Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Deciding on China

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby Ghost » Tue May 07, 2013 6:34 pm

Well, I hope both of you have luck. I'm also a big guy and I'll be heading to China just as soon as my visa comes through. I'm going to teach since that is all I can do. I'll try to learn some Mandarin once I'm there and then just be my normal nice self and take opportunities to make new friends and go out. I really hope it works, but if it doesn't...well, after a year I could go somewhere else I guess.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 5749
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:23 am







Postby zboy1 » Tue May 07, 2013 6:54 pm

Ghost wrote:Well, I hope both of you have luck. I'm also a big guy and I'll be heading to China just as soon as my visa comes through. I'm going to teach since that is all I can do. I'll try to learn some Mandarin once I'm there and then just be my normal nice self and take opportunities to make new friends and go out. I really hope it works, but if it doesn't...well, after a year I could go somewhere else I guess.


Where I you going to teach in China, Ghost? I will be teaching in Hangzhou sometime in July/Sept. Maybe we can get all of the HA members in China and do a big hangout sometime, lol?
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4444
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:33 am

Postby xiongmao » Wed May 08, 2013 12:45 pm

Well I'll be around in Guangzhou for a while if anyone wants to come here.

But heed the advice about size - Chinese women aren't keen on big fat guys. It's not too difficult to lose weight here, especially if you hate rice and noodles!

Also learn some Mandarin as soon as you can, it will of course impress women but it's also useful for when you want to go shopping, buy a train ticket or catch a bus!

Native speaking English teachers who can also speak Mandarin are a very rare elite here!

The more Chinese I learn the more this country opens up to me.

About online dating, come here and I'll show you the REAL LIFE WOMEN who inhabit my local shopping district. Then you'll probably agree they're way hotter than dating site women.

Also women on dating sites get very picky and some are on there for years waiting for true love.

My mate's never used a dating site and he's had a lot more action than I have! All it really takes is good game. Forget learning the language - his Mandarin is terrible. But I just saw him with a girl on the back of his bike, and she's 24 years younger than he is.
In February 2013 I quit my boring job and now I'm Happier Abroad...
Do YOU want to date beautiful foreign women? Find out which country's women are best for you, and which dating site to look for them on!
Plus, if you like Asian girls, then check out my free Asian dating site.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2540
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:09 pm
Location: London

Postby The Professor » Fri May 10, 2013 11:13 am

zboy1 wrote:
Jerry8787 wrote:Well my friend and I are both 6'1", we are both white, I'm more darker because I'm half Italian, we are from the US, we live in Iowa, I'm looking for a family oriented one man women, religion isn't a big deal, someone who loves me for me and would stand next to me, not behind or in front but equal, as for age range since I'm still in my mid 20's I don't want anyone over 30 now when I do go if I happen to meet someone a little over 30 and I feel a strong connection I will pursue it. As for his physique, he is a high school football coach and played football in college as a linebacker, he's big but most is muscle.


I don't think China is a good fit for you two, imo. Asian women (in Asia, not Asian American women) tend not to like big, tall, stocky White men. I agree with Kai1275 sentiments. Why don't you pick Eastern Europe, Russia, or Latin America--where the women like those types of figures in men?


I have to agree here.

Women in asia mostly like really thin guys. What is considered average in America is fat in Asia, what is just a little overweight in America is obese here, and what is considered just fat in America is disgustingly obese here.

At 200 pounds you'll be considered morbidly obese and your friend will be considered a walking freak show at 300 pounds. I weigh less than you do and I'm considered fat here in china. I've been losing weight recently though. I probably weigh 30 pounds less than you do, and I'm "fat" here.

Just look at how thin the average young guy in china is, that's average, and that's what you have to compete with. Keep in mind, in china they like thin guys.
The Professor
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 159
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:52 pm

Postby kai1275 » Fri May 10, 2013 2:52 pm

The Professor wrote:
zboy1 wrote:
Jerry8787 wrote:Well my friend and I are both 6'1", we are both white, I'm more darker because I'm half Italian, we are from the US, we live in Iowa, I'm looking for a family oriented one man women, religion isn't a big deal, someone who loves me for me and would stand next to me, not behind or in front but equal, as for age range since I'm still in my mid 20's I don't want anyone over 30 now when I do go if I happen to meet someone a little over 30 and I feel a strong connection I will pursue it. As for his physique, he is a high school football coach and played football in college as a linebacker, he's big but most is muscle.


I don't think China is a good fit for you two, imo. Asian women (in Asia, not Asian American women) tend not to like big, tall, stocky White men. I agree with Kai1275 sentiments. Why don't you pick Eastern Europe, Russia, or Latin America--where the women like those types of figures in men?


I have to agree here.

Women in asia mostly like really thin guys. What is considered average in America is fat in Asia, what is just a little overweight in America is obese here, and what is considered just fat in America is disgustingly obese here.

At 200 pounds you'll be considered morbidly obese and your friend will be considered a walking freak show at 300 pounds. I weigh less than you do and I'm considered fat here in china. I've been losing weight recently though. I probably weigh 30 pounds less than you do, and I'm "fat" here.

Just look at how thin the average young guy in china is, that's average, and that's what you have to compete with. Keep in mind, in china they like thin guys.


It depends. I am about 190 but I used to bodybuild, so I have big muscles. At 5'8" at that and I get plenty of attention. Some of them like muscles too. If you guys played football, just get back into football shape and stop eating 10,000+ calories again and it should fall off in no time. Big quads and arms are okay, just do not look like you are lugging it, like some of the nasty dudes and women in the US do.
kai1275
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1436
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:19 pm

Postby The Professor » Fri May 10, 2013 3:17 pm

xiongmao wrote:It's not too difficult to lose weight here, especially if you hate rice and noodles!


I actually think hating rice and noodles will make you more likely to gain weight here in china. If you're not into rice and noodles and other common foods in china, you'll probably just end up eating at McDonalds or KFC, both of which are ubiquitous in China, at least in any of the parts that a laowai would be living in.

A thread about dieting in China sounds like a pretty good idea.
The Professor
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 159
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:52 pm

Postby xiongmao » Fri May 10, 2013 3:34 pm

I believe I'm gradually losing weight. Who knows, as I've not used any scales since I left England. All I have to go on is that my trousers now fall down without a belt, and I'm using the inner notches of the belt. So I'm pretty sure I have lost weight.

To be honest I eat a load of junk here. I cook mainly pasta, snack on bread and assorted other junk. I drink gallons of beer, but the stuff here is quite weak. I go to McDonalds more than I should.

What has changed though is that I don't eat so much, and if you want to lose weight, the AMOUNT you eat is way more important that WHAT you eat.

I don't have a TV here, so I'm no longer grazing on snacks all night. I use my computer more, but it's harder to snack and type!

Plus I walk a lot here, and there are subtle ways of exercising here. Like the fact that our University doesn't have any lifts. And how many steps are there out of the local metro station? 50? 500? 5000? Who knows.
In February 2013 I quit my boring job and now I'm Happier Abroad...
Do YOU want to date beautiful foreign women? Find out which country's women are best for you, and which dating site to look for them on!
Plus, if you like Asian girls, then check out my free Asian dating site.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2540
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:09 pm
Location: London

Previous

Return to Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests