Personality of Filipino women?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
C.J.
Experienced Poster

Post by C.J. »

Johnny1975 wrote:Bla bla bla...
Shit. You're right.
I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you soI told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so,I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so...
Phew! Gotta catch mah breath. :D

Seriously though, it's a lot more than just acting like you got an emotional problem. I noticed some male members have subtle feminine qualities.... that are sure to get more prominent as they waste more of their masculine energies in females. As a man, it's important to have this. The inflexible contempt(which many blindly say is "racial pride" in some cases), vigor, strength and the huge "Holier than thou" ego are things one should be proud of. :)

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

pete98146 wrote:
Johnny1975 wrote:There's always a price to pay.

If you want femininity, kindness, humility, etc, you're probably going to have to compromise on other stuff. I'm slowly starting to come to terms with that.
Truer words have never been spoken. I think it goes without saying that if you date a foreign woman she'll hold onto characteristics and customs from her country. As a result her sense of humor may completely different from those of us that grew up in the western culture. I'll give you a perfect example. My wife watches her filipino variety shows online. I'll look over her shoulder at times and I don't consider the material all that funny but she's laughing so hard she has tears in her eyes. But who am I to judge?

For those that have seen "Lost in Translation", much of the the movies central theme will hold true when you date or marry a foreign lady. Having known my wife for over 10 years, it's fair to say half the stuff I find funny she doesn't and visa versa. Welcome to Culture Differences 101. But Johnny is absolutely correct, you may have to give up something in one area to gain in another.
And after a while you start to realize that what you "gave up" is not so much. You'll give up some pseudo-intellectual debates (which Western women will fight you to the death over). You'll give up her expectation that you will lie when she asks you how she looks (you won't have to lie with your foreign girl who looks slim and great). You'll give up on having to compromise every single time (that is if you ever want sex from her ever again). You'll give up having to change yourself for her, since she is "growing" and you are not. And let's not forget what you don't have to give up: a huge amount of your money, time, patience, and sanity.

As to humor and comedy - I agree. It's probably the most fragile and non-translatable of human communications. What girls I have gotten in my life I usually got because of my sense of humor. My Filipina gf laughs at the appropriate places but I think she laughs because I say things in a funny way; she understands the inflection in my voice. In many cases I doubt she gets why it is funny. Conversely, when she and her friends talk they are always laughing - and whatever is supposed to be funny usually goes over my head.

This is the choice we make in traveling or living abroad. They will never exactly understand your cultural contexts and neither will you. But the effort to try is still damn fun!
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

pete98146 wrote:

If you want femininity, kindness, humility, etc, you're probably going to have to compromise on other stuff. I'm slowly starting to come to terms with that.
Truer words have never been spoken. I think it goes without saying that if you date a foreign woman she'll hold onto characteristics and customs from her country. As a result her sense of humor may completely different from those of us that grew up in the western culture. I'll give you a perfect example. My wife watches her filipino variety shows online. I'll look over her shoulder at times and I don't consider the material all that funny but she's laughing so hard she has tears in her eyes. But who am I to judge?

For those that have seen "Lost in Translation", much of the the movies central theme will hold true when you date or marry a foreign lady. Having known my wife for over 10 years, it's fair to say half the stuff I find funny she doesn't and visa versa. Welcome to Culture Differences 101. But Johnny is absolutely correct, you may have to give up something in one area to gain in another.
It's true about humour. I'm spanish but I've been living in London for a long time. But I still understand spanish humour and the "angle" at which things are looked at. It's very refreshing to know that different cultures see things differently, and put emphasis on different things. It's nice to know that typical british / american emphasis on irony, sarcasm, and multi level meanings isn't universal. I don't really think other cultures are stupid, it's just that they see things in different terms. I guess that's part of being a different culture. Cats are stupid in the sense that if you point to something, instead of looking at what you're pointing at, they'll look at your hand. They can't conceive that you could be pointing at something else. But they don't need to understand all those different levels of meaning, their brains are too busy being good at things like balancing, and knowing when there's an earthquake.

An example of something that may sound really stupid to a stuck up english person, but which is actually quite profound, is this :

My mum used to say, don't marry an english woman, she'll just make you a sandwich and go to work.

An english person might think "what's wrong with going to work?" "Yeah, she made a sandwich, that's good, isn't it? What's the problem?" These are all based on looking at it literally and without any imagination as to what is being inferred.

The meaning of it is (and I understand this instinctively) : Instead of putting in the effort of cooking you a proper meal, she'll make you a sandwich as she rushes off to work, which to her is more important than you. There's nothing wrong with her having a job, but not if it comes first.

That's why I think that maybe when someone in another culture says something that sounds simplistic, perhaps there's deeper meaning and wisdom going on. But without sarcasm. Clever.

So for me, personally, although I'm used to the british humour, and I do like it to a large extent (it suits me), I'm also aware of the spanish way of seeing things, and it it very familiar to me. It's relatively primitive, but I think it's because other cultures have different priorities. Maybe having a more simple sense of humour is a natural symptom of seeing life in more simple terms, which itself is a symptom of having one's priorities right. Maybe it's the british / american way which is all wrong, maybe they have so much time on their hands that they can afford to come up with all that sarcasm, or maybe it's a sign of feeling superior. I think language, humour, and stuff like that is what a culture is all about, hence why they're so different.

As I think about this, it's obvious that there's always a compromise. The trick I guess is to find the culture that has the best deal on offer, or find women who are the exception in her culture, in the sense of having most of the best, and some good stuff that isn't part of her culture.
Last edited by Johnny1975 on May 23rd, 2013, 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

davewe wrote:
pete98146 wrote:

And after a while you start to realize that what you "gave up" is not so much. You'll give up some pseudo-intellectual debates (which Western women will fight you to the death over). You'll give up her expectation that you will lie when she asks you how she looks (you won't have to lie with your foreign girl who looks slim and great). You'll give up on having to compromise every single time (that is if you ever want sex from her ever again). You'll give up having to change yourself for her, since she is "growing" and you are not. And let's not forget what you don't have to give up: a huge amount of your money, time, patience, and sanity.

As to humor and comedy - I agree. It's probably the most fragile and non-translatable of human communications. What girls I have gotten in my life I usually got because of my sense of humor. My Filipina gf laughs at the appropriate places but I think she laughs because I say things in a funny way; she understands the inflection in my voice. In many cases I doubt she gets why it is funny. Conversely, when she and her friends talk they are always laughing - and whatever is supposed to be funny usually goes over my head.

This is the choice we make in traveling or living abroad. They will never exactly understand your cultural contexts and neither will you. But the effort to try is still damn fun!
I've become too comfortable in this shi tty english culture. I do think there's value in the british sarcasm, etc, as well as the intellectual crap, and it has grown on me, and I don't think it's all bad, but sometimes it's too much, everyone trying to be so clever all the time. Up to a point it's cute but then it goes too far. American sitcoms take it to the limit, with loads of double, triple meanings, references, etc. It is clever, I do admire the thought that goes into it, but it is also quite unnatural.

On the other hand, one of my pet hates is being misunderstood, and I don't know if I could tolerate a girl not getting my humour, or getting it but not appreciating it for the intended reasons. But like I say, at some point a compromise has to be made. Maybe dumbing myself down a bit, or explaining myself wouldn't be such a bad idea, but I'd need an outlet somehow.
Kalinago
Junior Poster

Re: Personality of Filipino women?

Post by Kalinago »

Why does this matter?What matters is a woman that isn't a f***ing whore.and that doesn't have high standards and is not a degenerate cunt.
Kalinago
Junior Poster

Post by Kalinago »

Mercer wrote:
March 18th, 2023, 5:35 pm
Kalinago wrote:
March 18th, 2023, 5:28 pm
Why does this matter?What matters is a woman that isn't a f***ing whore.and that doesn't have high standards and is not a degenerate cunt.
Sadly all women are like that. They only act nice when they take advantage of some beta guy. Even Filipino women are all whores who only want Chang.
if I weren't christian I'd be a mgtow whoremongerer so I don't disagree here.men have to put in much more for a ltr than women.some men say the juice is not worth the squeeze.also chad is not enough,all the women ive been saw me as a chad.it didnt help.

relationships are full time jobs where you have to walk on eggshells all the time.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Mercer wrote:
March 18th, 2023, 5:35 pm
Kalinago wrote:
March 18th, 2023, 5:28 pm
Sadly all women are like that. They only act nice when they take advantage of some beta guy. Even Filipino women are all whores who only want Chang.
You shouldn't talk about your mama like that...

Or your grandmother aunts or sisters.