Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Tour of Korean Middle School in Busan

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Tour of Korean Middle School in Busan

Postby zboy1 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:52 am

Pretty cool vid for anyone interested in teaching in Busan, South Korea. The guy who shot this video is a Korean American who has lived in Busan for 2 years now.

Girls Middle School in Korea Tour
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VMI-nxqZtI[/youtube]
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Cornfed » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:19 am

Deskwarming duty was one of the annoying things that were coming in when I was leaving. It used to be that you could take holidays when the students weren't there, but they started requiring foreign teachers to come in and do nothing on these days just to be assholes about it. I wouldn't recommend Korea as an EFL destination unless you are a tall blond female with big tits now. Even in the unlikely event you get the job, it sucks.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Tour of Korean Middle School in Busan

Postby lone_yakuza » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:37 am

Last edited by lone_yakuza on Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lone_yakuza
Freshman Poster

Re: Tour of Korean Middle School in Busan

Postby zboy1 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:39 am

lone_yakuza wrote:
zboy1 wrote:Pretty cool vid for anyone interested in teaching in Busan, South Korea. The guy who shot this video is a Korean American who has lived in Busan for 2 years now.

Girls Middle School in Korea Tour
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VMI-nxqZtI[/youtube]

Their fitness room is appalling. You cannot shake the fat out of your buttocks or stomach. My god I would become a millionaire if I went to East Asia and promoted fitness as preventative health measures. Weight lifting, crossfit, martial arts, dance, etc. etc. Wow maybe this should be my goal.

LOL, good idea Lone Y. East Asians are obsessed with the idea of being "fit." You'll hardly see any overweight people in Korea.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby lone_yakuza » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:07 am

Last edited by lone_yakuza on Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lone_yakuza
Freshman Poster

Postby keepingitreal » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:47 pm

the chances are, it's an international school. typical schools in korea or east asia for that matter looks nothing like that i know for sure.

those kids who go to that school are lucky though. they probably don't have to deal with as much bullshit as they normally would if they go to a typical korean middle school.
keepingitreal
Freshman Poster

Postby pete98146 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:17 pm

Aren't they kicking foreign English teachers out of Korea? Thought I had heard that...
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Postby Cornfed » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:01 am

pete98146 wrote:Aren't they kicking foreign English teachers out of Korea? Thought I had heard that...

Yes, they are slowly being phased out of public schools. There will still be jobs at hagwons and universities though.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Return to Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand