Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Statistics on foreign spouses in Taiwan

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby Falcon » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:29 pm

Like Winston, I can't get Taiwanese women. This makes Rock shake his head in frustration.

But being practical Taiwanese like Momopi, my aunt and grandma were nice enough to get a girlfriend from Indonesia for me. :P
(See http://www.happierabroad.com/forum/view ... hp?t=20058
and http://www.happierabroad.com/forum/view ... hp?t=20792 )
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Postby The_Adventurer » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:17 pm

I am not surprised women from those other countries beat out filipinas. Aside from cultural issues mentioned, HK, Thai and Indonesian women are lighter skinned and taller than filipinas. I have not yet found a single.Chinese guy here interested in going to Phils for some fun, even kniwing how cheap it is. They say the girls are ugly.

I don't get something about the mentions of ethnic Chinese in Taiwan. Aren't pretty much all Taiwanese, excluding the aboriginals, ethnic Chinese?
“b***y is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of b***y in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Postby Falcon » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:22 pm

The_Adventurer wrote:I am not surprised women from those other countries beat out filipinas. Aside from cultural issues mentioned, HK, Thai and Indonesian women are lighter skinned and taller than filipinas. I have not yet found a single.Chinese guy here interested in going to Phils for some fun, even kniwing how cheap it is. They say the girls are ugly.

I don't get something about the mentions of ethnic Chinese in Taiwan. Aren't pretty much all Taiwanese, excluding the aboriginals, ethnic Chinese?

Actually Indonesians are on average shorter and darker than Filipinas. Almost all Indonesian brides in Taiwan are ethnic Hakkas from West Kalimantan province, Indonesia. It is very rare for Taiwanese to marry Indonesians who are not ethnic Chinese. So my case is definitely not the norm.

As for Thais, it depends on whether they're Thai-Chinese from Bangkok or country bumpkins from the northeast.

Taiwan is 75% Hoklo / Hokkien native ("bensheng" Taiwanese), who are descendants of migrants from SE China several centuries ago. It's like how the ancestors of "Americans" came from Britain a few centuries ago, and those of "Afrikaaners" from the Netherlands. Those who arrived after World War II are seen as outside Chinese. It's like how British who come to the US after World War II would be seen as British outsiders, but descendants of pre-1800 British settlers would not.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Previous

Return to Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand