Why I envy Thai men

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Voice of Reason
Junior Poster

Why I envy Thai men

Post by Voice of Reason »

I walk in malls in Thailand and I see Thai girls with their boyfriend (and hell, their is a lot of them) and the thing I noticed is that many of the guys are just AVERAGE looking guys, and they have beautiful women.

This highlights a stark contrast between western women and Thai women, in that Thai women don't have impossible expectations of their men.

- Thai women don't expect their men to be over 6'0 tall like WW do
- Thai women don't expect their men to have an unnaturally ripped body, like WW do

A Thai man working a normal job can easily find a nice attractive woman to bond with. I have seen it all the time...hotel workers, people who work on the buses, restaurant workers. Everywhere.

Thai women may expect their men to be smooth talkers or something like that…but Thai men have not had their confidence damaged by their women like men have in the west. Thai men in general looked more relaxed around Thai women.

THE FLIPSIDE - You never see good looking Thai women in the arms of scumbag rubbish men either. It is just NORMAL guys they are with.

Contrast this to the west and you see women with rubbish men everywhere.

The west is impossible when it comes to relationships. Their is no redemption.

HOW GREAT WOULD IT BE TO LIVE IN A SOCIETY WHERE WOMEN DID NOT HAVE SUCH INSUFFERABLE ATTITUDES LIKE WESTERN WOMEN DO?
Last edited by Voice of Reason on December 17th, 2012, 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

American men also have unreasonable expectations of women's looks. Just look at some of the posts in this forum, and that nonsense 1-10 rating system used on women. I would get lampooned whenever I would seem to have lower "standards" than the rest of the guys here. Well I do have "standards" too, but all that's enough is for someone to be decent enough on the inside, and not have a trashy attitude.

Now contrast that with what I've seen in Mexico. Even the poorest guys have girlfriends and wives if they are at least functional, decent, and hard-working guys. It's exactly the same as what you've seen in Thailand.

Also, Mexican guys will take just about any walking female. Being too picky and trying to rate everyone on a 1-10 scale will pretty much make you gay. :P
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

If Thai men are lucky how come they are expected to pay dowry to the family of the girl?
Isnt that act putting woman on pedastel from the start, no wonder so many turn pro as society puts monetary value on p***y and it explains why Thai women dont think of themselves as hoes when they charge for sex
Perception is women = value,
i dont buy into thing Thai women angels, thai men bad,Always 'boxing' women...

theres nothing to envy thai men, they are paying for it, when she stops payin she ends up whoring herself, guilt free..

some Thai women friends told me to stay away from thai women as they will dry your wallet fast,

forget about going to thailand thinking their women have sex for fun like AW do, its either p4p od some kind or they are relationship material, again you pay family..exceptions here and there

I like cultures where women is expected to pay dowry , its more healthier and makes men feel valuable as opposed to thai culture
Voice of Reason
Junior Poster

Banano wrote:If Thai men are lucky how come they are expected to pay dowry to the family of the girl?
Isnt that act putting woman on pedastel from the start, no wonder so many turn pro as society puts monetary value on p***y and it explains why Thai women dont think of themselves as hoes when they charge for sex

theres nothing to envy thai men, they are paying for it, when she stops payin she ends up whoring herself, guilt free..

some Thai women friends told me to stay away from thai women as they will dry your wallet fast,

forget about going to thailand thinking their women have sex for fun like AW do, its either p4p od some kind or they are relationship material, again you pay family..exceptions here and there

I like cultures where women is expected to pay dowry , its more healthier and makes men feel valuable as opposed to thai culture
The concept of a dowry in Thailand is just a scam for the families to make money off foreigners.

It's true that Thailand values the p***y, but at least the p***y is expected to bring something to the table. Women can't just be overweight in Thailand and expect a free ride, like their western counterparts.

Thailand also isn't filled with feminist scumbags.

There are MANY Thai women who would make decent partners, and not just drain your wallet. Unfortunately, they always go for Thai men.

It is not Thai men that have to pay for women. It is us foreigners..what we are left with is leftovers.

That is why I envy Thai men...their women don't treat them like garbage.
Voice of Reason
Junior Poster

Falcon wrote:American men also have unreasonable expectations of women's looks. Just look at some of the posts in this forum, and that nonsense 1-10 rating system used on women. I would get lampooned whenever I would seem to have lower "standards" than the rest of the guys here. Well I do have "standards" too, but all that's enough is for someone to be decent enough on the inside, and not have a trashy attitude.

Now contrast that with what I've seen in Mexico. Even the poorest guys have girlfriends and wives if they are at least functional, decent, and hard-working guys. It's exactly the same as what you've seen in Thailand.

Also, Mexican guys will take just about any walking female. Being too picky and trying to rate everyone on a 1-10 scale will pretty much make you gay. :P
I fully agree that men on this board have high standards. I ranted about this some time ago, and I think you did as well. Many times there have been pictures posted of women who have nothing wrong with them, but people on this board comment that they are ugly, or that their hips are too small, or their breasts are too small, or their breasts are too big in proportion to the rest of the body..or something else stupid like that.

It seems that Mexico is similar to Thailand in that a functional male is able to find a girlfriend. The only difference in Thailand is that Thai men don't "take just about any walking female". They seem to hold women to higher standards. That's why it seems to be easy for a man to find a girlfriend in Thailand if he "lowers his standards". It definitely works for me!

But having said all this, in the west, even "lowering your standards" doesn't help in finding a girlfriend. Even low quality women will not want to have anything to do with you.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

It's pretty easy to find a gf in China as well.

I've only dated one girl who could have been considered a gold digger - most have been pretty frugal. A couple had more money than me so they were definitely not interested in my money.

As for looks well there is a load of nonsense talked on this forum about 10's and the like... fact is that most Western guys settle for a 6 or 7. The reason? They're often immensely good in the bedroom, and they're less likely to run off with another man.

Chinese men seem to have high standards - I saw loads of couples getting their wedding photos done and the women are all very hot. Although they were the Chinese definition of hot, i.e. stick thin skeletons.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

i also don´t buy into that. many people specially in the south look happy but it´s all about face. i read recently on stickman that in most thai hotels the guest will be stopped before the check out to control the mini bar as it´s usual that thai people take things out but never declare it at the reception.

how do you want do live with a girl who is permanently lying about everything.

anywhere it´s like saying people have nice cars in germany than this land must be paradies....but not quite so....

besides i have an thai homie in germany who is not able to hold a chick. though he is good at pick up. but he is very afraid of thailand. he says guys there always wants to beat him. thinks are always different than it looks. on the other hand what do i know :)
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

Banano wrote:If Thai men are lucky how come they are expected to pay dowry to the family of the girl?

I'm not sure if it happens in every case, but it's a Thai custom, and the custom means that the man pays money to the family of the bride as a token of appreciation for raising a good girl.

In this context, I think it's a great idea. You figure, a couple groomed their daughter to be a good wife just for you, so the least you could do is give the family money/gifts as a token of appreciation for instilling values (that takes years) that you want/need in a wife.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Re: Why I envy Thai men

Voice of Reason wrote:I walk in malls in Thailand and I see Thai girls with their boyfriend (and hell, their is a lot of them) and the thing I noticed is that many of the guys are just AVERAGE looking guys, and they have beautiful women.

This highlights a stark contrast between western women and Thai women, in that Thai women don't have impossible expectations of their men.

- Thai women don't expect their men to be over 6'0 tall like WW do
- Thai women don't expect their men to have an unnaturally ripped body, like WW do

A Thai man working a normal job can easily find a nice attractive woman to bond with. I have seen it all the time...hotel workers, people who work on the buses, restaurant workers. Everywhere.

Thai women may expect their men to be smooth talkers or something like that…but Thai men have not had their confidence damaged by their women like men have in the west. Thai men in general looked more relaxed around Thai women.

THE FLIPSIDE - You never see good looking Thai women in the arms of scumbag rubbish men either. It is just NORMAL guys they are with.

Contrast this to the west and you see women with rubbish men everywhere.

The west is impossible when it comes to relationships. Their is no redemption.

HOW GREAT WOULD IT BE TO LIVE IN A SOCIETY WHERE WOMEN DID NOT HAVE SUCH INSUFFERABLE ATTITUDES LIKE WESTERN WOMEN DO?
Thai malls are awesome and way better then American malls... Terminal 21 is my fave...

Anyhow, when I was in Thailand, what I realized is that the average Thai man could get sex/female companionship practically any time they wanted. Thai men not only had gf's, but there are Thai bars/massage joints that cater to just Thai men with cheaper prices then Nana/Soi cowboy. And mind you, many of these Thai guys are also having sex with ladyboys too, so that's a whole different sideshow.

I'm just thoroughly convinced that the average poor Thai man has much more of a social/sex life then the average American man with all his money and so called "freedom".
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Falcon wrote:Now contrast that with what I've seen in Mexico. Even the poorest guys have girlfriends and wives if they are at least functional, decent, and hard-working guys. It's exactly the same as what you've seen in Thailand.

Yes, exactly. You know why this is so? It's because in America, a man has to buy a woman's love/affection where as in poor countries women still NEED men because they can't support themselves to the level as their American counterparts.

In other words, because American women can earn enough money to buy their own house, a nice 30k car, and have money left over for a vacation, well, that right there puts American women in a position of such independence where they simply don't need a man unless he comes to the table with the same amount of resources she has, or he offers her something she doesn't have.

This is the reason why American women currently gravitate toward either thugs, or, obviously, Mr. Millionaire. The thug brings her excitement and danger that she does not get out of her boring day to day life (even though the guy is jail bound or could never get a good job due to his background), and the millionaire satisfies her hypergamous nature.

Anyhow, give those Mexican girls a house and 40k a year salary they would grow to be just as hypergamous as western women.
Voice of Reason
Junior Poster

NorthAmericanguy wrote:

I'm not sure if it happens in every case, but it's a Thai custom, and the custom means that the man pays money to the family of the bride as a token of appreciation for raising a good girl.

In this context, I think it's a great idea. You figure, a couple groomed their daughter to be a good wife just for you, so the least you could do is give the family money/gifts as a token of appreciation for instilling values (that takes years) that you want/need in a wife.
Paying a dowry for a good girl is far better than paying alimony to a WW!
anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

Post by anamericaninbangkok »

Voice of Reason wrote:

The concept of a dowry in Thailand is just a scam for the families to make money off foreigners.

It's true that Thailand values the p***y, but at least the p***y is expected to bring something to the table. Women can't just be overweight in Thailand and expect a free ride, like their western counterparts.

There are MANY Thai women who would make decent partners, and not just drain your wallet. Unfortunately, they always go for Thai men.

It is not Thai men that have to pay for women. It is us foreigners..what we are left with is leftovers.

Some of what you write I do not agree with. I've lived here in Thailand for 17 years. I probably slept with more women in one month than most men have slept with in five lives, both working girls and regular women, not to mention the ones I slept with in the US. I've been married to a Thai women 14 years younger than me (50-36), and we have two children together. She has a good job by Thai standards, works hard, and is definitely not your stereotypical Thai wife that marries a foreigner. Also, she's not from Isaan, she's from the South of Thailand, and the women from these two regions tend to be as different as night and day.

Thai women who work in bars, go-gos, and massage parlors definitely think of themselves as "bad girls" because they're So-pay-nee or Ka-ri which means they are prostitutes. However, what Thais do not do is continually badger, harass, or downgrade a woman publicly simply because they're making their living as a hooker. Behind closed doors is a different story though.

Thai women in general are less judgmental than western women, thus, they think they're good women even if they did suck 2 guys c*cks on a drunken bender. However, the whole, "I don't like Thai men, they bad, always drink, they're lazy, they beat me," is horseshit. Yea, right, what about all the Thai men who are happily married? Bar girls tend to be uneducated and while some might be decent women, by the time they're put through the wringer they have no coping or social skills. If a foreigner goes to Thailand, hooks up with a girl with a 6th grade education who has been hooking for two years, what does he expect to get? A chick who's going to run a Fortune 500 company?

Make no mistake, every man pays in one way or another. I'ts a matter of are you required to fork over the money immediately prior or after sex or are you on a different plan.

You are right, most Thai women are not going to hop into bed with you on the first day. Decent Thai women want the same thing as most women want - security, a decent home to call their own, kids, a stable future, etc. I have been with numerous Thai women who didn't want my money, who paid for me, and who wouldn't dream of making their man pay for sex. So there are good ones out there.

My wife worked in a restaurant as a cashier when I met here. She was never a hooker, she graduated university, and her family is middle-class. I paid no dowry, give her absolutely no allowance, she gives money to her family only on the rarest occasions, and while we have our ups and downs, we have a good relationship and care about one another. In the past, when I was earning more money, I gave her money for bills, groceries, etc., with a little extra. That was it. Now I pay bills that we agreed I pay and she pays bills she agrees to pay.

Dowry's in Thailand are hardly a scam, however, depending on the family foreigners may end up paying more than they should. My girl had never been married, never had a boyfriend, and was a university student. I was very lucky because when I hooked up with her I had very little cash. She talked to her mother and her mother basically said if you love him, there is no need for a dowry, I just want you to be happy. Where guys get into trouble is when they hook up with some bar girl or freelancer and get conned into shelling out $10K. The girl's isn't a virgin or has only been with one man, she's uneducated, and has a kid and they're shelling out ridiculous money? For what? No Thai would pay that. This is the only problem I have with the dowry, especially since decent families give a high percentage of it back to the bride.

Thailand definitely isn't filled with feminist scumbags, at least not Thai ones. Foreign feminists try and weasel their way in but so far have been unsuccessful that I can see. However, recently a chick named Adria Richards caused a huge stir when a couple of IT guys talked about their "dongles." Completely ridiculous where this chick took the matter. I asked my wife what she would do and she said, "Either nothing, or I'd ask them to shut up."

xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Great insight anamericaninbangkok!

I laughed my ass off when I read that dongle thing. One of the teachers where I'm studying in China is an outrageous flirt, and she has used her total power over men to make them fluent in Chinese!

My own teacher makes jokes about Dongguan girls. It's hard to imagine that happening in the USA's P.C. classroom of today.

Everyday Asian girls are great, many aren't that interested in money and shopping. As long as you have enough money for food then they're happy.

There are a few feminist foreign girls here in Guangzhou, and they often ruin the expat forum I use quite a bit. Of course no expats are interested in dating them because expats have the double delights of millions of Chinese babes AND tens of thousands of 6 feet tall Russian beauties here!
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

anamericaninbangkok wrote:
Voice of Reason wrote:

Some of what you write I do not agree with. I've lived here in Thailand for 17 years. I probably slept with more women in one month than most men have slept with in five lives, both working girls and regular women, not to mention the ones I slept with in the US. I've been married to a Thai women 14 years younger than me (50-36), and we have two children together. She has a good job by Thai standards, works hard, and is definitely not your stereotypical Thai wife that marries a foreigner. Also, she's not from Isaan, she's from the South of Thailand, and the women from these two regions tend to be as different as night and day.

Thai women who work in bars, go-gos, and massage parlors definitely think of themselves as "bad girls" because they're So-pay-nee or Ka-ri which means they are hoes. However, what Thais do not do is continually badger, harass, or downgrade a woman publicly simply because they're making their living as a hooker. Behind closed doors is a different story though.

Thai women in general are less judgmental than western women, thus, they think they're good women even if they did suck 2 guys c*cks on a drunken bender. However, the whole, "I don't like Thai men, they bad, always drink, they're lazy, they beat me," is horseshit. Yea, right, what about all the Thai men who are happily married? Bar girls tend to be uneducated and while some might be decent women, by the time they're put through the wringer they have no coping or social skills. If a foreigner goes to Thailand, hooks up with a girl with a 6th grade education who has been hooking for two years, what does he expect to get? A chick who's going to run a Fortune 500 company?

Make no mistake, every man pays in one way or another. I'ts a matter of are you required to fork over the money immediately prior or after sex or are you on a different plan.

You are right, most Thai women are not going to hop into bed with you on the first day. Decent Thai women want the same thing as most women want - security, a decent home to call their own, kids, a stable future, etc. I have been with numerous Thai women who didn't want my money, who paid for me, and who wouldn't dream of making their man pay for sex. So there are good ones out there.

My wife worked in a restaurant as a cashier when I met here. She was never a hooker, she graduated university, and her family is middle-class. I paid no dowry, give her absolutely no allowance, she gives money to her family only on the rarest occasions, and while we have our ups and downs, we have a good relationship and care about one another. In the past, when I was earning more money, I gave her money for bills, groceries, etc., with a little extra. That was it. Now I pay bills that we agreed I pay and she pays bills she agrees to pay.

Dowry's in Thailand are hardly a scam, however, depending on the family foreigners may end up paying more than they should. My girl had never been married, never had a boyfriend, and was a university student. I was very lucky because when I hooked up with her I had very little cash. She talked to her mother and her mother basically said if you love him, there is no need for a dowry, I just want you to be happy. Where guys get into trouble is when they hook up with some bar girl or freelancer and get conned into shelling out $10K. The girl's isn't a virgin or has only been with one man, she's uneducated, and has a kid and they're shelling out ridiculous money? For what? No Thai would pay that. This is the only problem I have with the dowry, especially since decent families give a high percentage of it back to the bride.

Thailand definitely isn't filled with feminist scumbags, at least not Thai ones. Foreign feminists try and weasel their way in but so far have been unsuccessful that I can see. However, recently a chick named Adria Richards caused a huge stir when a couple of IT guys talked about their "dongles." Completely ridiculous where this chick took the matter. I asked my wife what she would do and she said, "Either nothing, or I'd ask them to shut up."

This part is the best. Idiots going to Asian and falling for bar/KTV/Massage Parlor rats/skanks/rejects and their lies, is like falling in love with a stripper in the US. If foreigners would stop doing dumb shit like that, it would stop completely. Supply and demand..... You never see the locals trying to gal/marry those broads, nor should we. It's very simple really.
anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

Post by anamericaninbangkok »

Think about it in the harshest terms possible:

If you are even remotely educated, do you really want to get married to a girl with little to no education?

Okay, let's say even though she is uneducated, you'll give it a go. After all, it's probably not her fault so you can't hold it against her. The girl needs to be motivated to learn though, IMO. If she's not, you're relegated to being a sponsor. You will always need to support her because other than laying on her back she has no marketable skills. So if you're gone, who is going to take care of her? What about if you have children together? She absolutely must be capable of fending for herself.

Working girls can be your friends (not close however), sex buddy, whatever but the golden rule remains true no matter what the country:

DO NOT get emotionally involved with a working girl. Period.

Of course, every guy thinks "his girl is different," which is where the problems start.