Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Divorce rate in Thailand increased to 30%

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Divorce rate in Thailand increased to 30%

Postby Banano » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:13 pm

The latest survey has shown that around 1 one every 3 married couples in Thailand ended their marriage with divorce in recent years.

The Office of Women’s Affairs and Family Development Director Chansiri Sukhonthachaya said that the latest study shows that more than 285,000 couples got married in 2010, 30% of which, or about 108,000, divorced in the same year.

The report stated that the divorce among Thai couples was caused by current economic and social factors.

Mrs. Chansiri said that the couples with rocky marriages should try to work things out and understand each other more, while avoiding getting involved in such home-wrecking factors as narcotics and gambling, as well as polygamy.

Meanwhile, the report has shown that more Thai women have opted to stay single as they believe that they can be financially independent, while more Thai men have enjoyed the single life or chosen to marry when they were older.

http://bangkokscoop.com/2012/09/01/1-in ... ent-years/
Banano
Veteran Poster

Postby xiongmao » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:14 pm

Yeah, marriage is no big thing in Thailand.
In February 2013 I quit my boring job and now I'm Happier Abroad...
Do YOU want to date beautiful foreign women? Find out which country's women are best for you, and which dating site to look for them on!
Plus, if you like Asian girls, then check out my free Asian dating site.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Return to Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand