Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby Jester » Tue May 28, 2013 4:48 am

celery2010 wrote:....i think that it is an asset to have an intelligent woman. It will help you in your career, the decisions you make, business networking, etc. Just make sure she is still hot though.

Intelligent but not indoctrinated.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Anonymous1 » Tue May 28, 2013 4:58 am

Christianfilipinacom wrote:This seems like a bit of an odd conversation overall. If you want to meet decent, educated Filipinas, our site is the best for that. If you try to find them elsewhere, it's still possible of course, just a little harder.

Actually a website that claims such a thing is probably lying...if you want to meet a decent filipina I suggest you go looking in the churches
remember decent filipinas arent putting themselves out in websites looking for western men....those women are most likely desperate

another way of meeting a decent filipina may be to take a english language course in the Philippines....
Anonymous1
Freshman Poster

Postby Maverick » Tue May 28, 2013 5:02 am

Anonymous1 wrote:
Christianfilipinacom wrote:This seems like a bit of an odd conversation overall. If you want to meet decent, educated Filipinas, our site is the best for that. If you try to find them elsewhere, it's still possible of course, just a little harder.

Actually a website that claims such a thing is probably lying...if you want to meet a decent filipina I suggest you go looking in the churches
remember decent filipinas arent putting themselves out in websites looking for western men....those women are most likely desperate

This is interesting.

I've met some seemingly good Filipinas on dating sites recently. Are you saying that they're all desperate and undesirable in their cultures?
Maverick
Junior Poster

Postby Anonymous1 » Tue May 28, 2013 5:06 am

Maverick wrote:
Anonymous1 wrote:

This is interesting.

I've met some seemingly good Filipinas on dating sites recently. Are you saying that they're all desperate and undesirable in their cultures?

desperate...most likely

undesriable....that would be questionable....but if they were desriable why the need to put yourself out there in a website?
Anonymous1
Freshman Poster

Postby Maverick » Tue May 28, 2013 5:17 am

Anonymous1 wrote:
Maverick wrote:
Anonymous1 wrote:

This is interesting.

desperate...most likely

undesriable....that would be questionable....but if they were desriable why the need to put yourself out there in a website?

I was guessing for the same reason as I do: I can't meet any attractive, nice girl in my own culture that's relationship material.
Maverick
Junior Poster

Postby Anonymous1 » Tue May 28, 2013 5:21 am

Maverick wrote:
Anonymous1 wrote:
Maverick wrote:
Anonymous1 wrote:

This is interesting.

desperate...most likely

I was guessing for the same reason as I do: I can't meet any attractive, nice girl in my own culture that's relationship material.

whats your culture btw??
Anonymous1
Freshman Poster

Postby Maverick » Tue May 28, 2013 5:48 am

Anonymous1 wrote:
Maverick wrote:
Anonymous1 wrote:
Maverick wrote:
Anonymous1 wrote:

This is interesting.

desperate...most likely

whats your culture btw??

American
Maverick
Junior Poster

Postby Anonymous1 » Tue May 28, 2013 6:08 am

Maverick wrote:
Anonymous1 wrote:
Maverick wrote:
Anonymous1 wrote:
Maverick wrote:
Anonymous1 wrote:

This is interesting.

desperate...most likely

whats your culture btw??

American

have you tried the Midwest??
Anonymous1
Freshman Poster

Postby davewe » Tue May 28, 2013 6:46 am

Anonymous1 wrote:

another way of meeting a decent filipina may be to take a english language course in the Philippines....

This is a pretty old argument; that all girls on dating sites are bad, desperate, scammers, etc. Lots are of course just as lots are in the "real" world. But plenty aren't.

As to your strategies, they are good ones. But they presuppose that guys have moved to PI or are staying there long enough to take courses in the Philippines. Looking in church is also a nice strategy but it presupposes that you are religious. Going to church to meet girls when you are not religious is hypocritical and the decent girls you speak of will certainly bust you for that.

If you live in PI and are a good person you will have no trouble meeting good girls. If you are planning a vacation and have limited time Dating sites do work; they just take effort to learn to swim through the waters.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Postby davewe » Tue May 28, 2013 6:47 am

Anonymous1 wrote:

This is a pretty old argument; that all girls on dating sites are bad, desperate, scammers, etc. Lots are of course just as lots are in the "real" world. But plenty aren't.

As to your strategies, they are good ones. But they presuppose that guys have moved to PI or and staying there long enough to take courses in the Philippines. Looking in church is also a nice strategy but it presupposes that you are religious. Going to church to meet girls when you are not religious is hypocritical and the decent girls you speak of will certainly bust you for that.

If you live in PI and are a good person you will have no trouble meeting good girls. If you are planning a vacation and have limited time Dating sites do work; they just take effort to learn to swim through the waters.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Postby Raja » Tue May 28, 2013 1:33 pm

davewe wrote:As to your strategies, they are good ones. But they presuppose that guys have moved to PI or and staying there long enough to take courses in the Philippines. Looking in church is also a nice strategy but it presupposes that you are religious. Going to church to meet girls when you are not religious is hypocritical and the decent girls you speak of will certainly bust you for that.

However the dominant church has compulsory attendance, meaning that many who are lukewarm at best Catholics show up. So the hypocritical will fit right in. The minority faiths in order to set themselves apart and survive in such an environment tend to run towards a more fundamentalist mindset
Raja
Freshman Poster

Postby Maverick » Tue May 28, 2013 6:26 pm

Anonymous1 wrote:
Maverick wrote:
Anonymous1 wrote:
Maverick wrote:
Anonymous1 wrote:
Maverick wrote:
Anonymous1 wrote:

This is interesting.

desperate...most likely

whats your culture btw??

American

have you tried the Midwest??

No. My reasons for dating filipinas and eventually moving to the Philippines go beyond just what I wrote.

Besides the issues with American marriage, I'm also most attracted to filipinas and I'm very short in height by American standards. So I'd like to move to a country where the average height is significantly shorter. Also, it certainly doesn't hurt that the girls tend to be more humble and better communicators (this comes from experience of dating both AW and foreign-born Filipinas here in the US).
Maverick
Junior Poster

Postby Bane » Wed May 29, 2013 1:53 am

Winston wrote:
ladislav wrote:One thing in many developing countries holds true- the richer and more educated- the more snobbish and narrow-minded. In other words, the more education they get and the more money they have, the more they become like Archie Bunker. An angry, sarcastic, prejudiced person in America is usually the working classes. Same in England.

Yeah that's what I've noticed about middle class people in general. I've mentioned that in other threads. It's like once people get money, they start becoming nasty inside, with the same soul/personality as the wicked stepmother in Cinderella. You can see the attitude of Cinderella's stepmother on many American women for some reason. It's nasty and uncomfortable to be around. But you can feel it in their vibe.

The only truly friendly middle class people I know are either spiritually-oriented types, or avid traveler types.

Unfortunately, this is one of the nasty side effects of the materialism that our society promotes.
"A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world." -Oscar Wilde

"Invincibility is in oneself, vulnerability is in the opponent" -Sun Tzu
Bane
Freshman Poster

Postby Ghost » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:47 am

Last edited by Ghost on Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Maverick » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:43 am

Ghost wrote:Ok, well, since I haven't actually expatted yet, I've continued to try to find Filipinas online. I found one the other night and we had a long chat. She was from Manila, and was educated - a lawyer. I told her about feminism and why it harmed women, men, children, and whole societies, but she kept rejecting it. Even so, she didn't end the convo when I said things she didn't like.

I told her that most women have to choose between career and family and can't have both, but she kept saying that she would like to believe that she could have both and that her being "educated" wouldn't scare off too many men.

Well, after a while we finally exchanged emails and she said she wanted to friend me on facebook also.

Guess what happened - again?

Yep, she didn't respond after that. She could see my pictures and didn't add me. Just dead cold after we had a long conversation and even liked each other enough to keep chatting through a few arguments. Insane.

I'm tired of this shit. Being rejected by AWs for my looks comes standard. But even ugly Filipinas have told me they would accept how I look (they were poor though and didn't have a lot of options.) The psychological pain is getting to be bad once even foreign women do it. I know this was a girl from Manila.....but damn. It hurts all the same.

You're just assuming it's your looks. You might not be as bad looking as you think.

I think you wrote in another post that you're overweight. Have you considered just losing this weight?

Also, I think you should put your pics in your dating profile. You will save yourself some time and heart ache if you do that. I also generally avoid talking about American women (and other such cultural/political stuff) when I first speak to a girl. It's too negative of a subjective in my opinion....and being negative isn't attractive in any culture.
Maverick
Junior Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand