Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Maranao Beauties (Muslims from Southern Mindanao)

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Maranao Beauties (Muslims from Southern Mindanao)

Postby Anonymous1 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:39 am

Closest thing to a pure filipina beauty....this is what the more advanced societies of filipinas looked before the spanish came to the islands

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Anonymous1
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 348
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:10 pm







Postby Jester » Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:07 am

great post!
"Pick a point and go to it."
-- Dr John Hunsucker, speaking about canoeing on Georgia's Lake Lanier, with its irregular shape, and 1000 miles of meandering shoreline
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7869
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

Postby ladislav » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:49 pm

In order to get with those, you need to be a Muslim and you also need to pay a bride price to marry them. We are talking to the tune of USD 8000 per girl.

Being an American Muslim convert in the Philippines with a Maranao wife may present certain insidious problems.

But these are nice to look at, that's for sure.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3578
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:30 pm

Postby Winston » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:06 pm

Why would a bride dowry cost 8,000 USD? Would a poor Filipino guy have to pay that much too? lol
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23617
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby Anonymous1 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:37 pm

Winston wrote:Why would a bride dowry cost 8,000 USD? Would a poor Filipino guy have to pay that much too? lol


Its cultural....a poor filipino guy wouldnt be able to marry a maranao girl..because 1st of all he is not muslim...and 2nd he is poor

Its not uncommon for a maranao man to have more then one wife...they are muslim after all

winston these girls are out of reach for you buddy...its all good...you seem satisfied with your 4s and 5s in AC


maranao without the head scarf
Image
Image

Image
Image

Visayans, Igorot and Maranao girls are definitely the tops when it comes to filipina beauty
and are also the hardest for westerners to date/marry
Anonymous1
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 348
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:10 pm

Postby ladislav » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:13 pm

Winston wrote:Why would a bride dowry cost 8,000 USD? Would a poor Filipino guy have to pay that much too? lol


The Muslims are not poor- they are traders and businessmen mostly. And when someone pays the dowry, the whole clan pitches in- that is how it is in most Muslim societies. Trust me, they know how to do it. A clan of 100-200 people each one pitching it creates an $8000 pretty quickly.
Muslims in the Philippines usually do not smooch off each other or foreigners and share in expenses in a fair way.

Visayans, Igorot and Maranao girls are definitely the tops when it comes to filipina beauty
and are also the hardest for westerners to date/marry.

I would agree about Maranao and Igorot ( which are tribal cultures and prefer their own) but Visayans are hardest for Westerners to marry? They are the easiest!
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3578
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:30 pm

Postby Anonymous1 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:22 pm

ladislav wrote:
Winston wrote:Why would a bride dowry cost 8,000 USD? Would a poor Filipino guy have to pay that much too? lol


The Muslims are not poor- they are traders and businessmen mostly. And when someone pays the dowry, the whole clan pitches in- that is how it is in most Muslim societies. Trust me, they know how to do it. A clan of 100-200 people each one pitching it creates an $8000 pretty quickly.
Muslims in the Philippines usually do not smooch off each other or foreigners and share in expenses in a fair way.

Visayans, Igorot and Maranao girls are definitely the tops when it comes to filipina beauty
and are also the hardest for westerners to date/marry.

I would agree about Maranao and Igorot ( which are tribal cultures and prefer their own) but Visayans are hardest for Westerners to marry? They are the easiest!


other then cebuanos....yes visayans are harder

Western and eastern visayans particularly

actually most filipinas married to westerners come from Subic, ANgeles, Manila which are all luzon areas
Anonymous1
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 348
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:10 pm

Postby ladislav » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:43 am

other then cebuanos....yes visayans are harder

Western and eastern visayans particularly


You are talking about the Ilonggo and Waray Waray, I guess. Those are not particularly friendly cultures and most other Filipinos do not speak well of those. Ilonggos look and act Vietnamese-like and Waray Waray are very proud and unfriendly overall.

actually most filipinas married to westerners come from Subic, ANgeles, Manila which are all luzon areas


It would be nice to see statistics in regards to this. Because anecdotal discussions are always contradictory. Mr. S, for example sings praises to the Ilonggo people and thier capital- Bacolod. He says they are the friendliest and tells me about the glorious lives expat men live there. I, otoh, cannot stand their sullen, silent faces and the pissed off expressions. The Waray girls are the ones that staff most bars in Luzon. Also many are waitresses and other types of blue collar workforce.

Again, that is anecdotal. All of it. Unless we have hard stats, we will always be caught in anecdotal arguments which are very predominant on this board particularly when it comes to prejudices and how a Westerner is accepted/ not accepted in a particular place.
Subic, ANgeles, Manila which are all luzon areas


Which is where most Westerners settle. If they settled in Ilo ilo and Tacloban in huge numbers, would they all be without GFs wives and rejected right and left for racial reasons?
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3578
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:30 pm

Postby Anonymous1 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:56 am

ladislav wrote:
other then cebuanos....yes visayans are harder

Western and eastern visayans particularly


You are talking about the Ilonggo and Waray Waray, I guess. Those are not particularly friendly cultures and most other Filipinos do not speak well of those. Ilonggos look and act Vietnamese-like and Waray Waray are very proud and unfriendly overall.

actually most filipinas married to westerners come from Subic, ANgeles, Manila which are all luzon areas


It would be nice to see statistics in regards to this. Because anecdotal discussions are always contradictory. Mr. S, for example sings praises to the Ilonggo people and thier capital- Bacolod. He says they are the friendliest and tells me about the glorious lives expat men live there. I, otoh, cannot stand their sullen, silent faces and the pissed off expressions. The Waray girls are the ones that staff most bars in Luzon. Also many are waitresses and other types of blue collar workforce.

Again, that is anecdotal. All of it. Unless we have hard stats, we will always be caught in anecdotal arguments which are very predominant on this board particularly when it comes to prejudices and how a Westerner is accepted/ not accepted in a particular place.
Subic, ANgeles, Manila which are all luzon areas


Which is where most Westerners settle. If they settled in Ilo ilo and Tacloban in huge numbers, would they all be without GFs wives and rejected right and left for racial reasons?


LOL Mr S is only but a few expats in iloilo....reason why iis because there isnt much of a market for western men...as the women are more difficult to get with...they are more conservative then luzon women, and yes you could say they are the Philippine version of vietnamese..Mr S is lucky to be accepted by a illongo woman..as what he says about them are true..they are friendly once they have accepted you
A large number of nurses you see overseas are illonga, women from the surrounding region of antique are the same as illonga as well

LOL most of the angeles bar girls seem to be from luzon....or from ANgeles city itself
You can usually tell the ethnicity or where they came from due to their accent..judging from these videos many of these women have a tagalog accent
Anonymous1
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 348
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:10 pm

Postby ladislav » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:48 pm

LOL Mr S is only but a few expats in iloilo....reason why iis because there isnt much of a market for western men...as the women are more difficult to get with...they are more conservative then luzon women, and yes you could say they are the Philippine version of vietnamese.


This is statistically unsupported information. It is based on personal observations- hence - anecdotal.The only thing that could somehow support it is opinion polls- this is how they measure racism in the USA- it would be nice to see those. And I am sure there are none.

There are also very few expats in Toledo, Cebu.

.
Mr S is lucky to be accepted by a illongo woman..as what he says about them are true..they are friendly once they have accepted you
A large number of nurses you see overseas are illonga, women from the surrounding region of antique are the same as illonga as well


Would be nice to see some stats.

ost of the angeles bar girls seem to be from luzon....or from ANgeles city itself
You can usuallym tell the ethnicity or where they came from due to their accent..judging from these videos many of these women have a tagalog accent


They have a tagalog accent when they speak what language? Again, there are no stats to support the above assertion. Also, where a person is from is temporal. Where is a person from as in "where they live"?"where they were born?" - what if they left their place of birth at age 1? Are they still from that place? I can only tell you from experience that the majority- over 60%- are from Samar. But again, I have no hard stats, no records of any kind to prove it and I assume no one else does either, so we will just have to agree to disagree.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3578
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:30 pm

Postby Anonymous1 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:57 pm

ladislav wrote:
LOL Mr S is only but a few expats in iloilo....reason why iis because there isnt much of a market for western men...as the women are more difficult to get with...they are more conservative then luzon women, and yes you could say they are the Philippine version of vietnamese.


This is information. It is based on personal observations. The only thing that could somehow support it is opinion polls- this is how they measure racism in the USA- it would be nice to see those.

There are also very few expats in Toledo, Cebu.

.
Mr S is lucky to be accepted by a illongo woman..as what he says about them are true..they are friendly once they have accepted you
A large number of nurses you see overseas are illonga, women from the surrounding region of antique are the same as illonga as well


Would be nice to see some stats.

ost of the angeles bar girls seem to be from luzon....or from ANgeles city itself
You can usuallym tell the ethnicity or where they came from due to their accent..judging from these videos many of these women have a tagalog accent


They have a tagalog accent when they speak what language? Again, there are no stats to support the above assertion. Again, where a person is from is temporal. Where is a person from as in "where they live"?"where they were born?" - what if they left their place of birth at age 1? Are they still from that place? I can only tell you from experience that the majority- over 60%- are from Samar. But again, I have no hard stats, no records of any kind to prove it and I assume no one else does either, so we will just have to agree to disagree.


usually children learn how to speak from listening to their parents....I have seen half illlonga-half japanese woman speak in an illonga accent...based on the videos shown here of angeles city girls...many of them speak an accent that seem to be used by tagalog people

Actually I watched a docu about Angeles....it was said that 90% of the time girls who were born in Angeles end up working as bar girls
Its a vicious cycle there..
Anonymous1
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 348
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:10 pm

Postby Rock » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:11 pm

Anonymous1 wrote:
ladislav wrote:
other then cebuanos....yes visayans are harder

Western and eastern visayans particularly


You are talking about the Ilonggo and Waray Waray, I guess. Those are not particularly friendly cultures and most other Filipinos do not speak well of those. Ilonggos look and act Vietnamese-like and Waray Waray are very proud and unfriendly overall.

actually most filipinas married to westerners come from Subic, ANgeles, Manila which are all luzon areas


It would be nice to see statistics in regards to this. Because anecdotal discussions are always contradictory. Mr. S, for example sings praises to the Ilonggo people and thier capital- Bacolod. He says they are the friendliest and tells me about the glorious lives expat men live there. I, otoh, cannot stand their sullen, silent faces and the pissed off expressions. The Waray girls are the ones that staff most bars in Luzon. Also many are waitresses and other types of blue collar workforce.

Again, that is anecdotal. All of it. Unless we have hard stats, we will always be caught in anecdotal arguments which are very predominant on this board particularly when it comes to prejudices and how a Westerner is accepted/ not accepted in a particular place.
Subic, ANgeles, Manila which are all luzon areas


Which is where most Westerners settle. If they settled in Ilo ilo and Tacloban in huge numbers, would they all be without GFs wives and rejected right and left for racial reasons?


LOL Mr S is only but a few expats in iloilo....reason why iis because there isnt much of a market for western men...as the women are more difficult to get with...they are more conservative then luzon women, and yes you could say they are the Philippine version of vietnamese..Mr S is lucky to be accepted by a illongo woman..as what he says about them are true..they are friendly once they have accepted you
A large number of nurses you see overseas are illonga, women from the surrounding region of antique are the same as illonga as well

LOL most of the angeles bar girls seem to be from luzon....or from ANgeles city itself
You can usually tell the ethnicity or where they came from due to their accent..judging from these videos many of these women have a tagalog accent


1. Anon, u seem to have some interesting info and ideas on Phils (very different in some aspects from that ever seen before on this forum). What is yr. background (nationality/ethnicity/exp/etc.) and how have u learned so much about Phils - direct exp. on the ground? Reading and talking to others? Ethnic and family connections? Other? Sorry if u mentioned it already and I missed it. If so, cld. u at least provide link?

2. I'm not sure I agree w/what u say about Angeles. Majority of girls in the biz seem to be from (grown up in) Leyte or Samar from numerous accounts and asking around. And I've seen some very hot gals who are native Pampangans (working in hotels, family businesses, construction, etc.). Even one of the cheapest hotels I've seen in Angeles (a clean boutique hotel next to American Hotel) seems to hire only tall beauties who look Chinese. They are native Pampangans and have nothing to do w/the biz.

3. So far, the only areas I ever see a half way noticeable concentration of attractive Pinays are certain prosperous districts and venues with a good percentage of at least solid middle class people in Metro Manila, Pampanga, and Cebu. I'm in staying at IT Park in Cebu today and yes there are some very attractive local girls around the call center buildings at night. They make good money and some are fashionable enough to hang with the local Korean expat crowd.

But two days ago, out group went spent a couple days touring Bahol and I didn't notice even one very attractive local in all the places we visited or went by. I've been to high school graduations with literally 1,000s of students in the likes of Bacalod without seeing anyone who was really inspiring. Where is this magic rural land in Phils with the higher concentration of hotties? Even traveling overland from Davao to Gen San did not yield anything in the way of eye candy.

The first problem when u get out of prosperous areas is height. Pinays are already very short in the cities. But the top 1-2% can achieve decent height at least - 5'5" to 5'7", sometimes even a bit more. But when u go into the provinces, people get shorter. So its more like only the top 0.2% or less have a semi normal height. Very short girls are at best cute, not sexy and alluring the way taller cuties and beauties are. It really is a case of finding needles in haystacks when u go out in the sticks of this country. Perhaps you are right. Some Asian dudes may hire locals to do that task for them.

4. If the girls u posted in photos often get snapped up by Asian guys, why wouldn't Winston be able to do the same thing? He's totally Asian looking. Yet you said he wouldn't have access.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4123
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:16 pm

Postby Anonymous1 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:39 pm

Rock wrote:
Anonymous1 wrote:
ladislav wrote:
other then cebuanos....yes visayans are harder

Western and eastern visayans particularly


You are talking about the Ilonggo and Waray Waray, I guess. Those are not particularly friendly cultures and most other Filipinos do not speak well of those. Ilonggos look and act Vietnamese-like and Waray Waray are very proud and unfriendly overall.

actually most filipinas married to westerners come from Subic, ANgeles, Manila which are all luzon areas


It would be nice to see statistics in regards to this. Because anecdotal discussions are always contradictory. Mr. S, for example sings praises to the Ilonggo people and thier capital- Bacolod. He says they are the friendliest and tells me about the glorious lives expat men live there. I, otoh, cannot stand their sullen, silent faces and the pissed off expressions. The Waray girls are the ones that staff most bars in Luzon. Also many are waitresses and other types of blue collar workforce.

Again, that is anecdotal. All of it. Unless we have hard stats, we will always be caught in anecdotal arguments which are very predominant on this board particularly when it comes to prejudices and how a Westerner is accepted/ not accepted in a particular place.
Subic, ANgeles, Manila which are all luzon areas


Which is where most Westerners settle. If they settled in Ilo ilo and Tacloban in huge numbers, would they all be without GFs wives and rejected right and left for racial reasons?


LOL Mr S is only but a few expats in iloilo....reason why iis because there isnt much of a market for western men...as the women are more difficult to get with...they are more conservative then luzon women, and yes you could say they are the Philippine version of vietnamese..Mr S is lucky to be accepted by a illongo woman..as what he says about them are true..they are friendly once they have accepted you
A large number of nurses you see overseas are illonga, women from the surrounding region of antique are the same as illonga as well

LOL most of the angeles bar girls seem to be from luzon....or from ANgeles city itself
You can usually tell the ethnicity or where they came from due to their accent..judging from these videos many of these women have a tagalog accent


1. Anon, u seem to have some interesting info and ideas on Phils (very different in some aspects from that ever seen before on this forum). What is yr. background (nationality/ethnicity/exp/etc.) and how have u learned so much about Phils - direct exp. on the ground? Reading and talking to others? Ethnic and family connections? Other? Sorry if u mentioned it already and I missed it. If so, cld. u at least provide link?

2. I'm not sure I agree w/what u say about Angeles. Majority of girls in the biz seem to be from (grown up in) Leyte or Samar from numerous accounts and asking around. And I've seen some very hot gals who are native Pampangans (working in hotels, family businesses, construction, etc.). Even one of the cheapest hotels I've seen in Angeles (a clean boutique hotel next to American Hotel) seems to hire only tall beauties who look Chinese. They are native Pampangans and have nothing to do w/the biz.

3. So far, the only areas I ever see a half way noticeable concentration of attractive Pinays are certain prosperous districts and venues with a good percentage of at least solid middle class people in Metro Manila, Pampanga, and Cebu. I'm in staying at IT Park in Cebu today and yes there are some very attractive local girls around the call center buildings at night. They make good money and some are fashionable enough to hang with the local Korean expat crowd.

But two days ago, out group went spent a couple days touring Bahol and I didn't notice even one very attractive local in all the places we visited or went by. I've been to high school graduations with literally 1,000s of students in the likes of Bacalod without seeing anyone who was really inspiring. Where is this magic rural land in Phils with the higher concentration of hotties? Even traveling overland from Davao to Gen San did not yield anything in the way of eye candy.

The first problem when u get out of prosperous areas is height. Pinays are already very short in the cities. But the top 1-2% can achieve decent height at least - 5'5" to 5'7", sometimes even a bit more. But when u go into the provinces, people get shorter. So its more like only the top 0.2% or less have a semi normal height. Very short girls are at best cute, not sexy and alluring the way taller cuties and beauties are. It really is a case of finding needles in haystacks when u go out in the sticks of this country. Perhaps you are right. Some Asian dudes may hire locals to do that task for them.

4. If the girls u posted in photos often get snapped up by Asian guys, why wouldn't Winston be able to do the same thing? He's totally Asian looking. Yet you said he wouldn't have access.


My nationality is American....my ethnicity is western visayan (illongo/antiqueno) so thats why I am knowledgable about this


winston doesnt have any luck because he isnt japanese or korean...2nd because he looks in all the wrong places...he spends most of his time in AC whoretown.....In korea and japan they have companies that matchmake koreans or japanese with rural filipina women for a fee. Another reason is many koreans run into their wives while they are studyinig english in the country...so the monger personality isnt usually attached to koreans so they are able to attract regular girls
Anonymous1
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 348
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:10 pm

Postby OutWest » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:22 pm

Anonymous1 wrote:
Rock wrote:
Anonymous1 wrote:
ladislav wrote:
other then cebuanos....yes visayans are harder

Western and eastern visayans particularly


You are talking about the Ilonggo and Waray Waray, I guess. Those are not particularly friendly cultures and most other Filipinos do not speak well of those. Ilonggos look and act Vietnamese-like and Waray Waray are very proud and unfriendly overall.

actually most filipinas married to westerners come from Subic, ANgeles, Manila which are all luzon areas


It would be nice to see statistics in regards to this. Because anecdotal discussions are always contradictory. Mr. S, for example sings praises to the Ilonggo people and thier capital- Bacolod. He says they are the friendliest and tells me about the glorious lives expat men live there. I, otoh, cannot stand their sullen, silent faces and the pissed off expressions. The Waray girls are the ones that staff most bars in Luzon. Also many are waitresses and other types of blue collar workforce.

Again, that is anecdotal. All of it. Unless we have hard stats, we will always be caught in anecdotal arguments which are very predominant on this board particularly when it comes to prejudices and how a Westerner is accepted/ not accepted in a particular place.
Subic, ANgeles, Manila which are all luzon areas


Which is where most Westerners settle. If they settled in Ilo ilo and Tacloban in huge numbers, would they all be without GFs wives and rejected right and left for racial reasons?


LOL Mr S is only but a few expats in iloilo....reason why iis because there isnt much of a market for western men...as the women are more difficult to get with...they are more conservative then luzon women, and yes you could say they are the Philippine version of vietnamese..Mr S is lucky to be accepted by a illongo woman..as what he says about them are true..they are friendly once they have accepted you
A large number of nurses you see overseas are illonga, women from the surrounding region of antique are the same as illonga as well

LOL most of the angeles bar girls seem to be from luzon....or from ANgeles city itself
You can usually tell the ethnicity or where they came from due to their accent..judging from these videos many of these women have a tagalog accent


1. Anon, u seem to have some interesting info and ideas on Phils (very different in some aspects from that ever seen before on this forum). What is yr. background (nationality/ethnicity/exp/etc.) and how have u learned so much about Phils - direct exp. on the ground? Reading and talking to others? Ethnic and family connections? Other? Sorry if u mentioned it already and I missed it. If so, cld. u at least provide link?

2. I'm not sure I agree w/what u say about Angeles. Majority of girls in the biz seem to be from (grown up in) Leyte or Samar from numerous accounts and asking around. And I've seen some very hot gals who are native Pampangans (working in hotels, family businesses, construction, etc.). Even one of the cheapest hotels I've seen in Angeles (a clean boutique hotel next to American Hotel) seems to hire only tall beauties who look Chinese. They are native Pampangans and have nothing to do w/the biz.

3. So far, the only areas I ever see a half way noticeable concentration of attractive Pinays are certain prosperous districts and venues with a good percentage of at least solid middle class people in Metro Manila, Pampanga, and Cebu. I'm in staying at IT Park in Cebu today and yes there are some very attractive local girls around the call center buildings at night. They make good money and some are fashionable enough to hang with the local Korean expat crowd.

But two days ago, out group went spent a couple days touring Bahol and I didn't notice even one very attractive local in all the places we visited or went by. I've been to high school graduations with literally 1,000s of students in the likes of Bacalod without seeing anyone who was really inspiring. Where is this magic rural land in Phils with the higher concentration of hotties? Even traveling overland from Davao to Gen San did not yield anything in the way of eye candy.

The first problem when u get out of prosperous areas is height. Pinays are already very short in the cities. But the top 1-2% can achieve decent height at least - 5'5" to 5'7", sometimes even a bit more. But when u go into the provinces, people get shorter. So its more like only the top 0.2% or less have a semi normal height. Very short girls are at best cute, not sexy and alluring the way taller cuties and beauties are. It really is a case of finding needles in haystacks when u go out in the sticks of this country. Perhaps you are right. Some Asian dudes may hire locals to do that task for them.

4. If the girls u posted in photos often get snapped up by Asian guys, why wouldn't Winston be able to do the same thing? He's totally Asian looking. Yet you said he wouldn't have access.


My nationality is American....my ethnicity is western visayan (illongo/antiqueno) so thats why I am knowledgable about this


winston doesnt have any luck because he isnt japanese or korean...2nd because he looks in all the wrong places...he spends most of his time in AC whoretown.....In korea and japan they have companies that matchmake koreans or japanese with rural filipina women for a fee. Another reason is many koreans run into their wives while they are studyinig english in the country...so the monger personality isnt usually attached to koreans so they are able to attract regular girls



Quite right...it is just as you say. By contrast, if you are an American white living in Mindanao or Bohol for example, and it is evident you are here for non-mongering reasons, you will begin to have girls showing interest left and right. No matter your ethnicity really, if you are the kind of man that a nice girl would like introducing to mom and dad (and grandma and a dozen others) and you know how to practice a little old fashioned courtship, you will be living in a reality far removed from mongersville. There are many poor but not destitute families wherein the girl and her family are looking to see if you treat them with respect. Mongers will never participate in that
reality.


Outwest
OutWest
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2062
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:09 am
Location: Asia/USA

Postby Anonymous1 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:36 pm

OutWest wrote:
Anonymous1 wrote:
Rock wrote:
Anonymous1 wrote:
ladislav wrote:
other then cebuanos....yes visayans are harder

Western and eastern visayans particularly


You are talking about the Ilonggo and Waray Waray, I guess. Those are not particularly friendly cultures and most other Filipinos do not speak well of those. Ilonggos look and act Vietnamese-like and Waray Waray are very proud and unfriendly overall.

actually most filipinas married to westerners come from Subic, ANgeles, Manila which are all luzon areas


It would be nice to see statistics in regards to this. Because anecdotal discussions are always contradictory. Mr. S, for example sings praises to the Ilonggo people and thier capital- Bacolod. He says they are the friendliest and tells me about the glorious lives expat men live there. I, otoh, cannot stand their sullen, silent faces and the pissed off expressions. The Waray girls are the ones that staff most bars in Luzon. Also many are waitresses and other types of blue collar workforce.

Again, that is anecdotal. All of it. Unless we have hard stats, we will always be caught in anecdotal arguments which are very predominant on this board particularly when it comes to prejudices and how a Westerner is accepted/ not accepted in a particular place.
Subic, ANgeles, Manila which are all luzon areas


Which is where most Westerners settle. If they settled in Ilo ilo and Tacloban in huge numbers, would they all be without GFs wives and rejected right and left for racial reasons?


LOL Mr S is only but a few expats in iloilo....reason why iis because there isnt much of a market for western men...as the women are more difficult to get with...they are more conservative then luzon women, and yes you could say they are the Philippine version of vietnamese..Mr S is lucky to be accepted by a illongo woman..as what he says about them are true..they are friendly once they have accepted you
A large number of nurses you see overseas are illonga, women from the surrounding region of antique are the same as illonga as well

LOL most of the angeles bar girls seem to be from luzon....or from ANgeles city itself
You can usually tell the ethnicity or where they came from due to their accent..judging from these videos many of these women have a tagalog accent


1. Anon, u seem to have some interesting info and ideas on Phils (very different in some aspects from that ever seen before on this forum). What is yr. background (nationality/ethnicity/exp/etc.) and how have u learned so much about Phils - direct exp. on the ground? Reading and talking to others? Ethnic and family connections? Other? Sorry if u mentioned it already and I missed it. If so, cld. u at least provide link?

2. I'm not sure I agree w/what u say about Angeles. Majority of girls in the biz seem to be from (grown up in) Leyte or Samar from numerous accounts and asking around. And I've seen some very hot gals who are native Pampangans (working in hotels, family businesses, construction, etc.). Even one of the cheapest hotels I've seen in Angeles (a clean boutique hotel next to American Hotel) seems to hire only tall beauties who look Chinese. They are native Pampangans and have nothing to do w/the biz.

3. So far, the only areas I ever see a half way noticeable concentration of attractive Pinays are certain prosperous districts and venues with a good percentage of at least solid middle class people in Metro Manila, Pampanga, and Cebu. I'm in staying at IT Park in Cebu today and yes there are some very attractive local girls around the call center buildings at night. They make good money and some are fashionable enough to hang with the local Korean expat crowd.

But two days ago, out group went spent a couple days touring Bahol and I didn't notice even one very attractive local in all the places we visited or went by. I've been to high school graduations with literally 1,000s of students in the likes of Bacalod without seeing anyone who was really inspiring. Where is this magic rural land in Phils with the higher concentration of hotties? Even traveling overland from Davao to Gen San did not yield anything in the way of eye candy.

The first problem when u get out of prosperous areas is height. Pinays are already very short in the cities. But the top 1-2% can achieve decent height at least - 5'5" to 5'7", sometimes even a bit more. But when u go into the provinces, people get shorter. So its more like only the top 0.2% or less have a semi normal height. Very short girls are at best cute, not sexy and alluring the way taller cuties and beauties are. It really is a case of finding needles in haystacks when u go out in the sticks of this country. Perhaps you are right. Some Asian dudes may hire locals to do that task for them.

4. If the girls u posted in photos often get snapped up by Asian guys, why wouldn't Winston be able to do the same thing? He's totally Asian looking. Yet you said he wouldn't have access.


My nationality is American....my ethnicity is western visayan (illongo/antiqueno) so thats why I am knowledgable about this


winston doesnt have any luck because he isnt japanese or korean...2nd because he looks in all the wrong places...he spends most of his time in AC whoretown.....In korea and japan they have companies that matchmake koreans or japanese with rural filipina women for a fee. Another reason is many koreans run into their wives while they are studyinig english in the country...so the monger personality isnt usually attached to koreans so they are able to attract regular girls



Quite right...it is just as you say. By contrast, if you are an American white living in Mindanao or Bohol for example, and it is evident you are here for non-mongering reasons, you will begin to have girls showing interest left and right. No matter your ethnicity really, if you are the kind of man that a nice girl would like introducing to mom and dad (and grandma and a dozen others) and you know how to practice a little old fashioned courtship, you will be living in a reality far removed from mongersville. There are many poor but not destitute families wherein the girl and her family are looking to see if you treat them with respect. Mongers will never participate in that
reality.


Outwest


yes that....and that is the reason why you see very average looking korean men with very attractive filipina wives....the attractive girls would not want anything to do with you if your not serious...you see attractive girls know they are a commodity in demand...so they would use it to find them a decent husband...one who isnt a scumbag...but one who treats her and her family with respect
Anonymous1
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 348
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:10 pm

Next

Return to Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests