Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby Ghost » Sun May 12, 2013 6:04 am

Last edited by Ghost on Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby The Professor » Sun May 12, 2013 8:12 am

Women are the same wherever you go. If a woman makes enough money, or if her father or the government is willing to take care of her, of course she will be cold, bitchy, and picky about looks. Without any financial incentive, women will not show men (who are not good looking) an iota of respect or kindness no matter what country they are from or how unattractive they are themselves.
The Professor
Freshman Poster

Re: "Educated" filipinas are apparently nearly the

Postby Taco » Sun May 12, 2013 9:51 am

Ghost wrote:-They were from Manila or similar metropolises. Most were in college.

-They were sarcastic, bitchy, and suspicious.

Well, it was very eye-opening. I really want to visit the PI in the future but now I think I will be avoiding Manila all together. Even a third world country it seems is not immune to feminism in its "upper class," modernized areas. I really do like simple Filipinas, so I guess I would have to go to the rural areas to find one. What good is the ability to have a conversation if the girl is a westernized bitch?

That's the smartest observation I've heard here in a long time.

Stay far away from Luzon(Manila) women and any college educated women in the Philippines. Lots of guys will disagree with me because they still believe the western media that college educated women are "new and improved', their not. Their much more demanding, narcissistic, dysfunctional(in general) and faster at emptying your bank account. Filipino guys are smart enough to stay away from them but most foreign guys will jump into a mine field of educated Filipinas with a smile on their face.

If you want a good Filipina you head straight to Cebu. Any where in the Visayas or Mindanao you can find good women. However, you do need to be careful, there's lots of women here that are not marriage material and should be avoided. My Filipina wife has only one semester at college and she is by far the easiest woman to get along with that I've ever dated.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Hero » Sun May 12, 2013 10:55 am

And for God's sake, avoid any Filipina who's visited a western country. I dated a Pinay who had spent 3 years in Germany and had a rich German BF. She spent my money like there was no tomorrow and wouldn't even give me a peck on the cheek. I dumped her after the 3rd date.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Postby Johnny1975 » Sun May 12, 2013 12:04 pm

Funnily enough I've been thinking about this too over the last 24 lours. I chat with a lot of filipinas on a particular dayting site (I don't want to say which one, as I want them all to myself), and most of them are very simple. Simple in a good way, but also simple in a frustrating way. Conversation is very limited. Fortunately I'm a smooth talker so I enjoy flirting and being playful but I wish I could get some intellectual stimulation out of them. I don't expect and I don't want Einsteins, that would be unnecessary, but something at least. When I try to imagine what it would be like to be with one of them long term, on the one hand it would be very nice, but I don't know what I'd do if I was just sitting and chatting with her for an hour or so. I think I'd get bored fast.

Sometimes when I'm chatting I ask them a question, and then a day or two later they reply, but they don't answer my question, or even acknowledge it in any way. They just say hello again, how are you. It's frustrating to have to go back to basic pleasantries instead of moving on.

I've never been to the Philippines but from everything that I've gathered here and elsewhere, it appears that most girls are simple, and the few who are a bit more intellectually sophisticated are such a contrast from the majority, that they're considered, and therefore see themselves as being really, really sharp. To the point of arrogance. They don't seem to realise that even in sh itholes like the UK and the US, that level of intellectuality is not uncommon. It's pretty normal in fact. Our humour has more irony, more levels and subtleties, and overall our brains are wired to be more discerning, sharp, etc. It's really not a big deal, and when you live in such a culture you don't wield your intellect much, at least in such an arrogant manner, because you know you're not that special.

These educated filipinas think that they're somehow special when really they're not. They don't seem to realise how transparent they are, how obvious it is that they're fu cked up. In a way that's a good thing because at least you can see the warning signs very easily. They're an open book and they don't know it. Yet they think they're so clever. They're big fishes in a little pond, and they are so unworldly that they don't know that much of the rest of the world isn't particularly impressed. That's a lot of nerve. It's like a slightly sane person in a mental hospital thinking they're a psychiatrist or a life coach or role model.

So now I have a dilemma. If I go for a filipina from the Philippines, she'd most likely be a good natured simpleton. The few exceptions would most likely be bitchy knowitalls. So what about filipinas in the UK? On the one hand, they'd probably be genuinely smarter, bu th the other hand they might be too westernised (in the worst aspects). This is why I've said before that actually going abroad is not necessarily the answer. I think you just have to find a good girl and weigh up the pros and cons of her personality in the context of her upbringing, wherever that may be.
Last edited by Johnny1975 on Sun May 12, 2013 1:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Postby Bane » Sun May 12, 2013 12:43 pm

As they say in the MGTOW community: AWALT baby, AWALT!
"A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world." -Oscar Wilde

"Invincibility is in oneself, vulnerability is in the opponent" -Sun Tzu
Bane
Freshman Poster

Re: "Educated" filipinas are apparently nearly the

Postby Array9 » Sun May 12, 2013 12:56 pm

Taco wrote:Stay far away from Luzon(Manila) women and any college educated women in the Philippines. Lots of guys will disagree with me because they still believe the western media that college educated women are "new and improved', their not. Their much more demanding, narcissistic, dysfunctional(in general) and faster at emptying your bank account. Filipino guys are smart enough to stay away from them but most foreign guys will jump into a mine field of educated Filipinas with a smile on their face.

If you want a good Filipina you head straight to Cebu. Any where in the Visayas or Mindanao you can find good women. However, you do need to be careful, there's lots of women here that are not marriage material and should be avoided. My Filipina wife has only one semester at college and she is by far the easiest woman to get along with that I've ever dated.

This is some of the best advice I have read here on HA. I have dated or chatted with hundreds of Filipinas. Some of the educated ones act like they are special. We have even seen girls from Luzon on this site who exhibit the bitchy attitudes that men want to avoid from Western women.

There are a lot of smart women in the Philippines who don't have a college education but are more desirable than the educated ones. They know how to save money, come from a decent family and would never lose their humble nature.
Men chase, women choose

As long as you have gold in your hand, you will ALWAYS have bread on your table.
Array9
Freshman Poster

Postby Johnny1975 » Sun May 12, 2013 1:31 pm

Here's an interesting thought: Is there any way to take a simple girl, with all her good qualities, and somehow increase her intellect to a level that is sufficient to make her more stimulating, and to do it in a fairly short time?
***** Join my forum for entrepreneurs and aspiring entrepreneurs : *****

http://inspiredentrepreneur.forumotion.com/

And while you're at it...

*** Buy my motherf***ing book NOW!!!!! *** -----> http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K5ZHTCW

DO IT!
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Postby xiongmao » Sun May 12, 2013 1:32 pm

Filipinas tend to be fairly simple. As a guy from a working class background that kind of appeals to me.

I've dated Chinese power ladies, but I worry they'd be too much for me. Be careful what you wish for.
In February 2013 I quit my boring job and now I'm Happier Abroad...
Do YOU want to date beautiful foreign women? Find out which country's women are best for you, and which dating site to look for them on!
Plus, if you like Asian girls, then check out my free Asian dating site.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Postby Hero » Sun May 12, 2013 1:37 pm

Johnny1975 wrote:Here's an interesting thought: Is there any way to take a simple girl, with all her good qualities, and somehow increase her intellect to a level that is sufficient to make her more stimulating, and to do it in a fairly short time?

Nah. The time to do that is her childhood. Once she's in her 20's, she just won't have the attention span or the interest to increase her intellect. I know this from my experience as a college professor. If you haven't built the foundation for an intellectual life by learning the three R's by the time you're 18, you're very unlikely to catch up, even if you try hard.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Postby Adama » Sun May 12, 2013 2:31 pm

I dont see the point in marrying an educated woman. That is, unless you need someone to pay 50% of the bills or something. That's one thing that never appealed to me.
Look for women who automatically want to please you because it pleases them. Any woman who seeks to please her man is a treasure. Even better if you don't have to ask but rather suggest.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Johnny1975 » Sun May 12, 2013 3:06 pm

Adama wrote:I dont see the point in marrying an educated woman. That is, unless you need someone to pay 50% of the bills or something. That's one thing that never appealed to me.

Imagine marrying or living with a woman who has the qualities that you're looking for, but you can't chat with her about stuff, or share insights or whatever. It would get very boring. It's not for everyone, but a bit of intellectual stimulation can make the difference between being able to keep things interesting, and getting bored out of your brains. I'm not talking about being educated in the common sense of the word necessarily, I just mean having something between her ears.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Postby JimmyC » Sun May 12, 2013 4:17 pm

Johnny1975 wrote:
Adama wrote:I dont see the point in marrying an educated woman. That is, unless you need someone to pay 50% of the bills or something. That's one thing that never appealed to me.

Imagine marrying or living with a woman who has the qualities that you're looking for, but you can't chat with her about stuff, or share insights or whatever. It would get very boring. It's not for everyone, but a bit of intellectual stimulation can make the difference between being able to keep things interesting, and getting bored out of your brains. I'm not talking about being educated in the common sense of the word necessarily, I just mean having something between her ears.

I've noticed a lack of what I would call 'intellectual curiosity' in the Philippines. On my first trip to Cebu, I went to a museum and was fascinated by the section that dealt with the first contact with the Spanish. I asked my guide why the Spanish showed up in the 16th century and not before? He looked at me like I was crazy to even wonder about that! It bugged me so much that I went back to my hotel and spent an hour researching it, finding that it was the development of the more stable caravel and carrack sea vessels along with improved navigation techniques from the Renaissance that made it all happen. And Spain was first because they were the most advance European state of the day, with easy access to the ocean and private entities interested in new trade routes and the desire to spread Christianity.

Of course to be fair, there probably aren't a lot of people in the US who would be interested in this as well. Maybe it's just me :)
JimmyC
Freshman Poster

Postby fschmidt » Sun May 12, 2013 5:07 pm

Adama wrote:I dont see the point in marrying an educated woman.

The main benefit is that she can homeschool your kids. I homeschool my daughter who will not go to college but will be much more educated than most college graduates. She will be equipped to teach any high school course on any subject, which I hope she applies to homeschooling her kids.
Following the Old Testament, not evil modern culture
fschmidt
Veteran Poster

Postby ladislav » Sun May 12, 2013 5:26 pm

One thing in many developing countries holds true- the richer and more educated- the more snobbish and narrow-minded. In other words, the more education they get and the more money they have, the more they become like Archie Bunker. An angry, sarcastic, prejudiced person in America is usually the working classes. Same in England.

An angry sarcastic, prejudiced person in the Philippines and Thailand are the ones with an MA. Weird as shit.

You are just like me, you have an MA! We are the same!

Ah, but we are not the same!

Also, the more educated many Filipinos become, the more they move away from their Austronesian culture and become kind of red-neckish American. But at the same time, they are uber sensitive about what you say about them while they have free reign to bash everyone and anyone with total impunity. Ennui, cynicism and being blase about things is another common trait they have. A western mind import in the most twisted way possible.

The Philippine education was patterned after the American one, so you get a strange result there. One glaring similarity is very little knowledge of geography and foreign cultures except that of the US. So, its kind of hard to have international discussions with them.

Educated Filipinas are good and friendly when they are 60+ . That is when they mellow down.

Thankfully, in and around Manila, such educated Filipinas are hard to date- they are too stuck up. They can also unleash a barrage of anti-American verbal diarrhea at you or any white man- all white people are Americans to them.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Next

Return to Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand