't help but to join and give my perspective, as someone who is native to the Philippines and has lived there most of his life.

I will first say that Winston Wu is accurate about most of his criticisms about my mother country and if anything he wasn't harsh enough. Most Filipinos are just plain retarded. Most of them do not even understand very basic concepts such as condensation, moon cycles, evolution and other things that from my understanding are a part of a twelve year old's scientific understanding in most civilized nations. I can only imagine Winston's frustration trying to explain concepts to Filipinos in English that they probably wouldn't understand in Tagalog. I can no longer use Tagalog forums as my fellow countrymen are far too stupid to have an intellectual conversation with. I live in China right now and whenever a Filipino who doesn't know me attempts to talk to me, I pretend like I can't understand him, but I digress.

Without further ado, I will get to the entire point of me posting on here. Many of you describe the PI as a "dating paradise". In my experience, the Philippines is the very antithesis of this, at least for men. Most Filipinas are the epitome of dishonesty, immorality, manipulation, materialism, and selfishness. They evaluate a man's potential dating value strictly on superficial traits such as income and appearance. Intelligence, morality, and kindness are not even things they take into consideration. These are things that became obvious to me I was very young.

Knowing this, I had to wonder to myself "have these western guys even been to the Philippines?!?!". Then I read more threads and have found that some of you actually have been there. Some people seem to have a quite accurate view on Filipina women, such as the person who wrote the following:

What if I told you that the idea of Filipinas being nice and kind and believe in God to be the furthest possible thing there is from the truth? What if I told you they are the exact opposite of this inside? And that the only reason they act this way is one of desperation, one of greed like you have never in your life known greed, and entitlement beyond logic or reason.

Filipino families hoe their daughters out to a foreigners, and teach them from the time they are young on how to act, how to manipulate, in order to extract as much money from the foreigner as they possible can. They have this down to a science much the same way the French have food down to a science. You cannot imagine what level they go to in order to do this, they can lie and deceive like no other women ever could, being so sweet and kind and understanding, and loyal, and there for you 100% like no other women out there. And yet your life is going to be more miserable than you could ever begin to imagine.

First comes the easy part, you have to help take care of her family, so they want some money every month, this might be $300 or so per month, whatever you can afford and are generous enough to give. But that my dear friend is only the beginning, that is only the hook within the mouth, little did you know you are dealing with a culture of lies and deception and greed beyond anything you've ever come close to seeing before in the your western culture. And this is how it's going to go:

First comes the money every month, then comes the money for college tuition for the brother, and medical expenses for the sister, funeral expenses for dad, and a never ending whole host of other things that would take far too much time to list.

And if for some reason you won't help out on these things not only will you be cheap, not only will your wife turn on you, but they will get even nastier about it and come up with the life or death emergencies, and you'll get one after another and they will be never ending and non stop.

The whole entire reason they wanted to marry a foreigner was so that they could take care of their families, and their families leach off of them, if you are from the west you cannot imagine this kind of behavior, not even rednecks act this way.

People sometimes compare Filipinos with Mexicans, I don't think this is accurate at all. Mexicans are on a completely different level. Mexicans are good hard working people, they don't steal everything from you, they don't lie to you about everything there is, they don't try to extort money from you, they don't treat you as if you were a walking ATM, Mexicans also won't go around pretending to be your friend and smiling at you all the time, Mexicans are real people, Filipinos are not in my opinion.

And there seems to be this massive conspiracy, I think manly from the Filipino people themselves, where they will say things like "not all Filipinos are that way", or "don't you have problems in your country as well?", or "no country is perfect", etc.....


Take the USA for example, there are some people who might scam you, or rip you off, this is very true. But when they do it they will only take a certain amount of money from you and then that's it. Not so with the Filipino. They will drain you of every last cent you have and then get pissed off you don't have anymore.

If you give your Filipina $300, you might get a thank you. If you then give her $1,000, you will get no thanks. If you then give her $5,000, she will need $10,000 more. And so now she is grateful correct? No, just the exact opposite, now she needs far more money than that, and you better give it to her, otherwise you are cheap and good for nothing. She will drain every last penny you own, and do it being very kind, very sweet, very loyal, everything you ever wanted in a woman.....

She is the most dangerous women on the planet, because she has her entire family, hundreds of relatives behind her, helping her, encouraging her, and they all need things. And she, having scored herself a walking ATM is the hero of the entire family, and the more she can milk that western man the more worth she has with her family, with her entire community.


However, some here have remarkably naive views on Filipina women such as those who label it a "dating paradise". I have some very bad news for these guys. I have known 8 Filipina women who have been in relationships or marriages with western men. I have asked all of them about their motives and all of them have admitted to me that they do not love their significant other and their motives are purely financial and/or related to gaining citizenship in another country. Not too long ago I overheard a woman who is engaged to a man from France talk about how awful it is to be with such an "ugly" man and how she cannot wait until she gets citizenship so she can divorce him and take his property. This is the typical attitude Filipinas have, they show absolutely no shame or remorse for their dishonest and immoral behavior.

I would estimate that maybe 5 percent of Filipinas are marriage material by my standards. I am going strictly by moral standards, not physical or intellectual standards because at this point I would be happy with a repugnant looking woman with the intellectual capabilities of a dog if she had a reasonable level of morality.

My dating experiences are pretty much in line with many members on here who live in the west. I had to approach about 100 women just to get one of them to even give me so much as a chance to get to know them, and most of the time they would end up rejecting me anyway. I have only been in two relationships, and both of them were selfish, materialistic bitches who ended up cheating on me.

What I do not get is why you all hate western women so much. I lived in America for 6 months and from what I saw, American women are more genuine, intelligent, and less materialistic when compared to Filipina women. Heck, most of them were smarter than the average Filipino. America certainly has a lot of problems and it is far from a "dating paradise" but I was at least able to get an FWB with an older woman. She was no beauty queen and could probably afford to lose 50kg, but I did not have to spend a cent on her besides the occasional dinner.

I will close with saying, if a Filipina is being nice to a man, it is only because she wants something from him. 95 percent of them are manipulative sociopaths and it is shocking to me that some western men are unable to see beyond their false personas when even most stupid Filipinos can sense the gold digger within them right away.




I highly doubt you are a filipino, perhaps another white-boy-wannabe who has never seen real Philippines is more apt. You actually form your sentences like the troll here who has a pathological hatred of all things pinay and pinoy (talk about self hate). You have the same exact beliefs too! What a coincidence! I'm even skeptical if you are not the same person lol. If you are not the same person, maybe you can form a club with the guy at this thread http://www.happierabroad.com/forum/view ... 326#109326 haha. I could be wrong that you are the same person posing and posting as someone else (aka trolling), but you gotta admit man, your writing reeks of hatred of pinays because they won't give you time of the day, and only AWs did (hence the part highlighted above). Maybe you are really an AW.

Anyways, I find it very difficult to believe all the 8 pinay friends you have who are with foreigners openly tell you they are gold diggers. How does one end with 8 pinay gold digger friends anyway? Is it the case of the birds of the same feather flock together?

Siguro naman gets mo ibig ko sabihin kuya? Sana umayos ka kesa naman magpanggap eh halata naman hindi trulaloo. Sige nga, inglisin mo to ng bonggang bonga kung keribels mo. Baka maniwala ako kung kaya mo gawin yun para sa mga pangungusap na ito.

I also would like to see the link where you got your 'quote'. I'll say sorry if you can prove you are who you say you are, please read the part I posted in local language.

From what I can see, you said you stayed in the US for 6 (lonnnnnnnnnng) months and made that conclusion, are you sure you are just not infected with the americanization virus so you are doing all you can to be white-washed by trashing the place you came from? What type of women and people do you associate yourself with in the Philippines anyway? Who you associate yourself with tells a lot about the type of person you are. Either you are a self hater, or a white boy wannabe who can't get laid in the Philippines, hence the sour graping.

If you go with trash, of course you will see garbage (that goes for any nationality or country).

Please answer Rock's query. I demand logical proof and I won't accept sweeping generalizations.

Are you sure you are not an AW or an AW wannabe? :P
Last edited by Ginger on Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I do not promise to be gingerly :P
Ginger
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 391
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:39 pm
Location: somewhere out there

Re: A Filipino's perspective on "Happier Abroad".

Postby fschmidt » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:05 am

Nak wrote:Intelligence, morality, and kindness are not even things they [Filipinas] take into consideration.

Nak, what you don't understand is that, by Western standards, this is a big plus. You see, in the West (feminist societies), women do take intelligence, morality, and kindness in consideration but as extreme negatives. In other words, men who are intelligent, moral, or kind have virtually no chance of finding a girlfriend in the West. So we are thrilled to find countries where these things aren't held against us.
Following the Old Testament, not evil modern culture
fschmidt
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2118
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 8:16 am
Location: El Paso, TX

Postby Winston » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:47 am

It is true that many (not sure about most) Filipinas are: "epitome of dishonesty, immorality, manipulation, materialism, and selfishness".

However, they treat men good, act sweet and humble, and provide cheap sex. That's good enough for many guys, at least for the short term. It's better than being ignored or treated like shit, or being around women who all think they're hot shit and too good for you, all of which is depriving to a man. A Filipina's attitude is also refreshing compared to the anti-male hostility attitude of American females. At least Filipinas don't hate men. That means a lot and is very refreshing. If you had grown up in the US all your life, you might understand more. Some things you can't understand unless you've experienced them for years. American women enjoy rejecting men, using any little thing they can against them. It's like their sport. It's very sick and inhuman. Just wanting a decent woman to even hang out with is too much to ask in many cases.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23610
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Re: A Filipino's perspective on "Happier Abroad".

Postby Dragon » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:06 am

I agree. This guy's words smell like BS all around. 8 gold digging friends and no luck with women in the PH? Pants on fire bro.


Ginger wrote:Siguro naman gets mo ibig ko sabihin kuya? Sana umayos ka kesa naman magpanggap eh halata naman hindi trulaloo. Sige nga, inglisin mo to ng bonggang bonga kung keribels mo. Baka maniwala ako kung kaya mo gawin yun para sa mga pangungusap na ito.


Yes, I agree. Romney should have won the election if he had garnered more votes from the swings states by having a more moderate platform.
I am a terrible person.
Dragon
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 512
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:31 am

Re: A Filipino's perspective on "Happier Abroad".

Postby Ginger » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:09 am

Dragon wrote:I agree. This guy's words smell like BS all around. 8 gold digging friends and no luck with women in the PH? Pants on fire bro.


Ginger wrote:Siguro naman gets mo ibig ko sabihin kuya? Sana umayos ka kesa naman magpanggap eh halata naman hindi trulaloo. Sige nga, inglisin mo to ng bonggang bonga kung keribels mo. Baka maniwala ako kung kaya mo gawin yun para sa mga pangungusap na ito.


Yes, I agree. Romney should have won the election if he had garnered more votes from the swings states by having a more moderate platform.



Natumpak mo pre! lol :P
I do not promise to be gingerly :P
Ginger
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 391
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:39 pm
Location: somewhere out there

Postby lavezzi » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:47 am

filipinas are generally much less shallow than western women. this is evident by looking at the facebook or dating profiles of filipinas compared to that of WW. they may not be indoctrinated with modern science and the like, or have an inclination to talk about those things in order to sound clever, but neither were/did the vast majority of humans in history, who were saner and had better relationships than we do now.

do you really want to have a girlfriend with whom to debate intellectual type things with? intellegent women very often have feminist type slants in their opinions and various other emotional problems, even ones from poorer countries it seems. simplicity is whats great about women. that can go too far however, as is the case with some filipinas. but wanting an overtly intellectual type of girlfriend is going too far in the other direction. somewhere in between is best.

i cant make a proper judgement about the sincerity of filipinas as i havent been to their country. but i have slowly but surely been saving enough money for a trip abroad. ill probably go to the philippines, and if i do i guarentee ill easily be able to find a great filipina. as rock suggested, on dating sites its easy to suss out who is a scammer and who isnt, unless youre very unwise.
lavezzi
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 707
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:38 pm
Location: Republic of Éire

Postby Dragon » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:04 pm

lavezzi wrote:filipinas are generally much less shallow than western women. this is evident by looking at the facebook or dating profiles of filipinas compared to that of WW. they may not be indoctrinated with modern science and the like, or have an inclination to talk about those things in order to sound clever, but neither were/did the vast majority of humans in history, who were saner and had better relationships than we do now.

do you really want to have a girlfriend with whom to debate intellectual type things with? intellegent women very often have feminist type slants in their opinions and various other emotional problems, even ones from poorer countries it seems. simplicity is whats great about women. that can go too far however, as is the case with some filipinas. but wanting an overtly intellectual type of girlfriend is going too far in the other direction. somewhere in between is best.

i cant make a proper judgement about the sincerity of filipinas as i havent been to their country. but i have slowly but surely been saving enough money for a trip abroad. ill probably go to the philippines, and if i do i guarentee ill easily be able to find a great filipina. as rock suggested, on dating sites its easy to suss out who is a scammer and who isnt, unless youre very unwise.


I get all my intellectual needs taken care of by studying hard subjects and talking to open-minded, intelligent male friends.

Men are for talking, women are for cooking. :wink:

Seriously though, I think a lot of guys aim too high thinking they won't accept anything less than super beauties with a wit to match. I think it's good enough having a kind, caring girl by your side. Hell, it's difficult even finding enough smart guys to talk to.
I am a terrible person.
Dragon
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 512
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:31 am

Re: A Filipino's perspective on "Happier Abroad".

Postby Raja » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:15 pm

Nak wrote:
I would estimate that maybe 5 percent of Filipinas are marriage material by my standards. I am going strictly by moral standards, not physical or intellectual standards because at this point I would be happy with a repugnant looking woman with the intellectual capabilities of a dog if she had a reasonable level of morality.

.
And where in the world is would more then 5 percent of any population be marriage material for any specific person once you filter out age, religion, baby daddy issues,.......?

However I do think its weird for a guy to put all of his eggs in one basket on the other side of the planet by choice
Raja
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 312
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:53 pm

Postby ladislav » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:15 pm

Kaya, ano ang sabi nya? Pilipino ba sya o kaya nagkukunwari lang?

Siguro naman gets mo ibig ko sabihin kuya? Sana umayos ka kesa naman magpanggap eh halata naman hindi trulaloo. Sige nga, inglisin mo to ng bonggang bonga kung keribels mo. Baka maniwala ako kung kaya mo gawin yun para sa mga pangungusap na ito.

You should probably understand what I am trying to say bro. You'd better get real instead of assuming. It is obvious ...it/you not fake/gay. Go ahead translate it into eloquent English if you are capable of it. Maybe I will believe you if you can do it with these sentences.

Ang problema ng mga Pinoy ay akala nila na 1950 ngayon at mayaman ang mga Kano at maginhawa ang buhay sa Estados Unidos. Di nila nagets na nagbago na ang daigdig at saka ang kayamanan ay lumipad sa Asia at Gitnang Silangan na. Ngayon nasa Ohio ako at saka maraming mahihirap dito. Mga puti ay pumuputol ng damo at nagwawalis ng daan. Pero patuloy ang ibang tao doon sa Pinas- Oh, Amerikaaano! aasawahin ko sya! Magiging mayaman ako!


Anyway, those girls who expressly look for white people or foreigners in general often have a reason to look for one. And that is to improve their lives and their family's lives. Nothing wrong with that except that they are way behind times. They think it is 1950. But the wealth is in Asia/Middle East now.
But again, many also fall in love like crazy even if they go for it for money. As a man, though, you need to read signs. Some of the first signs that the girl is not interested in you is that she does not carry on a conversation. The second one is that she does not want to walk by your side. And she looks around a lot.
Also, you need to look at yourself in the mirror and see if you are attractive enough for someone like her.

But I agree that the general education in the Philippines has fallen behind a lot. Same as in the USA. For example I have spoken with high school graduates and I asked them what country was down below- I mean every American would know that to the south if his country it was Mexico. There, they should have said- Malaysia/Indonesia but the answer was: "I don't know!" Then, I was talking to another person who was from a relatively wealthy family and we were talking about living on the upper floor of a condo and I asked her- how much cooler do you think it would be on the upper floor- and the answer was- Oh, it must be hotter because it is closer to the Sun. I mean those are just basic geography/science things.
But Filipinos were ( just like Americans were) much smarter and had a good reputation as intellectual and deep thinking people. I guess many things have changed.
Last edited by ladislav on Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3578
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:30 pm

Re: A Filipino's perspective on "Happier Abroad".

Postby OutWest » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:42 pm

Nak wrote:I found this forum purely by accident, but I found the contents within shockingly naive. I simply couldn't help but to join and give my perspective, as someone who is native to the Philippines and has lived there most of his life.

I will first say that Winston Wu is accurate about most of his criticisms about my mother country and if anything he wasn't harsh enough. Most Filipinos are just plain retarded. Most of them do not even understand very basic concepts such as condensation, moon cycles, evolution and other things that from my understanding are a part of a twelve year old's scientific understanding in most civilized nations. I can only imagine Winston's frustration trying to explain concepts to Filipinos in English that they probably wouldn't understand in Tagalog. I can no longer use Tagalog forums as my fellow countrymen are far too stupid to have an intellectual conversation with. I live in China right now and whenever a Filipino who doesn't know me attempts to talk to me, I pretend like I can't understand him, but I digress.

Without further ado, I will get to the entire point of me posting on here. Many of you describe the PI as a "dating paradise". In my experience, the Philippines is the very antithesis of this, at least for men. Most Filipinas are the epitome of dishonesty, immorality, manipulation, materialism, and selfishness. They evaluate a man's potential dating value strictly on superficial traits such as income and appearance. Intelligence, morality, and kindness are not even things they take into consideration. These are things that became obvious to me I was very young.

Knowing this, I had to wonder to myself "have these western guys even been to the Philippines?!?!". Then I read more threads and have found that some of you actually have been there. Some people seem to have a quite accurate view on Filipina women, such as the person who wrote the following:

What if I told you that the idea of Filipinas being nice and kind and believe in God to be the furthest possible thing there is from the truth? What if I told you they are the exact opposite of this inside? And that the only reason they act this way is one of desperation, one of greed like you have never in your life known greed, and entitlement beyond logic or reason.

Filipino families hoe their daughters out to a foreigners, and teach them from the time they are young on how to act, how to manipulate, in order to extract as much money from the foreigner as they possible can. They have this down to a science much the same way the French have food down to a science. You cannot imagine what level they go to in order to do this, they can lie and deceive like no other women ever could, being so sweet and kind and understanding, and loyal, and there for you 100% like no other women out there. And yet your life is going to be more miserable than you could ever begin to imagine.

First comes the easy part, you have to help take care of her family, so they want some money every month, this might be $300 or so per month, whatever you can afford and are generous enough to give. But that my dear friend is only the beginning, that is only the hook within the mouth, little did you know you are dealing with a culture of lies and deception and greed beyond anything you've ever come close to seeing before in the your western culture. And this is how it's going to go:

First comes the money every month, then comes the money for college tuition for the brother, and medical expenses for the sister, funeral expenses for dad, and a never ending whole host of other things that would take far too much time to list.

And if for some reason you won't help out on these things not only will you be cheap, not only will your wife turn on you, but they will get even nastier about it and come up with the life or death emergencies, and you'll get one after another and they will be never ending and non stop.

The whole entire reason they wanted to marry a foreigner was so that they could take care of their families, and their families leach off of them, if you are from the west you cannot imagine this kind of behavior, not even rednecks act this way.

People sometimes compare Filipinos with Mexicans, I don't think this is accurate at all. Mexicans are on a completely different level. Mexicans are good hard working people, they don't steal everything from you, they don't lie to you about everything there is, they don't try to extort money from you, they don't treat you as if you were a walking ATM, Mexicans also won't go around pretending to be your friend and smiling at you all the time, Mexicans are real people, Filipinos are not in my opinion.

And there seems to be this massive conspiracy, I think manly from the Filipino people themselves, where they will say things like "not all Filipinos are that way", or "don't you have problems in your country as well?", or "no country is perfect", etc.....


Take the USA for example, there are some people who might scam you, or rip you off, this is very true. But when they do it they will only take a certain amount of money from you and then that's it. Not so with the Filipino. They will drain you of every last cent you have and then get pissed off you don't have anymore.

If you give your Filipina $300, you might get a thank you. If you then give her $1,000, you will get no thanks. If you then give her $5,000, she will need $10,000 more. And so now she is grateful correct? No, just the exact opposite, now she needs far more money than that, and you better give it to her, otherwise you are cheap and good for nothing. She will drain every last penny you own, and do it being very kind, very sweet, very loyal, everything you ever wanted in a woman.....

She is the most dangerous women on the planet, because she has her entire family, hundreds of relatives behind her, helping her, encouraging her, and they all need things. And she, having scored herself a walking ATM is the hero of the entire family, and the more she can milk that western man the more worth she has with her family, with her entire community.


However, some here have remarkably naive views on Filipina women such as those who label it a "dating paradise". I have some very bad news for these guys. I have known 8 Filipina women who have been in relationships or marriages with western men. I have asked all of them about their motives and all of them have admitted to me that they do not love their significant other and their motives are purely financial and/or related to gaining citizenship in another country. Not too long ago I overheard a woman who is engaged to a man from France talk about how awful it is to be with such an "ugly" man and how she cannot wait until she gets citizenship so she can divorce him and take his property. This is the typical attitude Filipinas have, they show absolutely no shame or remorse for their dishonest and immoral behavior.

I would estimate that maybe 5 percent of Filipinas are marriage material by my standards. I am going strictly by moral standards, not physical or intellectual standards because at this point I would be happy with a repugnant looking woman with the intellectual capabilities of a dog if she had a reasonable level of morality.

My dating experiences are pretty much in line with many members on here who live in the west. I had to approach about 100 women just to get one of them to even give me so much as a chance to get to know them, and most of the time they would end up rejecting me anyway. I have only been in two relationships, and both of them were selfish, materialistic bitches who ended up cheating on me.

What I do not get is why you all hate western women so much. I lived in America for 6 months and from what I saw, American women are more genuine, intelligent, and less materialistic when compared to Filipina women. Heck, most of them were smarter than the average Filipino. America certainly has a lot of problems and it is far from a "dating paradise" but I was at least able to get an FWB with an older woman. She was no beauty queen and could probably afford to lose 50kg, but I did not have to spend a cent on her besides the occasional dinner.

I will close with saying, if a Filipina is being nice to a man, it is only because she wants something from him. 95 percent of them are manipulative sociopaths and it is shocking to me that some western men are unable to see beyond their false personas when even most stupid Filipinos can sense the gold digger within them right away.



What part of the Philippines do you come from? North or south? Perhaps it would be a bit more clear if you expressed these thoughts in Either Tagalog or Visayan. Frankly, your expressions and sentence structure are those of a native English speaker.
You sound like one of those American fools who with almost no insight at all, goes to the Philippines, and flashes cash to act like a BTO
and then is so shocked when he attracts only gold diggers on his tour(Sex tour). Such fools are legion, and are usually getting about what they deserve.


Outwest


Outwest
OutWest
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2060
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:09 am
Location: Asia/USA

Postby Ginger » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:20 pm

ladislav wrote:Kaya, ano ang sabi nya? Pilipino ba sya o kaya nagkukunwari lang?

Siguro naman gets mo ibig ko sabihin kuya? Sana umayos ka kesa naman magpanggap eh halata naman hindi trulaloo. Sige nga, inglisin mo to ng bonggang bonga kung keribels mo. Baka maniwala ako kung kaya mo gawin yun para sa mga pangungusap na ito.

You should probably understand what I am trying to say bro. You'd better get real instead of assuming. It is obvious ...it/you not fake/gay. Go ahead translate it into eloquent English if you are capable of it. Maybe I will believe you if you can do it with these sentences.



You shouldn't have done that.

Now it's all gonna be nonsense and he can go on with his pretenses. Really Lad, ang epal huh! :P GRRRRR
Last edited by Ginger on Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I do not promise to be gingerly :P
Ginger
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 391
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:39 pm
Location: somewhere out there

Postby Johnny1975 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:22 pm

I have a simple rule, which is, assume nothing. Never make an assumption. Go where the evidence leads. Use discernment.

Filipinas strike me as too good to be true. But it's a different culture, so maybe everything is as it seems but it's just alien to westerners. But people are people everywhere, and whether it's feminism or something else, there's always some cultural thing that causes problems.

The main positive things about filipinas that I've noticed are that they're very approachable, open and friendly. Intellectually, some are ok, but more often than not, they seem limited. Either that, or they simply just don't really have a lot to say. But either way, it's not good, not for me anyway.

I'm sure it was Winston who said that those filipinas that are more intellectual also tend to turn into smartasses who think they're more bright than they really are, and I've experienced it myself, but only once so far. By the way all my interactions with them have been on dating sites, but that doesn't mean you can't get a glimpse into someone's personality.

These are generalisations, but generalisations are necessary in order to get a general picture of a culture. Of course there are exceptions but you can't base your decisions on exceptions. If that was the case, there would be no need for this forum, as everyone would be holding out for a good western girl with fingers crossed.

If the OP is genuine (and I have absolutely no reason to disbelieve him), then his words should be taken very seriously. And I'm very surprised at Ginger's cynical response. If I was a filipina, and if there was any truth in the OP's words, I'd want to get on side and defend the decent filipinas by saying yes, it's true, there are good ones and very bad ones. I certainly wouldn't just oppose everything that they said in such a sweeping manner, as if there was no truth at all to it. Maybe he's just very unlucky, but, speaking for myself, as someone who is still trying to figure them out, I welcome all opinions. You have to hear everyone out, and form a picture. Again, I don't see why the OP would lie.

It doesn't at all seem implausible for the OP to be correct, based purely on logic. If something seems too good to be true, you have to be skeptical, and by that I just mean discerning. Then again, filipinas don't strike me as being that intellectual (they also seem to lack other qualities), so maybe they're genuine but also lack certain things. I hope that's the case. But the OP's words, if sincere, should be taken seriously. And that stands even if the OP is a troll. Which so far there's no evidence for, but it doesn't matter anyway.



Another thing. As Winston says, filipinas are a very refreshing change from western females, for various reasons. But that alone isn't good enough. Being given the time of day can feel so good that it makes you blind to (possibly major) flaws. A lot of guys are so sick of western females that it creates a dangerous situation where they could sleepwalk into a whole new brand of hell that looks different to the old one. Again, assume nothing, be open to all possibilities.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1327
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:07 pm

Postby Ginger » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:36 pm

Johnny1975 wrote:I have a simple rule, which is, assume nothing. Never make an assumption. Go where the evidence leads. Use discernment.

Filipinas strike me as too good to be true. But it's a different culture, so maybe everything is as it seems but it's just alien to westerners. But people are people everywhere, and whether it's feminism or something else, there's always some cultural thing that causes problems.

The main positive things about filipinas that I've noticed are that they're very approachable, open and friendly. Intellectually, some are ok, but more often than not, they seem limited. Either that, or they simply just don't really have a lot to say. But either way, it's not good, not for me anyway.

I'm sure it was Winston who said that those filipinas that are more intellectual also tend to turn into smartasses who think they're more bright than they really are, and I've experienced it myself, but only once so far. By the way all my interactions with them have been on dating sites, but that doesn't mean you can't get a glimpse into someone's personality.

These are generalisations, but generalisations are necessary in order to get a general picture of a culture. Of course there are exceptions but you can't base your decisions on exceptions. If that was the case, there would be no need for this forum, as everyone would be holding out for a good western girl with fingers crossed.

If the OP is genuine (and I have absolutely no reason to disbelieve him), then his words should be taken very seriously. And I'm very surprised at Ginger's cynical response. If I was a filipina, and if there was any truth in the OP's words, I'd want to get on side and defend the decent filipinas by saying yes, it's true, there are good ones and very bad ones. I certainly wouldn't just oppose everything that they said in such a sweeping manner, as if there was no truth at all to it. Maybe he's just very unlucky, but, speaking for myself, as someone who is still trying to figure them out, I welcome all opinions. You have to hear everyone out, and form a picture. Again, I don't see why the OP would lie.


It doesn't at all seem implausible for the OP to be correct, based purely on logic. If something seems too good to be true, you have to be skeptical, and by that I just mean discerning. Then again, filipinas don't strike me as being that intellectual (they also seem to lack other qualities), so maybe they're genuine but also lack certain things. I hope that's the case. But the OP's words, if sincere, should be taken seriously. And that stands even if the OP is a troll. Which so far there's no evidence for, but it doesn't matter anyway.



It would help if only you will read what other posters have said regarding his authenticity and why is it such a red screaming flag.

You may label me as a 'smartass' and whatever else, but do please read what other male forumers who have spent 5-20 years in the Philippines got to say. So much for you pointing out my 'cynical' response and 'sweeping generalization'.

Good luck with the picture you form out of being at dating sites and reading OP's post.

PS edit: For the record, I'm not saying pinays are angels, I'm saying I'm questioning the OP's authenticity as a pinoy, and subsequently the truth behind his claims.

You saying I opposed everything the OP said is invalid and therefore you are putting words in my mouth. Please re-read what I originally said before (and read, and read, and read again). Thanks!
Last edited by Ginger on Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I do not promise to be gingerly :P
Ginger
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 391
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:39 pm
Location: somewhere out there

Next

Return to Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests