Adam Levine - Rosetta Stone Thai Sketch - SNL

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Adam Levine - Rosetta Stone Thai Sketch - SNL

Post by Mr S »

Thailand Government is all bent out of shape over this sketch, ha ha. Read the video comments for more info.

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

innovatorsclub
Freshman Poster

what ignorance

Post by innovatorsclub »

Most thai people live a simple life and are very happy with less.. That skit is just pathetic. America and its propaganda controlled media is so overvalued and bankrupt. Do they have 17 trillion dept where ignoarant fat americans are debt slaves ?... Look at their medical compared to out joke of a sickness industry. Do they spend billions on "defense"

no comparison america is the joke now
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Adam Levine - Rosetta Stone Thai Sketch - SNL

Post by Jester »

Mr S wrote:Thailand Government is all bent out of shape over this sketch, ha ha. Read the video comments for more info.

:lol:

Excelent

PS Although I do kind of see Innovator's point... that this is a New Feminist Order attack on men getting Happier Abroad... complete with Asian stereotype, and showing men as nerds

But still... funny!
anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

Post by anamericaninbangkok »

what ignorance
Most thai people live a simple life and are very happy with less.. That skit is just pathetic. America and its propaganda controlled media is so overvalued and bankrupt. Do they have 17 trillion dept where ignoarant fat americans are debt slaves ?... Look at their medical compared to out joke of a sickness industry. Do they spend billions on "defense"

no comparison america is the joke now
How is it ignorant? Just because they lead a simple life and are happy with less doesn't mean that the perception of Thais in America is wrong. It's dead on! You came here once for 14 days and now you're willing to stand up for all Thais and blast an SNL skit? C'mon...dude, grow some balls. Read my other post about your trip, you might be surprised.

The truth is this: if Thai police followed the law and didn't take payoffs to allow the whoring areas to stay open, the country could work on finding solutions for the poverty that entices some of the girls to work in bars.

Also, what on earth does this skit have to do with being in debt or fat Americans who are debt slaves? NOTHING.

Here's the original video back up on YouTube

Here's my response - teaching Thais English to use when coming to the US.

If you really want to see a racist skit, check this one out:

zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

That Rosetta Stone spoof was hilarious.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

I had to stream-record the racist Rosetta Stone spoof.
The part that somewhat bothered me was how properly the Black woman was speaking most of the time.

It seems like just because she is Black that no matter what she says, she's still speaking Negro. That part kind of bothered me.

Everything else definitely is ebonics to the n-th power.