Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby mguy » Fri May 17, 2013 3:47 am

Ask your chick which univ shes from. There are three elites: ateneo, la salle -taft, and ummm... university of Philippines(smart ones here).

Also good indicator is if she went to priv religious high school (spring board), which i heard now runs at .5mil pesos or approx $12,000/yr... the education over there is priceless (corrupt politician breeding ground).
mguy
Junior Poster

Postby Mr S » Fri May 17, 2013 4:08 am

Seeker wrote:
They don't marry the hot Filipina's here for their brains but for their looks and carting them around like a trophy wife here and there saying look at how hot my wife is in comparison to how much of an old, fat, ugly f**k I am, ha ha eat shit gawkers.

They rarely marry hot Filipinas at all. The vast vast majority of Western men with Filipinas are with below average looking women, not "hot" or even decent looking. They are usually very small, impoverished looking, "maid" types or fat girls that are considered unattractive by local men.

Well I've seen both, ugly ones and stunners, actually more stunners but that's because I travel a lot and see the numbers game. I see the best looking ones running around Cebu area usually. Also it's personal taste as well so someone that might be unattractive to one dude might be acceptable or attractive to another. I think I have a pretty decent range of what is considered the 'average' attractiveness within a +1 or -1 point range on a 1-10 scale.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Postby kai1275 » Fri May 17, 2013 12:37 pm

Mr S wrote:
Seeker wrote:
They don't marry the hot Filipina's here for their brains but for their looks and carting them around like a trophy wife here and there saying look at how hot my wife is in comparison to how much of an old, fat, ugly f**k I am, ha ha eat shit gawkers.

They rarely marry hot Filipinas at all. The vast vast majority of Western men with Filipinas are with below average looking women, not "hot" or even decent looking. They are usually very small, impoverished looking, "maid" types or fat girls that are considered unattractive by local men.

Well I've seen both, ugly ones and stunners, actually more stunners but that's because I travel a lot and see the numbers game. I see the best looking ones running around Cebu area usually. Also it's personal taste as well so someone that might be unattractive to one dude might be acceptable or attractive to another. I think I have a pretty decent range of what is considered the 'average' attractiveness within a +1 or -1 point range on a 1-10 scale.

I know quite a few couples like that here in the US as well. It ranges widely. Some are hot, some are not. Most are average. The looks and money the man makes seems to have little to no bearing on their level of hotness either.
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Postby ladislav » Fri May 17, 2013 12:57 pm

This is life in the PI, I've met many guys like this. In PI they are trying to reenact their lost teen's and 20's with the simple girls here, and they can do it. It rejuvenates them so that's why they never want to leave. Similar to Thailand probably, but at least you can converse with them with English in PI.

Tell me about it! Lost teens and twenties. Yeah, that's right- two lost decades of the time when you are most sincere and want to give love the most. When you write poetry and sing songs to them and they treat you like crap.

Well, at least we are men and we can make up- we have the chance. Those girls who treated us like crap do not. They are now past their menopause and look like crap themselves.

Actually I take it back- some do reenact those 20ies- they go to Oman, Africa, the Caribbean and do the same. But so few of them do that.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Filipinos like Spanish mestizas which do not look good to Western guys because we have those back home in millions. White guys like the Malay/Hawaiian look- that's hot for them.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Raja » Fri May 17, 2013 2:19 pm

ladislav wrote:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Filipinos like Spanish mestizas which do not look good to Western guys because we have those back home in millions. White guys like the Malay/Hawaiian look- that's hot for them.

Outside of specialty Fil/Am message boards I chuckle at the guys complaining that Filipinos don't look like Japanese or fill in the blank mestiza TV star. However I will admit that many do go to the Philippines because it is the easiest way to or as close as they can get to a Japanese look.
Raja
Freshman Poster

Postby kai1275 » Fri May 17, 2013 5:16 pm

Raja wrote:
ladislav wrote:

Outside of specialty Fil/Am message boards I chuckle at the guys complaining that Filipinos don't look like Japanese or fill in the blank mestiza TV star. However I will admit that many do go to the Philippines because it is the easiest way to or as close as they can get to a Japanese look.

You know what is funny. I have a Marine friend at Okinawa, and he and his wife told me that many japanese girls stalk the soldiers especially the black men there. They cannot get them off of the men at the base sometimes. He hated dealing with that! He is pro-black and hates inter-racial stuff. He thought the women were weird.

When I heard that at the time, I was still with my exwife at the time, I wanted to scream out a loud FUUUUUUUUUUUCK! LOL! Being an Otaku kinda much of my teenage years and being able to speak understand Japanese some, that was quite the heavy blow when many in the past said Japanese hate blacks.
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Postby Maverick » Thu May 23, 2013 10:51 am

I've been chatting with Filipinas in college. They seem pretty nice to me.....
Maverick
Junior Poster

Postby Winston » Thu May 23, 2013 11:59 am

ladislav wrote:One thing in many developing countries holds true- the richer and more educated- the more snobbish and narrow-minded. In other words, the more education they get and the more money they have, the more they become like Archie Bunker. An angry, sarcastic, prejudiced person in America is usually the working classes. Same in England.

Yeah that's what I've noticed about middle class people in general. I've mentioned that in other threads. It's like once people get money, they start becoming nasty inside, with the same soul/personality as the wicked stepmother in Cinderella. You can see the attitude of Cinderella's stepmother on many American women for some reason. It's nasty and uncomfortable to be around. But you can feel it in their vibe.

The only truly friendly middle class people I know are either spiritually-oriented types, or avid traveler types.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby Ghost » Fri May 24, 2013 11:59 pm

Last edited by Ghost on Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Maverick » Sat May 25, 2013 9:30 am

Ghost wrote:
Maverick wrote:I've been chatting with Filipinas in college. They seem pretty nice to me.....

I think there is a lot more to it than that. Just because she is in college or a graduate doesn't make her automatically a westernized bitch. I had an LDR with a Filipina before and she was a college graduate but also very sweet. (And beautiful too - she didn't reject me based on my looks. Could have been other reasons, but I can't say for sure.)

She was also originally from Manila but was nothing like these westernized Filipinas I chatted with recently. So I think college is an indicator but not a decider of what a Filipina will be like.

Well, I also work with Filipinas that have either been born in America or have been here for a long time. They are highly educated (one is a doctor)I find them to be very nice people. I would date them in a heartbeat if they were single.

I also had a long-term relationship with a filipina that had lived in America for some time and was attending college. She was nice too (even though she did get worse as time went on, she was still nowhere near as bad as the white American women I've dated).

Again, in my own personal experience, I found them to be really good people. Of course, I've met some white American women that are also good people. But with the small amount of westernized filipinas that I've met compared to the large amounts of white American women, there is really no contest.

The westernized filipinas win by a long shot.
Maverick
Junior Poster

Postby Christianfilipinacom » Sun May 26, 2013 3:14 am

This seems like a bit of an odd conversation overall. If you want to meet decent, educated Filipinas, our site is the best for that. If you try to find them elsewhere, it's still possible of course, just a little harder.
Christianfilipinacom
Freshman Poster

Postby Anonymous1 » Mon May 27, 2013 2:45 am

Raja wrote:
ladislav wrote:

actually when filipinas look EA they look more korean

the filipina in the hanbok is the most EA look I have seen on a filipina and she is more reminiscint of a korean then a japanese
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kDw5_timxs
Anonymous1
Freshman Poster

Postby celery2010 » Mon May 27, 2013 4:25 am

If you are looking for intelligent, beautiful and feminine women, try eastern europe/russia. Some women are well-versed in various topics can be quite intelligent.

Personally, i never had any issues with educated Filipina women. I only found the bitchy ones in places like Taiwan or Singapore.

However, against the opinion of most guys here, i think that it is an asset to have an intelligent woman. It will help you in your career, the decisions you make, business networking, etc. Just make sure she is still hot though.
celery2010
Freshman Poster

Postby Anonymous1 » Mon May 27, 2013 4:39 am

celery2010 wrote:If you are looking for intelligent, beautiful and feminine women, try eastern europe/russia. Some women are well-versed in various topics can be quite intelligent.

Personally, i never had any issues with educated Filipina women. I only found the bitchy ones in places like Taiwan or Singapore.

However, against the opinion of most guys here, i think that it is an asset to have an intelligent woman. It will help you in your career, the decisions you make, business networking, etc. Just make sure she is still hot though.

actually my cousin is rich and educated...as well as beautiful

she is the furthest thing from bitchy....she ended up marrying her slightly overweight average joe family friend who she grew up with...
Anonymous1
Freshman Poster

Postby Anonymous1 » Mon May 27, 2013 6:22 pm

Btw there is nothing easy about snagging a ea looking filipina....they are the hardest to snag out of all filipinas
Anonymous1
Freshman Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand