A Filipina Story

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
mct
Freshman Poster

Post by mct »

davewe wrote: I agree that you can get easy painted with the monger brush at any age - and for good reason. There are plenty of white mongers who visit the Philippines, whether 20-somethings or 50-somethings. But the good news is that if you act, dress and look respectful, and don't say 'I just spent the past 2 weeks in Angeles,' you have a big advantage over others.
Haha. Never say you were in Angeles, certainly not early on in the relationship. As to later on, depends on the situation and how the girl views such trips.
=======================
Kindness is the elixir of love.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

jboy
Freshman Poster

Post by jboy »

mct wrote:
jboy wrote:Thankee davewe for sharing!
I would like to share something, its true not all pinays are desperate or are into money and status. The girl I really like has been courted by a high status businessman from an old rich family and that did nothing in his favor. She was after compatibility, finding real love, friendship and companionship. I know this because I have seen and talked to the guy and he did told me she is one who simply won't be wowed by looks, status, or money and connections. The spanish-chinese-pinoy businessman looks and dresses like a male model, and that did nothing for him pursuing her for years. She's not rich or middleclass, more of lower middleclass and she would benefit a lot if she chose him. As a matter of fact I do not know if she would end up with me, my caucasian looks and financial stability would probably help me no more than the other dude. This is of course just one more pinay story which is far from the stereotype of the forum. Pinays comes in all shapes, sizes and apparently varrying levels of westernization up to the most traditional-marriage quality types.

Regarding mongers, oh man, they are doing real damage particularly for younger men. In the Phillies, being a youngish white looking guy is almost synonymous with monger, its easier to find women who will take you seriously if you are around 40-50 no kidding. Apparently my age (mid 30s) and looks (I work out, 6'1, caucasian looking, google Zach Braff---a forum member here says I look like him) is like having 'monger' tattooed on my forehead lol. End point, if you are a youngish guy you need to really prove your sincerity to be with the QUALITY women of the Phillies.
Good for you and good luck! Seems that she is rather exceptional.

If the other guy is indeed as prominent as you wrote him to be, then your girl probably saved herself a lot of grief regarding her suitor's family if they tend to be on the snobby side (most families care more about their sons marrying well rather than the daughters since the businesses and shares of stock in them tend to be managed/owned mostly by male family members). Also, his "flashy" lifestyle (male model looks and all) might not be suitable to her... Now you got me thinking on who this guy is (Spanish-Chinese- Filipino, hmmm...)!

And yes, sincerity counts a lot!

Thankee! She ain't my girl (yet) though she is very special to me.

The dude's family accepted her (she's fr some prominent old money clan long gone, tis the legacy of the name that remains). She's just different in a very good way from pinays, has the best qualities of a modern woman with the best qualities of a traditional woman in one neat package. I can see how she charmed the whole of his family they practically courted her full force lol. Tis just shows not all pinay can be bought. Gee I'd marry that guy if I was in her place lol.
mct
Freshman Poster

Post by mct »

jboy wrote:
Thankee! She ain't my girl (yet) though she is very special to me.

The dude's family accepted her (she's fr some prominent old money clan long gone, tis the legacy of the name that remains). She's just different in a very good way from pinays, has the best qualities of a modern woman with the best qualities of a traditional woman in one neat package. I can see how she charmed the whole of his family they practically courted her full force lol. Tis just shows not all pinay can be bought. Gee I'd marry that guy if I was in her place lol
That's it. A girl descended from an old, respectable and rich family - even though the money is long gone - is always viewed as much better than one from from a flashy (read: tacky), new money family whose cash may be from dubious sources. Most such families - even with shortage of money - would always have relations that are still better off, the richer branch(es) of the family/clan. That is still very important. Connections, lineage, and breeding still count a lot here.

I wish you the best, jboy!
=======================
Kindness is the elixir of love.