War Between China And Japan In The Next Year

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Things are heating up in the Asia Pacific region.

http://www.businessinsider.com/china-ja ... ar-2012-12
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

If Japan fights China on the side of the country that nuked them twice...

I think I'd side with China on this one. Not like they've forgotten Nanking either.
lone_yakuza
Freshman Poster

Post by lone_yakuza »

Last edited by lone_yakuza on November 20th, 2016, 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

China's Navy is not ready to pick on Japan. The most glaring gap between their capability is in ASW.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

lone_yakuza wrote:The USA pretends to be "dragged into" the conflict, but in reality, this is exactly what the USA wants. An excuse to "exercise its policing of the world" and extend its imperial influence to the whole of Asia.

China is our last chance to drive out the anglosaxon devils.
I agree. China is the best hope of thwarting US imperialism and preventing the spread of the toxic US culture. I hope they succeed.
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

momopi wrote:China's Navy is not ready to pick on Japan. The most glaring gap between their capability is in ASW.
U.S. Navy ASW capability erodes amid China's sub progress:

http://english.sina.com/china/2012/1213/537720.html

China Pursues Antisubmarine Warfare

http://www.afcea.org/content/?q=node/509
In keeping with its approach to incorporating blue-water-navy technologies for possible littoral uses, China is deploying a number of antisubmarine warfare systems to support potential conflicts against adversaries equipped with the most advanced submarines under the sea. As with most of China’s military, these systems constitute a mix of legacy import technologies with indigenous developments.

Many Pacific naval analysts do not believe that China has a real antisubmarine threat or that antisubmarine warfare (ASW) is a priority in the People’s Liberation Army Navy (PLAN) new ship program. In fact, ASW is a high priority in naval new production. While some cite the lack of a PLAN ASW flag-rank staff as an indication of a low program priority, the U.S. Navy went without an ASW admiral billet for 15 years until recently, and no one questions the United States’ commitment to antisubmarine warfare. PLAN ASW platforms and equipment have been acquired, developed and deployed on submarine, surface ship and aviation platforms. The fact that many sensors and weapons are imported does not decrease the threat they pose to U.S., Taiwan or other nations’ submarines.

I think people now have this conception where we've entered a civilized age and any war is only fought against the Other or savages. The Taliban? Bunch of guys living in caves. Like even Vietnam must have been, little piss-stain countries most Americans can't find on a map. It certainly helps that our current organization of international government is based on territory; this has not been true for most of human politics and with globalization is very likely to change in time. It is, of course, a very dangerous mindset to adopt. After all, WWI was called the war to end all wars.
Andrewww
Freshman Poster

Post by Andrewww »

Tsar wrote:
lone_yakuza wrote:The USA pretends to be "dragged into" the conflict, but in reality, this is exactly what the USA wants. An excuse to "exercise its policing of the world" and extend its imperial influence to the whole of Asia.

China is our last chance to drive out the anglosaxon devils.
I agree. China is the best hope of thwarting US imperialism and preventing the spread of the toxic US culture. I hope they succeed.
Frankly as much as I dislike the US, I wouldn't side with the Chinese either. They can both go to hell as far as I'm concerned.
jboy
Freshman Poster

Post by jboy »

Of course the western imperialists orchestrated this to divide asia tsk tsk, I'll let lone yakuza speak up for asia in here as I share his sentiments.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

abcdavid01 wrote:
momopi wrote:China's Navy is not ready to pick on Japan. The most glaring gap between their capability is in ASW.
U.S. Navy ASW capability erodes amid China's sub progress:
http://english.sina.com/china/2012/1213/537720.html
China Pursues Antisubmarine Warfare
http://www.afcea.org/content/?q=node/509

During the Cold War, USSR submarines was a major concern to USN, so they "shaped" allied naval aviation forces toward MPA/ASW capabilities. JMSDF operated 72 T-2/S-2 from 1950s, then Kawasaki produced 83 P-2J's in 1960s-1970s, which was later replaced by over 100 kawasaki produced P-3C's in the 1990s. JMSDF aviation has many decades of operating MPA aircraft.

In comparison, the Chinese Navy Aviation only operates about half a dozen6 Y-8X MPA aircraft with ASW capability since the 1980s:

The latest Y-8Q MPA aircraft that is comparable to the P-3C in capability, was only rolled out of the factory last year:

For ASW helicopters, the JMSDF aviation operates over 150 locally built SH-60J/K's, which is superior in ASW capability over the Chinese Navy's few dozen Z-9C/EC and Ka-31 helicopters. Japan also operates 2 helicopter carriers with 2 larger ones on the way:

...and we haven't even started on the USN 7th fleet yet, surface warship ASW capability (VL-ASROC is fairly standard in USN/JMSDF warships), ASW training (USN has been training vs. Russia subs for XX years), submarine noise level, or C3I (Chinese Navy has just started upgrading from Link-11/HN-900 to Link-16/JSIDLS capability).

The Chinese military has made a lot of impressive progress in recent decade, but they're still catching up from behind by ~20 years or so in many military technologies. Keep in mind that we are comparing China to not only first world military, but also the best of the first world (US, Japan). Being 20 years behind some of US military technology level means that China can rain down precision guided bombs and cruise missiles today like US did in the first Gulf War. i.e. in the Sino-Vietnam war of 1979, the PLA sent infantry with light tanks and there were no major aerial engagements. If the same conflict were to occur today, the Chinese AF will be throwing laser-guided bombs and low-flying cruise missiles for precision strike against military and infrastructure targets. If Vietnam had a military satellite up, China can shoot it down. If US shuts down GPS access in Asia, China has their own GPS network to guide smart weapons:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-20852150
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: War Between China And Japan In The Next Year

Post by Jester »

Taco wrote:Things are heating up in the Asia Pacific region.

http://www.businessinsider.com/china-ja ... ar-2012-12
Yakuza is wrong about us nuking Japan twice. It was three times, counting the undersea-nuke-created tsunami at Fukushima.

Japan should throw out the U.S. and the freemasons, apologize and make restitution to China and Taiwan for Nanking, then build a fleet of nuclear-armed submarines.

Since that's not happening, of course I have to side with China, like the others here. Japan, South Korea and the Philippines are being used as pawns by the Anglo-Zionists in order to stir up trouble, plain and simple. To see the Chinese as aggressors is silly. They have never been an aggressive imperialist power, and are not too good at organized warfare to boot.

One trusts that the Red Chinese will be wise, knowing that the desperate neocons are looking for a distraction.

Thanks to Momopi for great military analysis and great photos as well.
lone_yakuza
Freshman Poster

Re: War Between China And Japan In The Next Year

Post by lone_yakuza »