Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Winston's take on Taiwanese people

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Winston's take on Taiwanese people

Postby hahahaha69 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:38 pm

To Winston

Your silly little comment page wouldn't let me write this (apparently it's got inappropriate language, which is funny as you seem to encourage open speech and I used not one 'swear' word)

Your article on Taiwan women and people in general was very well written and in a way accurate, but only for a person who's experienced female rejection.

Unfortunately, your views are bitter and one sided due to your ethnicity (you even mention yourself that you must be Taiwanese or White to stand a chance). I'm British and although the women can seem up tight in public, If you act like a normal guy and actually bother to get to know them you will see a whole different story. People like you who feel hard done by really bore me. Just moaning and bitching because you think normal, well brought up girls should throw themselves at you, hahaha mate, get a grip. It was also amusing to read that the majority of negative comments supporting your article had indeed been posted by............. Asians or "American Citizens" with really bad English hmmmmmmmm, certainly a pattern there. I'm not amazing looking, but I keep in good shape and I'm not socially autistic, thus providing no problems at all conversing with the local Taiwanese people.

Chill out dude,and for a more neutral view you should read 'Westerners are rock stars?" at www.travellingidiot.com

Laters taters
hahahaha69
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:12 pm

Postby Johnny1975 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:58 pm

As soon as I saw that username, I knew how it was going to go.

f**k off haha69.
***** Join my forum for entrepreneurs and aspiring entrepreneurs : *****

http://inspiredentrepreneur.forumotion.com/

And while you're at it...

*** Buy my motherf***ing book NOW!!!!! *** -----> http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K5ZHTCW

DO IT!
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1328
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:07 pm

Postby zboy1 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:43 pm

The problem with Winston is that he doesn't seem to be interested in finding a women for a real relationship; instead, he's only interested in getting laid. Most women can sense men like that for the most part and will avoid them like the plague, unless their trashy Western women or a small percentage of foreign women. If he really wanted to find a women to marry--and was authentic about it--Taiwanese women would be more receptive to him. But he's not and only looking for nooky, so maybe they find him creepy as a result. Or, he could be right that Taiwanese women are just not friendly enough and are simply not attracted to him?
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4445
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:33 am

Re: Winston's take on Taiwanese people

Postby Ambition » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:55 pm

hahahaha69 wrote:To Winston,

Your silly little comment page wouldn't let me write this (apparently it's got inappropriate language, which is funny as you seem to encourage open speech and I used not one 'swear' word).

Your article on Taiwan women and people in general was very well written and in a way accurate, but only for a person who's experienced female rejection.

Unfortunately, your views are bitter and one sided due to your ethnicity (you even mention yourself that you must be Taiwanese or White to stand a chance). I'm British and although the women can seem up tight in public, If you act like a normal guy and actually bother to get to know them you will see a whole different story. People like you who feel hard done by really bore me. Just moaning and bitching because you think normal, well brought up girls should throw themselves at you, hahaha mate, get a grip. It was also amusing to read that the majority of negative comments supporting your article had indeed been posted by Asians or "American Citizens" with really bad English -- hmmmmmmmm, certainly a pattern there. I'm not amazing looking, but I keep in good shape and I'm not socially autistic, thus providing no problems at all conversing with the local Taiwanese people.

Chill out dude -- and for a more neutral view you should read "Westerners are rock stars?" at www.travellingidiot.com

Laters taters

+Over Nine-Thousaaaaaaaaaaaaand! THIS! This right here! This is exactly what I think regarding his situation. He's one of those "good things should come easily" types. His rockstar effect died in Russia; now Russia isn't apart of his ultimate world. Philippines? Same thing. Now Taiwan. I've seen the videos. Yes, girls from other countries are more opening to male-female interactions, but that doesn't mean a guy should be creepy and try touching them EVERY SINGLE MOMENT of EVERY DAY. That's why this place makes me feel good about myself. Because, unlike 99% of the community, I'm willing to work for things.

Best post I've read, dare I say, ever?! Kudos to you, sir. Kudos to you.
Ambition
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:50 am

Postby hahahaha69 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:50 pm

Johnny1975 wrote:As soon as I saw that username, I knew how it was going to go.

f**k off haha69.



Oh dear, looks like a raw nerve has been touched. By saying you knew where it was going to go, what did you mean? If you read my post, it is level headed and makes no reference to anything YOU think 69 might mean.

