Beijing Air Pollution

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Twobrains
Freshman Poster

Beijing Air Pollution

Post by Twobrains »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-20998147

"WHO guidelines say average concentrations of the tiniest pollution particles - called PM2.5 - should be no more than 25 microgrammes per cubic metre.

Air is unhealthy above 100 microgrammes. At 300, all children and elderly people should remain indoors.

Official Beijing city readings on Saturday suggested pollution levels over 400. Unofficial reading from a monitor at the US embassy recorded 800.

Once inhaled, the tiny particles can cause respiratory infections, as well as increased mortality from lung cancer and heart disease."

I couldn't live with that, I don't care how pretty the women are.
"As long as you make an identity for yourself out of the pain, you cannot become free of it." Eckhart Tolle
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Beijing Air Pollution

Post by zboy1 »

Twobrains wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-20998147

"WHO guidelines say average concentrations of the tiniest pollution particles - called PM2.5 - should be no more than 25 microgrammes per cubic metre.

Air is unhealthy above 100 microgrammes. At 300, all children and elderly people should remain indoors.

Official Beijing city readings on Saturday suggested pollution levels over 400. Unofficial reading from a monitor at the US embassy recorded 800.

Once inhaled, the tiny particles can cause respiratory infections, as well as increased mortality from lung cancer and heart disease."

I couldn't live with that, I don't care how pretty the women are.
Asian countries (except Japan) in general have poor air quality standards and are polluted as heck; not a very good place to visit if you have breathing or asthma problems.
Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

i think the air in ankara is also bad. i feel not so good here. munich was much better...