Leaving Sunday to go to the Philippines.

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Dudevondudenstein
Freshman Poster

Post by Dudevondudenstein »

Hello again and thank you for all of the replies. I did get sick from drinking the water... wait maybe it is from all of the sea food. I am better now though so all is well. I bought a power converter but they made me toss it at the airport in Manila on my way to Davao. I ended up just buying a universal charger that works with my camera. My girl and I hit it off her English was WAY better in person. I am now staying with her and her family in Panabo City. I haven't really bought her much outside of food and an airconditioner for her bed room so I do not melt. I will update some more on my trip later!
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Wow, glad you're having a good trip. Good luck with the girl, but if she doesn't have the shopping or needy family issues then you're really lucky!

My first expedition when I got to China was to find a UK > China power adapter for my laptop. Well that was hard work but eventually I found a Hong Kong > China one which fit the bill!

I got really sick here in Southern China. I think it was the norovirus rather than food poisoning. It's hard to avoid when you only need 20 virus particles to get infected. Well it wasn't too bad but shitting brown water for 2 days was really alarming!

You'll gradually get used to the water, I use it for general stuff now although it's best to drink bottled due to pollutants that might be in the tap water.

What's the weather like? Are you getting the tremendous thunderstorms that are hitting Southern China? They turn day into night before depositing 2-3 inches of rain.

I find I'm quite tired here, especially in the mornings. I don't know if it's dehydration, the humidity or the fact that I'm just trying to do too much.

How much is beer by the way? Here in China a 600ml bottle from the convenience store is 3.5 - 5RMB which I guess is around $0.83. For some reason cans are more expensive than bottles.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.