Thanks for the constructive message - must of took you ages to think of that. Apologies for perhaps bringing home the truth to you.
hahahaha69
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:12 pm

Re: Winston's take on Taiwanese people

Postby hahahaha69 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:56 pm

+Over Nine-Thousaaaaaaaaaaaaand! THIS! This right here! This is exactly what I think regarding his situation. He's one of those "good things should come easily" types. His rockstar effect died in Russia; now Russia isn't apart of his ultimate world. Philippines? Same thing. Now Taiwan. I've seen the videos. Yes, girls from other countries are more opening to male-female interactions, but that doesn't mean a guy should be creepy and try touching them EVERY SINGLE MOMENT of EVERY DAY. That's why this place makes me feel good about myself. Because, unlike 99% of the community, I'm willing to work for things.

Best post I've read, dare I say, ever?! Kudos to you, sir. Kudos to you.



I'm with you. Having lived abroad for most my life, I think Taiwan is cool and if your a decent and NORMAL guy, life is simple.

I don't think Johnny1975 will be visiting Taiwan anytime soon - he seems to agree with Winston. No loss, he seems a bit boring and lacks creativity; referring to the awesome username 'Johnny1975' zzzzzzzzzzzz
hahahaha69
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:12 pm

Postby hahahaha69 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:58 pm

Johnny1975 wrote:As soon as I saw that username, I knew how it was going to go.

f**k off haha69.



Which username? you seem to be talking about a different one......... or maybe just telling haha69 to f**k off. phew, glad I'm hahahaha69
hahahaha69
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:12 pm

Postby Johnny1975 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:45 pm

hahahaha69 wrote:
Johnny1975 wrote:As soon as I saw that username, I knew how it was going to go.

f**k off haha69.



Oh dear, looks like a raw nerve has been touched. By saying you knew where it was going to go, what did you mean? If you read my post, it is level headed and makes no reference to anything YOU think 69 might mean.

Thanks for the constructive message - must of took you ages to think of that. Apologies for perhaps bringing home the truth to you.


You're damn right you hit a raw nerve. I think I speak for all of us when I say that we have a lot of issues and hangups. We lack confidence and we don't know how to talk to women. Most of us are gay anyway. So lay off!
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1328
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:07 pm

Postby Winston » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:28 am

hahaha,
If a country in Asia is only friendly to whites but not to other Asians, then it sucks, plain and simple. What kind of country is unfriendly toward members of their own race? That's stupid and messed up.

If the US was only friendly to non-whites but not friendly to white guys, what would you think of that?

Your explanation that Taiwan girls are unfriendly and cold because they can sense that I'm not looking for a serious relationship is stupid and doesn't make sense. If I told you that American women were normal and that they were paranoid, picky, stuck up and unapproachable because you guys are creeps and players, would you buy that? Or would you say that's bull?

Further, this doesn't explain why I send out sincere letters to girls in Taiwan, which women usually like if it weren't for my photos, and yet get no responses, or only polite "hi"s back with no offer to meet up. My letter doesn't indicate that I'm a player anywhere.

I don't know if I told you this already, but here is an interesting revelation. At a supermarket in Chiayi, there's this older woman that works there that I talk to. One day I asked her: "How come no one talks to strangers here except middle aged and elderly people? How come girls here have a cold wall and ice shield around them? And how come no websites talk about this except mine?" Her reply was: "We are taught by our parents not to talk to strangers. When I was a young girl, I didn't talk to strangers either."

So you see, she admitted that Taiwanese are taught not to talk to strangers. How does that make them any better than in America, esp since they consider Americans to be more open than they are?! What's the point of going to Taiwan, if you can't befriend local people and only other foreigners?

Someone told me that all his foreigner friends in Taiwan only befriend other foreigners, and maybe westernized Taiwanese (but those are rare because they tend to leave Taiwan). So what's the point of going to a country if the locals aren't going to befriend you?

This proves yet again that Repatriate and Jacare were bullshitting and lying when they said that the cold wall was all about my looks. They are such scumbags. This is about THEM, not me. In other countries, it is easier to start conversations with strangers. There is no cold wall. And it doesn't feel illegal and criminal to talk to girls.

The lady at the supermarket didn't say that Taiwanese girls are cold because I'm not attractive. She said that they are taught not to talk to strangers. So we have some bullshitters even on this forum.

My Taiwanese American uncle, who is a wealthy retired Lockheed engineer who can figure out any calculus problem within moments, even said that Taiwanese aren't open with strangers and implied that they are LESS open than Americans are. Here is what he wrote to me when I sent him my complaints about Taiwan:

Winston,
It nice seeing you last October in Chiayi.
Let me try to say few words.
1. First there is a complete cultural difference between Taiwan and the US. In Taiwan people just don't greet
strangers, especially girls don't respond to boys unless they know each other. It has nothing to do friendly or not.
2. Like your parents, we grew up in a difficult time. When you say "enjoy life", it has different meanings to us.
Although we all could afford "better" life, but it's hard to change life style for most people. For some people, they like to have entertainment all the time, for others they just like to spend quiet time themselves. So "enjoy" has nothing specific, just respect others when you see things different.
3. Chiayi is a nice mid-size city. Your parents' home there has very nice retirement setting although it needs a car to get in and out. I went to school there for six years.
Try to look things from a positive prospective, then you will be happier.
Hope this helps.
uncle chen


Notice that he implies that Taiwanese are LESS open than Americans are, because they don't smile or chat with strangers. WTF? What does that tell you?! Isn't that in direct contradiction to Rock's claim that Taiwanese are more open and friendly than Americans are?

Btw, I do notice that Taiwanese are friendlier when they are outside of Taiwan. Why is that? I also notice that once they become Americanized, they are friendlier too. WTF? What does that tell you?! Doesn't that go against what you've all said and observed about Americans? Isn't that in direct contradiction to what Rock claims? WTF?

Finally, being white can be lonely in Taiwan too. Look what Sean, a white guy who works for a law firm in Taipei, admitted to me:

"ya, this is kind of the way Taiwan is. or, i should say Chinese society and probably east asian society (i.e., korea, japan, china). i've actually tried to explain it too. chinese are very very nice and helpful if they know you personally. if you are a friend, they will really bend over backwards to be nice and helpful. but, for people they dont know, there really is zero connection. the reason i know that is because if you go in an elevator, you will see lots of girls fixing their makeup or their hair in the mirror with lots of other people in the elevator. they have zero self-consciousness about the other people in the elevator because they dont know them and its like they dont exist. for us, we would not be able to do that just because we would still feel their presence. but, for chinese, they dont know these people, therefore its like the dont exist.

you're right. it's tough. and it's one of the difficult things that ive had to deal with living in taiwan. and maybe why i like going to phil so often.

actually, i was just reading an article that a guy wrote in Japan that sounds very similar to experiences in Taiwan. you should check it out.

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/text/fl2012 ... E.facebook "


He later confessed that he too felt that Taiwan was lonely and isolating:

"yes, it does feel very isolated and lonely here. sometimes i walk by restaurants and see large groups of chinese having dinner after work and know that i will likely never be invited to those kinds of gatherings. i've even tried to invite myself along to events like that, but i usually get, "i'll see if my other friends are ok with it", which usually means no.

sure, i guess u can post what u wrote last time. as long as i can see the video u are talking about haha"


Later on, he confessed that I was right about the cold wall that Taiwanese girls project, and that he probably would have done better with women in any other country:

"I didnt realize there were so many hot and international women in such a small town as Chia-yi haha

but, you know, i think i might be starting to believe you. dont get me wrong, as a white guy in Taiwan, I've done ok with the ladies. But, most of those have taken some work, and certainly, at the beginning, most of those women were cold and standoffish like you mentioned. But, after considering they way u describe it, i think my success with women here (what little i've had) is probably inspite of the situation here, not because of it. Not to toot my own horn, but I'm a single middle-aged guy, ok looking, not overweight, have a respectable job, dress well, speak fluent Chinese, i'm even a private pilot for goodness sake. in any other country, i would probably be getting way more women than i am here. it's just so hard to get past that cold wall they all have.....maybe that's why i find myself spending more and more time in the Philippines...."


So you see, it's not as easy for most people as you think, even for white guys. So just because Sean is white, doesn't mean that the traits I describe about Taiwanese girls are not true. He even admitted above that they all have a "cold wall".
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23617
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby jboy » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:06 pm

Johnny1975 wrote:
hahahaha69 wrote:
Johnny1975 wrote:As soon as I saw that username, I knew how it was going to go.

f**k off haha69.



Oh dear, looks like a raw nerve has been touched. By saying you knew where it was going to go, what did you mean? If you read my post, it is level headed and makes no reference to anything YOU think 69 might mean.

Thanks for the constructive message - must of took you ages to think of that. Apologies for perhaps bringing home the truth to you.


You're damn right you hit a raw nerve. I think I speak for all of us when I say that we have a lot of issues and hangups. We lack confidence and we don't know how to talk to women. Most of us are gay anyway. So lay off!



Most honest post in this thread lol
jboy
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 351
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:20 am


Return to Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest